Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crazy workout tonight.. a ton of jump rope, ab work, and typical warm up movements -- i warmed up for like 30 minutes alone, than my girlfriend showed up and i spent about another 10-15minutes warming up with her!

weights:

barbell powercleans, with full front squat into an overhead pres -- 5sets of 4 with 95/115/115/115

barbell pushups - 15
    sprinter lunges - across room
    30 second rest - 3x thro

pullups - 10 sets of 3 with bodyweight
    calf raises - 10 sets of 10 with 500pds
    no rest -- took like 30 second between the fifth set to get a drink

situps - 20
    crunches - 20
    2x thro, a min rest or so, was gased by this point

super sore from it the following morning..my shoulders/back are the very stiff
    Last edited by jiritt0; 03-26-2009, 07:23 AM.

Comment

no workout again today.. wednesday I will be back on schedule and get 2 workotus in this week (w + f)

I am still super sore today though, moving yesterday was killer! the mornign was okay, lots of heavy lifting, but everytime i went outside there was a steady misty/drizzle that was refreshing... we got packed by noon and from 1-4 was unpacking at the new mansion... thats when shit got crazy.. it turn sunny and humid out, and the shirt came off about midway through unloading... i was drenched in sweat and jogging in and out of the house cos we parked the rental truck on a steep incline in the middl eof the road which isnt a safe spot! so all the huge items we moved in under 20minutes. ..

I really want to open my own moving company post graduation. i think it woul dbe a cool gig for days off from the FT job, that gets in fun cross trainign type workouts while making $.. my old roommate from undergrad gave me the idea, would be fun to get him in on it with me!!

own and operate my own sport training facility, and on the side own and operate my own moving company... balllin'

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
        no workout again today.. wednesday I will be back on schedule and get 2 workotus in this week (w + f)

I am still super sore today though, moving yesterday was killer! the mornign was okay, lots of heavy lifting, but everytime i went outside there was a steady misty/drizzle that was refreshing... we got packed by noon and from 1-4 was unpacking at the new mansion... thats when shit got crazy.. it turn sunny and humid out, and the shirt came off about midway through unloading... i was drenched in sweat and jogging in and out of the house cos we parked the rental truck on a steep incline in the middl eof the road which isnt a safe spot! so all the huge items we moved in under 20minutes. ..

I really want to open my own moving company post graduation. i think it woul dbe a cool gig for days off from the FT job, that gets in fun cross trainign type workouts while making $.. my old roommate from undergrad gave me the idea, would be fun to get him in on it with me!!

own and operate my own sport training facility, and on the side own and operate my own moving company... balllin'
        JD glad to here the move went well and nothing was lost. A friend of mine owns his moving business and does no manual work himself. He has avg. 150K for the last 3 yrs and it is showing some improvement this year.
        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

doing the manual work is the reason I wanna start my own moving business! haha

thanks for the heads up tho, 150K sounds niceee!

I just found a job opening at WVU for a speed coach, im going to send them my resume and hit up a coach I saw recently at a clinic, see if he can try to hook it up for me...lol

Comment

doing the manual work is the reason I wanna start my own moving business! haha

thanks for the heads up tho, 150K sounds niceee!

I just found a job opening at WVU for a speed coach, im going to send them my resume and hit up a coach I saw recently at a clinic, see if he can try to hook it up for me...lol
            You can establish your business and run the business end while opening your own training facilty. See were I'm going?

Comment

oooo... gotcha!!

we'll see what happens.. I gotta get a FT job first to establish some capital/pay off student loans.. then once Im in that a little and tired of working for someone else, I'm sure my ambitions will kick in.. I’ve got tons of ideas and dreams… if I only knew what the future held for me I could pursue that right now

Comment

oooo... gotcha!!

we'll see what happens.. I gotta get a FT job first to establish some capital/pay off student loans.. then once Im in that a little and tired of working for someone else, I'm sure my ambitions will kick in.. I’ve got tons of ideas and dreams… if I only knew what the future held for me I could pursue that right now
                The future is always in motion-Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                  The future is always in motion-Yoda
                  yerp! I just get antsy thinkin of it.. and wish i could graduate right now (without doing all the BS work in my way)

Comment

tonight I realized I have more protein/amino acid powder than is rational. I've got 30lb of unopened chocolate whey alone, plus another 15 some 2lb muscle milk tubs and a handful of xtend/PW's..

it's redic, i dont even know where to put it all in the new pad =(

Comment

• got a good workout in today over lunch break

did a nice long warmup, more cardio less stretching in it..

than i blasted away some weight work

did DB jerks -- like 4 sets of 5
                      super setted with some depth jumps up and over boxes
                      and mixed in lateral movement each circuit too

did some 1 arm DB overhead lunges, pushup crawls, chin ups, and ended with 2x thro a long ab circuit with a ton of burpees (with 20pd DBs)

Comment

• todays workouts:

opver lunch i hit weights

did an intense warmup, lots of the usual stuff and i threw in some sprints while jumping rope down the hallway ! haha

weights:

DB swings with a step - 10 reps each arm with 30 pd DB - 4 sets thro

power shrugs (jump shrugs ) - 5x5 with barbell and 95/95/135/135
                        med ball chest toss - 5x5 with 6kg ball (13pd)

deadlifts - 3x8 , 185/235/235
                        pullups - 3x8

20 situps
                        lunges down room
                        15 sprint crunches each side
                        drop squats back room
                        repeat 2x thro with an extra 20 situps on end of 2nd set

glute hammies on a med ball - 3x10 each leg
                        3x10 good mornings with 135pds
                        3x6 pushup rows with 30pd DBs

drank my post shake during my last TA class, than i drove home and about 2hr 30min after that workout I ran a dozen sprints in my new lawn

first half dozen were slightly uphill
                        last half dozen were slightly downhill

the land isnt flat much, theres a small stretch that is pretty flat but its real close to a line of trees... it poured all morning so that area was soggy still (which was weird, figured trees woulda soaked it up) so i had to do the incline/decline sprints

its gonna be fun living here, as i can work on that type of deal easy... once im more settled in/closer to done with school I am going to buy a parachute and other outdoor training gear to use =)

Comment

• SUPER sore this morning

legs mainly, but my abs and shoulders are pretty stiff too

Comment

• still VERY sore =x

been drinking lots of yerba mate / green tea past 72 hours or so.. feels good.. didnt drink much that week or so while moving.
                            Last edited by jiritt0; 04-05-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                              tonight I realized I have more protein/amino acid powder than is rational. I've got 30lb of unopened chocolate whey alone, plus another 15 some 2lb muscle milk tubs and a handful of xtend/PW's..

it's redic, i dont even know where to put it all in the new pad =(

Address PM'd.

Thanks
                              A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

• haha righttt... keep your eye open for free diapers from walmart.com! haha

todays workou was good. warmup was the typical -- i did alot of hamstring stretching cos it was still very tight. when i got to the weights i avoided olympic lifts and legs for the most part, lett hem recover more. i noticed at the beginning of my weights my plantar flexors hurt everytime id step down onto my right foot, not good but i pushed through it and it feels fine now.

weights:

F squats + incline bar bench super set

3x10x145 / 3x10x185 (+ warmup and cooldown for each)

2 sets thro this
                                20 situps
                                12 DB flies with 30s
                                30 side bends each side
                                12 DB flies with 30s
                                20 situps

2 sets thro this
                                8 step ups each leg with 30 DBs in each arm
                                15 crunches
                                40 second plank
                                15 crunches
                                8 step ups each leg with 30 DBs in each arm

3 sets thro this
                                10 wheel pushups- 5 each arm
                                12 bicep curls each arm w/ 30 DBs

10 wheel ab rollouts
                                12 underhand cable curls (single arm, hitting triceps) - 25/30/30pds

Comment

Working...
                                X