~~~Julie's 2010 CL Log!~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JC32 View Post
    I was thinking about snowmobile or sled...

Seriously... it needs to get above 32 at some point right?? Sh*t won't melt! So it's alternating layers of ice/snow. Salt won't melt it bc it's too cold. I'm getting cabin fever!

No, make a 50, 75, and 100 pd sandbag; you can do cleans, squats, shoulder presses, lunges, a multide of core exercises etc. with them

for a real rediculous indoor training session, combine a sandbags with a TRX and a jump rope if your insane (me)

all you need is a few square feet and a moderately raised ceiling (depending on height)

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
      No, make a 50, 75, and 100 pd sandbag; you can do cleans, squats, shoulder presses, lunges, a multide of core exercises etc. with them

for a real rediculous indoor training session, combine a sandbags with a TRX and a jump rope if your insane (me)

all you need is a few square feet and a moderately raised ceiling (depending on height)
      I got you. I do have some DB's, Curl Bar, Plates, Bench, Bike. I've been going all Rocky IV, hiking in that stuff. lol It's just getting boring after weeks of this, lol. Thinking I may need to pick some additional "at home" workout equip.

What's a TRX?
      Last edited by JC32; 01-10-2010, 01:04 PM.
      ~Julie

Currently Taking:
      - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Comment

suspension trainer - http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/

I got lured in awhile back by a mailing from the NSCA and apromo on a trainer package or something...

suspension training is amazing, and can literalyl be done almost anywhere, especially if you weigh under 240lb I imagine haha... i rent a very old apt im hesitant to throw mine between a door and use it

but don't get caught into their hype/anyone else's hype. It's only a tool in a large toolbox, it isn't the gift the answer or the cure, it's just a thing to use for program variety; makes an fun and interesting deload week from traditional weight training.

I took it a local turf field and hung it from the field goal posts -- combined speed/agility drills with bodyweight resistance and tire flips.. it was heavenly

more often though I hang it from a power rack and do core exercises as finishers
        Last edited by jiritt0; 01-10-2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I got lured in awhile back by a mailing from the NSCA and apromo on a trainer package or something...

suspension training is amazing, and can literalyl be done almost anywhere, especially if you weigh under 240lb I imagine haha... i rent a very old apt im hesitant to throw mine between a door and use it

but don't get caught into their hype/anyone else's hype. It's only a tool in a large toolbox, it isn't the gift the answer or the cure, it's just a thing to use for program variety; makes an fun and interesting deload week from traditional weight training.

I took it a local turf field and hung it from the field goal posts -- combined speed/agility drills with bodyweight resistance and tire flips.. it was heavenly

more often though I hang it from a power rack and do core exercises as finishers
          I aggree, the suspension trainer is a great tool. I have incorporated into my wo's and have been able to strengthen my core and I have hit PR's in my squat and DL. It works well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod View Post
            I aggree, the suspension trainer is a great tool. I have incorporated into my wo's and have been able to strengthen my core and I have hit PR's in my squat and DL. It works well for me.
            Thanks for the info!! I'm def. looking into this for days like I've been having by not getting to the gym...
            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

1/10/09:

Blue Gene: 5 caps; 45min Pre
              Green Bulge: 5 caps; 30min Pre
              White Flood: 2 scoops; 20min Pre with 18oz water
              Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT; Intra with 24oz water
              Golden Gains: 2 scoops; Post with 26oz water
              Orange Triad: 6 Tabs; 2/2/2
              REDuction PM: 2 Tabs; 30min before Bed

Leg Extension: 75 3x12
              Abduction Machine: 80 3x15
              Adduction Machine: 115 3x20
              Leg Press/Calf Raises #1: 150 3x15

Bulgarian Split Squat - 25 3x15
              SLDL - 65 3x10
              Squats (SmithMachine): 70 3x12
              Leg Press #2: 295 1x10; 315 1x10, 350 3x10
              Leg Pres #2 Calf Raises: 350 3x25
              Sumo Press: 245 3x12
              Ham Press: 245 2x10

~First 4 exercises are basically a warmup for 5-12. There are 2 different Leg Press Machines that are at different angles.

Cardio: 30min on Elliptical (X/C Setting)

WAHOO!! FINALLY GOT TO THE GYM! There was a small small window of opportunity and I took it! I totally felt off my game, legs are usually my easier days. Feel I may have lost more strength than I anticipated. Might go to 3x/week for legs to make up...
              ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Just be glad you got to come to FL before this last week. We actually got snow flurries yesterday morning. Not exactly the beach paradise when it's 25 degrees outside ha ha. I couldn't handle all that northern snow. I'll take my 100 degree summers over that any day. Good luck with the log though.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamn View Post
                  Just be glad you got to come to FL before this last week. We actually got snow flurries yesterday morning. Not exactly the beach paradise when it's 25 degrees outside ha ha. I couldn't handle all that northern snow. I'll take my 100 degree summers over that any day. Good luck with the log though.
                  It wasn't much warmer then! It was 40, but very windy and coming off the water. We about froze to death!! I'm with ya, I'll take the heat. My friend was telling me that it was so cold in Treasure Island that the iguanas were freezing and falling out of the trees!
                  ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Originally posted by JC32 View Post
                    It wasn't much warmer then! It was 40, but very windy and coming off the water. We about froze to death!! I'm with ya, I'll take the heat. My friend was telling me that it was so cold in Treasure Island that the iguanas were freezing and falling out of the trees!
                    Yup. Most of south FL was like that.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EFUxzGqQE0
                    (don't remember how to embed them, but there's a quick news story on it). Kinda crazy, but at least by next weekend it should be 75 out and that means boat weather. Hopefully the water warms up a little too, although I'm sure it'll still be in the high 60's low 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamn View Post
                      Yup. Most of south FL was like that.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EFUxzGqQE0
                      (don't remember how to embed them, but there's a quick news story on it). Kinda crazy, but at least by next weekend it should be 75 out and that means boat weather. Hopefully the water warms up a little too, although I'm sure it'll still be in the high 60's low 70's.
                      Craziness! At least they aren't dying!
                      ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

1/11/09:

Blue Gene: 5 caps; 45min Pre *
                        Green Bulge: 5 caps; 30min Pre *
                        Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT; Intra with 24oz water *
                        Golden Gains: 1 scoop (bc ate shortly after); Post with 26oz water *
                        REDuction PM: 2 Tabs; 30min before Bed *

Bench - 95 1x12, 110 1x10, 115 3x10
                        Double Chest Press Machine - 62.5 3x15
                        Smith Machine Military Press - 90 3x12
                        Lat Pulldown - 90 3x12
                        Rows - 85 3x12
                        Superset... Supermans - 35 3x12; DB Curls - 20(ea) 3x12
                        Superset... V Bar - 90 3x12; Cable Rope Pulldown - 65 3x12
                        Super Pullover Machine - 65 3x15
                        Lateral Raise Machine - 50 3x12
                        Abs: (Oblique Crunches & SitUps on Decline Bench; Wall Returns; Throw Downs)
                        Cardio: 30min on Spin Bike

Lost my spotter after Bench, so I was a little limited in what I could and couldn't do. Still got a great workout in. Feels great to be back in the gym... now it's time to go from maintainence to build mode!
                        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

1/13/09:

Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT; Intra with 24oz water
                          Golden Gains: 1 scoop (bc ate shortly after); Post with 26oz water
                          REDuction PM: 2 Tabs; 45min before Bed

Bench - 95 1x12, 100 4x10
                          DB Chest Press - 35(ea) 3x10
                          Standing Smith Machine Military Press - 70 3x10
                          Lat Pulldown - 90 3x12
                          Rows - 85 3x12
                          Superset... Supermans - 35 3x12; EZ Curl Bar - 37.5 3x12
                          Superset... Cable Rope Stepout - 55 3x10; Cable Reverse Rope - 55 3x10
                          Pull-ups (spotted) - 2x12
                          Chin-ups (spotted) - 2x12
                          Theraband Rear Delt Flys to Neg Lateral Raise - 3x15
                          Abs: (Oblique Crunches & SitUps on Decline Bench; Knee Tucks on Swiss Ball; Butterflys)
                          Cardio: 60min on Upright Bike (30min HR Intervals; 30min Cardio)

Ok this workout was kinda weird for me. On Tues. I was having a lot of pec/trap muscle spasms for some unknown reason. Still trying to figure it out because I didn't even lift. It left me very tight/sore. It really inhibited a lot of my workout and I had to drop the weight down just to get through them. Woke up this morning... still very tight in the pecs. I've stretched and stretched and stretched... no help. It almost feels like when I used to muscle guard really bad after my shoulder surgeries. Anybody got any ideas on this one??

Oh, and I just got another tub of GM. Was considering use GM on workout days and GB on nonworkout days... other than convenience to me... any reasons why I should or shouldn't do this? Or should I just finish GB and start GM after?
                          ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

1/14/09:

Leg Extension: 75 3x12
                            Abduction Machine: 80 3x15
                            Adduction Machine: 115 3x20
                            Leg Press/Calf Raises #1: 150 3x15

Bulgarian Split Squat - 25 3x15
                            Single Leg Deadlift with BB - 45 3x12
                            Squats (SmithMachine): 70 3x10
                            Sumo Squats (Smith Machine): 60 3x10
                            Leg Press #2: 295 1x10, 375 1x10, 355 1x10, 335 1x10, 315 1x10, 295 1x10, 275 1x10, 255, 1x10, 235 1x10, 215 1x8, 195 1x8, 175 1x8, 155 1x6, 135 1x6
                            Leg Pres #2 Calf Raises: 375 3x25
                            Sumo Press: 245 3x12
                            Ham Press: 245 3x10

* First 4 exercises are basically a warmup for the workout. There are 2 different Leg Press Machines that are at different angles.

Cardio: 30min Kickboxing with the Bag
                            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

1/15/09:

Bench - 95 1x12, 100 2x10, 105 2x10
                              DB Chest Fly - 15(ea) 3x15
                              BB Military Press - 70 3x10
                              Lat Pulldown - 90 3x12
                              Rows (Narrow Grip) - 85 3x12
                              Superset... DB Bicep Curls - 20 3x10; EZ Curl Bar - 37.5 3x10
                              Superset... Decline Bench DB Skull Crushers - 15 3x15; Cable Reverse Bar - 65 3x15
                              Pull-ups (spotted) - 3x12
                              DB Flys - 5(ea) 3x12
                              Abs: (Oblique Crunches & SitUps on Decline Bench; Throwdowns; Woodchoppers)
                              Cardio: 60min on Upright Bike (30min HR Intervals; 30min Cardio)

Today felt better, but I didn't want to push the pecs/traps too much. So, I went light on certain exercises. I'm working on mixing up my workouts and introducing a few new exercises that I wasn't able to do before due to shoulder issues. After trying some of them out this week and next, I should have a good mix. I believe after next week I'm going to start breaking my workouts into 1-2 muscle groups. I'm ready...
                              ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

interesting program design -- is it similiar to how you train clients? athletes?

Comment

Working...
                                X