No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats my sport psychology degree shining through, i <3 goal setting

haha =) goodluck with yours ice! Someday I'll have the family thing going on, and be able to think about getting out of debt .. but apparantly school debt is positive debt (according to a friend that just got a house)

worked out today, was good. did alot of machine stuff, which is very abnormal for me

warmed up for like 30mins.. started with 5mins on a treadmill did the active dynamic stretching stuffs, than did 5mins on a bike w/ arm erg

weights went like this

leg press : 12x 150,270,310,310,310
    back extension : 12x70,80,90,100,90

leg curl - 12x80,90,100,110
    15 situps (bent knee)
    leg ext - same as curl
    15 crunches (bent knee)

seated DB calf raises - 3x12x75pd each leg
    oblique work - 12 reps, 3 diff exercises
    30seconds rapid step ups

bought 10lb of dried egg whites and some OO caps to put bulk CEE and acetyl-l-carnitine in

also, as a side, the KC Chiefs hired Scott Pioli from the pats today as their new GM..hopefully they win more than 4 games the next 2 years!!!
    Last edited by jiritt0; 01-13-2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

just bought a dip belt, assistance strecth band, "power stepper" (lateral resistence tubing), and XXHeavy bands

looking into making my own chains too!! save some $ on the rediculous shipping costs for them..saw they were on sale for 100$ less than usual at power systems, but when i got to checkout i saw they added 20$ to shipping which is alot.. so I figure I'll make my own and prolly save in the long run.. if only I could make everything.. haha

lifting later, studying cscs all day til thann

Comment

good workout yesterday -- did shoulders and back some with weights, the warm up was most the workout, lasting about 50minutes

Comment

no workout yesterday -- had some TA meeting sin the am which were horribly boring, took up a good chunk of my day, and i dedicated the rest to some CSCS work -- re-learned up on anaerobic and aerobic exercise prescription parameters (yay)

also had my car in the shop for inspection which made travel harder, found out this morni its gonna run me 225$ for some brake work + the tags and all... been dropping a ton of cash since the holidays, this is nooo good.

today is biomechanics and testing/measurement evaluation procedures

going to wokrout later this afternoon.

Comment

great arm workout today

warmed up -- did a treadmill at increasing incline (starting at 10 -- increased 1 every minute til max out at 15 .. speed of 3.5)

incline DB bench - 10x45,65,65,65
            upright row/shrug / things -- 3x10x30

chin ups - 3x10 -- all sets, first 5 with BW on a normal chin up,p last 5 with 175pds on lat pulldown machine
            DB overhead lunges -3x5 each leg -- 20pd DB overhead (alternated sides for equal work)
            pushups - 3x10

DB bicep curls - 3x10x30pd
            step ups - 3x10 bodyweight
            dives - 3x10x bodyweight
            W bar forearm/reverse curls - 3x10x10pd each side

crazy arm pumps, and good core/cardio workout -- did it all wiht 45rest seconds between each circuit's set, and 90seconds between the 3 circuits

Comment

bought two sections of 6 foot 3/8 chain yesterday and 4 clips for it! now i just need to find some 5/8 or heavier/thicker chain and ive got my setup going =)

also went to circuit city for their liquidation sale, checked out TVs... nothing was really a good deal (or if it was it was sold out).. so my girl and I ended up going to best buy to check out their selection...

low and behold, my TV since the age of 16 has been replaced after nearly 8 years!! we got a 40" 1080pixel lcd hdtv toshiba flatscreen for 800$ with tax pretty sweet deal hooks up nicely to my toshiba hd dvd player and toshiba laptop, lol.

i guess not paying for cable the past 2-3 years has helped allowed us this beautiful purchase right now. I'm pretty stoked cos the PM football game tonight is on cbs and we get that with our ghetto rigged antenna hook up!!!!

Comment

looking forward to you beating the s*^% out of your goals

Comment

Originally posted by jaymdubbs View Post

looking forward to you beating the s*^% out of your goals

thanks bro, best of luck with your goals now and in the future too

worked out today -- did about an hour warm up, was pretty thermogenic

than only did a few weight lifting moves

barbell snatch - 6x95,95,95,75
                  4x ankling march back and forth across the gym

DB Bench - 4x10-15x75pd DBs
                  4x butt kickers across the gym and back

weights was pretty thermo too, by including some max velocity/sprint training drills into it

gave my girlfriend the 411 on why/how to do them, as well as some brief CSCS study materials ive been beating over and over in my head the past few weeks (tried detailing the stretch shortening cycle to her, lol)

felt tight all morning from sitting around watching football all day yesterday (great games though!!!)

Comment

quick workout tonight

was first day of classes, a nd i was in them from 1-7pm (!!!)

did a quick treadmill warmup, than 4 circuits of this :

front squats - 12reps at 95pd
                    DB rows - 12 reps at 50pd
                    shoulder presses - 12 reps at 40pd
                    pushups - 10 w/ one arm on a med ball
                    power step lateral shuffles

the room was very hot, prolly near 80 degrees, rest times were brief (1min or less between each circuit) so it was quick and fairly aerobic

studying hard tonight and tomorrow for my cscs test thursday (god i hope i pass)

Comment

no weights today, just a lil cardio and ab work

did a warm up for like 30mins roughly -- included alot of jump rope (weighted)

than my girlfriend wanted to do cardio for 20mins so i said okay, i spent like 5 hours studying in my office so i was kinda drained

i did this for cycles while she was doing that

2mins walking a 3.5 on treadmill at 11/13/15 grades (increased each cyle i got back to it)
                      2minutes jump rope -- went with weighted rope as long as I could and switched to a speed rope when i got too tired from it
                      1 minute sit ups

by the last cycle my calves and shoulders/arms were numb from it all, was pretty intense.

tomorrow is my big test.. kinda pissed cos i dont think ill get results til i sent them my red cross undergrad transcript, may take a few days/week !!!

Comment

think i passed the test -- hopefully within the next week or so i can get my paper work sent to them and receive my score!

on a side note, I just read an online article about michael irvin doing a reality show where the winner gets a spot on the dallas cowboys training squad and potentially a shot at the team.. sounds BA... wonder if it will be in philly and/or if participants get full paid accomodiates while being wherever... i'd be in in a heartbeat (id own that shit)

Comment

warmed up

than did 2 circuits x 4 each

incline DB bench - 10x55,65,65,65
                          DB flies - 10x30
                          jump rope - 30seconds

chin ups - 5 on a bar normal, 5 with lat pulldown machine and 170 pds
                          walking lunges across room with 35pd plate overhead
                          static bench press with 135 and leg raises to the bar x12
                          jump rope 30 seconds
                          12 bent knee sit ups

ended with 2sets of 10 - onlique crunches and diamond pushups

Comment

although I think my weights gone up 5-10lb in the past few weeks/months.. i feel like my defnintion is improving ...

Im sitting here reading for school and flexing my hammies while playing with the muscle, and i really feel them getting larger, which is cool. I feel real good about 2009, i think it's gona be the shiznitzle

a couple days closer to getting my cscs scores.. i got a fax to them with my red cross paperwork, now i just gotta wait for my undergrad to fax/mail them my transcript (faxed that request yesterday too)

Comment

just opened up a fresh tub of green magnitude for tomorrow.. Officially out of size-on after their sale from last year (had like 4 tubs lol)

should be fun. prolly will be out of powerfull in a week or 2 and than after 1-2 week off that type of product be starting to run some blue gene

Comment

first day of my TA class and I had 1 official puker and another (possibly many) almost pukers

haha

working out in an hour or so with my girlfriend.

warmed up nice n good

DB bench - 4x10x75pds
                                split lunge squats - 4x10x95pds (these are really hard..!)

step ups - 3x10x75pds
                                incline and decline flies - 3x10x25,30,30

seated calf raises- 3x10x75pds each leg
                                standing calf raises-3x10x600some pounds
                                one arm chin ups - 3x10x70,80,80

ended with some abs

bent leg sit ups - 3x10
                                good mornings - 3x10x55,55,75

than overhead side to side bends - 3x10x25pd
                                crunches - 3x10

ended with a final set of good mornings - 10reps with 75pd
                                Last edited by jiritt0; 01-26-2009, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X