Clear All

13 June

Diet:
    Meal 1: Protein Shake
    Meal 2: 2 slices roast turkey breast, pasta w/tomato sauce, black eyed peas
    Meal 3: 3 slices roast turkey breast
    Meal 4: PreWO shake
    Meal 5: PostWO Shake w/1 pack oats and banana
    Meal 6: Chicken and veggie stir fry w/hot garlic sauce, chicken and rice soup
    Meal 7: 1 serving almonds
    Meal 8: Muscle Milk Bedtime Shake
    Calories: 2150 Protein/Carbs/Fat grams 242/143/65

Lift:
    ATG Squat - 315x1x5, 315x2x4
    Leg Sled - 600x3x5
    Deadlift - 315x1x6, 335x1x5

Dumbell Standing Calf Raise - 125'sx2x8
    Hammer Seated Bent Knee Calf Raise - 180x2x8

Comments: I felt great in the gym today. I love the way a hard leg day taxes the body -- light headedness, the dizziness, feeling like I want to puke... makes me feel like I'm really challenging myself. I'm really liking the Max OT workout so far. Tomorrow is Back and Trap Day. I've taken it easy on the cardio the last couple of days but will start back up tomorrow also. I'm debating whether I should start taking Xtend in conjunction w/the PW or just wait til the PW runs out to compare the two!

Comment

14 June

Diet:
      Meal 1: Salmon, baked potato, 2 servings asparagus
      Meal 2: PreWO Shake with 1 pack oats
      Meal 3: PostWO Shake with banana
      Meal 4: Large salad with 1.5 chicken breasts and crab meat and oil and vinegar dressing, curried vegetables
      Meal 5: MuscleMilk Prebed shake

Lift:Back, Traps and Abs
      Barbell Row - 185x2x5
      Close Grip Pulldown - 97x1x6, 117x1x6 *this was on the resistance machine? not really sure what the weights indicate. It's not lbs or kgs though.
      Weighted Pullup - BW+20x1x5, BW+20x1x4
      Cable Row - 97x2x5

Barbell Shrug - 275x3x6 *My grip was giving out on these. I'll definitely use straps next week

Lying weighted leg raise - 10x3x15
      Cable Crunch - 130x2x15

Comments: I was off work today, so I actually slept about three hours longer than normal. That's why my meal intake is lower than usual. It will be back on track today though. I planned on some cardio last night, but we actually had a meeting with the commander that lasted about three hours and I just wanted to go to bed after. I was in a pretty bad mood during the workout today, but still had a good session otherwise.

Comment

Nice workouts !! I hear ya on the straps for shrugs.. good deal IMO. I like to train grip seperately.

Comment

15 June

Diet:
          Meal 2: Chicken and veggie stir fry w/Hot garlic sauce, 3 slices ham, fat not eaten
          Meal 3: Tuna w/Salsa and jalepenos
          Meal 4: PreWO Shake
          Meal 5: PostWO Shake w/2 packs oats
          Meal 6: 3 slices roast beef, raw carrots and broccoli, chicken cordon bleu
          Meal 7: Muscle Milk Pre bed shake

Lift: Shoulders and Tri's
          Dumbell Seated Should Press - 80'sx1x6, 85'sx2x5
          Seated Military Press - 155x1x6, 185x1x4
          Dumbell Side Lateral Raise - 35'sx2x5
          Cable Rear Delt - 37.5x2x6

Dumbell Skull Crusher - 50'sx1x6, 50'sx1x4
          Rope Push Down - 140x2x5
          Dumbell Overhead Extension - 80x1x6

Comments: Thanks for the comments PU and thanks for reading. Ok, the lift for today was good, BUT my tri's were too friggin smoked after the shoulder work. I had to drop weight and felt like I didn't get a great Tri workout because they were already exhausted. I'm going to rearrange the schedule next week and do Shoulders/Abs and bi's/tri's the following day to see how that works out for me. On another note, I talked to a friend of mine over here. He has a bottle of WB and Blue Up that he said he isn't going to take, so I may trade him for a bottle of Lipo-6 that I have and don't plan on taking. If we trade, I'm going to use the opportunity to take WB at night to see what the deal is and if it works for me any better than it did when I took it during the day.

Comment

Diet:
            Meal 2: Chicken and veggie stir fry w/Hot garlic sauce
            Meal 3: Tuna w/Salsa and jalepenos, cucumbers and onions in vinegar
            Meal 6: 2 small chicken breasts, broccoli, carrots, bowl pasta w/tomato sauce
            Meal 7: Muscle Milk Pre bed shake

Lift:
            Bi's and Abs
            Barbell Curl - 105x1x6, 115x2x5
            Hammer Curl - 50'sx2x5
            Incline Curl - 40'sx1x6, 45'sx1x6

Hanging Leg raises - 3x10
            Decline weighted Crunch - 35x2x15
            Side Bends - 45x1x15 each side
            Side Twists - 45x1x15 each side

Cardio: 1 hour softball... yea, yea... it's fun!!!

Comments: Nice lift today. I have so much energy during my workouts now, I feel like I should be doing more and have to force myself to stop and follow the routine. Anyhow, next week I'll be pushing Tri's back a day, like I said in my last post. We won the softball game by mercy rule! I was 4 for 4 with a Homerun to centerfield and pitched the whole game... Must be the PW/GG/GB stack

Comment

Just checking in

I've been off the last two days. It's been a nice break after the first week of a new intense workout. I'm supp shopping right now! I think I'm addicted!!!! I'm just like a freaking girl! Addicted to all of the summer sales and specials! We had another softball game today. Won again by the mercy rule! I was 2/3 today with a double off the wall and a homerun, plus two strikeouts pitching. I drank some PW during the game and it was a great energy boost! I'm excited to get back to the workout tomorrow and I'll probably take some pictures in the next day or two to post up here. I need to shave the chest and stomach first! I haven't really done any cardio for the last week except for softball, but I'll be back to it this week. I think I'm going to increase to at least 5 times per week and see how it goes. May tighten the diet up a little more too! Today was cheat day... I had a cheese steak, french fries, mozzarella sticks and some ice cream for dinner and I feel like a glutton right now! More to come tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by rcp197inIZ
                .....my tri's were too friggin smoked after the shoulder work. I had to drop weight and felt like I didn't get a great Tri workout because they were already exhausted.
                I totally feel you there... that's why I like active recovery / bandwork for tri's. It's convenient and I feel that it's helping.

Comment

pu,
                  Where can I read up on that?

Comment

19 June

Diet:
                    Meal 1: Protein Shake and small banana
                    Meal 2: 2 slices roast porkloin (fat not eaten), peas, succotash, chicken and rice soup
                    Meal 3: tuna w/salsa and jalepenos
                    Meal 5: PostWO Shake
                    Meal 6: chicken stir fry w/veggies, raw carrots and broccoli, beef stew
                    Meal 7: Muscle Milk bedtime shake
                    Calories: 2000 Protein/Carbs/Fat grams 238/131/53

Lift:
                    Incline Bench - 255x1x5, 255x1x4, 245x1x5
                    Flat Bench - 275x1x4; 255x4, 245x1x4
                    Decline Bench - 245x1x6

Bench Wrist Curls - 85x2x10
                    Dumbell Wrist Curls - 40'sx2x8

Cardio: 3 Mile run outside scheduled for later tonight.

Comments: I started taking Xtend today in conjunction w/PW to see how I liked it. I took the PW 15 min preworkout and Xtend during and after. The after, I mixed w/my protein shake and I won't be doing that again because the watermelon tastes like shit when mixed with Chocolate Mint Protein . Anyhow, the lift today was kind of a let down. I was in a bad mood overall because my partners whine all day on chest day because their bench numbers really haven't gone up, but they don't really eat properly and are expecting too much if you ask me. My first two sets on incline were 10 lbs heavier than last week and then I dropped back down for the final set. When we got to flat, all my strength was zapped from either going to heavy on the incline or straining something in my neck because i was struggling on the last rep of the last set and my partner was bullshitting and not spotting properly. So, all that put me in an even worse mood, especially with their whining. Hopefully, I'll be back on track tomorrow. I also started megadosing Cissus Rx and PowerFULL a couple of days back. I don't think I've entered that in the log yet.

Comment

20 June

Diet:
                      Meal 2: 1 1/2 chicken breast, 2 servings broccoli
                      Meal 3: tuna w/salsa and jalepenos, 1 thin slice roast turkey breast
                      Meal 6: 2 medium slices of turkey, yams, mixed veggies, garden salad w/crab meat and oil and vinegar
                      Calories: 2250 Protein/Carbs/Fat grams 283/139/64

Lift:
                      ATG Squat - 315x2x6, 335x1x4
                      Leg Sled - 620x2x6
                      Deadlift - 335x1x6, 335x1x5

Dumbell Standing Calf Raise - 125'sx2x8
                      Hammer Seated Bent Knee Calf Raise - 180x2x8

Cardio: 20 Min HIIT on elliptical scheduled for later tonight.

Comments: Last night I ran my three miles at a nice 24 min. Took it easy for leg day today, but was a little sore still this morning because that was my first run in about a week. I still did better than I expected on leg day and improved from last week, which surprised me greatly! I even started the lift off in a bad mood because four idiots were doing curls in the one squat rack that we had in the gym. I finally asked them to move when they told me they were on their 3rd of 7 sets. They tried to whine at first, but moved after I explained to them that they could do barbell curls anywhere in the gym, but this was the only place to squat. Anyhow, good workout overall and I was really surprised to lift as much as I did considering how I felt at the start of the workout.

Comment

21 June

Diet:
                        Meal 1: 5 hard boiled egg whites w/1 yolk, watermelon, scrambled eggs, 500 ml chocolate milk
                        Meal 2: Protein Shake
                        Meal 3: Vegetable Salad w/Gyro Chicken, crab meat and eggs w/Oil and Vinegar dressing
                        Meal 5: Xtend Post WO *Didn't have a shake because I had to go straight to my softball game.
                        Meal 6: Chicken and veggie stir fry, bean and bacon soup
                        Calories: 2250 Protein/Carbs/Fat grams 225/131/77

Lift:Back and Abs
                        Barbell Row - 175x3x5
                        Close Grip Pulldown - 117x2x6 *this was on the resistance machine? not really sure what the weights indicate. It's not lbs or kgs though.
                        Pullup -BWx2x6 *2 second pause at top and slow descent for each rep
                        Cable Row - 97x2x6

Decline Weighted Side Twists - 2x12x10 to each side with partner throwing medicine ball
                        Decline Weighted Situps - 2x12x10 one set halfway down, second set halfway up with partner throwing medicine ball

Cardio: Softball game - we won again (9-0). That makes four in a row.

Comments: Decent workout today. The back was a little sore from deadlifts the day before though. I pushed Traps back to Shoulder and Tri's will be w/Bi day. I'll maintain this for the remainder of time I follow Max OT. I took advantage of the sale on USPlabs products and ordered 6 bottles of Cissus, 4 bottles of Symmetry X and a bottle of PowerFULL. I should be good to go w/that stuff for a while. I have to give it up to those guys for the great sales!

Comment

22 June

Diet:
                          Meal 2: 2 slices roast turkey, white rice, stuffing, mixed veggies
                          Meal 3: tuna w/salsa and jalepenos
                          Meal 5: PostWO Shake w/1 packs oats, honey
                          Meal 6: baked fish, 1/2 serving collard greens, 2 slices ham (fat not eaten), succotash
                          Calories: 2578Protein/Carbs/Fat grams 273/197/75

Lift: Shoulders and Traps
                          Dumbell Seated Should Press - 85'sx2x6, 90'sx1x4
                          Behind the Neck Seated Military Press - 185x2x5
                          Dumbell Side Lateral Raise - 35'sx2x6
                          Cable Rear Delt - 37.5x1x6, 40x1x6

Barbell Shrug - 275x2x8
                          Upright Row - 135x2x8

Comments: Great workout today! Increased in almost every lift from last week and the 90's on shoulder press are definitely a personal best. I also switched from in front to behind the neck presses because I feel like I work the shoulders more that way, instead of the upper chest. I'll be back on the cardio tomorrow night w/some HIIT. I ended up staying at work for longer than the usual 12 hrs, so I was beat when I left. I'm counting the days until we leave Iraq and go back to Hawaii with regular work hours and actual days off!

Comment

hey!! nice work and log thus far!! I just read through it all

Q: what is a frog kick..?! teach me how to do one! I have an idea in my head of what it might look like but I'm not sure!!

Also, are you calorie cycling? I can't really see a trend in the macros..?

But keep it up, your motivation definitely doesn't seem to want to die!

Comment

Originally posted by asianbabe
                              hey!! nice work and log thus far!! I just read through it all

Q: what is a frog kick..?! teach me how to do one! I have an idea in my head of what it might look like but I'm not sure!!

Also, are you calorie cycling? I can't really see a trend in the macros..?

But keep it up, your motivation definitely doesn't seem to want to die!
                              Is this for me? I am thinking no, because I didn't write about frog kicks.

Comment

23 June

Diet:
                                Meal 2: 2 stuffed peppers w/meat and rice, mixed veggies, glazed carrots
                                Meal 3: 3 slices ham, fat not eaten
                                Meal 4: Post WO Shake w/1 pack oats and banana
                                Meal 5: 2 servings asparagus, chuck roll
                                Meal 6: Protein Shake
                                Meal 7: Casein bedtime shake
                                Calories: 2400 Protein/Carbs/Fat grams 240/153/93

Lift: Bi's and Tri's
                                Barbell Curl - 105x1x6, 115x2x5
                                Close Grip Chins - 1xfailure
                                Hammer Curl - 50'sx2x5
                                Incline Curl - 45'sx2x5

Dumbell Skull Crusher - 50'sx2x6
                                Rope Push Down - 160x2x6
                                Dumbell Overhead Extension - 100x2x6

Cardio: 1 hr Volleyball; 20 min HIIT on elliptical

Comments: Good lift today. My Tri workout was much better because I didn't do shoulders first! I'll definitely maintain this. I went to the gym an hour earlier than usual because my partner had a meeting at the time we usually go, so I had to rearrange the meals a little bit. The food at the dining facility also sucked today, so it wasn't the best nutrition day ever. I'll be off tomorrow and then back to legs on Sunday. Only one day off because my partner has duty on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X