X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 June

Diet: CHEAT DAY
    Meal 1: Protein Shake and banana
    Meal 2: 2 slices turkey, collard greens, yams, stuffing w/gravy, white choc macadamia nut cookie
    Meal 3: PreWO Shake
    Meal 4: Post WO Shake w/1 pack oats
    Meal 5: Philly Cheese steak, potato wedges, 3 mozzarella sticks, pralines and cream ice cream, diet coke
    Meal 6: Casein bedtime shake

Lift:
    ATG Squat - 315x1x4, 295x2x4
    Leg Sled - 500x2x6
    Deadlift - 315x1x6, 315x1x5

Dumbell Standing Calf Raise - 100'sx2x8
    Hammer Seated Bent Knee Calf Raise - 150x2x8

Comments: Shitty lift today. I started having a little bit of lower back pain last night and into today so I had to drop weight on every lift. The pain comes and goes every so often and the doc's tell me it's associated w/my Crohn's disease. It's bone pain, not muscular pain, so I just try to keep working out through it, unless it is too severe, then I can barely walk. It's not too bad right now though. Tomorrow will be an off day and then back to it on Tuesday with Chest. Switched the schedule around because my partner has duty tomorrow and he didn't want to miss a workout.

Comment

27 - 29 June Update

It's been a few days since last post because our internet connection went down over here in Iraq due to all the flooding on the east coast. We are now back up for the time being so I wanted to catch up on the log.

27 June
      Lift: Chest and Forearms
      Incline Bench - 245x1x6, 255x2x5
      Flat Bench - 275x2x5; 285x1x4
      Decline Bench - 265x1x5, 275x1x5

Bench Wrist Curls - 85x2x10
      Dumbell Wrist Curls - 40'sx2x10

Comments:
      Negative - My back is really freaking killing me. I went to the Dr this morning and they seem to think it's a pinched Psyiatic nerve. Anyhow, it hurts to walk, especially when I put pressure on my right leg. I've been limping around like an idiot all day. The Dr. gave me Flexeril to take at night and Tramadol along with Extra Strength Tylenol to take during the day.

Positive - Despite the back pain MY CHEST DAY WAS UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!!! I went up on all lifts and felt great before, during and after the workout. This was really one of the best lifts I've had in a long time. I've started megadosing PowerFULL and Cissus and also started taking Xtend Postworkout so that may have contributed somewhat. Hopefully this continues.

28 June
      Lift: Back and Abs
      Barbell Row - 185x2x6
      Close Grip Pulldown - 117x2x6 *Not sure what the number respresents. It's not lbs or kgs...anyhow, it's the next to the last plate on the stack.
      Weighted Pullup - BW+25x2x5
      Cable Row - 97x2x6

Cable Crunch - 140x3x15

Comments:
      Negative - My back is still hurting bad. I haven't taken any of the meds yet because I'm unsure how they interact with the Supplement schedule. I'll definitely take the Flexeril tonight to see if it helps at all. I could have gone heavier in the Barbell Rows and Cable Rows, but I couldn't put much pressure on my right leg, so that was hurting progress a little bit.

Positive - Felt great in the gym again, with exception to the back pain. I definitely will be able to increase weight once the pain goes away. Hopefully by next week. My Symmetry X came in today, so I started taking that as well. I've also switched over from Now Adam to Animal Pak because I'm out of Adam.

29 June
      Lift: Shoulders and Traps
      Dumbell Shoulder Press - 85'sx3x6
      Behind the Neck Seated Shoulder Press - 185x2x5
      Dumbell Side Raise - 35'sx2x6
      Standing Cable Rear Delt - 40x1x6, 42.5x1x5

Barbell Shrug - 315x2x8
      Upright Row - 135x1x8, 155x1x7

Comments:
      Negative - Well, I took the Flexeril last night and have to say my back felt much better this morning. I still have pain but I'm now able to walk without limping which is a big plus because now everyone won't look at me like I'm crippled when I walk around. Today during the Shoulder work, my shoulder and elbow joints were a little sore and kept popping, especially during overhead presses. I think this may be from the volleyball game a few days ago, because they've been popping a little ever since despite the Cissus.

Positive - Another good workout. I may have been able to go up on the dumbell presses to 90's but didn't want to push it too much since the joints where popping so much. I finally remembered my straps so i was able to increase the Shrug weight. My Traps are nice and sore as I'm sitting here writing this.

Comment

30 June

Lift: Bi's and Tri's
        Barbell Curl - 115x1x6, 125x2x4
        Close Grip Chins - 1xfailure
        Hammer Curl - 50'sx2x6
        Incline Curl - 45'sx2x6

Dumbell Skull Crusher - 50'sx2x6
        Rope Push Down - 180x2x6
        Dumbell Overhead Extension - 110x2x6

Comments:
        Negative - I'm still in a lot of pain from my back. Hasn't been affecting upper body lifts, but it will likely prevent me from lifting legs next workout if it doesn't start feeling better. This back problem is really putting me in a bad mood. Especially because I have to walk (limp) almost 3 miles a day.

Postive - I can feel myself getting stronger and seeing the weights increase every week is a big plus. Things will be much better once the back feels better.

Comment

4 July

Diet:
          Meal 1: Protein Shake and 1 pack oats
          Meal 2: 2 slices turkey breast, collard greens, yams, cornbread stuffing
          Meal 3: tuna w/salsa
          Meal 4: PreWO Shake
          Meal 5: PostWO Shake
          Meal 6: 2 slices rib eye (fat not eaten), broccoli, pinto beans
          Meal 7: Casein bedtime shake

Lift:
          Chest and Forearms
          Incline Bench - 255x3x5
          Flat Bench - 275x3x4; 285x1x4
          Decline Bench - 245x1x6, 275x1x4

Bench Wrist Curls - 85x2x10
          Dumbell Wrist Curls - 40'sx2x10

Comments:
          Negative - Back is still hurting bad in my lower right hip area. I had to skip leg day yesterday and haven't been able to do cardio for a week because of it. Today I felt like I had something pinched between my shoulder blades right around my spine too. It definitely caused me to lower some of my lifts. I could have went higher if it wasn't for the pain. I'm gonna have to go back to the doc if it doesn't get better soon. I am having trouble walking back and forth to work.

Positive - Finally got three sets on the incline at 255. That's about the only thing positive that came out of today's workout. I really felt like shit b/c of my back.

Comment

5 July

Diet:
            Meal 1: 6 hard boiled egg whites, 2 yolks
            Meal 2: Protein Shake
            Meal 3: chicken breast, mixed vegetables
            Meal 4: PreWO Shake
            Meal 5: PostWO Shake
            Meal 6: Turkey and swiss on wheat bread, 1/2 serving stir fried chicken and veggies

Lift:Back and Abs
            Barbell Row - 185x2x6
            Close Grip Pulldown - 117x1x6 127x1x4 *Not sure what the number respresents. It's not lbs or kgs...anyhoo, the last set was the entire stack and it felt damn heavy.
            Weighted Pullup - BW+25x2x6
            Cable Row - 107x2x5

Comments:
            Negative - Back pain has subsided for the most part;however, i think i messed up the tendons that connect to my hip from the front. They have been hurting today and I can barely walk right after I stand up. I'm pretty sure it's because I've been walking so jacked up for the last week b/c of the back pain that I probably did something to them. The sharp pinching pain between my shoulder blades was gone this morning when I woke up also. Hoping to be able to start cardio in another day or so. I haven't been eating as much as I should be lately because it's sooo freaking hot here and by the time I get to the dining facility I'm so sweaty and my hip/back is usually hurting that I lose my appetite and have to forcefeed myself. The selection/quality of food has been very poor lately too.

Positive - Workout was good today. Increased weight in a few places this workout. I think I'm sort of at a stalemate right now in the recomp because of the back right now. I'm down to about 217 but suspect I'll be shedding a few more lbs as soon as I can do cardio again. All in all, I'm satisfied. I'll be posting measurements and progress pics soon enough.

Comment

y dont you add White Blood?

Comment

meh, i tried two bottles of white blood a while back and tried some other NO products. I think NO is over-rated for the most part and doesn't do much except for a "pump" which just makes it harder to lift and move around temporarily. I'm debating taking White Blood at night though to see if I respond any better. I'm currently taking 56 pills a day right now and fill like a druggie so I'm waiting until I get off some stuff to decide.

Comment

6-7 July

6 July
                  Dumbell Shoulder Press - 85'sx1x6, 90'sx2x5
                  Behind the Neck Seated Shoulder Press - 185x1x6, 195x1x4
                  Dumbell Side Raise - 35'sx2x6
                  Standing Cable Rear Delt - 45x2x5

Barbell Shrug - 315x2x8
                  Upright Row - 155x2x7

Comments:
                  Negative - Back and hip felt better today, but still a little pain. Other than that it was a great day.

Positive - Great lift day today. Went up in both presses and rear delt. Dumbell Side Raises are tough to increase 5lbs in because I keep my arms straight out the whole time.

7 July
                  Lift: Bi's and Tri's
                  Barbell Curl - 125x1x6, 135x1x4, 125x1x5
                  Hammer Curl - 55'sx1x4, 50'sx1x5
                  Incline Curl - 40'sx2x6

Dumbell Skull Crusher - 55'sx2x6
                  Rope Push Down - 180x2x6
                  Dumbell Overhead Extension - 110x2x6

Comments:
                  Negatives - burnt myself out too early on bi's by jumping up to 135. The rest of the lifts suffered because of it.

Positives - pain in back and hip is almost completely gone. Had a good workout today and plan to do some cardio tonight after work. It was great to be able to walk around w/o a limp. This instantly put me in a better mood!

Comment

Progress Update (Measurements and Pictures)

Ok, so here's the latest info. I took some pictures over the last few days and measurements this morning. I definitely plan on shaving my body hair... I can't stand it!!! I apologize in advance for the underwear shot!

Initial Measurements:
                    Waist - 37
                    Neck - 17.5
                    Right Bicep flexed - 17
                    Forearm - 13
                    Right Quad - 25

Current Measurements:
                    Waist - 35.75 (-1.25)
                    Neck - 17.25 (-.25)
                    Right Bicep Flexed - 17.75 (+.75)
                    Forearm - 13.25 (+.25)
                    Right Quad - 24 (-1)
                    Right Calve - 16
                    Attached Files

Comment

10 July

Diet:
                      Meal 1: Protein Shake
                      Meal 2: veal, spaghetti w/meat sauce, peas
                      Meal 4: PostWO Shake
                      Meal 5: Turkey and swiss on wheat bread, 1/2 serving stir fried chicken and veggies
                      Meal 6: Casein bedtime shake

Lift: Back and Forearms
                      Pullups - BW x 50
                      T-Bar Rows - 170x2x6
                      Reverse Grip Pulldowns - 53x1x5, 58x1x4 *weird weights again, the last set was one plate from the bottom
                      Dumbell Rows - 100x1x6, 110x1x6
                      Lowerback Extensions - 100x2x6

Behind the back barbell wrist curls - 75x2x8
                      Dumbell wrist curls - 40x2x8

Comments:
                      Negative - Little bit of shoulder pain today, but nothing too bad. My lower back and hip is feeling much better. Today during the pullups, after the second set, my bi's got really tight and pumped. The pump made it very hard to finish the pullups.

Positive - Today was the first day in the new rotation for this four weeks. It was a good workout overall, except for the pullups because of the pump. Took measurements and posted them this morning along with progress pics. Glad to see the waist down over one inch. Hope to keep the party going.

Comment

11 July

Diet:
                        Meal 1: 6 hard boiled egg whites, 3 yolks, protein shake
                        Meal 2: shrimp and veggie stir fry, 2 slices turkey breast
                        Meal 4: PostWO Shake
                        Meal 5: shrimp and veggie stir fry, pasta w/tomato sauce
                        Meal 6: Protein Shake

Seated Barbell Shoulder Press (in front of neck) - 185x1x6, 195x2x5
                        Dumbell Front Raise - 40x1x6
                        Cable Side Raise - 40x2x5
                        Dumbell Rear Delt Raise - 30x2x6
                        Barbell Shrug - 315x3x10
                        Hanging Straight Leg Raises - 3x10

Cardio: Softball game (exhibition)

Comments:
                        Negative - Back was sore from yesterday's workout! That could be a good thing too though

Postive - Great workout today! Felt good the whole time.

Comment

12-13 July

12 July

Lift: Legs
                          Squat - 225x4x6
                          Leg Extension - 140x2x6 *Had to sub these for lunges b/c my lower back isn't ready for the lunges yet
                          SLDL on platform - 275x2x6
                          45 degree calf raise - 400x2x8
                          Seated Calf raise - 180x2x8

Comments:
                          Negative - It was nice to be able to do legs again after a week off, but I had to hold back a lot b/c my back isn't ready to go quite yet. Tried to do lunges, but there was no way I was going to be able to get through a set of those.

Positive
                          - Able to work legs again!

13 July

Lift: Chest and Abs
                          Flat Bench - 295x2x5, 295x1x4
                          Incline Dumbell Bench - 100'sx2x6
                          Weighted Dips - 75x2x6
                          Pec Dec - 165x1x6, 180x1x5

Decline Weighted Crunch - 45x2x15
                          Weighted Side Bend - 45x2x15

Comments:
                          Negative - Legs are sooooooore from yesterday. That's what happens when you take a week off of legs i guess.

Positive - Absolutely great workout today. I felt like I could just keep going and had to force myself to stop after adding the pec dec to the workout. It was also the heaviest weight I've ever used on the dec before by far and I've never done dips w/that much weight before.

Comment

14 July

Lift: Bi & Tri
                            EZ Bar Curls - 115x2x6, 125x1x4
                            Dumbell Curls - 50x2x5
                            Preacher Hammer Curls - 40x2x5

EZ Bar SkullCrusher - 125x2x6, 135x1x6 *Need more weight next week, felt too light
                            Dumbell overhead Extension - 110x1x6, 120x1x6 *Need to go higher on this too, still felt too light.
                            Rope Pushdowns - 180x2x6

Cardio: 1 hr softball

Comments:
                            Negative - My appetite has been out of control today! It's seriously been almost killing me not to start eating junk

Positive - Feeling good today! Everything on tri's seemed light and I will have to increase lbs next week. I expected to go down in weight there, since yesterday was chest day. Very happy with the results though.

Comment

Solid updates !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X