Bull.dogz Stack It Up Log!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running sucks

Today was the 10k....my thoughts............fuck that! I ran 5k instead. I still don't like running but I did shave 13 seconds off from my last time. I even walked a few steps. I was having a little bit of a side ache this time.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
      Today was the 10k....my thoughts............fuck that! I ran 5k instead. I still don't like running but I did shave 13 seconds off from my last time. I even walked a few steps. I was having a little bit of a side ache this time.
      Sooo glad I missed that.
      Not a fan on running anymore.
      kane@controlledlabs.com
      Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
      Looks for the ads, coming soon!
      www.controlledlabs.com
      www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

• Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
        Sooo glad I missed that.
        Not a fan on running anymore.
        Today is a Crossfit rest day so it's anyone's guess what the workout could be. But if we don't like it there's a few that I printed out. Also, they've got the ropes hung up so we'll have to get a video of you going to the top.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
          Today is a Crossfit rest day so it's anyone's guess what the workout could be. But if we don't like it there's a few that I printed out. Also, they've got the ropes hung up so we'll have to get a video of you going to the top.
          Are the two ropes side by side?
          kane@controlledlabs.com
          Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
          Looks for the ads, coming soon!
          www.controlledlabs.com
          www.controlledlabsforum.com

Comment

• Originally posted by timberwolf View Post
            Are the two ropes side by side?
            Yep! I have a feeling Chongo is going to want to race you.

Comment

• WOD w/Kane

30 Wall Ball #20/#14
              300 meter row
              30 box jumps 24″/20″
              30 KB Swings #53/#35
              30 DB Push Press #45/#25 (used 20#, someone had 25#)
              30 Deadlifts #225/#135

Time: 20:40
              Kane's time: 12:22

Kane came down to MM Crossfit tonight and tried out a workout with me. Lots of fun. Of course he totally kicked ass. I wasn't even about to try and keep up with him.

**weights used in bold**
              Last edited by bull.dogz; 07-30-2009, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Bad Idea:

15 SDHP 53#kb
                15 Burpees/box jumps
                15 Cleans w/med ball 14#
                15 Push ups
                500 m rows

3 Rounds for time: 27:15

I'm calling this workout "Bad Idea", it really sucked. Today's scheduled workout on the mainsite was Back Squats 1-1-1-1-1-1-1. This is what we did instead. And fyi, you did not get to pick between burpees and box jumps. You did a burpee and went straight to a box jump back to burpee for 15 reps.....yeah. Like I said, it sucked.

I worked on my kippings after class and finally got the momentum down. I was able to get 6 good ones in before my arms and grip gave out.

Comment

• So today I did 2 wod's. Although now I'm kinda sorry, after looking at tomorrow's workout. Tomorrow is "Fight Gone Bad".

Today's WOD:

Back Squats
                  3-3-3-3-3
                  My weight 145#'s (same as Susie's )

Then I made up yesterday's workout:

JT
                  21-15-9 reps of:
                  Handstand push-ups (pike push-ups)
                  Ring dips (box dips)
                  Push-ups (kippings)

For time: 16:05
                  My time is horrible but I don't care because I did all the pull-ups kipping style. Not one jumping pull-up.

Comment

• "Fight Gone Bad!"

Three rounds of:
                    Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps) 14#
                    Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps) 55#
                    Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
                    Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps) 55#
                    Row (Calories)

Total: 215

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

This one sucked......that is all.

Comment

• http://www.rapidreghost.com/fgb/php/...php?frID=26123

Comment

• Three rounds for time of:
                        Row 500 meters
                        21 Burpees
                        Run 400 meters

Time: 22:27

My time sucked today. I was tired and my back was getting tight. Was thinking of taking tomorrow off as a rest day, but just checked the main site and tomorrow is rope climbing day....and since our gym now has a rope.....I have to go.

Comment

• Three rounds for time of:
                          21 L-Pull-ups
                          15 ft. L-rope climb, 3 ascents

Time: 15:00

Three rounds:

20 situps
                          20 supermans

I did kippings for the pullups (no bands) and the first time on the rope I almost made it to the mark but kinda chickened out. I do have to come back down you know. The second time I didn't get as far because now my forearms were starting to swell. They were so pumped I had a hard time keeping my grip and was starting to slip. So the 3rd time I just did the 3 ascents instead. My hands are pretty sore right now. Tomorrow I rest.

Comment

• Today's workout:

Deadlift's
                            5 - 5 - 5 (3 sets of 5 reps)

135 - 155 - 155

Stuck with the 155's since that was the highest I could go without losing form. Today's wod was supposed to be 5-5-5-5-5, but Carl teaches the Saturday morning class and he loves to push us hard. Kinda why we call him Crazy Carl. Anyways, it was kinda nice. I go to the 9 am class and I was the only one there, everyone else likes the 8 am class. So Carl worked with me one on one with my power cleans.....next workout.

Next workout:

5 power cleans (75lbs)
                            10 pull ups (kipping)
                            15 squats (air squats)

As many rounds as you can in 10 minutes. I was able to get 4 rounds. Still find the grip with my kippings really tough but they are getting better.

Comment

• I hate running.......

Four rounds, each for time of:
                              800 meter run

Rest as needed between efforts.

1st: 4:22
                              2nd: 4:09
                              3rd: 4-11
                              4th: 5:28 (cramping and sore shins)

Have I ever mentioned I hate running?

Comment

• Tabata Something Else"

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

280 Reps Total

All I can say is everything was burning. My arms, abs and quads!!

Comment

Working...
                                X