Clear All

• "Barbara"

Five rounds, each for time of:
    20 Pull-ups (kips)
    30 Push-ups
    40 Sit-ups
    50 Squats

3 Rounds 8:40; 9:12; 11:57

Holly and I were just going to use today as a skills day since we were pretty tired and sore. We worked on kips and handstands. Just getting our wrist used to that position. I did a headstand just for the heck of it. Haven't done it in a while and wanted to see if I still could...I can. I held my pikes for as long as I could but my wrists felt like they were going to snap.

After the skill work we decided to do a few rounds of Barbara. We stopped at 3 since both our hands were tearing again. Felt good but Saturday and Sunday are definite rest days.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Front Squats 3-3-3-3-3
      95-100-105-110-115 lbs

Wrist are getting stronger but still pretty painful on these.

Make up yesterdays wod:

Annie
      50-40-30-20 and 10 rep rounds of:
      Double-unders
      Sit-ups

Time: 19:27

All I have to say is every time I have to jump that much it makes me pee myself just a little.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Last night's wod:

"Helen" (I didn't pick it )

400m run
        21 KB swings 35lbs
        12 pull-ups (kips)
        3 Rounds for time: 15:59

I actually finished about 10 seconds before that but Suzie made me do my last kip over because I didn't get my chin completely over the bar. I'm pretty sure I shot her the nastiest look when she said that. I stand by my initial thoughts, running sucks!!

Comment

• "Daniel"

For time:
          50 Pull-ups
          400 meter run
          95 pound Thruster, 21 reps
          800 meter run
          95 pound Thruster, 21 reps
          400 meter run
          50 Pull-ups

This one sucked ***!! Time:55:32 :shrug:

The kips shredded my hands. I had about 30 kips left to go too, had to suck it up and just power through them. When I saw this workout I knew it was going to suck...and it did.

Comment

• I recommended one of my students to check out the local crossfit(s) today! she was talking to me about where I would suggest she trains (she is new to philly from pittsburgh) and I was kind of like uhh... crossfit?

she said shes been going to a planet fitness by her apt, only because they have alot of treadmills..and i was like, thats gotta suck... so I gave her the 411 on crossfit and think she is going to look into it -- I hope so at least, she seemed to have a history of paying a ton of $ for personal trainers that didn't really seem to teach her anything worth while ..

ur blisters remind me of highschool... i got them very bad when I first started training... especially with the boughetto equipment we used
            Last edited by jiritt0; 09-18-2009, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
              I recommended one of my students to check out the local crossfit(s) today! she was talking to me about where I would suggest she trains (she is new to philly from pittsburgh) and I was kind of like uhh... crossfit?

she said shes been going to a planet fitness by her apt, only because they have alot of treadmills..and i was like, thats gotta suck... so I gave her the 411 on crossfit and think she is going to look into it -- I hope so at least, she seemed to have a history of paying a ton of $ for personal trainers that didn't really seem to teach her anything worth while ..

ur blisters remind me of highschool... i got them very bad when I first started training... especially with the boughetto equipment we used
              What a waste of money. Hopefully, she'll try the xf and like it. Although, most don't stick with it. A couple of women came in to check out our gym, as soon as they left we all looked at each other and said, they wouldn't last a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                Front Squats 3-3-3-3-3
                95-100-105-110-115 lbs

Wrist are getting stronger but still pretty painful on these.

Make up yesterdays wod:

Annie
                50-40-30-20 and 10 rep rounds of:
                Double-unders
                Sit-ups

Time: 19:27

All I have to say is every time I have to jump that much it makes me pee myself just a little.

How are you with the double unders?
                Last edited by timberwolf; 09-21-2009, 04:07 PM.
                kane@controlledlabs.com
                Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
                Looks for the ads, coming soon!
                www.controlledlabs.com
                www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

• Originally posted by timberwolf View Post

How are you with the double unders?
                  I can't quite do more than 2 in a row. I usually do one, 2 regular and then another du. I usually go home with a few welts.

Comment

• Monday 090921

Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1 reps 75lbs
                    Push press 3-3-3-3-3 reps 95lbs
                    Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps 90lbs

Rest this weekend didn't do too much good. I woke up with a sore throat today. I don't feel bad and I'm not running a fever so maybe it's just allergies. (I hope!)

Today's workout was okay. Nothing exciting to report.

Comment

• Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

New PR 205!!! Last time we did this workout (July), I only hit 185. That was my first month of Crossfit.

Comment

• so the whole workout was basically 8 reps of deadlift? after the warmup...?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                          so the whole workout was basically 8 reps of deadlift? after the warmup...?
                          Yep. Basically to see where your one rep max is at.

Comment

• Five rounds for max reps of:
                            Body weight bench press (90#)
                            Pull-ups (kips)
                            Body weight back squat (95#)

Post reps for all three exercises in all rounds

10-5-17 (ex. 10 reps/bench - 5 reps kips - 17 reps squats)
                            10-7-15
                            11-9-14
                            10-8-15
                            10-8-16

Comment

• Fight Gone Bad IV

FGB IV
                              Round 1 2 3
                              Box jumps 25 20 15
                              Push Press 20 10 11
                              Wall Balls 13 13 15
                              Rows 7m 6 6
                              SDHP 15 15 16 totall reps 207 (last fgb 215)

Weight 55lbs; 20" box; 14lb med ball

Asthma attack.

Comment

• laurie@controlledlabs.com

Comment

Working...
                                X