Fall/Winter log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
    are you repeating the same circuit workout week after week?
    It changes when it needs to change. I may change it each week or 2-3 weeks. If my time gets better then I will keep it the same. If my time stays the same, worsens, or only gets alil better, then ill change it up. If im showing progress, there is no need to change yet.
    "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
    CFD

Comment

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
      It changes when it needs to change. I may change it each week or 2-3 weeks. If my time gets better then I will keep it the same. If my time stays the same, worsens, or only gets alil better, then ill change it up. If im showing progress, there is no need to change yet.
      Based on science, that is a horrible approach to program design... You may want to delve into things a little more and re-think/tailor your approach

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
        Based on science, that is a horrible approach to program design... You may want to delve into things a little more and re-think/tailor your approach
        I may keep excercises in my circuits for up to 4 weeks(at most) but they are always in rotation, reps may change, and the stly ethey are done. For instance, with bench press, I may do 8 reps on week, 15 the next with shorter rest, then 10 supersetted with another excercise and so on. So the circuits I am doing now mostly contain the same excercises as last week but they are in different order and and repitition. Next week, they will mostly be different. That is what I have found out to work well for me. Its real similar to the type of training my sensei/teacher gave me and will give me once I start back up next week. Its worked well for me. Thanks for your inputs.
        CFD

Comment

FYI...just because it works well, doesn't mean something else won't work better.

best of luck

Comment

Today was hard on me emotionally. This morning we got a call for a car wreck. When we arrived, we knew from the way it looked it wasnt going to be good. An intoxicated driver ran head on into a mother and her two children. Both children died. The intoxicated driver lived. Around 2p.m., we had an similar incident with 1 death. Tonight I plan on doing yoga. I jsut dont have the energy to drive 20min to the gym and back tonight.
            CFD

Comment

Man, it's tough days like this when you need a release, whether it's yoga, running or lifting. We all have different ways to cope with all the day's bs.

Comment

Ya no doubt. I really dont think yoga will do. I may have to head over to the gym
                CFD

Comment

That's horrible.
                  laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

I didnt get out of work in time for the gym since it closes around 8:00 so I had to do my own quick workout at home

8 pushups
                    10 situps
                    10 knee ins

did as many sets I could in 25min.

Really dont know how much I did. After 15 I lost track.
                    CFD

Comment

Glad to have a good end to a bad week. Had my paramedic training today. Afterwards, I got together with my sensei and had a sparring/techniques session. We went over a few basics and stretched. Man I wish I wouldof been stretching all this time!! When I got home, I went out for a easy run for bout 40min roughly. Long day but alot was accomplished.
                      CFD

Comment

Great workout today!
                        10sets nonstop
                        Bench Press-135lb-5 reps
                        Deadlift-200lb-5 reps
                        Hanging Straight Leg Raises-5 reps
                        Jump Rope- 25 reps

Time was 12:34min!

Lovin that! Grant it I didnt have any type of sprinting and only one explosive movement but Im still very excited about that time! Im lovin me some BG! Isk how much it contributed to my workout but its been around 7-8 days since I been on it and it had to have some role in my workout. For about 2-3 weeks now Ive been doing only 4 excercises in my circuits so now Im going to bump it up to 5 for 2-3wks. Im ready for the rest of the week.
                        CFD

Comment

Good early week so far. Yesterday I had mma trainingfor about an hour and half and today I got to the gym

One arm assisted pullups-5reps(each side)
                          w/ 76lb assistance

Barbell Squats-5 reps
                          I think the weight was 215? Idk. Didnt right it down in time. Sounds retarded I knw

Incline Bench Press-5 reps
                          135lbs.

Incline 10mph Sprint-20sec

Jump Rope-25reps

I only did 7 sets today with a time of 16:00min straight. Idk how good that is since some of the excercises take time to do and also the distance between everything. The gym left the doors open and the fans were on inside so the cold killed my lungs. Between that and my calves actin up again, I called it quits at 7 sets. Limping around to each excercise was not a good idea. I guess im going to have to really focus on recovering me calves.

sidenote: Bought me 4 bottles of GB! Cant wait till this stuff comes in
                          CFD

Comment

I don't check my squat weight til I'm done. Sometimes I sike myself out if I start adding it up.
                            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                              I don't check my squat weight til I'm done. Sometimes I sike myself out if I start adding it up.
                              I check it at the end too as well but right when I was about to, this woman took the weights off. When I came back out of the locker room, it was too late. I gotta get to it sooner.
                              CFD

Comment

Well yesterday around lunch time I started feeling very naseauated. By the afternoon, I had thrown up a few times. I guess a bug hit me. Anyway, i didnt workout yesterday and may not today. Depends on how i feel. I havent taken any supps since lunch yesterday. I think this will end today. Nothing like a bug taking away 2-3 weeks of effort in the gym!
                                CFD

Comment

Working...
                                X