~~~Julie's 2010 CL Log!~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/1/10:

Road Cycling for 60min - again just an easy ride. Did some P90x Stretch Disc and some foam rolling...

My "intention" was to do a little spinning on my new spin bike replacement. However, FedEx was incapable of doing their job (like always)... I was just intrigued to what their BS excuse would be this time, in the past I've heard everything from the driver's mother is sick to the weather was bad - aka raining too hard. Today's excuse was "we don't know why it didn't get scanned in at the terminal and put on the delivery truck." Convo went something like this...

FEDEX: It will be rescheduled for WEDNESDAY.
    ME: Why not Sat.?
    FEDEX: We can't reschedule deliveries for a Sat. (Even though they do do home deliveries on Sat.) And of course Monday is Independence Day...
    ME: so why not Tues?
    FEDEX: Ummm... it's just coming up for Wed. Can I help you with anything else Ma'am?
    ME: Maybe helping me understand why it will take you 6 days to get the package from your terminal to my house...?

I'd ask to go pick it up myself at the terminal... but I'm banned. lol Something about me threatening a dipsh*t employee over the winter...

ANYWAYS... Happy 4th of July weekend people!
    ~Julie

Currently Taking:
    - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Comment

• XF Banana Cream Pan***** with Greek Yogurt, Strawberries, & Banana's

* I used TheSolutions Pancake recipe...

1/2c Whole Wheat Flour
      1/2c All Purpose Flour
      1tsp Baking Powder
      1 scoop XF UP2.0 Banana Cream
      3 Egg Whites
      1/2c Water
      Vanilla Honey Greek Yogurt
      Fresh Strawberries/Bananas

1/4c of Batter per pancake; makes 8 pan*****.

Nutrition Facts:
      (1 pancake)
      80 cal
      4.75g Protein
      12g Carb
      1.25g Fat

(2 pan*****)
      160 cal
      9.5g Protein
      24g Carb
      2.5g Fat
      ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Tuna Wrap

1 can of Canned Light Tuna
        1 tbsp Fat-Free Mayonnaise
        ¼ cup sliced Onions
        1 sliced Pickle
        1 whole Wheat Tortilla Wrap
        ½ cup Peppers, Lettuce, and Tomatoes, if desired
        1 Apple
        1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

Mix together the tuna with mayonnaise, onions, and the pickle. Spread over a whole wheat small tortilla wrap and then fill with the chopped vegetables of your preference (peppers, tomatoes, etc). Roll up and serve. Have an apple smeared with peanut butter afterward for something sweet and to provide some healthy fats to slow down the digestion of this meal.
        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 30min (Weight Training) + 15min (Abs)

Warm-Up: SMR & Stretch on Foam Roller

CARDIO:
          Spinning
          * Time = TBD

Supplements:
          Blue Gene: 5 caps; 45min Pre
          Green Bulge: 5 caps; 20min Pre
          White Flood: 1 scoop; 20min Pre with 18oz water
          Purple Wraath: 1 scoop with cardio; 1 scoop with weight training; Intra with 24oz water
          Golden Gains: 1.5 scoop + 1/2 scoop XF UP2.0 Cinnamon Roll; with 24oz water
          Orange Triad: 6 Tabs; 2/2/2
          OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies in 5oz pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

Notes:
          As I mentioned above, my gym is closed today... so I had to alter my workout slightly so I could do it from home (I don't have a BB here, so put 21's in place of BB Curls). Also, this is my first day back from deload and cycling off stims, BG, and GB. So, I'm aware it may not be quite the workout I'm used to. This week I want to work harder on slower negatives (and positives really) instead of jumping in weight (but next week it's game on). Negatives were closer to 5-6sec'ish. Considering all of that, I'm pretty pleased with the workout. The Bi's were really burning towards the end, they were actually finished on 21's. For some reason I got super nauseous during abs, so they were a struggle. It might be from the less than perfect diet over the holiday weekend. Probably do some spinning tonite... so will update that later.

* Oh and if you were wondering about the funky #'s for the Curl Bar... the bar itself is 11lbs and I have some 3lb plates... lol
          ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 40min

Warm-Up: 10min on Elliptical
            Cool-Down: SMR and Stretches on Foam Roller

CARDIO:
            Spinning
            * Time = TBD (tonite)

Supplements:
            Purple Wraath: 1/2 scoop with cardio; 1 scoop with weight training; Intra with 24oz water
            OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies in 5oz pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

Notes:
            I decided to go to some Single Leg workouts for Legs for a couple of reasons. I really don't want to increase the size of my legs and I thought my stabilizers could use the work (turns out that part was def. right). This was a really difficult workout. My nutrition was off a little yesterday bc of the nausea. And I haven't worked stabilizers/single leg stuff in months. When I left my legs were like jello and my ab/adductors were twitching like crazy. I have a feeling I might have mad DOMS coming. Btw, I had the workout configured a little differently, but had to work with this bc the gym was crowded and silly boys were hogging the squat rack. So, I had to do leg press first and only able to do 1 set of lunges.
            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 35min

Warm-Up: 10min on Elliptical

CARDIO:
              Road Cycling
              * Time = 45min

- 317cal (50% Fat)
              - Max HR = 159 (83%)
              - Avg HR = 139 (72%)

Supplements:
              Purple Wraath: 1/2 scoop with cardio; 1 scoop with weight training; Intra with 24oz water

Notes:
              Feeling super bummed today. Not a good workout at all. I was very disappointed to find that my shoulder is in fact still bothering me. It was really hard for me to do the right thing and back off. I went from 140 to 125 on Bench... My spotter wasn't there either, which was bad timing. So, now I'm not sure what to do with my workouts. (Advice/suggestions welcome.) I went fully psyched bc I had a super nice bike ride this a.m. and felt great. To top it off... for 3 days now I've been having major stomach issues (extreme nausea and running to the bathroom), but only when lifting. At first I thought it might be from the food over the holiday weekend. Now I'm not sure. The odd thing is, it only happens during/after lifting. (Not during cardio or throughout the day.) Any ideas??

And btw, I was right... my legs were wicked sore today. So, I guess I have that to be happy about. lol

And just some random thoughts for the day...
              1) When is it going to be Shark Week?
              2) 60 days til college football starts!
              3) Big Brother starts tomorrow...
              Last edited by JC32; 07-09-2010, 06:24 AM.
              ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• It's looking like the shoulder is going to require a longer "healing/recovery" period than I had thought. So, I guess I need to start looking closer at alternative workouts for a short period of time. I'm thinking a program with slightly higher reps/slightly lower weight might keep me from losing too much, but give the shoulder a little break. I've also considered doing a hybrid program. Keeping some things Max-OT (bi's, tri's, forearms, back, etc.) and only alter days that directly affect my shoulder. I've looked into Chub's FST-7 program, and right now that's my best guess. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

How's this look for a FST-7 Routine/Split?? (Seems kinda volume heavy to me...)

Monday - Shoulder's & Tri's
                Seated DB Press: 4 x 8-12
                DB Front Raise: 3 x 8-12
                DB Lat. Raise: 3 x 8-12
                Lateral Raise Machine: 7 x 8-12

DB Rear Laterals (Week 1) or T-Band Rear Delt Fly (Week 2): 7 x 12-15

Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 x 8-12
                Machine Dip: 3 x 8-12
                Overhead Cable Extension: 7 x 8-12

Tuesday – Legs & Calves
                Squats (Week 1) or Sumo Squats (Week 2): 4 x 8-12
                Leg Press: 3 x 8-15
                Leg Extension: 7 x 8-15

SLDL: 7 x 10-15

Seated Calf Raise: 4 x 15-20
                Leg press Calf Raises: 7 x 10-12

Wednesday – Chest & Bi’s
                Incline DB Press: 3 x 8-12
                Incline DB Flye: 3 x 8-12
                Flat BB Press: 3 x 8-12
                Pec Deck (Week 1) or Cable Crossover (Week2): 7 x 8-12

BB Bicep Curls: 3-4 x 8-12
                DB Hammer Curls: 3 x 8-12
                DB Bicep Curls: 7 x 8-12

Thursday – Back & Traps
                Neutral-Grip Chin-Ups: 3 x failure
                Lat Pulldowns: 3 x 8-12
                Barbell Row 3 x 8-12
                Hammer Strength Row: 3 x 8-12
                Machine Pullover: 7 x 8-15

DB Shrugs: 7 x 8-12

Friday – Biceps & Triceps
                Close-Grip Bench Press: 3-4 x 8-12
                Cable Pushdowns (Straight Bar): 3 x 8-12
                BB Skull Crushers: 7 x 8-12

BB Bicep Curls: 4 x 8-12
                Cable Superman’s: 3 x 8-12
                DB Bicep Curls: 7 x 8-12
                ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 45min

Warm-Up: 10min on Elliptical; SMR & Stretch on Foam Roller

Supplements:
                  Purple Wraath: 1 scoop; Intra with 24oz water

Notes:
                  Like the other workouts, I really focused hard on form and negatives (wicked slow). I was suppose to do SLDL, but my legs are still extremely sore so I switched that out with the Hammer Rows just bc I wanted to get a feel for this Machine before I start using it in FST-7 next week. Also, I did the Lying Tricep Ext.'s to CG Press first this workout, wasn't very smart. It burned the Tri's out for the other 2 exercises. lol
                  Last edited by JC32; 07-09-2010, 06:24 AM.
                  ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 35min

Warm-Up: SMR/Stretches on Foam Roller

Supplements:
                    Purple Wraath: 1 scoop; Intra with 24oz water
                    Golden Gains: 1.5 scoop + 1/2 scoop XF UP2.0 Cinnamon Roll; with 22oz water

Notes:
                    Did the best I could considering, but I'm never going to be satisfied with less than 200%. Shoulder wasn't AS bad as I thought it might be, but it was pretty sore. So, I just backed off slightly and did increased reps on a few. The worse part is my stomach is still killing me. After my first set of rear laterals, I had to go running to the bathroom. Then after the 2nd set, I had to go back to throw up. I'm getting concerned bc it was a green'ish bile looking color. I called my doc and got an appt. for Tuesday. I really don't understand how I'm only getting sick during/after workouts. I feel perfectly fine otherwise. I know I have Gastroparesis bc of my diabetes, but it's never been anything like this at all. It kinda freaks me out bc my dad has severe GI problems. He has Achalasia/Barrett's Esophagus, which led to him having an Esophagectomy (removal of his esophagus).
                    ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• FST-7 programs do have alot of volume. Not necessarily a bad thing. For strength, Id say no. For hypertrophy, go for it. Maybe try a hybrid with it? Ive tried to do things like that in the past but most of the time it didnt turn out as well as it sounded. Tweaking templates/programs is risky and tricky. Imo, I would somewhat continue what you are doing but change some of the excercises that incorporate your delts/rotator cuff alot. Swap some of the more strenous excercises with machines and cables. To me, thats about the only time machines/cables can take a priority in training. They can be great for rehab. Goodluck on whatever you do. Just dont push yourself to much on some things. Sometimes "No pain, No gain" will leave you out of the gym for a very long time or worse.
                      "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                      CFD

Comment

• * Temporarily running the FST-7 program (hopefully for 1-2 weeks only) to allow some "healing" time for the shoulder.

7/12/10:

FST-7: SHOULDERS & TRI'S

Seated DB Press
                        30's 2x12;
                        35's 2x10

DB Front Raise
                        15's 2x8;
                        12's 1x10

DB Lateral Raise
                        15's 3x8

DB Rear Laterals
                        12's 3x12

Lateral Raise Machine
                        50 1x12;
                        50 2x10;
                        45 4x10

CGBP
                        65 3x12

Overhead Cable Ext.
                        65 3x12

Machine Dips
                        110 2x12;
                        115 5x12

* Pretty sure these are ALL PR's...

Supplements:
                        White Flood: 1 scoops 20min Pre with 18oz water
                        Golden Gains: 1.5 scoop + 1/2 scoop XF UP2.0 Cinnamon Roll; with 22oz water

Notes:
                        I fully expected this workout to be a pile of suck, either by way of shoulder or stomach issues. Actually, it wasn't too bad. I did have some nausea, but not to the point where it hurt the workout. Also, the shoulder felt fine with the FST-7 routine (though volume heavy). The only problem was I felt that my diet has been off the last several days, so I was fatiguing out towards the end. I really think I might like the program (temporarily), shoulders were def. finished.
                        Last edited by JC32; 07-14-2010, 01:12 PM.
                        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Ok... so no workouts today. I just got back from the doc and she said I have Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder). So, they are sending me back to the hospital to run some tests to figure out why. She thinks it's probably gallstones, even though they didn't show up on the first ultrasound...
                          ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Spaghetti al Pomodoro e Basilico (with Chicken & Peppers)
                            * Stolen from Kurt (5six)

Recipe: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Spaghett...oro-e-Basilico (+ Chicken & Peppers)
                            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Originally posted by JC32 View Post
                              Ok... so no workouts today. I just got back from the doc and she said I have Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder). So, they are sending me back to the hospital to run some tests to figure out why. She thinks it's probably gallstones, even though they didn't show up on the first ultrasound...
                              Ah man I sorry. Nothing inflamed feels good. Although the silver lining is Cholecystitis is one of the least dangerous inflammations you can have. Im sure they will give you some anitbiotics that will cause the iflammation to degrese. Hope you feel better
                              "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
                              CFD

Comment

• Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                                Ah man I sorry. Nothing inflamed feels good. Although the silver lining is Cholecystitis is one of the least dangerous inflammations you can have. Im sure they will give you some anitbiotics that will cause the iflammation to degrese. Hope you feel better
                                Thanks. Yeah they are going on the assumption that it's a gallstone trapped in a bile duct. (Would need a contrast CT to confirm, but they don't like to contrast me unless they have to bc of it's affect on my bad kidneys lol.) Doc says odds are it will dislodge and fix itself. I actually feel fine until lifting, which they said is caused by the increase in BP/intrathecal pressure which makes it symptomatic. So, I'll just do some cardio type stuff for a few days and then try to get back in the gym.
                                ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Working...
                                X