No announcement yet.

amazing deals thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pretty cool if you want to play mp3's in your car right from your USB or SD card memory stick:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/30/r...-does-digital/

It's going for $79.99 at walmart, just look for model # vrcd400sdu and it's much better compared to the best buy version. It's cheap enough that if it gets stolen, it isn't the end of the world.
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-15-2006, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
      This is pretty cool if you want to play mp3's in your car right from your USB or SD card memory stick:

It's going for $79.99 at walmart, just look for model # vrcd400sdu and it's much better compared to the best buy version. It's cheap enough that if it gets stolen, it isn't the end of the world.
      good fine.

here is another:
      Footlocker Clearance and 25% off Code, Jul 15

Footlocker has an upto 50% off clearance sale.

20% off $99 Code: LKS12996 Exp 7/29
      REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
      Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
      Purple Psyko
      Gold Feast
      Blue Gene
      Blue Growth
      REDuction AM/PM Shots
      REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
      Orange TRIad
      White Flood (5 Flavors)
      Black Hole
      Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
      Green Bulge
      White Blood 2
      Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
      Blue Up
      Blue Up (Stim-Free)
      GlycerGrow (Elements line)
      CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
      Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Pt, I like the CL banner thingy majig.

Tank, is that instore only?
        Last edited by Sethva; 07-15-2006, 07:15 PM.
        A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

I just ordered mine from walmart.com, awesome catch bro, thank you SO much.
          Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
            Pt, I like the CL banner thingy majig.

Tank, is that instore only?
            I think it is online only.
            REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
            Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
            Purple Psyko
            Gold Feast
            Blue Gene
            Blue Growth
            REDuction AM/PM Shots
            REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
            Orange TRIad
            White Flood (5 Flavors)
            Black Hole
            Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
            Green Bulge
            White Blood 2
            Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
            Blue Up
            Blue Up (Stim-Free)
            GlycerGrow (Elements line)
            CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
            Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
              Let me know if you have any questions with it. RMS isn't mind blowing so I would use it with a AMP for best results, but right now my amp is disconnected and it sounds easily as good as your sony / pioneer / etc.

It has 2 pre-amp outs and it lights up a VERY nice blue.... none of that 2-tone or multi-colored garbage. It just so happens that my cheap 1GB USB flashdrive above, totally matches the blue so that's cool (the USB blinks blue when it's hooked up). I LOVE the quick volume feature, and the remote is laid out very nice (basic and it doesn't try to be so small that the buttons are too close together).

FM reception is definately improved vs previous model (based on reviews) and (HUGE IMPROVEMENT) it DOES pick up at the track where it left off (both CD and USB) as long as you haven't ejected anything. This is a huge / key improvement over previous models that would re-scan and start from the beginning again.

This model WILL accept up to a 2GB USB flashdrive and I'm pretty sure the USB memory sticks are cheaper vs SD cards but the SDcard slot is cool too.

The only downside I've noticed so far, is that it doesn't scan from MP3 folder to MP3 folder as nicely as I would like, but it does have a "10 down" / "10 up" option (in addition to the track skip) that lets you skip 10 tracks up / down. I'm actually still working on the best folder layout on my USB....

Comment

Let me know if you have any questions with it. RMS isn't mind blowing so I would use it with a AMP for best results, but right now my amp is disconnected and it sounds easily as good as your sony / pioneer / etc.

It has 2 pre-amp outs and it lights up a VERY nice blue.... none of that 2-tone or multi-colored garbage. It just so happens that my cheap 1GB USB flashdrive above, totally matches the blue so that's cool (the USB blinks blue when it's hooked up). I LOVE the quick volume feature, and the remote is laid out very nice (basic and it doesn't try to be so small that the buttons are too close together).

FM reception is definately improved vs previous model (based on reviews) and (HUGE IMPROVEMENT) it DOES pick up at the track where it left off (both CD and USB) as long as you haven't ejected anything. This is a huge / key improvement over previous models that would re-scan and start from the beginning again.

This model WILL accept up to a 2GB USB flashdrive and I'm pretty sure the USB memory sticks are cheaper vs SD cards but the SDcard slot is cool too.

The only downside I've noticed so far, is that it doesn't scan from MP3 folder to MP3 folder as nicely as I would like, but it does have a "10 down" / "10 up" option (in addition to the track skip) that lets you skip 10 tracks up / down. I'm actually still working on the best folder layout on my USB....

I have a couple 256mb flash drives, I'll probably just use those since they will work on it. And then I have about 200 burnt CDs that I made back in my younger days, heh.

So would you suggest just putting everything in one folder then? For ease of navigating that is..

Also, would it be worth just taking to audio playground and paying them 20 bucks to mount/install it? I suck with stereos..

SCT
                Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                  I would return it if you care anything about sound quality

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                    I would return it if you care anything about sound quality
                    Wrong.. you don't even know what speakers / amps he's working with... so think again. HU is almost never the problem... not to mention that we're talking MP3's here. It's a DAMN good deal for the obvious cheap price. It BLOWS AWAY previous $200 - $300 MP3 HU's I've owned (and had stolen).... period.
                    Last edited by pu12en12g; 07-16-2006, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Wrong.. you don't even know what speakers / amps he's working with... so think again. HU is almost never the problem... not to mention that we're talking MP3's here. It's a DAMN good deal for the obvious cheap price. It BLOWS AWAY previous $200 - $300 MP3 HU's I've owned (and had stolen).... period.
                      I thought it doesnt have four rca preouts? I need 4 dammnit And one sub output

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1138086674670

Comment

I thought it doesnt have four rca preouts? I need 4 dammnit And one sub output

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1138086674670
                        It has 2 pair RCA.. I installed it so fast I forget if it has seperate mono subwoofer out

Ironically, I actually owned 2 Kenwood KDC-MP series HU's before this (among others) and this easily compares but again.. when it comes to bang for buck it blows them away... I mean we are talking about $79.99... it's insane.

SQ is fine... skipping on scratched CD's is the usual issue I run into on HU's and it hasn't been a issue.

In all fairness, Kenwood did have some of the best value MP3 HU's at the time....

Comment

Finally got it:

Press the F/PS Button twice and the display will show “FILE SCH”. Press the SEL Button to enter the root folder of the disc. Use the VOL +/- Button to choose a folder in the root folder, then press the SEL Button to confirm. The selected folder will be opened.
                          They should've called it DIR SCH or FOL SCH IMO

Comment

It has 2 pair RCA.. I installed it so fast I forget if it has seperate mono subwoofer out

Ironically, I actually owned 2 Kenwood KDC-MP series HU's before this (among others) and this easily compares but again.. when it comes to bang for buck it blows them away... I mean we are talking about $79.99... it's insane.

SQ is fine... skipping on scratched CD's is the usual issue I run into on HU's and it hasn't been a issue.

In all fairness, Kenwood did have some of the best value MP3 HU's at the time....
                            I guess I like keenwood for there mosfet amps in there radio, but since Im not even going to be using my amps in my radio it wont make any diffrence reallly

Going with
                            Four 6.5" Alpine
                            Two SPX-17MB
                            Two SPR-17LS
                            Also Two 6x9's
                            SPR-69LP

And one Type X 12" Sub

And the Amps will be Infinity Reference 5761a, and one Infinity Reference 1211a

She should rock hard

But one thing i hate about Kenwood is they write everything so damn tiny that you cant read it at night and ussually spend 5mins trying to remeber what damn button does what
                            Last edited by LancerV; 07-16-2006, 02:21 AM.

Comment

wow strong sound

Comment

I guess I like keenwood for there mosfet amps in there radio, but since Im not even going to be using my amps in my radio it wont make any diffrence reallly

Going with
                                Four 6.5" Alpine
                                Two SPX-17MB
                                Two SPR-17LS
                                Also Two 6x9's
                                SPR-69LP

And one Type X 12" Sub

And the Amps will be Infinity Reference 5761a, and one Infinity Reference 1211a

She should rock hard
                                I generally find alpine to be overpriced... but yeah you are on a totally different level. Infinity is some good stuff if you can find a deal... if you are ever on a budget (strictly from a bang-for-buck perspective) check out Phoenix Gold... even their subs.

Comment

Working...
                                X