Fall/Winter log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
    During the day, thats a great shake combo but at night, I ususally leave out carbs. I prolly will add whey too it though. I usually use blended protein products at night but ran out. Also, do you use the Natural casein from ON(it has a tan label) or the blue labeled one? That may be another reason why I dont like the flavor.
    I use the natural one, I have used the other as well. I like the natural one better. But, I tend to stay with chocolate, it gets boring from time to time but it's a staple.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod View Post
      I use the natural one, I have used the other as well. I like the natural one better. But, I tend to stay with chocolate, it gets boring from time to time but it's a staple.
      Then I may try the natural one next. LG Science make a mix blend called Lipotropic. Its cheap and very effective. I ran out so thats why I used up the casein
      "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
      CFD

Comment

Well today was a great day until I got to the gym. I opened m gym bag and realized that I forgot my journal. Now that may not seem big to some people but I hate it. It had all of my weights, excercises, times, everything. But I made the most of it. Today was Quads /Triceps so I did something I havent done since i was in mma. I put together squats with 135lbs and DB overhead extension with like 35lbs, doing 10reps each and just kep supersetting them, nonstop, back and forth. I prolly did about 15 sets and I was out! I was in the gym for about 20min prolly tops. So it turned out ok. Definitely threw a curve ball at my body. Im ready for tomorrow
        CFD

Comment

Got into the gym alil tired. I work on the family farm(3rd generation) in the harvest time and we've been workin on the peanut combines past few days. Too alil outta me. But I was alrit.

Underhand BB rows
          1x190(PR!)
          2x180(last few reps of the last sets were killer)
          1x140

V-handle Cable rows
          2x160(got an extra rep on both)
          1x150(extra rep)

Lat pulldown
          1x120
          2x110(extra rep on both)
          1x95(great contractions)

DB rows
          3x55(up 5lbs on first 2 sets)

Things went great. I also tried a couple of sets of the pullups/rows I saw Kane do(if you know the name of this excercise let me know). Its when you get in pullup position with neutral grip. Then you lift your body to make it parallel with the floor and you do a pullup/row. Wow! Great work on core and back. Once my form gets better, Id like to incorporate them into my routine.
          CFD

Comment

Also, I bought me a CL blue t-shirt today! Been wanting one. I was contemplating getting some PW(I just dont like the tast of PI. sorry CL) but couldnt didnt want to spend awhole lotta money right now bc im savin up for something spectacular. So I bought bulk glutamine pwder and BCAA powder and Im gonna mix em together and drink em during workout. Yes I know its not PW and doesnt have everything it does but its cheap and very effective. After the creatine I have runs out, I plan on switching and sticking to GB. Been wanting to try it.
            CFD

Comment

Well things have really changed. After the 4-5yrs being out of mma, I never was really satisfied with my other options(bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc.). I may be moving back to where I was trained so I decided to get back into the condition I was in. But Im also choosing the best of both fields. My training will change into 3 days of my old mma workout(I guess you could call it caveman training) and two days of regular weightlifting using compound excercises. Today was my first day and man, its been too long since I have done training like this.

Circuit 1(yes it isnt real hard but I have to ease myself into it)
              Treadmill incline at 10mph 20 sec
              Overhead Squat 5 reps
              Wide grip Pullups 5 reps
              Jump Rope 20 reps
              Continous with as little rest possible for 10 sets

I will post my other day programs as I get to them

Today looked liked this
              Starting time 1:30 End time 1:58( was very dissappointed)

Overhead squat I used 70lbs. Was not enough. I will add prolly 10lbs. nxt time

The transition to the next excercise sucked. I had to walk across them room. And the first 5 sets, I had to start up the treadmill which took a 30 sec(to get to 10mph).

But still I didnt like my timing. But I will have patience. Its been awhile. Once I get better, i will add extra excercise as I go. Its hard but I wont back down
              CFD

Comment

Here is my updated routine:

Circuit 1
                Treadmill @ Incline 10mph 20sec
                Overhead Squat 5reps
                Widegrip Pullups 5reps
                Jump Rope 20 reps

Compound
                a Chest Press 4x6
                a Squat 4x6
                a Shoulder Press 4x6
                Pullup or a Row4x6
                2 isloation excercises at 2x20 each

Circuit 2
                Barbell Pull Press 5 reps
                High-Knee Jump 5 reps
                Jump Rope 20 reps
                Powerclean and Press 5 reps

Isolation
                Bicep excercise 4x20,15,10,8
                Tricep excercise 4x20,15,10,8
                Calf excercise 4x20,15,10,8
                Abdominal excercise 4xvary

Circuit 3
                Treadmill @ Incline 10mph 20sec
                Windshield Wipers 5reps
                Overheadd BB Transfer Squat 5reps
                Hyperextension Row 5reps

Circuits-all circuits are done continously with as little rest as possible

On compund days, at least one bodypart will have a excercise that works each by itself

Today's workout

Incline Press

Front Squat-never have have done these so today I got the feel of em
                1x135
                3x185

BB military Press
                3x135
                1x125

Bent DB Rows
                1x50
                3x55

Low Cable Crossover
                2x20(lb)

Wide-grip Lat Pulldown
                1x60
                1x70

Great workout! Each bodypart got good contractions and ROM. The effects of the WF tabs havent failed yet. I still get better pumps, strength, and great energy. Once I am done with the bottle though, I will cycle of a week or two and start on WB. I rather have non-stim supps. Not that they affect me in any way; I just rather have more of a natural energy. Same with my creatine. Once Im done, I will switch to GB. Cant wait to try it after hearing the feadback!
                CFD

Comment

Today's workout I switched Powe clean and Press with Renegade Rows. I wanted to have an excercise that involved the back more.

Barbell Pull Press-used a 25lb plate
                  High Knee Jump
                  Jump Rope
                  Renegade Rows-used 30lb DB's

The Barbell Pull Press and Renegade Rows really took it outta me! Great workout. My time was 22min which was way better than circuit 1(30min).
                  Ill move tomorrow's workout forward to make my last workout of the week friday instead of thursday bc my fiancee wants to head to the gym together. Havent seen her in about a month so I get my 2 fav things together.
                  CFD

Comment

Hammer curls
                    1x10lb-was way too light
                    1x20lb-did 20reps instead of 15
                    1x35lb
                    1x45lb
                    1x40lb-same reps but better connection

French Press
                    1x40
                    1x50
                    1x60
                    1x70
                    1x80

Leg Press Calf Raise(one-legged)
                    1x130
                    1x150
                    1x180
                    2x200

Still had plenty of energy(definitely wasnt enough work)

Neutral Grip assisted pullups(one armed)
                    2x100?(I couldnt read the weight
                    1x106?
                    Wow! Great excercise! My Bi's and Back were hit real good

Dips-to failure(very little rest between the pullups and these)
                    1x17
                    1x18
                    1x12

I did come hanging leg raises and some hanging rows to add in some lil more

Great workout. Wasnt expecting one as good as this today. I really want to be able to do one armed pullups unassisted. Cant wait till tomorrow. My fiancee will be coming down!
                    CFD

Comment

I forgot to mention that I have also started using Reduction kit and a ZMA complex. I switch the ZMA and PM Reduction every other night just because I dont need PM Red every other night. Ive been using the kit for about a week. Workin great so far!
                      CFD

Comment

Well I didnt do Circuit 3 yesterday bc the gym closed early without anouncing it. So I ran a mile or so. Not much. But it started to really irritate my left calf. Well today I went in and did Circuit 1. My time was 17:20. Last time it was almost exactly 30min. So that made me feel real good. But my calf started killin me halfway thru. So I pushed thru and made it worse and its def shinsplit. And I also made myself sick(ate too soon before workout). But still a good day. Also went up 10lbs on my overhead squat(80lbs.)
                        CFD

Comment

You met pukie!

laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

Ha ya! Pukie and I didnt get along
                            CFD

Comment

Today was a long day. Worked from 7 to 7 so but yet I still had enough energy at the gym(thanks to Reduction and WF!)

Hammer Strength Bench Press- havent done these in a long time so I thought I should throwem in

1x90(each side)
                              1x115
                              2x120

One-legged leg press-thought this would be alil easier on my calves since they are still in pain

4x180(2 sets feet placed high and 2 sets feet placed low)

Hammer Strength Miltitary Press-again, havent dones these in awhile
                              1x90
                              1x92.5
                              2x95

Wide-grip overhand BB rows
                              4x175(great contractions! I was happy bout the weight too)

Straight arm pulldown
                              2x30-never done these put they werent as easy as i thought

Pushups-simple yet effective

Fantastic workout. I also did abs between sets for a total of like 10sets(I think). My BG and OT's(the halloween special!!) should be gettin here in bout 2 days. Im excited on both. But there was a loss today.....I opend up my container of GG and it dropped on the floor. About 1/3 to 1/2 was ruined. I had tears. It was sad.
                              CFD

Comment

Today is my rest day. Ill do some stretching and maybe some yoga. I dont feel manly doin yoga but it sure helps me with being limber. Also, I dont think I have logged it but I am now taking a ZMA complex(Dymatize Z-force. check it out at bb.com!) and BCAA powder which I mix with glutamine and a packet of kelloggs protein mix and drink it. Btw, for those who want to buy PW or PI but think it may be too expensive or dont want to spend that money, do it. I though that and so made my own mixture. Adding it up, it didnt come out cheaper. And I dont even have half the amount of BCAA's or other ingredients in my mix. Def buyin PW next time. Love the stuff
                                CFD

Comment

Working...
                                X