Clear All

• Workout # 54

Hell Week
    Day 15

Chest/ABs

Exercise Training Log
    1. Warm up Inc Bench [ 4 Sets ]
    10x45 | 10x135 | 6x185 | 6x225 | - | - |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Inc Bench [ 6 Sets ]
    6x265 | 6x265 | 6x265 | 6x265 | 6x265 | 6x265 |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. Flat DB Press [ 6 Sets ]
    6x120 | 6x120 | 6x120 | 6x120 | 5x120 | 5x120 |
    4. Seated Flies [ 6 Sets ]
    6x80 | 6x80 | 6x80 | 6x80 | 6x80 | 6x80 |
    5. Inc Hammer Press [ 6 Sets ]
    6x105 | 6x105 | 6x105 | 6x105 | 6x105 | 6x105 |
    6. Ab Machine [ 6 Sets ]
    6x40 | 6x40 | 6x40 | 6x40 | 6x40 | 6x40 |
    Exercise Training Log (ETL System Beta) - Provided by Hybrid-X
    Sign-up for email alerts of supplement testing & contest opportunities!

Was totally pumped for finals being over and getting back in the gym, will prioritize my time better so that I do not miss any days next time. Left shoulder, elbow, and back are still aching as I have not got into the chiropractor. I need to save some dough up so that I can get a few visits in to get it fixed.

Felt pretty good for the most part today, still felt a little under the weather today and was tired for most of the day. However I did perk up once I got up to the gym. Workout went pretty good today, had some increases and the pumps today were insane. My over all water intake was down today so I need to work on getting that back up, was down to ~1.5 gallons instead of my normal 2. DB presses were a little too heavy but after 100 our DBs go up by 10 and the 110s really suck. But over all was really pleased.

Cardio

Did 15 minutes of interval training on the elliptical, each interval was 2 minutes long. So I would do 2 min of med pace and then 2 min if almost sprinting, had me dripping in sweat.

Comment

• Workout # 55

Hell Week
      Day 16

Back

Exercise Training Log
      1. Pullups [ 6 Sets ]
      6xB | 6xB | 6xB | 6xB | 6xB | 6xB |
      2. Yates Rows Warmup [ 2 Sets ]
      10x135 | 8x225 | - | - | - | - |
      3. Yates Rows [ 6 Sets ]
      6x295 | 6x295 | 6x295 | 6x295 | 6x295 | 6x295 |
      4. Pull Downs [ 6 Sets ]
      6x17 | 6x17 | 6x17 | 6x17 | 6x17 | 6x17 |
      5. Rev Grip Pull Overs [ 6 Sets ]
      6x240 | 6x240 | 6x240 | 6x240 | 6x240 | 6x240 |
      6. Seated Rows [ 6 Sets ]
      6x19 | 6x19 | 6x19 | 6x19 | 6x19 | 6x19 |
      7. Rack Pulls [ 6 Sets ]
      6x365 | 6x365 | 6x365 | 6x365 | 6x365 | 6x365 |

Left shoulder, elbow, and back are still aching as I have not got into the chiropractor. Definitely feeling tired most of the day and real moody, the only thing I can attribute it to is the ZMA as it is the only thing that has changed in the past few days. So I will not take it for the next couple of days and see if that changes things.

Workout was awesome today although I did not have the energy I had in the past. I changed up from regular deads to rack pulls to focus more on back development and to not over train legs as I do cardio after and legs the next day. The 365 was actually pretty easy and will be going up next week.

Comment

• Man now that is one killer back workout
        MY GREEN MAG LOG
        http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
        http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

• I am really liking the routine and I end with enough time to get in my cardio afterwards.

Comment

• Workout # 56

Hell Week
            Day 17

Shoulders/ ABs

Exercise Training Log
            1. Standing Mil Press Warmup [ 3 Sets ]
            10x45 | 8x95 | 6x135 | - | - | - |
            2. Standing Mil Press [ 6 Sets ]
            6x155 | 6x155 | 6x155 | 6x155 | 6x155 | 6x155 |
            3. DB Side Laterals [ 6 Sets ]
            6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 |
            4. DB Front Raise [ 6 Sets ]
            6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 | 6x30 |
            5. DB Rear Flies [ 6 Sets ]
            6x45 | 6x45 | 6x45 | 6x45 | 6x45 | 6x45 |
            6. DB Shrugs [ 6 Sets ]
            6x130 | 6x130 | 6x130 | 6x130 | 6x130 | 6x130 |
            7. Ab Machine [ 6 Sets ]

Felt pretty good most of the day, way better since I stopped taking the ZMA at night. I did eat some crap food and that did have an effect on me, plus just did not feel like eating my normal food.

Workout felt really good felt stronger and a little more endurance than last time. O dropped down on db shrugs as the 150s were a little too heavy right now and will work back up to them.

Cardio

Did 20 minutes of interval training on the elliptical again, tried it once on the treadmill and that was ok but I had to manually increase the speed. Hopefully tomorrow will be decent enough to do some sprinting.
            Last edited by ddawg91; 09-25-2006, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Workout # 57

Hell Week
              Day 18 (9-23-06)

Arms/Abs

Exercise Training Log
              1. Warmup BB Curls [ 3 Sets ]
              10x45 | 10x75 | 6x95 | - | - | - |
              2. BB Curls [ 6 Sets ]
              6x115 | 6x115 | 6x115 | 6x115 | 6x115 | 6x115 |
              3. Cable Press Downs [ 6 Sets ]
              6x200 | 6x200 | 6x200 | 6x200 | 6x200 | 6x200 |
              4. Cbl Preacher [ 6 Sets ]
              6x10 | 6x10 | 6x10 | 6x10 | 6x10 | 6x10 |
              5. BB Floor Press [ 6 Sets ]
              6x225 | 6x225 | 6x225 | 6x225 | 6x225 | 6x225 |
              6. Inc Hammer Curls [ 6 Sets ]
              6x45 | 6x45 | 6x45 | 6x45 | 6x45 | 6x45 |
              7. Dips [ 5 Sets ]
              5xb+70 | 6xb+70 | 6xb+70 | 6xb+70 | 6xb+70 | 6xb+70 |
              8. Leg Raises [ 6 Sets ]
              6xb | 6xb | 6xb | 6xb | 6xb | 6xb |

Was a weird day, did not eat as I should have and felt out of it all day. Wished I would have taken a nap and rested instead of worked out but since I was a few workouts behind I went in anyways.

Started with the standard Olympic bar for bb curls but my wrist started to hurt for some strange reason so I switched to EZ curl bar instead and finished the exercise. The rest of the workout was good but the rib being out in my back was causing pain down my arm and across my trap so some exercises were harder than normal.

Cardio

Tried sprints today instead of elliptical, did 8x50m in intervals. Sprints were at maybe 75-80% max as I am testing out my foot and running in my lifting shoes for arch support. Needles to day I will go back to my running shoes for sprints.
              Last edited by ddawg91; 09-25-2006, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• Cardio

Was suppose to do legs today but went for a hike in the AM up a mountain. Had my 2 year old son in a pack with water and other goods totaling around 45-50 Lbs on my back and hiked up hill for about 3-4 miles. Lets just say I did not need to work out my legs after that! Will post pictures later.

Comment

• Workout # 58

Hell Week
                  Day 19

Chest/ABs

Exercise Training Log
                  1. Warm up Inc Bench [ 4 Sets ]
                  10x45 | 10x135 | 6x185 | 6x225 | - | - |
                  2. Inc Bench [ 6 Sets ]
                  6x265 | 6x265 | 6x265 | 6x265 | 6x265 | 6x265 |
                  3. Flat DB Press [ 6 Sets ]
                  6x100 | 6x100 | 6x100 | 6x100 | 6x100 | 6x100 |
                  4. Seated Flies [ 6 Sets ]
                  6x80 | 6x80 | 6x80 | 6x80 | 6x80 | 6x80 |
                  5. Inc Hammer Press [ 6 Sets ]
                  6x110 | 6x110 | 6x110 | 6x110 | 6x110 | 6x110 |
                  6. Ab Machine [ 6 Sets ]

Was totally pumped for today's workout. Left shoulder, elbow, and back are still aching as I have not got into the chiropractor. I need to save some dough up so that I can get a few visits in to get it fixed.

Felt pretty good for the all day. My over all water intake was down today so I need to work on getting that back up, was down to ~1.5 gallons instead of my normal 2. Stuck with the 100s for db press as the 120s are a little too heavy and again the 110s suck.

Cardio

Did 15 minutes of interval training on the elliptical, each interval was 2 minutes long. So I would do 2 min of med pace and then 2 min if almost sprinting, had me dripping in sweat.

Comment

• Hell Week
                    Day 20

Back/Calves

Exercise Training Log
                    1. Pullups [ 6 Sets ]
                    6xB | 6xB | 6xB | 6xB | 6xB | 6xB |
                    2. Yates Rows Warmup [ 3 Sets ]
                    10x45 | 10x135 | 8x225 | - | - | - |
                    3. Yates Rows [ 6 Sets ]
                    6x295 | 6x295 | 6x295 | 6x295 | 6x295 | 6x295 |
                    4. Pull Downs [ 6 Sets ]
                    6x17 | 6x17 | 6x17 | 6x17 | 6x17 | 6x17 |
                    5. BB Pullovers [ 6 Sets ]
                    6x125 | 6x125 | 6x125 | 6x125 | 6x125 | 6x125 |
                    6. Hammer Seated Row [ 6 Sets ]
                    6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 | 6x90 |
                    7. Rack Pulls [ 6 Sets ]
                    6x385 | 6x385 | 6x385 | 6x385 | 6x385 | 6x385 |
                    8. Seated Calves [ 6 Sets ]
                    6x125 | 6x125 | 6x125 | 6x125 | 6x125 | 6x125 |

A little late posting this one but here it is.

Had a terrible night sleep was up at least 9 times and some of them were 15 minutes apart. Felt pretty good most of the day even though I did not get good rest. Ate spaghetti for lunch so I was a little bloated when it came time for my workout, which is always uncomfortable doing deads and rows. I was still suffering form cheating this weekend and eating 2 regular doughnuts.

The workout itself was pretty good and had good strength, tried to keep everything at the same weights as previous weeks getting ready for my new log. I did make changes in changing form machine pullovers to BB pullovers. I must say that it was harder doing them with a BB but also seemed to work a little better, the machine itself always seemed to not fit me as well and never got much unless I did reverse grip. I also changed form machine seated rows to Hammer Seated Rows as we got a new machine and (can’t wait for Aries to read this) am actually a little to short to do it properly, I always bottom out and cannot get a full stretch on the lats. The rack pulls were a little tough as again I was a little bloated and was not on top of my game but I still got every rep and set.

Cardio

Skipped cardio because I was going to do sprints but got home and had to go run around.

Comment

• Originally posted by ddawg91
                      Was totally pumped for today's workout. Left shoulder, elbow, and back are still aching as I have not got into the chiropractor. I need to save some dough up so that I can get a few visits in to get it fixed.
                      No insurance ?

Comment

• Dawg is amazes how dedicated you are to your training, especially with a 2 year old and a busy life, impresses me every time I read your log.

Keep up the good work!
                        A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pu12en12g
                          No insurance ?
                          We do but here is the break down:

1200 spending account
                          2400 out of pocket
                          80/20
                          full coverage

I'm still in the out of pocket stage!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sethva
                            Dawg is amazes how dedicated you are to your training, especially with a 2 year old and a busy life, impresses me every time I read your log.

Keep up the good work!
                            Thanks, I have given up a lot of hobbies and what not but never lifting! That is one thing that is sacred in my life, well besides family and church, but you know what I mean. Lifting is more than a hobby or somethign I do, it is who i am and is a major part of my life, something that a lot of the family, friends, etc have a hard time understanding.

Comment

• Totally agree, I have also given up mutliple hobbies, etc..etc..

I may be turning to you in the future for advice on how to handle family and lifting, hope you wont mind the questions
                              A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sethva
                                Totally agree, I have also given up mutliple hobbies, etc..etc..

I may be turning to you in the future for advice on how to handle family and lifting, hope you wont mind the questions
                                Don't mind at all, let em rip!

Comment

Working...
                                X