People At The Gym That We Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dee213
    i hate the people that come up to me and say... ARE YOU REALLY 18??

or the guys that just keep looking at me, making it obvious enough that they want to say something, so the minute i say anything to them they want to have a big conversation telling me they bought CEE caps, 60 caps for $35 and after being told thats a rip off they ask what they should get and never forget to ask the size of your bicep (this happened yesterday).

Also when girls just keep looking and come to do their workout right next to you. Fair enough if your boooty, but im talking school girls. They dont leave until they get a smile or spoken to.

Also dont like the skinny old guys telling me i should take all these different herbs and earth dust crap, as well as the "Abercrombie boys" staring when doing heavy leg press and then 10minutes later they are trying half the weight i've used and doing half partials if that!

I think thats enough hating right there.
    lol
    Sounds like you got some winners at your gym too!
    What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
      why all the hate? I dont' hate anyone at the gym.. I think everyone, despite habit, has a right to be where they are because nothing in the membership says you have to workout when you are at the gym.. As long as they pay, they have as much right to be inside as I do. I either workout around them, or I avoid them, but I don't hate them.. I have no feelings towards them. I worry too much about my own workout to hate on anyone else..

Most of the things being typed here suggest a superiority complex over others, as if working out hard at the gym justify looking down on others.. To be honest, not everyone can be hardcore, or wants to be.. For some, it's just a simple escape from the daily grind.

I myself might not prefer any ugly people showing up to the bar I hang out, but i certainly am not gonna throw a fit and tell them to get the fuck out just cuz they want to stand by the wall and nurse on a beer all night while they watch the pretty people dance the night away.

there's nothign wrong with people talking, or looking "abercrombie", or lifting 25lb weights while they pay attention to their hair. They are just there.. not like you have to spend the night with em.
      Good thing we have Mr. Aries to be the voice of reason. You are absolutely correct . . . I do not really HATE anyone . . . I do at times get perturbed though . . . bad me
      Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Booty
        lol
        Sounds like you got some winners at your gym too!
        Not enough booty at my gym tho.

Comment

why all the hate? I dont' hate anyone at the gym.. I think everyone, despite habit, has a right to be where they are because nothing in the membership says you have to workout when you are at the gym.. As long as they pay, they have as much right to be inside as I do. I either workout around them, or I avoid them, but I don't hate them.. I have no feelings towards them. I worry too much about my own workout to hate on anyone else..

Most of the things being typed here suggest a superiority complex over others, as if working out hard at the gym justify looking down on others.. To be honest, not everyone can be hardcore, or wants to be.. For some, it's just a simple escape from the daily grind.

I myself might not prefer any ugly people showing up to the bar I hang out, but i certainly am not gonna throw a fit and tell them to get the fuck out just cuz they want to stand by the wall and nurse on a beer all night while they watch the pretty people dance the night away.

To respond to this, what does gym mean or stand for. A place to go and workout. So your saying your fine with people coming to a gym and not working out? I'm not.
          I agree hate is a strong word, dislike is better.
          I dislike the people that come to the gym and don't use any of the equipment or are a nusaince.( by wrecking the place and leaving a mess) I dislike when I have to tell people to either use that piece of equipment or move. DO they have a right to be there yea, but why would you go there and not do anything. I don't care if they pay a membership, I do as well, and I want to be surronded by people who are going to lift and not socialize and get in my way. i have that right don't I, since I pay a membership as well.
          Then to compare a gym to a bar, umm no, Bar social gathering meet up with people chit chat, Gym, Place to workout ,to look good at the local watering hole.
          If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

there's nothign wrong with people talking, or looking "abercrombie", or lifting 25lb weights while they pay attention to their hair. They are just there.. not like you have to spend the night with em.
            Ahhh... John you are so sweet! I only said "I hate guys who gawk etc..."
            I dont think I have more of a right to be at the gym over anybody else. My thing is, you signed a contract/membership to join the gym follow the rules. Wipe your equipment, rack your weights etc.. why should I have to pick up/clean up after other people. My time is limited, I dont need to be spending it on stuff I shouldnt have to. That is all....

Last edited by Booty; 06-02-2006, 07:46 PM.
            What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

honestly, when them boys curl on my squat rack or use the bench press to do 1 plate maxes, I get a little bit annoyed.. Anyone would.. But then I remember, at one time, when I was just starting out, I was that guy! I was just as clueless, and just as weak, and back then all i wanted was to somehow fit in and feel like I at least belong with the big boys.. I don't think these people need you guys hating on them like they need to be home playing chess or ps2.. At least they are trying..

And honestly, I get a little annoyed sometimes when too many people ask me questions, or look for advice, or just to tell me I look great.. It gets old fast and sometimes, I wish I didn't have to talk about muscles or fitness all the time.. But you know what.. I think back and i remember a time when no one gave a fuck about me, when I was just in the little corner of the gym working out hard with 20lb dumbbells, wishing someone paid me a complement.. That's when I snap out of it and take a little bit of time out of my day to thank the people who appreciate the body of work I've created over the years.

I'm sorry for all the abercrombies who show up at the gym.. I'm sorry for all the school girls who like to be smiled to.. I'm sorry people stare in admiration.. But shit, come on people, at one time or another, you wished you were as big as the abercrombie boys, you wished the school girls wanted a god damn smile from you, and you wished someone looked at you in admiration...

so please, next time a freaking school girl is next to you and you think she might want a freaking smile or just a HI from you, do the damn thing and be nice.. Don't get all annoyed.. If you won't, send them my way and I'll do it right.
              www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by House72
                To respond to this, what does gym mean or stand for. A place to go and workout. So your saying your fine with people coming to a gym and not working out? I'm not.
                I agree hate is a strong word, dislike is better.
                I dislike the people that come to the gym and don't use any of the equipment or are a nusaince.( by wrecking the place and leaving a mess) I dislike when I have to tell people to either use that piece of equipment or move. DO they have a right to be there yea, but why would you go there and not do anything. I don't care if they pay a membership, I do as well, and I want to be surronded by people who are going to lift and not socialize and get in my way. i have that right don't I, since I pay a membership as well.
                Then to compare a gym to a bar, umm no, Bar social gathering meet up with people chit chat, Gym, Place to workout ,to look good at the local watering hole.

everyone has equal rights. You have yours, so you have a right to ask them to move if they are not using a particular piece of equipment. Do they refuse to move if you ask nicely? i doubt it.

A gym to you is a place to workout. Maybe not to everyone. I dont' think it's in any gym's policy that unless you workout, you can't join..

I dont' think anyone has gotten in my way when I asked them to kindly remove themselves from the piece of equipment that they are not using.
                www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Ahhh... John you are so sweet! I only said "I hate guys who gawk etc..."
                  I dont think I have more of a right to be at the gym over anybody else. My thing is, you signed a contract/membership to join the gym follow the rules. Wipe your equipment, rack your weights etc.. why should I have to pick up/clean up after other people. My time is limited, I dont need to be spending it on stuff I shouldnt have to. That is all....

i agree with that.. If they don't wife down their equipment, they are not following gym policies. No one should be spending time cleaning something someone else has used.. that is not right.
                  www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

i agree with that.. If they don't wife down their equipment, they are not following gym policies. No one should be spending time cleaning something someone else has used.. that is not right.
                    See John we really do see eye to eye!
                    What typos?

Comment

See John we really do see eye to eye!

if i knew you were gonna use something, i'd wipe it down before and after
                      www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Haha, relax aries. i do acknowledge the girlies, but when its the same ones over and over, it can get out of hand it feels like i have to impress them lol. hey, maybe im just indirectly braggin that girls like some dee, u never know Although my partner gets annoyed about it.

personally, i just wanted to jump on this thread, now Aries has made as all feel like shit

Comment

honestly, when them boys curl on my squat rack or use the bench press to do 1 plate maxes, I get a little bit annoyed.. Anyone would.. But then I remember, at one time, when I was just starting out, I was that guy! I was just as clueless, and just as weak, and back then all i wanted was to somehow fit in and feel like I at least belong with the big boys.. I don't think these people need you guys hating on them like they need to be home playing chess or ps2.. At least they are trying..

And honestly, I get a little annoyed sometimes when too many people ask me questions, or look for advice, or just to tell me I look great.. It gets old fast and sometimes, I wish I didn't have to talk about muscles or fitness all the time.. But you know what.. I think back and i remember a time when no one gave a fuck about me, when I was just in the little corner of the gym working out hard with 20lb dumbbells, wishing someone paid me a complement.. That's when I snap out of it and take a little bit of time out of my day to thank the people who appreciate the body of work I've created over the years.

I'm sorry for all the abercrombies who show up at the gym.. I'm sorry for all the school girls who like to be smiled to.. I'm sorry people stare in admiration.. But shit, come on people, at one time or another, you wished you were as big as the abercrombie boys, you wished the school girls wanted a god damn smile from you, and you wished someone looked at you in admiration...

so please, next time a freaking school girl is next to you and you think she might want a freaking smile or just a HI from you, do the damn thing and be nice.. Don't get all annoyed.. If you won't, send them my way and I'll do it right.
                          John ... you forgot the stalkers!

I'm pretty sure this was maybe a semi vent/rant for some of us. I'm not rude or mean to anyone, just stating a few things since that is what the topic is about.

If I smile at school boys/girls that might be creepy!

Just teasing, I agree!
                          What typos?

Comment

if i knew you were gonna use something, i'd wipe it down before and after
                            bahahahahahaha!!!
                            What typos?

Comment

Originally posted by dee213
                              Haha, relax aries. i do acknowledge the girlies, but when its the same ones over and over, it can get out of hand it feels like i have to impress them lol. hey, maybe im just indirectly braggin that girls like some dee, u never know Although my partner gets annoyed about it.

personally, i just wanted to jump on this thread, now Aries has made as all feel like shit
                              I dont feel like crap, I still dislike some peoples ways at the gym, Im sure they dislike mine, but thats what keeps the world going. Different opinons.

Lets get back to the dislikes in the GYM..
                              If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

sorry boys and girls, I was just pissed sitting here at the office. Two of these girls just really made me mad... I had to blow off a little steam
                                www.elitefitsystems.com

Comment

Working...
                                X