* Time = 40min

Warm-Up: 10min on Elliptical

Supplements:
    Blue Gene: 5 caps; 45min Pre
    Green Bulge: 5 caps; 20min Pre
    Glycergrow: 3 scoops; 20min Pre
    Purple Wraath: 1.5 scoops; Intra with 24oz water
    Orange Triad: 6 Tabs; 2/2/2
    OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies in 5oz pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

Notes:
    Ok, after this workout and this week... I've come to the conclusion that this is the program for me. The motivation is 100% right now. Today felt amazing! I went from 125 to 135 on flat bench, from 30s to 45s on incline, and I've never even done BB decline bench before (only with DB's - 35s). Oh and I substituted Decline for Dips... can't do those, they kill my bad shoulder. I can't believe it and it's only week 1. If this is any indicator... I'm going to be thrilled. The time factor is also huge for me, this is by far my busiest time of year at work -- especially being out of town on the weekends. So, it works out perfect. My friend took a few bench pics, so I'll post those later. But for now I'm going out cycling on my new bike. Will post pics and cardio workout later!

Max-OT Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124589431
    ~Julie

Currently Taking:
    - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Comment

• 1st time Benching 135!

Ok, now I'm really off to go cycling! lol
      ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Just wanted to update my Cardio Workouts from Fri. and Sat.:

5/21/10:
        Was planning on going out cycling, but it was really raining and storming... so I opted to jump on my Spin Bike and ride a 3 lap program (with hills, jumps, etc.).

Time = 40min.

5/22/10:
        Went Road Cycling. A majority of this was a lower HR ride, typically between 120-140bpm'ish. It was more about going out and enjoying my new bike on a nice day, lol.

Time = (~) 2hr 10min
        Distance = (~) 40mi
        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 40min

Cool-Down:10min on Treadmill (5min Walking Up Hill/5min Walking Down Hill)

CARDIO: (PM)
          * 35min Spin Class

Notes:
          Ok, so I went to the gym hell-bent on having PR's at every exercise and I did it! Even though I may have only went up 5lbs in some things, everything felt more comfy and I'm getting used to the reutine. Getting it done quicker too. Oh and btw, I was able to do Standing Calf Raises on the Machine this time instead of with the BB @ the Smith Machine. And the Leg Press Calf Raises were also done on a different Leg Press (a better one). So, that accounts for the big increase in those. Now the question is, do I try to Spin tonite... lol Or let the legs rest?!?!
          ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Awesome PRs! If I was in your position, I would skip Spin. But I dont know how you feel so thats all up to you.
            "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
            CFD

Comment

• Thanks! I thought about skipping Spin, but at the last min. I couldn't resist. lol Trying to really kick up the endurance bc I will be doing a lot of cycling in FL over the summer. Hard to ride with my friends there bc they ride all year round, lol. But, I'm thinking I might think this was a mistake tomorrow or the next day. lol
              ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 40min

Supplements:
                Golden Gains: 2 scoops; Post with 26oz water
                OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies in 5oz pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

Notes:
                I was hoping to set PR's on everything again, but fell a little short. Regardless, I was very happy with the workout. What I didn't go up in reps/sets, felt slightly easier than it was last week (just not easy enough to go up, lol). Btw, last week I used DB's for the tricep extensions... but Chub informed me that Max-OT recommends BB. So, that's what I used this time. I just can't imagine what these workouts will be like when I go back on stims next week! lol I'll be hitting Spin Class tonite, and will update cardio then.

Last edited by JC32; 05-25-2010, 04:50 PM.
                ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Ok, I've been reading through the Max-OT Nutrition recommendations and I'm trying to wrap my brain around it. Some of this seems "off" from what I've been taught. I've usually stayed around 2000 cal, so 1850cal seems a little low to me. For protein, I've always used 1-1.5g/lb of body weight, so their recommendations seem high. Anyways, this is what the #'s crunch out to, I'm VERY interested in everybody's thoughts before I start following it.

Basal Metabolic Rate:
                  Based on the calculations, my daily caloric intake should be: 1,841cal. (I'm rounding to 1,850.)

Protein = 53%
                  1850 x .53 / 4 = 245g

Carb = 37%
                  1850 x .37 / 4 = 171g

Fat = 10%
                  1850 x .10 / 9 = 21g

Thoughts??
                  ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 40min

CARDIO:
                    Spin Class
                    * Time = 30min
                    283cal (45% Fat)
                    Max HR = 172 (90%)
                    Avg HR = 141 (73%)

Supplements:

Notes:
                    I was somewhat disappointed that I didn't go up in the Military, but I didn't have my workout partner/spotter... so I was not comfortable going up bc it would be iffy. I added a 3rd set of Arnold's to make up for it, lol. I would like someone to explain to me why Shrugs are getting so easy to me... it doesn't make sense to me. I even asked a friend to check my form to see if I was doing something wrong! lol Upright Rows felt killer. I probably could have gone to a 3rd set of 60, but I'm trying hard to stick to the program... I think I'm getting the timing thing down and my workouts are getting done quicker too.

* And still looking for thoughts on the Nutrition question in the post above...
                    ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• The "recommended" percentage of your protein intake based on this nutrition template is way too high to me. I weigh around 190 and I hardly stray too far over that amount. From experience and reading what other bodybuilders and powerlifters have done, I would think for your bw that that amount is way unneccessary. I would reconfigure and get more of your percentage of calories from fat. And I mean at least double honestly. The main reason is when youre in strength training, your joints and tendons will need more stability. I have even seen this in patients. Especially women. Plus, more healthy fats will improve your strength gains(and help your heart, metabolism, etc.). Now this is my point of view. You know your body better than anyone else but at the very least, lower the protein intake. It will just cause bloating and gas.

And I understand how not having someone to spot or train with you can effect your lifts. I hate when you dont have a partner!
                      CFD

Comment

• Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                        The "recommended" percentage of your protein intake based on this nutrition template is way too high to me. I weigh around 190 and I hardly stray too far over that amount. From experience and reading what other bodybuilders and powerlifters have done, I would think for your bw that that amount is way unneccessary. I would reconfigure and get more of your percentage of calories from fat. And I mean at least double honestly. The main reason is when youre in strength training, your joints and tendons will need more stability. I have even seen this in patients. Especially women. Plus, more healthy fats will improve your strength gains(and help your heart, metabolism, etc.). Now this is my point of view. You know your body better than anyone else but at the very least, lower the protein intake. It will just cause bloating and gas.

And I understand how not having someone to spot or train with you can effect your lifts. I hate when you dont have a partner!
                        Yeah, it seems everyone tends to agree with this (myself included). It all seemed off to me. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and didn't know what I was talking about, lol.

No spotter = not a great workout for me generally. I always wanna push the limit, and my confidence isn't the same when I don't have someone there on a lot of exercises... especially ones where I'm pressing 105lbs over my head! lol Chest workouts I can't do at all w/o a spotter. I tried to DB Decline Chest Press once with 35s, and when I leaned back I almost threw the DB's through the wall -- gravity gets me every time. lol So, my spotter has me lay back and hands them to me. (It's kinda embaressing to be honest, lol.)
                        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Seems like everybody I've talked to is in agreement not to go with their nutrition recommendations. (Thanks for your thoughts everybody!) Here's what I'm thinking as options...

Option #1: 45/35/20 @ 2000cal
                          Macros: 225g Protein, 175g Carb, and 44g Fat

Option #2: 45/35/20 @ 1850cal
                          Macros: 208g Protein, 161g Carb, and 41g Fat

Option #3: 40/40/20 @ 1850cal
                          Macros: 185g Protein, 185g Carb, and 41g Fat

I'm thinking #2 looks good, lol. And to update, I weighed myself this a.m. and I'm up to 115!! Yeah! That's kinda where I wanna be, but wouldn't mind a few more pounds. I just don't exactly want to "bulk"...
                          ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Option 2 looks great. Looks alot better. And yes benching is way too hard and unsafe without a spotter. Especially when you hit lower reps. I need to find me a partner. Havent had a steady one in awhile. Wow that sounds gay lol.
                            Last edited by farmerson12; 05-27-2010, 05:26 PM.
                            CFD

Comment

• Ok thanks!

Steady partner huh... hey I'm ok with it, it's 2010! lol JK!
                              ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 35min

CARDIO:
                                Spin Class
                                * Time = 30min
                                278cal (35% Fat)
                                Max HR = 170 (89%)
                                Avg HR = 141 (73%)

Nutrition:
                                Goal - For now... somewhere between 1,850cal; 45/35/20 (208g Protein, 161g Carb, and 41g Fat) and 2000cal; 45/35/20 (225g Protein, 175g Carb, 44g Fat)
                                Actual - Update in a bit...

Supplements:
                                Golden Gains: 1 scoop + 1 scoop ON Whey; Bfast with 26oz water

Notes:
                                Awesome quick workout. I woke up super tired for some reason, and since I am off stims now - I expected a so so workout. Hit a few PR's, but would have liked Mooar! I'm still trying to figure out/work on my new diet to go with the program. And my legs totally fatigued out during Spin, which never happens to me... so it's fair to assume the new leg day is doing something! lol

~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Working...
                                X