~~~Julie's 2010 CL Log!~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/29/10:

Just an update... Had a stomach flu over the weekend, ended up in the hospital for 24hrs bc diabetics have a terrible time with regulating blood sugars when you are vomiting every 15-20min. lol I lost 8.5lbs in 36hrs. The bug is gone, so I'm just trying to recover now. Hopefully back in the gym to get something done tomorrow. (This is why you try to avoid being around hospitals -- you pick nasty stuff up!)

Just an update on OxiMega... I mixed it with some ABB Diet Turbo Green Tea this afternoon and I must say it was GREAT. I used about 10oz I believe. That's the best mix I've tried thus far, but like I said before... this stuff is great on it's own.

ABB Diet Turbo Tea review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123169483
    ~Julie

Currently Taking:
    - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Comment

• Hope you're feeling better.
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
        Hope you're feeling better.
        Thank you!
        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 4/3/10:

Purple Wraath: 2 scoops PW; Intra with 24oz water
          Golden Gains: 2 scoops; Post with 26oz water
          Orange Triad: 6 Tabs; 2/2/2
          OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies in 8oz pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

YOGA
          - 60min of Bikram/Meditation Yoga in Heat

Trying to get back in the groove. Was feeling ready to workout again Friday, but went out of town for Easter (bad timing). Got up Saturday morning though and went to Yoga with my cousin in OH. It honestly felt so good, something I really needed. I've been off GM/BG since I got sick on 3/27, but will start back up on Sunday when I get home and can have a workout. I've been mixing my OxiMega Greens in my ABB Diet Turbo Green Tea, loving it! Wicked combo, sort of gives me a really fresh - get up and go type energy in the morning. I actually replaced this for coffee the last several days... which anybody that knows me I'm non-functional w/o a.m. coffee. Could this be a change for me... time will tell. Obviously, I'd be a lot better off.
          ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• glad to see you are getting back into the swing of things.

I don't always drink beer with my supplements, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
            Stay thirsty, my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bc0WjTT0Ps

Comment

• Originally posted by force View Post
              glad to see you are getting back into the swing of things.
              Thanks... I think I'm being impatient! lol

How are things with you, any word?
              ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 4/4/10:

Blue Gene: 5 caps; 45min Pre
                Green Mag: 1 scoop; 20min Pre with 20oz water
                Purple Wraath: 2 scoops PW; Intra with 24oz water
                Golden Gains: 1 scoop (ate shortly after); Post with 26oz water
                OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies in 8oz pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

CARDIO:
                - 45min on Spin Bike @ 70% HR Max

Between getting over being sick and allergies, my cardio SUCKS! Need to work on this and get it back in order! Planned on doing weight training when I got back from being out of town for Easter... but we got back waay later than I thought we would.
                ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 4/5/10:

Green Mag: 1 scoop; 20min Pre with 20oz water (mixed with WF)
                  White Flood: 2 scoops; 20min Pre with 20oz water (mixed with GM)
                  Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: 1 scoop PW with Cardio; Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT for Weight Training; Intra with 24oz water
                  Golden Gains: 1 scoop + 1 scoop Glycomaize (ate shortly after); Post with 26oz water

SHOULDERS/BI'S/TRI'S (PM)
                  1) Smith Machine Seated Military Press + DB Shoulder Press (Shoulder Superset): 95 3x10; 25 3x10
                  2) Superman's + BBC (Bi's Superset): 35(ea) 3x10; 37.5 3x10
                  3) Front Raise + Lateral Raise(Shoulder Superset): 8(ea) 3x10; 8(ea) 3x10
                  4) Alternate Incline DB Curl: 15(ea) 3x12(ea)
                  5) DB Tricep Extension + V-Bar(Tri's Superset): 35 3x10; 90 3x10
                  6) Cable Upright Rows: 55 3x10
                  7) DB Cross Body Hammer Curls + Decline Bench DB Skull Crushers(Bi's/Tri's Superset): 15(ea) 3x10(ea); 15(ea) 3x12(ea)
                  8) Cable Rope Stepout: 55 3x10

CARDIO (AM)
                  - Elliptical = 40min (X/C Setting)

First REAL workout... SUCKED. No energy, no endurance. Gotta build my strength back up. I really had to force myself to finish and take extra long breaks (longer than usual anyway). Super disappointed bc when I left for the gym I was totally psyched and felt I was ready, but 2 exercises in and I was done. At least I finished... and didn't have to back off too much in weight/reps. I'm up to about 107.5lbs, got about 4.5lbs add before I'm back to happy. Ugh...
                  ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 4/6/10:

White Flood[/color]: 2 scoops; 20min Pre with 20oz water (mixed with GM)
                    Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT; Intra with 24oz water
                    Golden Gains: 1 scoop + 1 scoop Glycomaize (ate shortly after); Post with 26oz water

KENPO (AM)
                    (Each Exercise performed on Left & Right Side)
                    - Twist & Pivot = 1x25
                    - Twist & Pivot with Hook & Uppercut = 1x25
                    - Jabs = 1x30
                    - Jab/Cross = 2x25
                    - Jab/Cross/Hook = 1x25
                    - Jab/Cross/Hook/Uppercut = 1x25
                    ---- Break (with High Knees/Jump Rump/Jumping Jacks/X-Jacks) ----
                    - Step Drag Punch High/Low = 1x30
                    - Jab/Cross Switch = 1x20
                    - Hook/Uppercut Switching = 1x20
                    - Knee Kicks = 1x25
                    - Ball Kicks = 1x30
                    - Side Kicks = 1x30
                    - Back Kicks = 1x25
                    - 3 Direction Kicks = 1x8
                    - High Sword/Low Hammer = 1x15
                    - Step Drag/Claw/Low Punch = 1x25
                    - High Blocks = 1x30
                    - Inward Blocks = 1x30
                    - Outward Blocks = 1x30
                    - Downward Blocks = 1x30
                    - Star Blocks = 1x16
                    - High Block/Low Punch = 1x25
                    - Knee/Back Kick = 1x15
                    - Back Knuckle/Ball Kick/Back Kick = 1x10
                    - Hook/Uppercut/Low Side Kick = 1x10
                    - Elbow Series = 1x30
                    - Vertical Punches = 1x100

* 58min (including warm-up & cool-down)

I used Everlast 1lb weighted gloves during the Kenpo session, they look like this:

Stretch: (PM)
                    - Included: Static, Ballistic, & Yoga Stretches from the P90x program.

* Time = 50min

I felt a little better, more endurance. Would really like to go out for a run, but allergies are a b*tch right now... especially since the trail I run thinks its awesome to let sumac grow. I'm trying to "ease" into this a bit more instead of just trying to jump back into my old schedule. So, I will spread my weight training days out a bit more. I will do a Chest/Back workout tomorrow. Working on patience...

As far as OxiMega, still totally look forward to it every morning. I discussed this with another board member at CL, and I'm fully aware that this might sound like placebo or BS... but I feel like I feel better overall after drinking my Greens. I feel like I get a "natural" energy boost, my mood seems slightly better, and I feel like it puts me in a place to go out and conquer my day. My body certainly seems to appreciate it. The digestive support is also a huge help.
                    ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 4/7/10:

Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT; Intra with 24oz water

CHEST/BACK
                      1) Flat BB Bench Press: 75 1x12; 100 1x10; 110 2x10
                      2) Lat Pulldown: 90 3x12
                      3) Standing Cable Fly: 25(ea) 3x12
                      4) SLDL: 95 3x10
                      5) Decline DB Bench Press: 35(ea) 3x10
                      6) Bent Over Row (Smith Machine): 50 3x12
                      7) Flat DB Bench Press: 35(ea) 3x15
                      8) BB Shrugs (Smith Machine): 105 3x12
                      9) BB Incline Bench Press: 75 3x10
                      10) 1-Arm DB Rows: 25 3x12(ea)

Not exactly where I want to be, but getting better and better each day. Have put a few more pounds back on. Hoping to be 100% by next week and on the move to more PR's!

Just want to ask everyone to send out a little prayer for the miners here in WV...
                      ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 4/8/10:

White Flood[/color]: 2 scoops; 20min Pre with 20oz water (mixed with GM)

LEGS
                        1) Leg Extension: 75 3x10
                        2) Hamstring Curl: 75 3x10
                        3) Abduction Machine: 75 3x15
                        4) Adduction Machine: 110 3x15
                        5) Leg Press/Calf Raises #1: 150 3x15

6) Smith Machine BB Squats: 110 3x12
                        7) Smith Machine BB Sumo Squats: 95 3x12
                        8) Leg Press: 295 1x12; 365 3x12
                        9) Calf Raises on Leg Press: 365 3x30
                        10) Walking DB Lunges: 25(ea) 3x15(ea)

* First 5 exercises are basically a warmup for the workout. There are 2 different Leg Press Machines that are at different angles.

Again feeling better. I was hoping to do some cardio too, but the legs were burned... so endurance still isn't 100%. I'm looking forward to getting back into core work as well. I saw that some people were doing the OxiMega greens closer to preworkout, so since I usually do leg workouts early in the a.m. close to when I would take my greens... I decided to give it a go. Prior to OX, my pre-leg workout would usually consist of an Oats & Whey shake and a banana (or something similar). Adding the greens to that was definitely a great bonus, a little extra something. I mixed it in my shake, which was ON's Cake Batter + Glycomaize and 8 or 10oz of water.
                        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 4/12/10:

Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: 1 scoop PW with Cardio; Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT with Weight Training; Intra with 24oz water

SHOULDERS/BI'S/TRI'S (PM)
                          1) Smith Machine Seated Military Press + DB Upright Row (Shoulders Superset): 95 3x10; 15(ea) 3x12
                          2) Front Raise + Lateral Raise(Shoulder Superset): 10(ea) 3x10; 10(ea) 3x10
                          3) Arnold DB Press: 20(ea) 3x10
                          4) Superman's + Cross Body Hammer Curls (Bi's Superset): 35(ea) 3x10; 15(ea) 3x10(ea)
                          5) Cable Rope Pulldown + Flat DB Skull Crushers(Tri's Superset): 65 3x12; 15(ea) 3x15
                          6) Preacher Curls with EZ Curl Bar: 42.5 3x12
                          7) Standing DB Tricep Ext. + 21's(Bi's/Tri's Superset): 35 3x12; 15(ea) 3x21
                          8) BB Skull Crushers to Tricep Press: 45 3x15

CARDIO (AM)
                          - Spin Class = 50min

Ok, I'm about 85% now I'd say. This is the best I've felt in weeks. Almost back to where I left off in everything and the same rest periods, so I'm satisfied. Cardio could use some work, but that could be my allergies too. I expect to be 100% for my next Shoulder/Bi/Tri workout on Thursday.
                          ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 4/13/10:

Purple Wraath: 1.5 scoops PW; Intra with 24oz water

PLYO'S
                            - Jump Squats
                            - Run-stance Squats
                            - Airborne Heisman
                            - Swing Kick
                            - Squat Reach Jump
                            - Run-stance Squat Switch Pick-up
                            - Double Airborne Heisman
                            - Circle Run
                            - Jump Knee Tucks
                            - Mary Katherine Lunges
                            - Leapfrog Squats
                            - Twist Combo
                            - Rockstar Hop
                            - Gap Jump
                            - Squat Jack
                            - Military March
                            - Run Squat 180 Jump Switch
                            - Lateral Leapfrog Squat
                            - Monster Truck Tires
                            - Hot Foot
                            - Pitch & Catch
                            - Jump Shot
                            - Football Hero

(Each exercise x2, 30sec. rest periods every 4 exercises. So you do 1-4, repeat 1-4, break, 5-8, repeat 5-8, rest, etc.)

* Time: 58min (including warm-up/cool down)

I felt good today. Planned on doing a Back/Chest workout, but work schedule has me 10x busier this time of year. Make it up tomorrow for sure. I'm excited about picking up some REDuction PM at the WheyCheap deal. I've really not been sleeping well lately and decided to get back on it and Melatonin. It did wonders for me before, so I'm confident it will be helping!

I used my OxiMega greens preworkout again in ABB's Diet Turbo Green Tea. I'm really digging this early morning combo. The best part is that I can actually do without my 24oz of coffee and this is also going to be a lot better for my body. I'm trying to greatly reduce the amount of stims I take in daily and 90mg in the Tea vs what's in 24oz of coffee should help, lol. And just a side note, now that I'm almost done with my bottle of Fish Oil... the smell of Citrus is more apparent... dunno why I'm just now noticing it. lol
                            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 4/14/10:

Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: 1 scoop PW with Cardio; Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT for Weight Training; Intra with 24oz water
                              Golden Gains: 1 scoop (ate shortly after); Post with 26oz water
                              OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies with 18oz of ABB Diet Turbo Green Tea pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

CHEST/BACK
                              1) Flat BB Bench Press: 75 1x12; 105 2x10; 110 1x10
                              2) Lat Pulldown: 95 3x10
                              3) Standing Cable Fly: 30(ea) 3x10
                              4) Pull-Ups (Spotted): 3x15
                              5) Decline DB Bench Press: 35(ea) 3x12
                              6) Bent Over Row (Smith Machine): 50 3x12
                              7) Push-Ups with Hands on Balance Board: 3x25
                              8) BB Shrugs (Smith Machine): 105 3x12
                              9) Incline Hammer Grip DB Bench Press: 20(ea) 3x12
                              10) Seated Cable Row (Narrow Grip): 85 3x12

CARDIO
                              Spin Class - 50min

Getting there... Expected more, but satisfied. Starting to feel like myself again for sure. Psyched to get hardcore and start hitting some PR's. Summer is approaching and will be spending a lot of time in FL... so I wanna be on point. lol I got my REDuction PM today, so hoping for a great nights sleep tonight.
                              ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• 4/15/10:

OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies with 18oz of ABB Diet Turbo Green Tea pre ; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner
                                REDuction PM: 2 caps; 30min prior to bed with Melatonin

LEGS
                                1) Leg Extension: 75 3x10
                                2) Hamstring Curl: 75 3x10
                                3) Abduction Machine: 75 3x15
                                4) Adduction Machine: 110 3x15
                                5) Leg Press/Calf Raises #1: 150 3x15

6) Smith Machine BB Squats: 115 3x10
                                7) Smith Machine BB Sumo Squats: 100 3x10
                                8) Leg Press: 295 1x12; 365 3x12
                                9) Calf Raises on Leg Press: 365 3x30
                                10) Single Leg Deadlift with BB: 45 3x10

* First 5 exercises are basically a warmup for the workout. There are 2 different Leg Press Machines that are at different angles.

I'm thinking about transitioning my leg workouts to be geared more towards endurance rather than strength. I will def. be throwing in more unilateral training as well. I'll be getting started back into running once the pollen count comes down and figure that would make more sense at this point. Open for input. I will note I do more distance type running on a X/C trail, typically 4.5-7.5miles on average.

Last night I started taking my REDuction PM and Melatonin, I slept very very well and it was much needed. I was very tired when I layed down though, so we'll see how it goes on a night where I'm struggling.
                                ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Working...
                                X