amazing deals thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by House72
    Yea, if the stuff is hot.. My alternator and battery was $750.00. If you want it done right, looking good and slammin. Its gonna cost more then 1k. Headunits run 800-900 dollars. But anyway good luck with it, let us know when you are bumping..
    What head unit runs 700-800$ unless its a DVD system. The headunit should just play the CD

Comment

For a decent a system, look to spend 4-5 K easy for a decent system..

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
        What is so funny, Its the truth..
        If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

What is so funny, Its the truth..
          Ive know people to pull a 158db with under 800$

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
            Ive know people to pull a 158db with under 800$
            Yea, what do they have? What subs, amps, Headunit, type of box.. I bet its not done professionally. I mean to hit that you have to have some power and no stock car can handle that. I mean alternator or battery, if they only have stock, I bet everytime it hits the lights blink on and off( which means shit work and not installed right).. I am not here to start a war on car stereos, Its an amazing deal thread, I think it got carried away, I apolgize.. But from my expereince and my friends, you wont get a decent system for under 4-k, I mean a system that sounds good, has good sound quality, the bass slams, when the bass slams the car doesnt rattle like its gonna fall apart, and its something you can be proud to show off, not two speakers in a box made of OSB, Yes I have seen many of boxes made out of this stuff, People should resaearch before they get involved, OSB is not for speaker boxes, either is Plywood.. So anyways, good luck with your system, If this is your first system, watch out, the Stereo Bug Bites and it bites hard and fast.. Remember protect that system, good alarm, and if it cost big money, get it insured..

Comment

Yea, what do they have? What subs, amps, Headunit, type of box.. I bet its not done professionally. I mean to hit that you have to have some power and no stock car can handle that. I mean alternator or battery, if they only have stock, I bet everytime it hits the lights blink on and off( which means shit work and not installed right).. I am not here to start a war on car stereos, Its an amazing deal thread, I think it got carried away, I apolgize.. But from my expereince and my friends, you wont get a decent system for under 4-k, I mean a system that sounds good, has good sound quality, the bass slams, when the bass slams the car doesnt rattle like its gonna fall apart, and its something you can be proud to show off, not two speakers in a box made of OSB, Yes I have seen many of boxes made out of this stuff, People should resaearch before they get involved, OSB is not for speaker boxes, either is Plywood.. So anyways, good luck with your system, If this is your first system, watch out, the Stereo Bug Bites and it bites hard and fast.. Remember protect that system, good alarm, and if it cost big money, get it insured..
              My amp/sub is going to be hooked up to to a taser type system without the rifle part so when the car is off the person gets a nice 50,000volt shock when they touch either or. Should be a nice party trick also

Comment

For a decent a system, look to spend 4-5 K easy for a decent system.

I don't think those numbers are to far off. I spent approx. 4 grand on my setup. Mind you, my goal is sound quality versus raw bass. My ears have been trained on hundred thousand dollar Genelec studio monitors, when I used to be in the recording studio. So my main focus is the way it sounds.
                Here's my setup in my 2004 Freelander. I custom built the sub enclosure, but had everything pro. installed. Here's a link with some pics:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/634575/1

Comment

looks nice sonny... ballah!
                  www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

We need a bling bling smiley

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyTheBull
                      I don't think those numbers are to far off. I spent approx. 4 grand on my setup. Mind you, my goal is sound quality versus raw bass. My ears have been trained on hundred thousand dollar Genelec studio monitors, when I used to be in the recording studio. So my main focus is the way it sounds.
                      Here's my setup in my 2004 Freelander. I custom built the sub enclosure, but had everything pro. installed. Here's a link with some pics:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/634575/1
                      Sweet set up, I also focused on mine as well, but I also had the bass there as well.. Im glad you understand where I was coming from when i said the 4-5 K range. I mean these weekend warriors IMO, need to get a clue first..

Comment

I mean these weekend warriors IMO, need to get a clue first..
                        I guess it all boils down to the definition of the phrase "decent system".... point being, I've seen budget systems outperform bling-bling time and time and time again. Budget systems aren't the ones that "rattle" it's the clueless installs that rattle.

2nd point being... I (and most people I know) will probably NEVER have the kind of extra cash to spend 4k to 5k on a system... as in... spending 4k to 5k is laughable to many people (just another perspective).

Comment

agreed... spending 4 to 5k for some music on my way to the gym and work is just ridiculous to me. That's some crazy indulgence right there. If i were playing a concert for the entire neighborhood, I can understand 4-5k, but for my own enjoyment, 1k is enough.
                          www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                            I guess it all boils down to the definition of the phrase "decent system".... point being, I've seen budget systems outperform bling-bling time and time and time again. Budget systems aren't the ones that "rattle" it's the clueless installs that rattle.

2nd point being... I (and most people I know) will probably NEVER have the kind of extra cash to spend 4k to 5k on a system... as in... spending 4k to 5k is laughable to many people (just another perspective).
                            Also you can save ALOT of money by doing it yourself, and do a better job at most of the time.

Comment

158db on 800 bucks and you've got someone who has some serious experience building enclosures. You're not going to get that on a legal competition on the industry average 800 dollars spent.

I think 1000 bucks is a good number for a decent system that is built from scratch. Head unit, 2 fill speakers 2 tweets, 2 amps and 1 sub with enclosure and x-over to include wiring fuses etc.

This wouldn't get a new alt or battery but would get a system that sounds clean and full while getting some bump too. Of course you can go to bestbuy and spend 1k and walk out with next to nothing
                              www.AnabolicInnovations.com
                              Great store, Great products and Great Service.

------------------------------

Hangin's too good for 'em! BURNIN'S too good for 'em! They should be ripped into itsy-bitsy little pieces and BURIED ALIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawkk
                                158db on 800 bucks and you've got someone who has some serious experience building enclosures. You're not going to get that on a legal competition on the industry average 800 dollars spent.

I think 1000 bucks is a good number for a decent system that is built from scratch. Head unit, 2 fill speakers 2 tweets, 2 amps and 1 sub with enclosure and x-over to include wiring fuses etc.

This wouldn't get a new alt or battery but would get a system that sounds clean and full while getting some bump too. Of course you can go to bestbuy and spend 1k and walk out with next to nothing
                                Yea the sub and AMP I am getting are the best in the price range. Still trying to pull some cheap wire

Comment

Working...
                                X