• Show
Clear All

• Thursday Aug 3, 2006

Workout #31

DE Bench

Exercise Training Log
    1. Warm up Bench [ 2 Sets ]
    15x45 | 135x8 | - | - | - | - |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Speed bench (w/mini bands) [ 3 Sets ]
    18x155 | 18x155 | 18x155 | - | - | - |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. JM Press (w/mini bands) [ 4 Sets ]
    8x155 | 8x185 | 8x205 | 8x205 | - | - |
    4. 2x20s [ 2 Sets ]
    20x225 | 20x225 | - | - | - | - |
    5. Standing cable flies [ 3 Sets ]
    12x30 | 12x35 | 12x40 | - | - | - |
    6. Cable Press Down drop sets [ 3 Sets ]
    30x13-7 | 40x15-7 | 40x15-7 | - | - | - |
    7. DB Front Raises [ 2 Sets ]
    10x25 | 10x30 | - | - | - | - |
    8. DB Side Laterals [ 2 Sets ]
    10x25 | 10x30 | - | - | - | - |
    Exercise Training Log (ETL System Beta) - Provided by Hybrid-X
    Sign-up for email alerts of supplement testing & contest opportunities!

Was a really good day for DE day, I had lots of energy, motivation and focus. My MMC was good and wish I did not run out of time as I wanted to do some more exercises. Something has really been bothering my stomach for the past couple of weeks and I have not as of yet figured it out. I am still examining everything I have been eating and taking with dropping things for a couple of days to see if X is it. Hopefully soon I will get it figured out.

All exercises felt really good today, very strong and lots of power. My increase in speed bench was good and is up 10 Lbs from where I left off so I was excited to see that. The JM Presses with bands was really different and not sure if I will be doing them again that way. The drop sets were killer and I dopes 2 plates each time on the cable machine.

Was a great overall workout and felt really pleased with it. I did forget I wanted to do reverse grip bench so that will have to wait till next week.
    Last edited by ddawg91; 08-05-2006, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Workout # 32

Back/BIs

Exercise Training Log
      1. Pin Pulls [ 6 Sets ]
      10x45 | 10x135 | 8x225 | 5x315 | 5x405 | 5x455 |
      2. Bench Rows [ 4 Sets ]
      8x135 | 5x185 | 5x185 | 5x225 | - | - |
      3. Hammer Rows (each side) [ 4 Sets ]
      8x135 | 5x165 | 5x185 | 5x205 | - | - |
      4. BB Shrugs [ 4 Sets ]
      10x225 | 8x365 | 5x405 | 5x455 | - | - |
      5. Alt Standing Cbl Curld [ 4 Sets ]
      10x7 | 10x8 | 10x8 | 8x9 | - | - |
      6. DB Rear Flies [ 4 Sets ]
      10x40 | 10x50 | 10x60 | 10x60 | - | - |

Today was a 5 AM workout and felt really lethargic for the first half of the workout and was really slow between sets. The energy was not there and neither was the intensity. It took half of the workout to get to be like my normal self and feeling normal.

Had good numbers and was over all pretty strong just weights were heavier than normal. It two attempts to get the 455 up on pin pulls. Everything else I did not struggle as much but still did not have the explosiveness that I usually have.

Comment

• Workout # 33

Legs

Exercise Training Log
        1. Leg Curls [ 3 Sets ]
        20x6 | 20x7 | 20x7 | - | - | - |
        2. Leg Ext [ 3 Sets ]
        25x6 | 25x7 | 25x8 | - | - | - |
        3. SLDL [ 3 Sets ]
        15x75 | 15x95 | 15x115 | - | - | - |
        4. Lunges [ 4 Sets ]
        20xB | 15xB+10 | 15xB+10 | 20xB | - | - |
        5. Single Leg Press [ 4 Sets ]
        20xSL | 20x25 | 20x25 | 20x25 | - | - |
        6. Squat [ 4 Sets ]
        20x45 | 20x55 | 20x65 | 15x65 | - | - |

Felt pretty good today, had a real good nights sleep (really hard) and was a little groggy when I woke up but was fully awake shortly after. Energy and focus were ok, still a bit of lethargy going on which I hope to clear up soon. Felt pretty good through the whole workout and did not take much rest between sets maybe around 60 seconds.

I still stuck with lighter weights but did increase them some. The knee was still burning some but not as bad and the tendon in my right foot was getting pretty sore by the end of the lunges. The sore tendon is why I skipped calves again this week, I think I will be training them on a separate day just to keep the stress on it to a minimum.

Cardio

I went to a BBQ, don’t worry the food was crappy so don’t be jealous, and my brother brought his boat out. We ended up wake surfing for a couple of hours, I was truly surprised I was able to get up with my legs being exhausted form the morning’s workout but I did pretty good and went for quite a while. This was a total blast and finished off my legs totally!

I am not looking forward to waking up in the morning!!!

Comment

• Workout # 34

ME Bench

Exercise Training Log
          1. Flat Bench [ 6 Sets ]
          20x45 | 10x135 | 5x225 | 275x1 | 315x1 | 365x1 |
          2. Flat Bench [ 2 Sets ]
          405x1 | 455x1 | - | - | - | - |
          3. Smith CG Inc [ 4 Sets ]
          5x225 | 5x275 | 5x315 | 5x365 | - | - |
          4. Bench Dips (w/drop sets) [ 4 Sets ]
          10xB | 10xB45 | 10xB90 | 10xB180 | - | - |
          5. Low Cbl Flies [ 4 Sets ]
          12x30 | 12x35 | 12x40 | 12x45 | - | - |

I felt really good all day today, had lots of energy and drive. I found out the problems with the lethargy and stomach issues now I have to figure out why it was happening. Well I decided to break away from my normal cycle and see where I was at in regards to strength.

For flat bench all the lifts felt really light and had lots of explosion and intensity with no problems handling the weight till I hit the 455. Coming down I went a little fast and had good explosion off of the bottom but then about 2-4 inches off of my chest I traveled out side of my groove and toward my head. I stuck with it and finished it off but was not pretty. I felt I could have gone up to around 475 with the way it felt. Everything else was cake and even with flat bench I took minimal rest. I normally take about 3 minutes or so between each lift and today I stuck to around 1-2. So considering that I did pretty well even though the rest between sets was not optimal. With bench dips afte I go up ot the next weigh I do 10 at each weight (removing a plate) down to just my body.

So my problem is I am not getting use to bringing down the heavier weight to my chest. I have the power to bring it up but not down and to the transfer point. I will need to find a way to do regular board presses and even incorporate some reverse band presses. I know how I am going to do it but it is just staying safe at the heavier weights.

Comment

• Originally posted by ddawg91
            [B]

For flat bench all the lifts felt really light and had lots of explosion and intensity with no problems handling the weight till I hit the 455. Coming down I went a little fast and had good explosion off of the bottom but then about 2-4 inches off of my chest I traveled out side of my groove and toward my head. I stuck with it and finished it off but was not pretty. I felt I could have gone up to around 475 with the way it felt. Everything else was cake and even with flat bench I took minimal rest.
            Good benching ddawgg!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by asianbabe
              Good benching ddawgg!!!
              thanks, atleast I knw where I am at and what I need to do. Kind of had an idea all along and today just confirmed it.

Comment

• You are a beast bro man great lifts and unbelievable bench
                MY GREEN MAG LOG
                http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
                http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

• Originally posted by cervasa1977
                  You are a beast bro man great lifts and unbelievable bench

Thanks appriciate the support! I think they will come up wiht a little tweak to the program, just hope I can go as heavy as I was.

Comment

• Workout # 35

Back/Bis

Exercise Training Log
                    1. Wide Pullups [ 4 Sets ]
                    10xB | 8xB | 8xB | 8xB | - | - |
                    2. VBar Pullups [ 4 Sets ]
                    8xB | 8xB | 8xB | 8xB | - | - |
                    3. Pull Overs [ 4 Sets ]
                    8x120 | 8x160 | 8x200 | 8x230 | - | - |
                    4. 1 Arm Cbl Prchr [ 4 Sets ]
                    8x6 | 8x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | - | - |
                    5. Rear DB Fly [ 4 Sets ]
                    10x45 | 10x55 | 10x55 | 10x60 | - | - |
                    6. Cbl VBar Curl [ 4 Sets ]
                    8x8 | 8x10 | 8x12 | 8x14 | - | - |
                    7. Rear Shrugs [ 4 Sets ]
                    10x225 | 10x275 | 10x315 | 10x315 | - | - |

Today was a 5 AM workout with only about 3 hours sleep. I have been having troubles falling asleep at night and usually end up falling a sleep around 1-1:30 in the AM. Really has been sucking but I do this once in a while and it lasts between 1-3 weeks.

The workout itself was really good and I had lots of energy, focus and intensity. Weights were a little on the light side today due to my shoulder being tweaked from heavy bench and I also think I popped a rib out near my shoulder blade. This happens once in a while when I bench heavy just need to go to the chiro and get adjusted and every thing will be back to normal. I also did Abs which I forgot to list above, I did 4 sets of 10 for decline crunches and 4 sets of kneeling cable crunches.

Comment

Workout # 34

ME Bench

Exercise Training Log
                      1. Flat Bench [ 6 Sets ]
                      2. Flat Bench [ 2 Sets ]

I felt really good all day today, had lots of energy and drive. I found out the problems with the lethargy and stomach issues now I have to figure out why it was happening. Well I decided to break away from my normal cycle and see where I was at in regards to strength.

For flat bench all the lifts felt really light and had lots of explosion and intensity with no problems handling the weight till I hit the 455. Coming down I went a little fast and had good explosion off of the bottom but then about 2-4 inches off of my chest I traveled out side of my groove and toward my head. I stuck with it and finished it off but was not pretty. I felt I could have gone up to around 475 with the way it felt. Everything else was cake and even with flat bench I took minimal rest. I normally take about 3 minutes or so between each lift and today I stuck to around 1-2. So considering that I did pretty well even though the rest between sets was not optimal. With bench dips afte I go up ot the next weigh I do 10 at each weight (removing a plate) down to just my body.

So my problem is I am not getting use to bringing down the heavier weight to my chest. I have the power to bring it up but not down and to the transfer point. I will need to find a way to do regular board presses and even incorporate some reverse band presses. I know how I am going to do it but it is just staying safe at the heavier weights.
                      You're a monster man! Those weighted bench dips are the shit man.
                      + =

Comment

Workout # 34

ME Bench

Exercise Training Log
                        1. Flat Bench [ 6 Sets ]
                        2. Flat Bench [ 2 Sets ]

Damn.. you're a machine !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Travis71902
                          You're a monster man! Those weighted bench dips are the shit man.
                          I love them, one time I went up to 5 or 6 plates and my left knee started to hyper extend in the middle of it. Got to do it with the drops sets for the burn and pump.

Comment

I love them, one time I went up to 5 or 6 plates and my left knee started to hyper extend in the middle of it. Got to do it with the drops sets for the burn and pump.

nice bench. i'd like to have the feeling where you have to look over your chest. constantly.. *COUGH*JAY CUTLER*COUGH*

Comment

• Thanks Jingzhe! That would be pretty cool!

Comment

• Workout # 36

Legs

Exercise Training Log
                                1. Leg Curls [ 3 Sets ]
                                20x6 | 20x7 | 18x8 | - | - | - |
                                2. Leg Ext [ 3 Sets ]
                                25x7 | 25x8 | 25x8 | - | - | - |
                                3. SLDL [ 3 Sets ]
                                15x95 | 15x115 | 15x135 | - | - | - |
                                4. Lunges [ 4 Sets ]
                                20exB | 20exB+5 | 20exb+5 | 20exb+5 | - | - |
                                5. 1 Leg Press [ 4 Sets ]
                                20x145 | 20x155 | 20x155 | 20x155 | - | - |
                                6. Squat [ 4 Sets ]
                                20x45 | 20x55 | 20x75 | 20x95 | - | - |

Felt pretty good all day, was pretty tired for part of the morning but felt better as the day went on. Still having trouble falling asleep at night but once I do I am out, just waiting for it to pass so I can get more sleep.

Today was my 3rd workout doing the rolling on Dubs workout and it is starting to get better. I am getting use to the higher reps as I never have rally gone above 10 reps on most exercises so it is some adjusting. I am increasing my weights slowly to find that point where I demolish my legs but still get close to the reps for the exercise. Everything felt really good today and finally found out that the sled for our leg press is 70 Lbs so I can calculate that into my weights. Leg presses and squats irritated my left knee some and the tendon underneath the knee cap really burned today but only while doing the exercise.

I really like this workout and hope it will add some mass to my legs. One thing for sure is that stacking WB and GG preworkout gives some crazy pumps with the high reps. I was quite the spectacle when walking.

Comment

Working...
                                X