~~~Julie's 2010 CL Log!~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/27/10 Nutrition:
    Actual - 1865.8cal; 201g Protein, 165 Carb, 51g Fat.
    * It seems like I'm going to be closer to the 1,850cal #'s. With the extra protein I was sooo full. I don't think I could have had anymore today. And I still didn't hit those goals!
    ~Julie

Currently Taking:
    - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Comment

• My 1st Food Pron...

"Low-Fat Chicken Fajita Salad For 2"
      (with Edamame on the side)

Recipe:
      1 bell pepper (any color)
      1/2 large sweet onion
      1 Tbsp olive oil
      6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
      2 cups lettuce (any variety)
      2 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
      2 oz low fat cheddar cheese

Directions:
      Slice bell pepper and onion into strips. Place in a skillet and toss with olive oil, turn on med. heat, and add salt (approx 3 turns from a grinder). The salt makes the water from the vegetables leak out and allows for faster caramelization. Cook until soft, approx 20 minutes.

While veggies are cooking, cook the chicken breasts. Cook until fully white inside. Slice into strips.

Prepare 2 salad bowls with 1 cup lettuce each, 1 oz cheddar cheese each (shredded), and 1 Tbsp low-fat sour cream each.

Divide the veggies and chicken into the 2 bowls and toss. You may add salsa.

# of Servings: 2

Nutritional Info:
      - Calories: 266.3
      - Protein: 28.7g
      - Carbohydrates: 10.9g
      - Fat: 11.9g

Edamame Nutritional Info:
      - Calories: 110
      - Protein: 5g
      - Carbohydrates: 8
      - Fat: 3.5g
      ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 35min

Warm-Up: 10min on Elliptical

Nutrition:
        Goal - 45/35/20; Somewhere between 1,850cal (208g Protein, 161g Carb, 41g Fat) and 2,000cal (225g Protein, 175g Carb, 44g Fat).
        Actual - 1875cal; 200 Protein, 183 Carb, 39g Fat
        * Still not quite hitting the new nutrition goals... but felt a little closer today. The extra protein is killing me, lol, sooo full!

Supplements:
        Blue Gene: 5 caps; 45min Pre
        Green Bulge: 5 caps; 20min Pre
        Glycergrow: 3 scoops; 20min Pre
        Purple Wraath: 1.5 scoops; Intra with 24oz water
        Golden Gains: 1 scoop + 1 scoop ON Whey; Bfast with 26oz water
        Orange Triad: 6 Tabs; 2/2/2
        OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies in 5oz pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

Notes:
        Ok, this is probably my best feeling workout yet of the Max-OT program. I felt considerably stronger than last week for sure. Even though there was only one PR (for weight), I felt this workout accomplished a lot. I went up in reps/sets at certain weights at minimum. For Flat Bench, I was able to do 2 sets, with more reps of 135. This week I focused very hard on coming down lower and slower, so it was much more solid. And with the Incline DB Bench, I was surprised at how easy 45's were (really struggled to get 4 reps last week). I could have done all 3 sets 45's had I known. That means I've cleared the rack... lol... bc next week I am gunning for at least one set of 50's! For Decline, I was very happy to get to 130. This is only my second time doing Decline BB (before I had only done Decline DB). So, I figure I will go up quickly on that one.

Max-OT Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124589431
        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Awesome workout and recipe. Btw, one excercise that you can switch with your Decline BB press that will help with your strength increase is dips. I bought a cheap dip belt(from Elitefts.com) and I do them often lately on Maximum Effort day(3rm). It has helped tremendously on shoulder, tricep, and chest strength. My bench has gone up a good amount from them.
          "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
          CFD

Comment

• Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
            Awesome workout and recipe. Btw, one excercise that you can switch with your Decline BB press that will help with your strength increase is dips. I bought a cheap dip belt(from Elitefts.com) and I do them often lately on Maximum Effort day(3rm). It has helped tremendously on shoulder, tricep, and chest strength. My bench has gone up a good amount from them.
            Thanks! Actually dips is what the program called for, but I switched it to decline. Dips are kinda sketchy on my bum shoulder, makes it feel vulnerable/unstable. Though I haven't tried them in a month or so, so maybe next week I'll "try" and see how it goes. Prior to this week, BB Skulls really made my shoulder click/grind... but this week it felt 100% fine. So, I need to go back and revist some of the stuff I couldn't do before to see what's changed, lol.
            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Oh I forgot about your shoulder. Well hopefully youll be able to do them. Thats one sucky thing about dips. If you have a shoulder issue, it brings it out.
              CFD

Comment

• Yeah, I'll give it a try -- at this point I never know anymore, lol.
                ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Just wanted to update my Cardio Workouts from Sat. and Mon.:

5/29/10:
                  Spin Bike @ Home
                  (Intervals Ride - Mix between Aerobic/Strength)
                  * Time = 40min
                  333cal (50% Fat)
                  Max HR = 172 (90%)
                  Avg HR = 132 (69%)

5/31/10:
                  Spin Bike @ Home
                  (Aerobic/Endurance Ride)
                  * Time = 40min
                  340cal (40% Fat)
                  Max HR = 167 (87%)
                  Avg HR = 140 (72%)

5/30/10:
                  Just did the Stretch disc from P90x... it includes: Static, Ballistic, & Yoga Stretches. I followed it up with 20min in the Whirlpool. lol
                  * Time = 50min

-- No Max-OT today... gym is closed for Memorial Day (as it should be). So, hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day!
                  ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 45min

Cool-Down:10min on Treadmill (5min Walking Up Hill/5min Walking Down Hill)

Supplements:
                    Blue Gene: 2 scoops; 45min Pre
                    Green Mag: 5 caps; 20min Pre mixed with WF
                    White Flood: 2 scoops; 20min Pre mixed with GM
                    Golden Gains: 2 scoops; Post with 26oz water
                    OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies in 5oz pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

Notes:
                    Back on stims! I will start off by saying I OD'd on stims by accident. I cycled off for about 3 weeks and also took Reset AD... apparently I got reset more than I thought, lol. I will also say this is the most brutal leg day I have had thus far on Max-OT. My legs were so wobbly when I left, I didn't know if I could drive. lol It's a new routine again, so it took a little bit longer and there were extra sets to find a baseline. I felt crazy on leg press, big PR for me. I decided to try ATG Squats for the first time (avoided them in the past bc of prev. knee problems), I normally do squats just below parallel on the Smith Machine. These were considerably harder than I anticipated... not sure if it's bc they are new, or I burned a lot on leg press or what. The leg curls at my gym are kinda sketchy bc they are seated and not prone - so not very comfy. And I really struggled with the weight on my quads during the seated calf raise, probably could have gone a lot heavier if it wasn't fore that...

* Will post nutrition for the day this evening...

Max-OT Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124589431
                    ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• "Black Bean Quesadillas"

Recipe:
                      - 4 fajita size low-carb tortillas
                      - 1 tsp jarred chopped garlic
                      - 1 c low-fat Mexican cheese blend
                      - 1 can (15 oz) no-salt-added or low-sodium black beans
                      - 1 can (15 oz) low-sodium diced tomatoes with green chilies
                      - 2 Tbsp ground cumin

1. Preheat broiler. Lightly coat cookie sheet with cooking spray.

2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook black beans, tomatoes, cumin, and garlic until liquid dissolves, stirring occasionally.

3. Place folded tortillas on cookie sheet. Unfold and fill half of each with 1/4 of the bean mixture, topped with 1/4 of the cheese. Fold over other side of tortilla.

4. Place cookie sheet under broiler and heat for 3-5 min, watching carefully so tortillas don't burn. Flip and cook for 1-2 min more.

Prep time: 10 minutes
                      Cook time: 8 minutes

Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
                      330cal
                      26g Protein
                      32g Carb
                      8g Fat
                      9g Fiber
                      ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 6/1/10 Nutrition:

Goal - 45/35/20;
                        Between 1,850cal (208g Protein, 161g Carb, 41g Fat) & 2,000cal (225g Protein, 175g Carb, 44g Fat).

Actual -
                        1,881cal
                        198 Protein
                        192 Carb
                        36 Fat

* Still struggling to get the min. protein/fat and going over in carb. I'm going to try to plan my day ahead of time and add it up, so that I'm not trying to fix it all in the evening. lol
                        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Originally posted by JC32 View Post
                          "Black Bean Quesadillas"

Recipe:
                          - 4 fajita size low-carb tortillas
                          - 1 tsp jarred chopped garlic
                          - 1 c low-fat Mexican cheese blend
                          - 1 can (15 oz) no-salt-added or low-sodium black beans
                          - 1 can (15 oz) low-sodium diced tomatoes with green chilies
                          - 2 Tbsp ground cumin

1. Preheat broiler. Lightly coat cookie sheet with cooking spray.

2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook black beans, tomatoes, cumin, and garlic until liquid dissolves, stirring occasionally.

3. Place folded tortillas on cookie sheet. Unfold and fill half of each with 1/4 of the bean mixture, topped with 1/4 of the cheese. Fold over other side of tortilla.

4. Place cookie sheet under broiler and heat for 3-5 min, watching carefully so tortillas don't burn. Flip and cook for 1-2 min more.

Prep time: 10 minutes
                          Cook time: 8 minutes

Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
                          330cal
                          26g Protein
                          32g Carb
                          8g Fat
                          9g Fiber
                          Sweet. Is all that protein coming from the beans? I didnt know black beans had that much
                          CFD

Comment

• Well there are 13g of protein in the wrap, the rest would be the black beans/cheese I believe.
                            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = "About" 40min

Nutrition:
                              Goal - 45/35/20;
                              Between 1,850cal (208g Protein, 161g Carb, 41g Fat) & 2,000cal (225g Protein, 175g Carb, 44g Fat).
                              Actual -
                              1,896cal
                              202g Protein
                              181g Carb
                              36g Fat

* Getting closer here... I'll figure it out! lol

Supplements:
                              White Flood: 2 scoops; 20min Pre in 18oz of water
                              Golden Gains: 2 scoops; Breakfast with 26oz water

Notes:
                              Chest felt really good today. I was really happy with Incline and Flat. The last time I did Flat DB's I did 35-40s, so 55's felt crazy. A little frustrated I'm not going up on Decline, but it's only the 3rd time I've done them with BB. I need to work more on my ab workouts too, it's really hard for me to hit them with cable crunches... so I'm thinking about substituting these with something else. Side note: I'm crippled with soreness from yesterdays legs... quads and @ss are dead. lol
                              ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 50min

Supplements:
                                White Flood: 2 scoops; 20min Pre with 18oz of water
                                Golden Gains: 1 scoop + 1 scoop ON Whey; Post with 26oz water

Notes:
                                One way to describe the day... sh*tty. I'm house/dog sitting for the parental units and we had a terrible storm. The dogs kept me up ALL nite bc they were scared. So, I was exhausted when I went to the gym this morning. Plus, I'm still walking crippled bc my legs are still sore - so that killed deads. I came home to take a quick power nap, only to find that the storm this morning brought a big @ss tree down on my parents garage that had caused a lot of damage. I guess I'll just have to kill back/traps next week. But, for now I'm going to go nap...
                                ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Working...
                                X