Bull.dogz Stack It Up Log!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Love the pictures You are looking great Laurie!

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsofgold View Post
        Love the pictures You are looking great Laurie!
        Thanks Jenn! Where ya been?

Today's wod:
        Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
        65 pound Thruster, 5 reps
        65 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
        65 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

6 rounds

No changes with this workout. I was pretty tired and my back was killing me during the last round. I stretched it out and gave it a good crack and it feels better. I'll snuggle up with my foam roller in a bit.
        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• I've been around, just lurking I swear every time I start posting about myself and what I've been doing I last like one week and then quit working out again. I'm sure just a coincidence, but I'm being superstitious and not logging anything. Just kind of doing my own thing

Comment

• Tuesday 090929

Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Worked on form tonight. Didn't try to go for my max. I seriously need to work on my flexibility in my shoulders.

Comment

• lats too.. if your lats are tight, you wont ever be able to get that bar up overhead correctly

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                lats too.. if your lats are tight, you wont ever be able to get that bar up overhead correctly
                Recommend any kinda stretches?

Comment

• Helen

"Helen"

Three rounds for time:
                  Run 400 meters
                  1 1/2 pood Kettlebell X 21 swings (or 55 pound dumbbell swing)
                  12 Pull-ups

Time: 15:21 (last time 15:59)
                  Weight: 35lbs (same as last time)

This workout felt good. My kb swings were strong and I only stopped once on the 2nd and 3rd round to catch my breath. My kips I kept at 3 at a time and took about 3-5 breaths and kept going. My time was much different then last time but for some reason I remember it being harder the last time.

Comment

• i like to put a band up on a high bar, and do a good morning type movement with extended arms and let the tension in the band resist the lats while pushing against it for 2-3x for 2-3seconds each ... I do that alot for the shoulders too in every direction possible (shoulder traction i think elite fts calls it -- makes the shoulders feel like a school boy again, nice and loose)

theres some static stretch thats good for the pifimorias (sp?!) and you can get your lats in it too by bending at the waist with outstretched arms.. but theres no way I could explain it and have it make sense..

Comment

• Cool, I think I know what you mean. I'll have to try those.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post

Look at that guy taking booty pics!

Comment

• Thursday 091001

For time:
                          25 Walking lunge steps
                          20 Pull-ups
                          50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
                          20 Double-unders
                          25 Ring dips
                          20 Knees to elbows
                          30 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
                          30 Sit-ups
                          20 Hang squat cleans, 35 pound dumbells
                          25 Back extensions
                          30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
                          3 Rope climb ascents

Time: 31 minutes
                          Used 35#kb; 20# db for hang; 14# wb
                          So I need to up my kb weight to the next size 44#; they should have been more of a struggle which they weren't. The med ball felt kinda light...wasn't easy and I still had to stop but I think I'm ready to move up. The db weight was perfect. 25# would have been too much. The rope climb I kicked butt on. The 3rd one was tough but I did it. Even a couple of the coaches can't do them. I have to say, I really liked this crazy ass workout.

Comment

• Shuttle

5m run
                            10m run
                            3 One arm snatches (20#db)
                            5 pull ups (kips)
                            5 clapping push ups
                            5 box jumps (24")

5 rounds; rest in between each round is whatever your time is for first round.

1:30; 1:26; 1:24; 1:23; 1:19

Comment

• kippping pullups really bother me.. it's like crossfit realizes the benefit of a pullup, but than ruins the entire movement by encouraging weaksauce kipping pullups..

you lose the core stability, and completely alter of ROM at the shoulder girdle, turning it into an inverted pullup, which is why their so easy! sadly that doesn't make them any better. /end rant

Comment

• For time: 27:35
                                Run 800 meters
                                15 left-legged pistols (modified pistols w/10#db on all)
                                15 right-legged pistols
                                25 sit-ups
                                12 left-legged pistols
                                12 right-legged pistols
                                25 sit-ups
                                9 right-legged pistols
                                9 left legged pistols
                                25 sit-ups
                                Run 800 meters (can we say jello legs here!! )

"Pistol" is one-legged squat with Kettlebell or dumbbell. Use 1 1/2 pood Kettlebell or 55 pound dumbbell for pistols.

Comment

Working...
                                X