Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be nice.

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Last night's leg workout was good. Not great but good. Just didn't feel the same intensity that I did last week. New training partner was a no-show again but I kinda expected it. Having my old gym partner back is good and bad. Having her around pushes me to train harder = good thing. Having her around means I have to do more cardio (she is cardio queen) = bad thing. Okay, it's not a bad thing, I obviously need to do it. If she weren't there I wouldn't bother.

Talked to the new personal trainer at the gym last night. He used to compete in bbing and his mom was a pro as well. He's going to help me with my competition diet. I think that is something that is really holding me back right now. I can't seem to find the right combo to lean down as quickly as I want.

^^Would like these arms please.
      Last edited by bull.dogz; 02-11-2009, 06:47 PM.

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Pauline Nordin - Love her blogs!!

http://fighterdiet.com/blog/

* If you don’t eat it it cannot make you fat
        * Having junk food “for guests in case you get company” means you will sooner or later eat the junk when you are not having company.
        * Boredom is the mother of cravings and urges to eat crap
        * No cardio routine will make up for binge eating. If you train intensely and say you burn 500 calories, that’s not more than a slice or two of pizza. Then imagine a half day of junk food all you can eat marathon and you should realize no cardio will compensate your pigging out.
        * Women don’t have a lot of muscle, so stop worrying about working out hard. It’s the fat on top that makes you thick, so get rid of it.
        * There is no forbidden food, but all the small extras become one big forbidden habit since the calories add up.
        * It does not matter how healthy a food is, it STILL has calories. You get the same calories from “whole grain” as you get from the white flour stuff. You get more micronutrients with the former, but still, calories are calories.
        * Eating a lot of veggies does not make you fat just because you get bloated from the fiber.
        * salt does not make you fat, it makes you retain some water.
        * Don’t bother “gotta sweat” when you work out: it is just heat leaving your body, NOT fat.
        * I don’t believe you get fatter from eating at night as long as your total intake is on track.
        * I don’t believe you need to eat every two hours to stay lean.
        * Squats is the way to get a killer tight butt. No kicking, no squeezing will produce the same results as does some real good squatting.
        * You won’t get a fitness model body in three months if you don’t happen to be a former well-trained person.
        * Living off yoghurt, fruit and dried fruit makes you look like a soft skinny model. not firm and toned.
        * To look “just about the right fitness look” you must be extremely dedicated and persistent.
        * No cardio will make your legs firm: weight training and sprint work will.
        * Women should train the same hardcore way as men. In general.
        * Staying lean means always paying severe attention to your diet.
        * Your body does not WANT to be as ripped as YOU want. There is no magic formula except for discipline and dedication.
        * What looks healthy and “perfect” is usually an end product of super extreme lifestyle.
        * You cannot have the cookie and eat it. Stop looking for a short cut and embrace a dedicated lifestyle.
        * Peaking for a show is pretty easy, keeping it is not.
        * If you obtain a certain condition with a certain diet, a certain amount of training, that same formula will keep the fat away. If you slow down and eat more you will regain the fat again. Obvious but still confusing for a lot of people.
        * You won’t die from decreasing starches in your diet. You don’t NEED them to survive.
        * OTC painkillers are bad for your liver, your stomach and your muscle growth. Work on your weaknesses instead with correct training instead of popping pills.
        * fatburners help only when diet and training is right on.
        * vascularity comes form being lean, having salt in your system and having a lot of muscle.
        * healthy muscle look “loose and soft” when not flexed and pumped and hard when flexed. Having a constant pump is not “normal”.
        * you will not be a big big muscle woman from hitting the gym hard. Not you men either, haha.

Comment

• So I guess I'm really going to try and do this. I was talking to the new trainer at the gym, he used to be a bodybuilder and will be competing again in June. He's changing my diet up to really help me lean down. I'm pretty sure I know what he's going to do......and I don't think I'm going to like it (bye-bye Nutella ). We talked for a few hours last night and next week he's going to kick my ass in the gym. I'm really looking forward to that. When I do have a workout partner, they're usually women and even though I love my girl time, it just doesn't push me as hard as I need or want.

The only other male training partners I had were my ex and his buddy, loved training legs with them cause they would never let me do "girlie" weights. At one point I could press 6 plates (540 not counting the machine weight). My other friend Danny, that I trained with is a personal trainer but he always frustrated me. He only like to "tone" women up and would always make me go lighter. He'd always make comments like if I kept lifting hard I would start talking and looking like a man. I know he's joking but that one always pisses me off.

This is a pick of the new trainer when he competed in 2002. Total hotness!!

Comment

• New tat!

Comment

• Feeling pretty bummed today. Don't even feel like flirting with the new guy. Don't feel like training. Don't feel like eating. Just feel like crawling back into bed. Matter of fact. I think I will.

Comment

• Aww, feel better I get like that sometimes and it feels pretty good to sleep the day away every once in a while *hugs*

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                  Good solid base of muscle! Diet is everything, so get after it and keep training hard!! Bodybuilding-style training will greatly benefit you.

Trainers can be a world of help. You don't need a hot trainer, just someone who is smart with helping other and can kick your butt. Just stay natural...SERIOUSLY!
                  Last edited by rich55; 02-16-2009, 11:49 PM.
                  **CONTROLLED LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                  **THENUTRITIONX.COM SPONSORED ATHLETE**
                  WNBF Pro Bodybuilder & Trainer

http://www.RICHBODYFIT.com
                  http://www.BeyondLimitsTraining.net
                  http://www.NaturalBuckeyeClassic.com - 3rd annual coming in April 2011 with the WNBF Pro Men's Tournament of Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by rich55 View Post
                    ... You don't need a hot trainer...
                    Though it does help give ya some motivation on making your training sessions

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsofgold View Post
                      Though it does help give ya some motivation on making your training sessions
                      think about dieing from cancer or a heart attack at the age of 53... a week or two before your kid graduates from college and gets married..

think about being 69 and not being able to get out of your bed/chair cause the pain is too much...

....thats healthy motivation. not impressing your attractive partner through any relationship (be it marriage, friendship, familial, or trainer-client) those who train for vanity will struggle to be consistent once they feel theyve reached their goal

actually, these people exercise, they don't train, they exercise!

Comment

• Originally posted by rich55 View Post
                        Good solid base of muscle! Diet is everything, so get after it and keep training hard!! Bodybuilding-style training will greatly benefit you.

Trainers can be a world of help. You don't need a hot trainer, just someone who is smart with helping other and can kick your butt. Just stay natural...SERIOUSLY!
                        Thanks Rich! I was holding a lot of water that day. Thanks for the tips!!

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                        think about dieing from cancer or a heart attack at the age of 53... a week or two before your kid graduates from college and gets married..

think about being 69 and not being able to get out of your bed/chair cause the pain is too much...

....thats healthy motivation. not impressing your attractive partner through any relationship (be it marriage, friendship, familial, or trainer-client) those who train for vanity will struggle to be consistent once they feel theyve reached their goal

actually, these people exercise, they don't train, they exercise!

Naw, I'd rather think about looking HOT!!!

Trained with the pt last night and he totally kicked my butt......well chest and tris. He goes heavy and fast. Really got to push my weight up and work up a great sweat. I have to admit I like training with guys better. Well, one's that help you move up in weight. My other friend would always make me go lighter.

I should be getting my diet the end of this week. Although I'm starting to really get leaner. My pants that were too tight fit perfectly.

Chest and triceps are sore already. Tonights back and bis. Can't wait to kill it!! Oh and he wants me to drop the creatine but I don't know if I want to.
                        Last edited by bull.dogz; 02-17-2009, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Did he say why he wants you to drop the creatine?

Comment

• Water retention. He says I've got a lot of muscles but the creatine is hiding it. He wants me to lean down. I know I'll have to drop it if I do the show but I think it's too soon to drop it. The shows the first week of May.

**He said I have big triceps ~ giggles**

Comment

• My week with the trainer:

Was hell. I thought my workouts were pretty intense....I was wrong. He kicked my ass all week. Last night was legs and I was dreading it after the back workout he had me go through on Tuesday.

He trained me and my friends on legs last night. He made me use heavier weights than her. I did not like him at all last night. I threw up and still had to do lunges after. He'd keep saying "one more", than after that one he'd say " I lied", at one point he said one more and I just flat out spat NO!! He pushed me to failure in pretty much every set. I had to do single leg press with the same weight my friend was doing with both legs. Gggggrrrrrrrr!!!!! Monday and Roger were laughing at me, actually so were the owner's. I honestly don't know if I can train with that much intensity week after week. Have to admit though I loved the workout.............after wards but during it I really hated that mutha F#$ker!!

Comment

• Had a blast this weekend. Friday night went out with my girlfriend and the new pt. Long story short, he's a jerk (probably mad cuz he wasn't getting no love from us). I became a lesbian sandwich and we were just fukd up. Good times.

Saturday night we went out to dinner on Santana Row. It's like a mini Rodeo Drive!! Must have eaten about 5000 calories that night. Ate at an Italian restaurant that was all you can eat. Anything you order, appetizers, entrees, main course, if you finish the plate they refill it with more. Crazy!!

Tried to do a little damage repair yesterday. An hour of cardio, though I don't think it even put a dent in it. Oh well. Back on track this week.

Oh and I chopped off all my hair. It now sits right about shoulder length. I asked for about 4 inches of, she took off about 12 but it looks good.
                                Last edited by bull.dogz; 02-23-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X