Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty sore today still... but yesterday was really intense!

going to workout again today, will be a 4x week, first in a couple weeks.
    should be another crazy one.. my 2nd class is cancelled cos the prof is sick, so instead of being lazy and what not, im going to hit the weights during that time (yahoo)

warmed up

than hit it like this

DB clean/snatch swings - 4x5 each arm with 45pd DB
    jump rope 30 seconds
    30 second rest

DB shoulder press - 3x10x50pds
    vertical jumps, no fly in - 5x
    30 sec rest

pullups - 5 x bodyweight / 5 lat pulldowns with 150pds
    bent knee, 15pd med ball, crunches - 15 (20 last set)
    jump rope - 30 seconds
    10 pushups with feet elevated on a chair
    DB side bends - 50pds each side -- 12 reps a side
    30 second rest

pinchers - 45 seconds/35 seconds last 2 sets (put two 10 pd plates together, so outside surfaces were both flat, and pinched together in hands)
    good mornings - 3x12x95pds
    wrist spins - 45 seconds/30 seconds last 2 sets --- 10pd DBs each hand, and spin wrist back and forth as fast as possible (palms up to palms down/back n forth)
    T bridge - 30 sec each side
    30 sec rest
    Last edited by jiritt0; 02-24-2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

last nights workout:

warmup -- lil longer n more intense than usual - gf wasnt with me so i took it up a knotch doing alot of plyo she doesnt like/shouldnt do

weights:

barbell power clean - 5 reps at 95,115,115,115,115,95

incline DB bench - 4x10x75pds
      broad jumps x 5 -- average at 8feet =x
      30 second rest

3 x thro this circuit
      lunges - first set down n back backwards -- 2nd set 2 reps each leg every direction -- last set same as first
      step ups - 10 each leg bodyweight
      one arm chins - 10 each arm at 50/60/70 pds
      30 seconds rest

3x thro this circuit
      12 situps
      12 crunches
      12 pushup
      30 second jump rope
      12 pushups
      12 crunches
      12 situps

used 14pd med ball all situps/crunches except last 2 sets dropped down to the 9pd ball my gf had been using and she tried to use the one I had been

super sore today ... after 3 days with blue gene =x

going to take 3 caps around the time i usually would preworkout, tho im not working out -- tomorrow iwll be a fulll dose + killer workout

Comment

workout summary : WOW

warmed up for a good bit, did alot of jump rope , no weighted rope just the speed rope

weights was like this:

wanted to start with split jerk, but they didnt feel good during a warmup so i did regular jerks

jerks : 6x 95 pds -- first set behind head, 2nd in front, 3rd behind, 4th in front

barbell back squats: 10x 185, 225, 225
        DB rows : 10x 65,65,65
        30 sec rest between circuits

weight dips : 3x12 w. 25 pds on a belt
        ab wheel rollout: 12
        leg curl :10x110,120,130
        30 second between sets again

10 squats with 225

russian twists: 10 each side with 14pd ball
        toe touches: 10 each side
        leg extension: 10x110,120,130
        situps on the hyper extension (no back support when laying out flat): 10, 10with 15pd weight, 10 with hands extended behind head
        30 seconds rest again

10 squats with 225

knee up crunches x12
        jump rope 30 seconds
        12 pushups
        jump rope 30 seconds
        knee up crunches x12
        2x thro with 30 seconds rest between

5 squats with 135

ended on 30 seconds bridge and 15 situps with no rest between 2 sets

5th day on blue gene

weekend = rest + recovery, only supps i really use are protein and multi -- no blue gene/creatine/etc. gf will out of town and i will have 48 hours dedicated to school work (yippy)

Comment

watched we were soldiers last night.. good movie ! think it was the first we watched on our 46" tv which was coool..

pretty sore today, not as bad as the other day but im feeling it . lots of studying and a hardass workout due again monday!

Comment

Awesome workouts. I am enjoying watching the Jdiritto Method unfold. I have just started adding some rope work into my routine. If you ever feel the need to feel inadequate about your speed rope skills youtube search buddy lee.
            Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

thanks man.. my jump rope skills arent that good. I just started picking it up last fall.. it's frustrating! I may buy some of the gear from buddy lees official website, some intense stuff on the rope

its a great workout, especially with a weighted one. i did some googling and a website mentioned that weighted ropes arent ideal -- they slow down the spin -- they said its just as effective to wear weighted wrist straps and jump with a speed rope.. sounds weird, and prolly looks funny, but i may consider it. the weighted rope i got from nike sucks anyway and should break again soon (im returning it w/o a replacement this time!!)

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                jump rope....

its a great workout, especially with a weighted one.
                Werd

Comment

i got this crazy idea a couple minutes ago -- jumping rope in sand.

i bet that would be an intense workout.

i tried to googling it for some info, but all i found was crazy videos of people jumping rope on what looks like aa mixture of steroids and speed.. doing all sorts of crazy ss...h.h..

i feel good after a week using blue gene and taking off yesterday and today.
                  Last edited by jiritt0; 03-01-2009, 10:26 PM.

Comment

found the coolest site earlier -- guy has got a huge section on how to make your own workout gear:

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157

can't wait to build n explore!

Comment

That is an awesome sight I have used his medicine ball method to make a few balls that have been very durable. This summer I am going to build some atlas stones.
                      Dont ask for a light load, Ask for a strong back,and also some huge biceps while your asking.

Comment

lots of jump rope in warm up

DB split jerk - 4x4 each leg w/30pds

military press - 4x1050/60/60/60
                        depth broad jumps - 5 each cycle
                        30 second rest

2 rounds through this
                        12 situps on hyper extension
                        12 pushups w/ feet elevated
                        8 chinups
                        12 pushups w/ feet elevated
                        12 situps on hyper extension
                        between sets I did ankling back and forth the room
                        30 second rest

2 rounds though this
                        front to side raise-side to front raise - 8rreps with 12 pd DBs
                        30 second bridge
                        front to side raise-side to front raise - 8rreps with 12 pd DBs
                        30 second bridge
                        buttkickers back and forth the room
                        30 second rest

2 x through this
                        8 bent over delt raises - 8reps x 12pd DBs
                        12 supermans
                        8 bent over delt raises - 8reps x 12pd DBs
                        15 crunches with a 35 pd plate
                        jump rope for 30 seconds
                        rest like 10-15seconds

Comment

You are really putting alot of work and pride into your workouts. Looks awesome. Keep up the good work!
                          Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                            You are really putting alot of work and pride into your workouts. Looks awesome. Keep up the good work!
                            always man ive really been killing since fall last year. i'd put in 2-3 hour workouts out at my internship.. just killing it through a warmup, speed/agility training, and than blasting the weights and abs for a finish.. it was awesome, the whole place would be empty when i got there except for a handfl of adults doing PT over lunch.. id warm up off to the side and by the time they finished i would have the whole 10,000 sq ft (i think) facility to myself!!

I really miss that, but i've been making the best of the two rooms I have to use at temple. no more speed/agility training, and for the most part plyometrics are difficult to do, buut i get in good warmups, jump rope a ton, and do alot of crazy workout circuits !

hopefully, in the next year or so, i can get into another facility like Velocity , just be getting paid good bucks instead of internin =)

getting my CPT + CSCS/Velocity Internship were the best exercise/health things i ever did - i feel like my knowledge on everything increased tenfold since before studying for and getting them experiences

Comment

great workout today but it ended in pain! i was doing my last circuit through and in the middle of a set of dips i got an intense pain in my right pec -- my breath got rapid real fast and it hurt every breath i took.. i immediately stopped the set and walked into the other room where ppl were at and laid on the floor to catch my breath and move my arm around.. it eventually slowed and the pain kind of went away, it still hurts when i take a deep breath and its been an hour or so =(

warmed up good - lots of speed rope- was fu n

DB cleans - 4x5x35,50,50,50

str leg deads - 3x10x95,1125,125
                              DB rows - lawnmoawers - 10x65,75,75
                              power steps across room and back
                              30 sec rest between cycles

12 ab wheel roll outs
                              12 shrugs x 75 pd DBs
                              12 ab wheel roll outs
                              farmers walk across room n back with 65 pd DBs
                              30 second rest between 2 cycles

upright rows - 25 pds each side on a W bar - 12 reps
                              30 second 6 inch swimmer kicks with a static crunch
                              12 DB flies - 30 pds and 40pds on 2nd set
                              30 second 6 inch swimmer kicks with a static crunch
                              8 single leg hops across markers - R leg
                              30 sec rest between cycles

15 dips
                              8 step ups each leg onto knee high box with 125 pds on barbell
                              8 one arm pushups each arm on a shoulder height object
                              8 single leg hops across markers - L leg
                              30 second rest

tried the above for the 2nd cycle through and it was midway dips the pain shot thro

I wanted to do that cycle twice through, than go back and do everything from the first ab wheel roll outs over again, once through, with no rest between exercises..but that didnt happen, instead i laid on ground trying to catch breathe without pain =x no fun

edit: oh yea i also fed up my middle finger on my right hand.. it hurts a little hwen i make a fist.. not sure how/why/what i did

also, as a side note, my girlfriend and I found out yesterday that apparantly our landlord has been behind on the buildings mortgage for awhile.. and i guess on monday the house was put up for sale as a foreclosure, and the bank immediately bought it.. so, the landlord finally decided to call us and let us know tuesday... apparantly we should be getting a letter in the mail from the bank, and god only knows what will happen in the folllowing days/weeks/months .. moving will be really bad right now, but once may comes I would be perfect with it ... but i really need to graduate in May! having to move real quick will take up lots of time in terms of packing everything, moving it, and unpacking.. not too mention the fact i'll have possibly a twice as long commute to school.
                              Last edited by jiritt0; 03-04-2009, 08:28 PM.

Comment

finger and chest pains are better today.. both still feel a little tight/pain when I try to test them but nothing over the top. was weird last night though!

Comment

Working...
                                X