No announcement yet.

Bull.dogz Stack It Up Log!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I submitted an idea to our CEO..a wellness program...maybe shared expense for a gym membership. Hopefully, it'll go through.
    laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• I can't wait...I'm going to go to the Crossfit gym tonight. Today's workout:

For time:
      50 Wall-ball shots
      50 Pull-ups
      35 Wall-ball shots
      35 Pull-ups
      20 Wall-ball shots
      20 Pull-ups

This is going to be tough...my back is sore from yesterdays back workout.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• My first official Crossfit workout today went like this:

3 rounds

Samson stretches (hold for 10 seconds)
        10 Overhead squats
        10 Situps
        10 Supermans
        10 Pullups
        10 Dips (bodyweight... on parallel bars)

So I was dripping sweat after my "warm up". Yeah, that's the stinkin warm up. Actual WOD went like this:

50 Wallballs
        50 Pullups
        35 Wallballs
        35 Pullups
        20 Wallballs
        20 Pullups

I was breathing so hard and fast I felt like I was in labor again. I must have lost about 5lbs in sweat and my face was soo red every kept asking me after if I was okay. No worries, I only look like I'm dying.

Now for the best part! My time for this workout 21:04.........I beat my coach by 2 minutes!
        YEAH BUDDY!!

Comment

• My arms, chest and lats hurt so bad I can hardly move them.

Comment

• pullups are good for you.
            congrats on the nice time

Comment

• Thanks Jdiritto!

Warm up:

250m rows
              10 dowel pass thrus
              10 medicine ball cleans
              10 med ball push ups
              10 kettlebell swings

2 Rounds

WOD:

10 Hang snatch cleans (2 rounds w/45lbs; 5 rounds w/55lbs)
              10 Burpees

7 rounds!!!
              Time: 14:27

Done with a partner. One does burpees while the other does hangs. No one can put down the bar...so if your partner is still doing burpees and your done with hangs, you have to hold that bar until she is done. You drop it you both have to do 5 more burpees.

Neither one of us dropped the bar but damn if I didn't want to. At one point I look at Bobby and said, "Bobby, can you do me a favor and hold this for a minute?" as he started to walk over the "aha" light went on....I almost had him. Technically, I'm not putting down the bar...someone else is holding it. It was worth a shot. During round 5 and 6 my burpees became just laying on the ground a moment trying to catch my breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7WUKHRTfeM
              Last edited by bull.dogz; 06-20-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Some pics from last night.

Went to the All American Tattoo Festival last night. If your not getting tatted it can be kinda dull. We were there to hang out with our friend Jon of 12 Monkeys. Since it was Ty's birthday we were going to go out drinking after the show. Ended up drinking way more than I wanted to. We started at the show while we were waiting....

Comment

• Warm up:

250m rows
                  10 dowel pass thrus
                  10 medicine ball cleans
                  10 med ball push ups
                  10 kettlebell swings
                  2 Rounds

WOD:
                  Three rounds for time: 13:26
                  Run 400 meters
                  Kettlebell X 21 swings (26lb kb)
                  12 Handstand push-ups (did decline on box)

Can I just say, I really hate running. My insides hurt and I can't breath. But I did it. Ok, I didn't really go all out and run, I jogged.....and I walked for a little bit.....until Chonga ran past me. Fuck that....I can't get passed up by a dude. I probably should have used the 35lb kb but I couldn't breath. So next time.

Comment

• These were from Saturday's workout. I'm the one sitting next to the stairs trying to catch my breath.
                    Last edited by bull.dogz; 06-23-2009, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Warm up:

500m row
                      5 burpees
                      15 situps
                      2 rounds

WOD:
                      3-3-3-3-3 Front squats

They frown on the crossed arms version but that's the only way I can do it. The other way really hurts my wrist.

Comment

• Warm up:

500m rows/400m run (did rows 1st round, run 2nd round)
                        5 Burpees
                        15 Situps

2 Rounds

WOD:

21 - 15 - 9
                        Push press (55#)
                        Box jumps (20")
                        Sumo Dead High Pulls (same but probably could've used a heavier weight)

Time: 12:34

Justin went to the gym with me and did the same workout (with dumbbells of course), his time....9:47!!!
                        He totally kicked ass. Did the same height box jumps too!! Total proud mama moment!!

Comment

• Warm up:

400m run
                          5 burpees
                          15 situps
                          2 rounds

Wod:

Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
                          65 thrusters 5
                          65 hang power cleans 7
                          65 sumo dead high pulls 10

I got in 6 rounds.

Round 5 felt like death. My shoulders were on fire it hurt so bad. I almost gave up during round 6. Got to my 4th hang and that was it. I couldn't lift any more. Coach called 1 min 30 seconds left and I put everything I had to get the last of the round in. It's amazing what you really do have in you if you want it bad enough.

Comment

• laurie@controlledlabs.com

Comment

• Warm up:
                              500m row/400m run (1st round rows/2nd run)
                              5 Burpees
                              15 Situps
                              2 rounds

Two rounds of:
                              Right arm barbell push-press 12 reps (used 30# db)
                              Left arm deadlift 12 reps (65# bb)
                              Run 800 meters
                              Left arm barbell push-press 12 reps
                              Right arm deadlift 12 reps
                              Run 800 meter

Time: 27:55

Okay, so the running wasn't too bad but that last round was horrible. One of the coaches paced me on the last 2 runs (because one of them saw me walking a little). :/ But I was walking because Justin was bright red and holding his side and I knew he was trying to catch up to me, and I didn't want him to pass out or anything. So I walked a little bit so he could catch his breath without feeling like he was really behind. I was actually holding a pretty good pace and felt good that round.

The last 2 were holly hell cause he was pushing me to run a little faster than my grandmotherly pace. Some where in the world there was a little old lady with a walker going at a faster pace than I was jogging.
                              Last edited by bull.dogz; 06-27-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Monday

Warm Up:
                                800m run
                                10 Burpees
                                30 Situps
                                (basically, didn't want to do 2 rounds in this heat)

WOD:
                                Back squat, 1 rep ~ 145lbs
                                Shoulder Press, 1 rep ~ 75lbs
                                Deadlift, 1 rep ~ 175lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X