No announcement yet.

Springer 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random workout today --- very sore from the week, going home tonight for a weekend conference, should be a good opportunity to recover

did deadlifts - 5 sets of 10 with 135pd -- too sore to increase weight

wide grip bench press -of 10 with 95,145, and 3 with 195, than back down to 95

underhand cable curls - 10x40,50,50,70,40
    DB overhead tricep extensions - 10x30,65,65,65,50,50

leg press - 10x210,275,310

pull ups - 10,10,10

Comment

did chest/arms yesterday -- tore it up

did 3 supersets, bench + hammer curls -- one arm DB bench + cable reverse curls -- DB flies + pushups

Comment

killed it earlier

squats -- peaked at 3x5x275

did 4 sets of lunges , 2 with a 25pd plate 2 with a 35 pd plate across the room

super setted the hip abductor with seated calfs, and the hip adductor with more seated calves (3x10 each)

supper seted leg curls with leg ext -- 3x10x130 for all of em

Comment

shoulders back today

doing a one week trial at the local LA Fitness while im in between summer sessions at school -- not a bad place,but i bet it is packed during peak hours

did alot of shoulder press super setted with some front raises

did W bar pullovers, W bar upright rows/raises, and DB side raises supersetted

and ended with DB shrugs and bent over rear delt raises

than i did like 15mins on a treadmill (1.3mile or something) and another 15 min on an elliptical waiting for my girlfriend to wrap up her cardio

Comment

Lookin good. Any ideas what might have happened to my knees. Here is what happened. After a spinning class 2 weeks ago the knees are stiff and tight. It is acting like a tendonitis but not as painfull just very irritating.
            Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

although spinning (bike riding) is low impact in terms of the stress through the leg when compared to running, it can still put alot of stress into the knee joint and leg muscles..

you could be experienceing a sore/stiff ligament, or stiff/sore muscle(s) in the leg... (when the entire leg - calf, quad, hammies- are sore i find the knee joint gets sore/stiff itself)

the movement of bike riding, especially in a spinning class where the position fluctuates (sitting, standing,e tc) plus the intensity of the ride/class can lead to injuries similiar to what would typically result from overuse in running

have you tried using any heat/compression? or RICE? (rest ice compression elevation - i think..)? Stretching the legs + low intensity "leg cardio" (walking - cycling without any inclines/resistence) would be great for ya too I imagine

A google search on the idea of knee pain from exercise provides some responses saying to use pain relievers like tylenol and what not -- but I am not big in that kind of thing.. I would prefer to reduce the pain naturally or learn to overcome it rather than mask it with psychoactive drugs!

Comment

It is slowly going away but I am just irritated from all the recent set backs. I am still able to do my cardio and it does loosen up after a couple of minutes walking. No ice or compression but plenty of rest and elevation. My orthopod has me on Mobic as needed and it is helping. So, just like the shoulder impingment and tennis elbows this to shall pass. Thanks
                Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

keep on keepin on

did legs today with my girlfriend..didnt really wanna do anything but she wanted me to go to LA Fitness with my trail while i can so she can learn more to do on her own once i go back to lifting at school

did front squats, calf raises, leg curls + extensions, and hip abudctor+adductor

was fun

yesterday i was out swimming in a pond, playing basketball, and throwing baseball/running around at a family reunion -- got some good mini workouts in spread throughout the day.. felt good and was fun =)

back to mon-thurs starting tomorrow -- second summer session for my TA

Comment

chest and arms today -- more focus on arms (will focus chest more on thurs i think)

super setted wide grip flaty bench with DB inclines

super setted cable underhand curls (reversed) with DB curls and a drop set of DB curls (15 pd lighter)

super setted wrist curls (both ways) with one arm str bar curls

Comment

good shoulder/back workout today -- i fo und about a dozen scoops of waxy maize im gonna use the next few workouts to empty the tub out.

been using green mag sample packets the past few days too -- got 3 or 4 left. than i dont know why creatine ill be using

Comment

no lift today, but I did place an order. =)
                        going to a phillies game tonight with my old undergrad roommate/buddy from HS. gotta put in work on my thesis this morning, teach this afternoon, rush home to grill out some burgers with his girl and him, than off to the game !

got this from bb.com (love the free samples they allow)

CLABS046 Controlled Labs REDuction, Free Sample! $0.00 1 $0.00
                        CLABS029 Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude, Free Sample! $0.00 1 $0.00
                        CLABS045 Controlled Labs Golden Finish, Free Sample! , Tropical Island Smoothie $0.00 1 $0.00
                        CLABS032 Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, Free Sample! $0.00 1 $0.00
                        AMS010 Advanced Muscle Science Hyper Pump, Free Sample!, Lemon Lime $0.00 1 $0.00
                        CMI015 CMI NO3 Overload Mix, Free Sample! $0.00 1 $0.00
                        SYN081 Syntrax Fyre, Free Sample! $0.00 1 $0.00
                        AXIS019 Axis Labs Hemodraulix, Free Sample!, 1 Serving $0.00 1 $0.00
                        USP001 USPlabs cAMPHIBOLIC - Special Price!, 130 Capsules $19.99 1 $19.99
                        SV056 SciVation Whey, 10 Lbs., Chocolate $64.99 1 $64.99
                        SV018 SciVation Xtend, 90 Servings, Refreshing Lemonade (1016g) $49.99 1 $49.99
                        SV045 SciVation Xtend, 90 Servings, Refreshing Orange (1260g) $49.99 1 $49.99

I was going to use 50$ store credit i have, but than figured I would use the 10% off and just get a large order (wanted to try the 2 flavors of xtend -- got another bottle of Camphibolic at its clerance price just so i could get a free gym bag)

Comment

o man, feeling good right now

did leg press super set with DB decline bench -- leg presses were all sets of 250, did different reps and sometimes i did concentrated/static holds on them. for the bench I generally did 60pders -- i think iw as doing a set of 12 and than i did a set of 10 with the DBs touching one another, kind of a closegrip DB decline

than i did a big set of assisted pullups (wide grips), bodyweight dips, and calf raise farmer walks w/45 DBs in each hand and walking around the gym twice each set --- did 4 cycles of that

than i ended with 3x10 chin ups, and tricep pushddowns on the high cable with a straight bar

Comment

i've gotta update and give a shout out to the egg whites international egg whites -- stuff is great. I got 2 gallon tubs, wanted to make sure they were safe/good to use -- down to about 1/4 left of the first one and im loving em!

I add aprox. 10 a day into omelletes + protein shake(s) -- usually split always first thing in the AM and prebed shake, maybe another 1 during the day

gonna get 4 more tubs soooon =) we dont buy much frozen food -- mainly beef/chicken/fish/turkey etc. in there, tons of space for 4 gallons of eff whites !

Comment

went for a nice run/jog/walk/hill climb this morning

drank a protein shake with 3 yellow neuphorias for breakfresast -- drinking a yogurt, strawberry bannana smoothie now and making an omellete in a little bit

did 4miles on the local tow path -- bout 50% of it split up into jogs, and climbed up the monster hill in our area on tghe way home at the end.

Comment

just did the cardio thing again.

very hot out, loved the sun. soaked up some rays and hoping to get tannn.

Comment

Working...
                                X