No announcement yet.

~~~Julie's 2010 CL Log!~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could do that on everything that doesn't involve my shoulder. I'm too afraid to put on a ton of weight for a 1RM bc I am still not sure how much weight it can hold. I feel like I'm approaching the limit bc I've been feeling some slipping in my shoulder lately... especially on Military.

Maybe on my 1 week "break" that Max-OT has, I will go in one day and try a 1RM for those listed...
    ~Julie

Currently Taking:
    - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Comment

• For CrossFit we get what they call CrossFit Total every now and then to see where we are at. It's squats, shoulder press and deadlifts. We have to do them in that order each time. But you get to see how much progress you are making.
      laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
        For CrossFit we get what they call CrossFit Total every now and then to see where we are at. It's squats, shoulder press and deadlifts. We have to do them in that order each time. But you get to see how much progress you are making.
        Do you just do a 1RM of those 3 for the CrossFit Total? Might try it out...
        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 40min

Warm-Up: 10min on Elliptical

Supplements:
          Blue Gene: 5 caps; 45min Pre
          Green Bulge: 5 caps; 20min Pre
          White Flood: 2 scoops; 20min Pre with 18oz water
          Purple Wraath: 1 scoop with cardio; 1 scoop with weight training; Intra with 24oz water
          Golden Gains: 1.5 scoop + 1 scoop XF UP2.0 Cinnamon Roll; with 26oz water
          Orange Triad: 6 Tabs; 2/2/2
          OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies in 5oz pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

Notes:
          Figures... just as soon as I bitch about Max-OT not helping with Bi's... boom! Bi's felt c-r-a-z-y today. I added a 3rd set of DB Curls and went up in BB Curl. Felt like they were gonna rip through the skin. feelsgoodman.jpg. lol Also, I wrote PR for a few of those even though they weren't what I'd call "real" PR's, but there was a rep increase... so...

Max-OT Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=124589431
          ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• Originally posted by JC32 View Post
            Do you just do a 1RM of those 3 for the CrossFit Total? Might try it out...
            Yes, you get 3 tries to reach your 1 rep max.
            Last edited by bull.dogz; 06-15-2010, 10:46 AM.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by JC32 View Post
              Ok after my 1st 4 weeks of Max-OT:

BEFORE

Body Stats:
              Height: 5'1
              Weight: 110-112lbs
              BF%: 16.2%
              Arms: 11.5"
              Forearms: 9"
              Hips: 32"
              Waist: 27"
              Thighs: 20.5"
              Calves: 12"

Lifting Stats:
              Bench: 160lbs
              Squat: 147lbs
              Deadlift: 144lbs
              BB Bicep Curl: 68lbs
              BB Rows: 79lbs
              Overhead Press: 137lbs
              * Estimated 1 Rep Max by BodySpace

AFTER

Body Stats:
              Weight: 115
              Chest: 33"
              Arms: 11.75"
              Hips: 32"
              Waist: 27.5"
              Thighs: 20.75"
              Calves: 12"
              Forearms: 9"

Lifting Stats:
              Bench: 181lb
              Squat: 214lb
              Deadlift: 187lb
              Bicep Curl: 81lb
              BB Rows: 121lb
              Overhead Press: 160lb
              * Estimated 1 Rep Max by BodySpace

** Will try to add some pics tonite too!!
              Wow big increase in squat! Way to go!
              "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
              CFD

Comment

Yes, you get 3 tries to reach your 2 rep max.
                May have to try this!

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
                Wow big increase in squat! Way to go!
                Thanks! Yeah I don't think I was ever pushing myself enough when it came to squats. This sort of forced me to!
                ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• It's supposed to say 1 rep max, must have had butterfingers last night.

Comment

It's supposed to say 1 rep max, must have had butterfingers last night.
                    It's k, I kinda figured that's what ya meant. lol
                    ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 40min

CARDIO:
                      Spin Bike
                      TBD

Supplements:
                      Purple Wraath: 1 scoop with cardio; 1 scoop with weight training; Intra with 24oz water
                      OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens): 1 scoop Veggies in 5oz pre bfast; For Fish Oil - 1 pre bfast/1pre dinner

Notes:
                      Pretty tired this a.m. so didn't expect much from the workout. But, I still got work done and knocked it out. I was excited about the 500lb Leg Press. Some dip**** HS boy was like, do you know how much that is?? (Like I just went and and threw 500lb on there w/o knowing what I was doing...) I'm going to have to start going earlier bc I can't deal with the wannabe 15yr old boys. lol
                      ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 40min

Supplements:

Notes:
                        Felt solid. On flat bench, I worked on going low and SUPER slow. It felt very comfortable/controlled, waaay more so than 2 weeks ago (when I last did it). I <3 Max-OT, lol. Good times!

~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = ~ 55-60min

Supplements:
                          Purple Wraath: 1 scoop Intra with 24oz water

Notes:
                          As I mentioned yesterday, I had to combine my day 4/day 5 workouts today for various reasons. I was really disappointed to find that my shoulder was even more sore today than yesterday. So, it might not have been the smartest thing for me to continue with the shoulder workout. I backed off in weight a little, so that I could at least do something. I'll see how it feels after a few days off. I'll be hitting hard cardio/abs tomorrow...

~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 40min

CARDIO:
                            Spinning (Interval training - Standing/Seated Climbs & Jumps)
                            * Time = 40min

- 384cal (50% Fat)
                            - Max HR = 170 (89%)
                            - Avg HR = 142 (74%)

Supplements:

Notes:
                            I felt really good today for sure. Didn't quite see all PR's, but everything felt generally great. Kyle was right, when I "corrected" my V-Bar pulldowns it got considerably harder, so about 15-20lbs came off. Bi's felt kinda crazy today, felt like they are just now starting to benefit from Max-OT. I'd like to add too, that I got off Creatine (Green Bulge) and Blue Gene last Fri. (bc I thought I'd take advantage of a week of deload), so I'm pretty thrilled that I still had PR's and a good workout!

And as a side note, it's my best friend's and puppy's B-Day today... lol

~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 40min

Cool-Down:10min on Treadmill (5min Walking Up Hill/5min Walking Down Hill)

Supplements:
                              Purple Wraath: 1 scoop; Intra with 24oz water

Notes:
                              Was very tired this morning, was up late. Felt like meh... but I wanted to get a few PR's (even if it was just an extra rep or 2) before next week's deload. I think I'm actually starting to put size on my legs (more than I'd like). So, I may go to some single leg type leg workouts for a few weeks after deload (and just continue Max-OT for everything else). My legs are already naturally strong and more muscley (is that a word?). Plus, I get a ton of strengthening from Spin climbs (I ride a ton of hill work -- heavy resistance).

And as a side note... did you know it's impossible to drink 1 gal of 2% milk in 1hr?? I learned this from watching "Effin Science" on G4. Decided to test this out (before I started betting people they couldn't do it). Had my neighbor and a few guys at the gym try it out. Turns out it's a lot of fun to try to make guys try this... lol Then they just end up yacking everywhere. muah ha ha

~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

• * Time = 35min

Warm-Up: 10min on Elliptical; Foam Roller (Chest/Shoulder SMR & Stretches)

CARDIO:
                                Road Cycling
                                * Time = 30min

- 298cal (40% Fat)
                                - Max HR = 169 (88%)
                                - Avg HR = 144 (75%)

Supplements:

Notes:
                                I made it 30min on the bike before I got rained on... lol Shoulder is still quite sore, SUPER bummed out. I played it as smart as I could and stayed with what was still somewhat challenging without pushing too much. Considering, I was happy with the workout. But, I'm looking at it like a month ago this would have been a tremendous workout and now it's not. lol If a sh*tty day is benching 135... so be it.

~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Working...
                                X