Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**** ATTENTION: TESTERS NEEDED to log / review CONTROLLED LABS - Black HOLE ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pu12en12g
    Congrats tester #3... you're in

thanks!! im really looking forward to trying this product and keeping my first log, i promise to do my best.

Comment

Originally posted by warriors
      Pffttt...Cutting? Who needs cutting??

WSU Cougs would be a good tester IMO. He and I tested NOS Ether at the same time and he kept a good log.

Trick D would be good as well. I've never seen any of his logs(dont know if he has ever ran any) I talk to him quite a bit and he does know his stuff.
      Thanks warriors! Congrats on being Tester #1

Comment

I can run a log over at bb.com too. Thats where my others are now, ya'll seem to like that lol.

Comment

I'm going to pull my name out, I am sure it is a great supplement. Thanks for the kind words Warriors... I got a lot of things going on in my life right now and I don't think I would keep a very good log. I can't wait to try it though!
          Supplement King Representative
          www.supplementkings.com

Moderator @ ironmass.com
          Moderator @ supplementchat.com

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
            Well it's summer so I think the majority are cutting. I counted 7 or 8 the other day and I thought we got a few more after that... could be wrong

So far we have:

warriors
            brett4271
            Mos Jeff

was considering possibly buying some sesaglow to stack with the black hole while doing my log, if this would be ok with you guys -- nothings definite, but was just thinking about it, since ive only tried sesamin once, while on a cut and was really wondering what the results would be on a bulk, especially while on an appetite enhancer. would this be a ok if i decided on it or did you want it to be simply black hole?

also, not sure if you noticed one of my earlier posts, in which i explained that i will now just be using green mag as my creatine instead of finishing up my xceed and then switching to green mag -- just thought it would be easier this way, should arrive by wednesday.
            Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-10-2006, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
              we sure can
              All I can say is I am very excited to run logs on both of these products! I am planning on starting a log on bb.com when I start my Ultimate CL Lean Bulk Stack
              Genetics

Comment

Paul,

I apologize for the email earlier as i saw this thread after.

Also, I regretfully pull myself from the running(although i haven't applied officially yet) for testing this supplement for personal reasons. I appreciate the time Paul and look forward to upcoming products.

I look forward to the logs!!

Comment

Originally posted by warriors
                  Are you still looking for 10 testers Pu12? I only counted 8 ppl that posted their info. I figured this thread would be loaded with ppl wanting to try this.
                  Sadly, I don't think a lot of people visit this board. And those who do are already testing otehr products and are thus excluded. If this was on bb.com there would be tons of candidatess, not necessarily good ones but nonetheless tons of applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderlei
                    Sadly, I don't think a lot of people visit this board. And those who do are already testing otehr products and are thus excluded. If this was on bb.com there would be tons of candidatess, not necessarily good ones but nonetheless tons of applicants.
                    The problem with advertising on bb.com is that since Black Hole is only available right now at Vitamin Shoppe it'd be against their advertising policies and probably draw a lot of negative heat. Additionally, the quality of testers is far more important than the quantity of them.

SCT
                    Back to the basics!

Comment

Sex:Male

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 183lbs

Bodytype:Ectomorph 9%bf from approximated from a combo of tanita scale and skin fold calipers

Training experience:
                      Weightlifting fairly seriously for the past 10 years making typical newbie gains and mistakes. With age brought experience and wisdom and in the past 5 years I've gained 30lbs lbm while dropping 20lbs ft. Tried numerous lifting programs with varying success. Used to box at amateur level for a couple years then got introduced to bjj so main focus is on that now. So my weight lifting goals were never to be a huge bber as it would restrict agility and range of movement thus compromising athletic performance as a combat athlete. I do want a nice looking phsyique but carrying 220lbs on my frame just doesn't work for me. Training for endurance and strength is the primary focus nowadays.

The Lifting Routine
                      3 Day Split
                      Day 1 - Legs
                      Day 3 - Back / Biceps / Shoulders
                      Day 5 - Chest / Triceps / Shoulders
                      Usually lifting on Monday, Wednesday, Friday but sometimes it's Monday, Thursday, Saturday depending on various factors.

The Cardio Routine
                      3 days per week for 30mins

Tuesday or Wednesday - Low intensity cardio, usually eliipitical, depends on Monday's leg workout.
                      Friday - Always a run, sometimes on treadmill if weather doesn't permit, but that is rare.
                      Saturday - Usually I run at a modest pace for 30 mins but as of late I prefer to ride the mountain bike as it gives a better upper body workout

MMA Training

Train 3-5 days a week usually twice a day on Saturday and Sunday. Classes are a little over 1hr on weekdays and 2 hours on weekends. No set pattern on training, some days it's Muay Thai others it's bjj techniques and rolling. Weekends are usually a "mock" mma fight/sparring sessions.

Current Supplements:
                      Primaforce Substance WPI
                      Ergopharm I-Pro
                      Multivitamin (NOW ADAM, NOW EcoGreen, AST Pro 32x, etc)
                      5g Fish Oil
                      3g Vitamin C
                      1g NAC
                      500mg Grapeseed extract
                      3 caps NOxidant
                      200mg Idebenone
                      2g ALCAR
                      3g CEE
                      4g Taurine
                      5g L-Leucine
                      1g Green Tea Extract (50% EGCG)

These are the staple supps I try to run year-round. All have been used consistently for at least the past 6 months and will continue to do such. It should be noted that I have completed a megadose Cissus and Symmetry X log about a month ago so I think it's out of my system and won't affect this log.

Current Diet:

I don't precisely count macros as I just don't have the time to do such unless for a log or a cut. But current diet consists of a minimum of 300g protein, 300g carbs and 75g fat. About 150g of protein in diet comes from shakes.Diet isn't very clean as I do eat processed foods and usually a fast food per day. I do eat a lot of fruits and vegetables to compensate, I'd say about double the FDA's recommended amounts. Also helps keep you nice and regular. Likely won't be making any changes to diet but will play it by ear and see what happens. Obviously if chosen I will describe diet in more detail as it's more pertinent to products of this nature.

Current Daily water intake: Water consumption is at least 2 gallons day and this does not count juices, protein shakes, or other beverages, just straight water.

Short Term Goal: I'm a bit undecided on this so I'll let you choose if I'm selected. I have an amateur mma fight in about 3 months so I need to prepare for that. Amateur events aren't too strict on weight divisions so you can fight at any agreed upon weight. I'm planning on fighting at 160lbs, with the knowledge that you can be 5lbs or hell even 10lbs over and probably still get to fight. Also this event doesn't allow any strikes to the head of a downed opponent and no elbows at all. Also considering a kick boxing match. They say it's muay thai but they don't allow elbows at all and you can't grab behind the head(thai clinch) and knee someone in the face. So it's basically a K1 match. There's also another potential amateur mma event, so I'll be competing in one of these events, though I haven't decided which one at present. I also won't name any of these events as I want to keep a certain degree of anonymity.
                      So my short term goal will be to either lean bulk or do a trial cut with a sesamin product.I've tried to use Melting Point before to cut but it causedtoo much cramping and thus interfered with my training and cutting so I had to drop it.
                      I posted on the CL forums why Black Hole could possibly benefit a lean bulk in my particular case. It would also help with cutting as appetite is strangely reduced on a calorie restricted diet in conjunction with an intense cardio routine. So BH should help in this regard to get in the proper nutrients so I'm losing fat and not muscle.
                      So here's what my routine would be if I went with the second option of a practice cut.
                      Typically you want to start a minimum of 4 weeks out before the weigh-in date with 6 being optimal for me dpending on how much weight I need to cut. Diet needs to be clean and about 500 cals under maintenance. Do not eat after night time cardio seesion and avoid any food after 6pm. Cardio sessions should be of moderate intensity, double resting heart rate and for a duration of 20 mins but should not exceed 35 mins. Cardio should be performed first thing in the morning and last thing at night. While it is permissible to lift during this period one should reduce frequency, volume, and intensity to avoid injury.I'll continue to lift until 2 weeks before the weigh-in date. The goal is to get to 7% of your target weight by one week before weigh-ins. MMA training will goes as normal unless I feel it's necessary to back off. The primary objective is to get your bodyfat as low as you can during this time.
                      The last week is where the fun really begins. At this point you must drop all supplements, that includes, protein shakes, fat burners/thermos, stims, fish oil CEE,even your multi-vitamin. Even the simplest products can affect your water retention. I want to be around 10-12 over the target weight and at this point my focus will be on dropping water..There's several ways to accomplish this.

Fluid restriction- Your body is constantly losing water via sweating, urination and even breathing. So every second your are losing water and if you aren't replacing this fluid you are losing weight. This also takes no additional energy. I've found that I can lose 5lbs simply but not drinking for a day. But going more than a day without drinking is extermely dangerous.so you don't stop drinking until 24 hurs before the weigh-in.
                      Sweating- This is the most popular form of dropping water. The problem is that it requires activity and thus can sap already dissipating energy levels. The objective here is to sweat out water while inducing the least amount of fatigue. One can accomplish this by exercising, jumping rope, shadow boxing, or even cycling in a hot humid environment like a sauna. Wearing a plastic suit also helps increase body temp and allows you to sweat more. Plastic suits can be dangerous as you can overheat and become severely dehydrated. It's a good idea to have someone with you in the sauna in case the worst does happen and you pass out. Also it's important to limit time in the sauna to 15-30mins max.
                      Bowel cleansing/emptying- The intestines are from what I hear about 30-50 feet long. Because of this waste products take time to travel this pathway before they are eliminated. This can take a day but emptying hte bowels can result in another 5lbs of expelled waste. You can use a laxative to help this process, but this can also have negative consequences leading to further dehydration and can affect refeed.
                      So the last week out you drop all supps. No protein shakes as they are absorbed to quickly and leave you feeling hungry. The only source of protein should be chicken, since it's low in fat, lower than tuna fish. Carbs should only be enough to provide energy for cardio and shouldn't exceed 50grams. A lot of people like ot eat a Balance Bar or two a day with 2 chicken breasts. Water intake should be 1 gallon a day, until days 4 and 3, sometimes start even as early as day 5. These days you want to drink 2 gallons of water. The increased water tricks the to excrete more water than usual which will help day 2 as water intake is reduced to 1 gallon. The day before the weighin water will be completely restriced as will food to allow for bowel emptying. Cardio should be done first thing in the morning and before bed 20 min durations. Only use the sweat suit the day before and the day of weigh-ins. The day of weigh-ins do a morning session of cardio. Do nothing until 1hr before weigh-in, not that you'll want to. Do a 10 min session at this point if you are still over. Hopefully 30 mins before weigh-in you are at the target weight otherwise do another 10min cardio session. If you fail weigh-in you will usually have additional time to make weigh so more 10min cardio with 10mins rest until you make weight.
                      After you make weight you need to replenish nutrients. Electrolytes are the first thing you need to replenish so Pedialyte is a good option, as it doesn't have all the sugar Gatorade does. You want to drink several bottles and take some wheat bread with it to settle your stomach. You can add protein bars, chicken, pasta, and rice but in moderation but wait an hour. You need to continue drinking pedialyte and water trying to get 1 gallon in before the next day. The day of the fight eat some carbs in the morning, pan***** or waffles are good. Fruit throughout the rest of the day as it doesn't weigh you down. Protein shakes or bars is fine but its best to stick to chicken, but stopping eating them 3 hours before the fight.
                      I've omitted some specifics like exact amounts of nutrients and exact timing as I can't give everything away and benefit the competition. This should give you a basic idea of what's involved in the proces though. It's not uncommon for me to regain 15 lbs during this refeed.

Long Term Goal: Bigger, faster, stronger.

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs: None

Supplement history (as much detail as possible):
                      I remember trying Cybergenics line, MuscleTech acetabolan, EAS Myoplex, Androdiol, etc etc.
                      crap like boron, liver tabs, plant sterols of all types
                      Tried various creatines, micronized, malates, ethyl esters etc.
                      PH history: 1AD/4AD/MOHN, 1T/4AD, MDHT preworkout, M1T, Superdrol
                      Test boosters: Fenotest, Diesel Test, Activate, samples of PowerFULL, avena sativa bulk powder 7% avenacosides A&B
                      USPLabs Cissus RX, Symmetry X
                      Tons of anti-ox products and nootropics
                      NO products: bulk AAKG, NO-Xplode, White Blood, Omega Lightning
                      I could go on and on
                      Sesathin (used this to drop some bodyfat to improve physique. This was Avant's liquid in a bottle. Had a tendancy to leak so I didn't both taking it with me instead dosing it in the morning and at night. I know there's a question about episesamin content so I could compare the two products to see what if any differences there are.)

Can you post "before" and "after" photos (yes or no): Probably not. I tried to get photos posted for my USPLabs' log but friends were far from helpful. They took horrible pics that I jsut couldn't use. Can't take pics of myself because I lack a mirror big enough and it's hardto pose properly while also holding a camera. I could take pics of certain bodyparts like arms or abs but a complete body pic is likely no possible.

Disclaimer: I have read the terms above completely. I agree to them 100%. I do NOT have a medical condition. I do NOT feel that I MAY have a medical condition. I do not have symptoms of ANY medical condition. I will be able to start my log / review whenever necessary.

Other product reviews / logs you have done (with links):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=786607

Comment

Cybergenics, there is a name I have not heard in a while. I rember taking their weight gainer and it was like drinking chocolate browne mix it was so thick.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                          . Additionally, the quality of testers is far more important than the quantity of them.

SCT

^^^^ definately agree with this. Some people are not able to give really through logs. I prefer those over the broad... I felt good today end quote logs. Don't try to become a tester if you can't give all the information.
                          The Untergrund...from 157lb civilian to 5'10 192lbs of guerilla warfare mechanic guarding the Republic of Korea

Lead follow or get out of the way.

I FULLY ENDORSE GREEN MAGNITUDE
                          If it has liquid in it I probably slipped some Green Mag in it.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=spirit3530

Comment

Originally posted by Mos Jeff
                            was considering possibly buying some sesaglow to stack with the black hole while doing my log, if this would be ok with you guys -- nothings definite, but was just thinking about it, since ive only tried sesamin once, while on a cut and was really wondering what the results would be on a bulk, especially while on an appetite enhancer. would this be a ok if i decided on it or did you want it to be simply black hole?

also, not sure if you noticed one of my earlier posts, in which i explained that i will now just be using green mag as my creatine instead of finishing up my xceed and then switching to green mag -- just thought it would be easier this way, should arrive by wednesday.
                            That should be fine if you already have the SesaGLOW on the way.

Comment

Congrats tester #4 WSUcougs

So far we have:

warriors
                              brett4271
                              Mos Jeff
                              WSUcougs

Stay tuned.

Comment

Congrats tester #5 uncnate

So far we have:

warriors