Clear All

• Mr. Aries
    replied
    yes

Leave a comment:

• LancerV
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Aries
    i like doing wide grip stiff legged deadlifts with my back tensed throughout the movement to really hit the entire back area (upper and lower)...

regular deadlifts I do for explosiveness...

I do both because i love building muscle but at the same time I want to be a all-around superior athlete.
    Kinda like snatch grip?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Aries
    replied
    Originally posted by ddawg91
    Will have to give these a try on Friday. Any special instructions for proper grip width?

not sure on proper grip width.. just wide enough so you can properly flex your back throughout the movement.. last time i did this my back slapped the shit out of me the next morning.

told me to never pull that shit on him again

Leave a comment:

• ddawg91
    replied
    i like doing wide grip stiff legged deadlifts with my back tensed throughout the movement to really hit the entire back area (upper and lower)...

I do both because i love building muscle but at the same time I want to be a all-around superior athlete.
    Will have to give these a try on Friday. Any special instructions for proper grip width?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Aries
    replied
    I do both but Mr Aries might be able to shine some different light on the subject. He definitely has the back development to prove me wrong.

Leave a comment:

• ddawg91
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
    HM . . . so do people do both or just stick to one? . . . I could benefit from all of the above
    I do both but Mr Aries might be able to shine some different light on the subject. He definitely has the back development to prove me wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Dave1
    replied
    Traditionaly SLDLs are for the hammies and lower back and DLs are more for back and over all mass.
    hmmm . . . so do people do both or just stick to one? . . . I could benefit from all of the above

Leave a comment:

• ddawg91
    replied
    Since I'm kinda new to this area maybe someone can fill me in. What's the benefit of regular dead lift vs stiff legged deads and vice a versa?
    Traditionaly SLDLs are for the hammies and lower back and DLs are more for back and over all mass.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Dave1
    replied
    Since I'm kinda new to this area maybe someone can fill me in. What's the benefit of regular dead lift vs stiff legged deads and vice a versa?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Aries
    replied
    I plan on doing some lifting vids in the coming weeks, won't be as impressive as Mr Aries, but more of instructional.

wont' be as impressive... SHUT UP!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ddawg91
    replied
    ddawg would be the guy to make this informational video... I mainly do stiff-legged deadlifts.. My technique on an actual deadlift is not very good...

I plan on doing some lifting vids in the coming weeks, won't be as impressive as Mr Aries, but more of instructional.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Aries
    replied
    Originally posted by Frank_the_Tank
    What about if John Lee made an informational deadlift video?? Who else would be interested in seeing it?

"How to Lift with John Lee:Volume 1"

Controlled Labs could sponsor it and put out a little dvd. With all of the big compound moves with step by step instructions and then Mr Aries wouldn't feel so left out/useless.

ddawg would be the guy to make this informational video... I mainly do stiff-legged deadlifts.. My technique on an actual deadlift is not very good...

Leave a comment:

• strester
    replied
    you might want to look at this guy for a visual aid to conventional deadlifts

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BDeadlift.html

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Dave1
    replied
    Originally posted by LancerV
    Thats SLDL not regular Deadlifting
    Indeed . . . my bad

Leave a comment:

• LancerV
    replied
    No scraping of shins for me today. I tried the advice mentioned above to have the bar far enough away from the body so that my shoulders were behind the bar when I started. That way you get the leverage . . . it seemed to work pretty well from my unexperienced perspective. I also checked out John Lee's video showing him deadlift http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9DGjR8h9x4 and tried to do something similar.
    I see no need to beat up my legs with the bar However, I also do not know what I'm talking about when it comes to deads so who knows . . .
    Thats SLDL not regular Deadlifting

Leave a comment:

Working...
X