No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brutal workout

did a random warm up -- not as much dynamic stretrching but tons of jump rope -- like 75% of it was jumping rope

weights where killer too -- 30 second rest between every circuit set below

DB snatch - 4x5x25, 30 for the rest
    jump rope 30 seconds between each

front squats - 10x95,4x10x115
    DB inclin ebench - 10x40, 4x10x75

lateral step ups - 10x bodyweight - 2x10x40pds
    10 pushups
    10 weight crunches - 12pd med ball

weight str leg situps - 10x12pd med ball
    10 lat pulldowns with 150 --- 10 pullups --- 10 lat pull downs with 150
    8 opposite supermans

ended with bridge for 1minute and 10 diamond pushups x 3

Comment

jd, love the read can i ask what dynamic stretching you do?

THX
      Current Stack:
      CL-GM,WF,GG,PW,OT, ON 100% Whey

BB.com Bodyspace

Comment

it's full body stuff -- i try to hit every muscle, and especially those the following workouts focus on.

if i listed names of exercises, half you prolly wont know or the name would be mixed with whatever you've heard it called that I cal something else.. and to write descriptions of them all would take a very long time. ... but hopefully, in the following months, my website will slowly grow to include such information =)

if you ever watch an elite sporting team warm up, i basically do what they do. Ideally i would have 3x as much space and be able to include sprints and more plyometric drills but i make due with what little room I have at Temple

or, if you have a velocity sports performance by you, do the one week free trail and I do what you would do to warm up there (assuming the location you go to knows what they are doing). edit: your in asutralia , no velocity's down under!
        Last edited by jiritt0; 02-10-2009, 10:01 AM.

Comment

workout for yesterday was getting a big 5x3x3 foot box weighing in at roughly 200lb (according to the box) into the apt and set up with our badass TV on it.. then I spent about 90minutes drinking 2 beers and playing Wii while shooting the shit with my buddy that came over to help lift the thing (since my gf wasnt going to be much help).

Wii can be pretty intense, its pretty cool breaking a sweat while playing video games.

I am super sore from mondays workout -- shoulders felt numb waking up this morning, and now my abs/obliques are starting to feel tight.. i could be dehydrated tho .. havent drank much yet this AM

Comment

rocked it tonight

did a good warmup, lots of jump rope again -- i am getting the double jump down pretty good =)

workout was like dis

barbell cleans -- from hang position -- 3x6x95,115,115

back squats - 10x115,185,185,215,215
            farmer walks across gym - 60- 75- 75- 75- 60 (DBs in each hand)

leg ext - 10x110,120,130
            3x20 situps

leg curls - 10x110,120,130
            crunches on a swiss ball - 3x20

ended with this lil circuit

power steps across gym n back - 10 overhead side bends with a 25pd plate each side -- lunges across gym n back - 10 overhead side bends with a 25 pd plate -- power steps down n back -- 10 side bends again -- lunges down n back

my quads are gonna feel dead tomorrow -- i love it. i feel them get tons stronger lately, which is beautiful. I feel real good, real good. 2009 is gonna be tight..

Comment

no workout today -- doing academic work. got my 310$ int he mail for the CSCS tho, so thats cool!!!

Super sore from last nights lifts again -- friday im gonna rock the shoulders n back

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                no workout today -- doing academic work. got my 310$ int he mail for the CSCS tho, so thats cool!!!

Super sore from last nights lifts again -- friday im gonna rock the shoulders n back
                Whatcha planning on doin with the extra quid? Going out money on V-Day or some PW?
                Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

iduno..

eventually I plan on taking the gf to the melting pot -- local fondue resturant. we went once last year and i donated like 20$ to their charity and got 40$ in gift cards, so a dinner for 2 will only cost like 50$, which is still very over priced, but the place is delic (and my fondue pot is weak so i cant cook half the stuff with it at home)

we owe like 2,250$ for our new tv, nintendo wii, and tv stand.. but none of it needs paid right away (6mon for the 450$ tv stand, 3 yrs for the rest of it)

I think i might throw down 60$ or so for more chains (i got 1 set but it is way too light -- need 2-3 more 6" sections)

and the rest put toward a 500$ order at nike sparq store for tons of sport training equip (?) -- it was cscs internship money, so its only right i put it towards that use right?

fridays workout was KILLER -- did push press super set with jump rope -- chain bench super setted with split leg squats -- than 2 mini circuits of 4 exercises -- 2 upper body ones and 2 ab ones each

today should be just as intense. I got new shoes -- identical pair to my old nikes, just a new color set.. i was sad, i asked the nike lady if i bought 20 pairs if they could give me a bulk discount, and she said no, they only allow 1 person to buy 10 of a single product even!!! very sad, i love these shoes. i could wear them for the rest of my life if i had enough skrilla to buy a couple hundrend, haha

Comment

good workout today -- i got pissed though, my weighted rope broke by the handle. pissed off, for 20$, i expect more than a few weeks of use

weights:

DB Cleans - 5x5, with 35 and 50s for the rest of the sets

than a mega mini circuit -- all exercises for 30 seconds with 5 seconds in between to get to next set

DB pushup rows - 20lb DBs
                    jump rope (used girlfriends after mine broke on first set)
                    med ball toss at wall - 12pd
                    sit ups - 15pd med ball

next set was for reps - 10 each
                    back ext - 110,120,130pds
                    overhead lunges - 35, 45,45pds
                    jump rope
                    crunches - 15lb med ball

last set was for reps and time
                    med ball twists - 30seconds with 15lb ball (russian twists)
                    upright rows - 10x50lb
                    DB shrugs - 10x50lb
                    core plank/bridge - 60 sec each -- first set in pushup position, 2nd set half pushup position, half on elbows - third set all on elbows

Comment

bought 5 tubs of golden finish today... well worth the 155$ tag, especially since I got a tub and a half for free with thte 10$ wheycheap discount!

weights later on and some good ol fish n broccoli for dinner

workout today:

warmed up real good

DB push press - 4sets of 6, with 40pd DBs

circuit set:
                      3x10x185 with chains on back squats
                      3x 10 ab rollouts with wheel thing
                      3x10x40pd -- one arm DB bench (both arms, 20 reps total)

10 situps on a hyper extension thing
                      10 calf raises - 300pd, 500,500pd
                      pullups - 10 with chains around my feet - 10 with chains around my body - 5 with chains around my body
                      oblique med ball toss - 6 each side with 13pd ball

ended with 3x thro
                      10 situps
                      10 supermans
                      45 second side plank (each side)
                      jump rope for 45 seconds
                      Last edited by jiritt0; 02-18-2009, 07:47 PM.

Comment

great workout yesterday! sadly, i didnt get my post shake in, cos the girl and I went out to eat at her work (she is an academic counseler at the resturant school in philly) it was free, except for the 2 beers we each had, but it was really delicious and the building itself is pretty awesome!! we ate in this outside like european courtyard, sat righ tbeside a watering fountain and everything

warmed up first and then
                        lifts were like dis:

barbell snatch -- 4x5 with 95 pds

DB bench press - 4x12x75pd
                        core bridge - 3x 45 seconds
                        overhead lunges across room -- 35pd plate overhead
                        rest 45 seconds and repeat next set thro (did bench an extra set)

flat DB flies - 3x10x30,30,35pds
                        chin ups - 3x 5 at bodyweight and 5 on lat pulldown with 170pds
                        overhead side bends - 25pds
                        rest 45 seconds

ended with 3 quick circuits of this : no rest bet ween them

30 seconds jump rope
                        10 pushups (first 2 sets shoulder width, last set close grip)

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                          great workout yesterday! sadly, i didnt get my post shake in, cos the girl and I went out to eat at her work (she is an academic counseler at the resturant school in philly) it was free, except for the 2 beers we each had, but it was really delicious and the building itself is pretty awesome!! we ate in this outside like european courtyard, sat righ tbeside a watering fountain and everything

warmed up first and then
                          lifts were like dis:

barbell snatch -- 4x5 with 95 pds

DB bench press - 4x12x75pd
                          core bridge - 3x 45 seconds
                          overhead lunges across room -- 35pd plate overhead
                          rest 45 seconds and repeat next set thro (did bench an extra set)

flat DB flies - 3x10x30,30,35pds
                          chin ups - 3x 5 at bodyweight and 5 on lat pulldown with 170pds
                          overhead side bends - 25pds
                          rest 45 seconds

ended with 3 quick circuits of this : no rest bet ween them

30 seconds jump rope
                          10 pushups (first 2 sets shoulder width, last set close grip)
                          What were the 2 beer?
                          Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

i was shocked they didnt have a large beer list!

i had a bass pale ale and a yards pale ale -- i think yards is a philadelphia brewing beer and bass is a bigger imported one

i liked bass more, the yards was hoppier, which im not a huge fan of

ina couple weeks -- over my spring break actually -- her work is doing a beer week, which i think were going to def. hit up. she gets like 250$ to use at the resturants, which are dirt cheap anyways cause its student run (last night was totally free, they were beginning a new menu and wanted employee feedback)

going out tonight for my buddies birthday... not very happy about it -- gotta drive like 45minutes to get to his place which is like 15miles away.. going to a bar at like 830 -- and i found out he is going skiing tomorrow morning, leaving super early.. so it prolly wont be a late night, and he wont even drink alot, so its like why go? were gonna drive about 90mins round trip for about 2-3 hours out... whoopidty doo. my man has dropped so many man points lately, he is getting married in a few months and i am his best man, but i feel so horrible that he is doing it -- his fianncee sucks.

Comment

bought myself 3 tubs of Athletic Edge Nutrition IntrAbolic and some NOW acai extract

had to order the gf some multis, so i figured i would take advantage of the 2 +1 deal for intrabolic-- people talk good about it on bb.com, figure ill give it a go ...

making some home made granola tonight now too! enough to last a couple weeks haha lots of yummies in it tooo will hopefully love it in my morning yogurt tomorrow !
                              Last edited by jiritt0; 02-22-2009, 06:15 PM.

Comment

gawd

muderred ittt

did a great workout by myself ( no gf) from 1130-130, during my break between classes and then I went straight into teaching my last class. finally got to use my stretch out band and do some static stretches cooldown, which felt wonderful!!!

workout was brutal!

started with a warm up -- used a weighted jump rope again -- got my broken one replaced over the weekend, but this one will just break again in time -- dont buy nike weighted ropes, their cheap and only last a month or so!

weights went like this:

DB snatch - 6 reps x 25pd, 35, 35, 40, 35 , 25 pds

front squats with chains -- 10x95,95,95,95
                                hip glute bridge - 45 seconds after each F squat
                                45 sec rest between circuits

calf raises - 10x500 pd each set (3)
                                pushups - 10 , first set normal, 2nd wide, 3rd close
                                jump rope - 30sec each set w/ weighted rope
                                lateral steps - about 10 steps both directions each set
                                pushups - 10 more in same fashion asbefore

eneded with a brutal crazy circuit!

something like this:
                                12 situps
                                walking DB curls - 20pds, walked down n back across room
                                jump rope down n back room
                                15 toe touches each side (oblique moves)
                                walking DB shrugs --- 35pds down n back room -- held in static shrug position
                                jump rope down n back room
                                core bridge - 45seconds

did that 3 x thro, the last set I added 1 length of room to everything - so it was down n back n down again

freaking intense

first day on 5 blue gene, feel good so far , will update as to soreness and progress in the next few weeks/months using it

going to run 2 bottles of blue gene, than stop for a month, than run 1 bottle with blue up as well during more of a cutting phase (prolly add in reduction + ephedrine) in addition to normal supp use

Comment

Working...
                                X