X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Cold 8180
    replied
    For one I feel like I have better control over the weight and can concentrate more on having proper form.. I feel less dependency on my lower back as well, I feel that my hamstrings are doing most of the work... I personally like to start with the Hex Bar and then move over to the smith machine for more isolated dead lifts... That followed up with some leg curls and I'm toast!

Leave a comment:

• Illilian
    replied
    I don't think i've seen many people use the Hex bar for deads.

What are the benefits you see for using the hex?

Leave a comment:

• Ice Cold 8180
    replied
    It is very useful and informative!

Leave a comment:

• theramatch1
    replied
    Thnaks for this posting.

Leave a comment:

• Ice Cold 8180
    replied
    Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
    I love the hex bar. And not talking about a platonic love either. LOL!
    I have kind of a love hate relationship with the old hex bar..

Leave a comment:

• timberwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Ice Cold 8180 View Post
    Two great starting points for me when entering the wonderful world of dead lifts, were the smith machine and the hex bar. Think of these like training wheels on a bicycle. Once I got the technique down with both of those I was ready for the real thing. This helped me a ton! I actually still use both of them after I do my regular straight bar dead lifts.
    I love the hex bar. And not talking about a platonic love either. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Ice Cold 8180
    replied
    Two great starting points for me when entering the wonderful world of dead lifts, were the smith machine and the hex bar. Think of these like training wheels on a bicycle. Once I got the technique down with both of those I was ready for the real thing. This helped me a ton! I actually still use both of them after I do my regular straight bar dead lifts.

Leave a comment:

• daniel1007
    replied
    this was very helpful

Leave a comment:

• LiGymRatt
    replied
    i love deads... they are my friend... lol
    top 3 exercise, hands down.. maybe the best.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    I hit deads today trying both of your suggestions. Turned out I was a) making too wide a stance to start and b) unable to properly adjust arm distance due to a). Still not too hot with BL deads as I am onSL deads but will definately keep trying to improve it. Think I need to invest in a belt too...

Leave a comment:

• strester
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan
    I know this is an older topic, but just started addind deads to my routine. I have not problem with SL deads and really like them. Problem I run into is I feel that my knees and elbows are perhaps in a bad position with the bent leg lifts. I line up, feet about shoulder with apart and same with my hand positioning and when I go to lift, I find a) hips may be too far back and b) on the deload, I feel like my elbows and knees with interfer with each others path down. Thoughts?

if the bar you use has a grove on each side in the middle of the gnarled grippy part, then that's what I have @ my gym (standard 45lbs bar I think) ... I use an alternate grip ... right hand is palm facing in and i line up my pinky in groove .. left hand is palm facing out with index finger in the grove ... this gives enough clearance between my elbows and knees ... hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• ddawg91
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan
    I know this is an older topic, but just started addind deads to my routine. I have not problem with SL deads and really like them. Problem I run into is I feel that my knees and elbows are perhaps in a bad position with the bent leg lifts. I line up, feet about shoulder with apart and same with my hand positioning and when I go to lift, I find a) hips may be too far back and b) on the deload, I feel like my elbows and knees with interfer with each others path down. Thoughts?

I think I am understanding with what you are saying. You want your arms on the outside of your legs. So your legs are in a normal stance and your arms should be jsut to the out side of it.

Although this video is cheesy it does show some good set up towards the end. Give it a look.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/liftrite3.htm

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RenegadeRows
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nycste
    replied
    Originally posted by ddawg91
    Much better, now just getting the whole timing of the movement is next. You still lock out your legs a little too early, the bar is barely off the ground and your legs are locked.
    ok thanks.. more feedback the better.. ok so gotta work on slower leg speed or maybe more pull with back and legs together?

hum gotta watch me some more videos of other peeps

thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X