No announcement yet.

Done with rehab time to build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did some cardio this pm. 25 minutes on the stair master. L hip flexor is giving me trouble. Any idea's on how to help this heal faster? Getting tired of not being able to lift wheels heavy.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

• Hit back today. L thigh remains sore and uncomfortable so cardio is on hold for the moment.

Warm up
      Lat pull downs 2x15x75
      t-bar rows 1x15x90

working sets
      t-bar rows
      1x10x135
      2x10x180

wide grip lat pulldowns
      1x10x150
      2x10x180

hammer strength single arm rows
      1x10x115
      1x10x135
      1x10x160

hammer strength bb grip rows
      3x10x135

db pull overs
      1x10x50
      2x10x60

That was all for today. A little groggy and slow this am. Focus was avg along with intensity.

Comment

• Slept in and took yesterday off. Today was cardio. Spent 20 minutes on treadmill and 28 minutes on stairmaster. Last 2-3 days have been brutal. The extra 1.5 hrs sleep yesterday was much needed.

Comment

• Hit cardio again today. 20 minutes on tread and 25 on stair master. I am going to increase my attention to cardio the next couple of wks.

Comment

• Had a very beery weekend this weekend. Hit shoulders and little cardio.

warm up
            lat. raises, rear flyes and front raises 3x15x12.5

working sets
            lat. raises db
            1x10x25,30,35

rear flyes on cables
            1x10x20,50,50

front raises db's
            1x10x25,30,35

db overhead press
            1x10x55x60
            1x8x60

hammer strength shrugs
            3x10x315

Cardio was 10 minutes on stairmaster. Then hit the steam room to sweat out the beer from this weekend. Drank 3/4 gal. of water during gym time.

Shoulders went better then expected. I decided to pre-exaust em with some iso. exercises preoverhead press. And it went pretty well. Feel full and swole after workout. Tomorrow will be arms and cardio.

Yesterdays workout was 30 min. on the treadmill. Intervall running. Walk 1/4 mile and run 1/4 mile. 2 miles total distance covered. Did much better than expected. Finished off with 3x15xbw on swiss ball crunches.

Comment

• Running late this am so only had time for tri's and cardio.

Warm up
              ez bar push downs/straight bar push downs 2x15x40
              straight bar curls 2x15x40

working sets
              bent over rope ext.
              1x10x80,100,100

straight bar push downs
              1x10x90,100,100

reverse grip push downs
              3x10x40

db kickbacks
              1x10x20,25

Cardio was 25 minutes on the treadmill. 3 min warm up. 20 min. intervals run/walk every 2 mins and 2 min cool down. First time in a long time I pushed it that hard on the treadmill. Total distance covered was 2 miles. I can really feel it in the legs. The tear drops are sore and the l thigh is still giving me some trouble. Tomorrow, I am off of work and will be wheel day.

Comment

• Greetings. Hit legs on Wed. and took Thurs. off. Today was a little rotator cuff and forearm work. L thigh is healing up well. Did light weight on leg press with 3/4 rom.

I think I am going to take a week off. I need some time to rest. I am getting to that stage of burn out/over training. Will pop in a little for the next wk. See ya'll in a wk or so.

Mike

Comment

• Hit bi's and a cardio sprint this am.

warm up
                  tread mill 10 min.
                  straight bar curls 2x15x40

working sets
                  db curls
                  1x10x30,40
                  1x8x50

ez bar curls
                  3x10x80

preacher curls
                  3x10x35

hammer curls
                  1x10x30

Finished off with a 10 minute run, at faster pace than usual, on the arc runner. Worked up a good sweat and leg pump. Then hit the steam room for about 5 minutes. Feeling good this am.

Comment

• 1 day off was enough. Hit chest this am. Giving cardio a rest. I am trying to get the left quad up to snuff. It's still giving me some trouble.

Warm up
                    bb bench
                    2x15x135

working sets
                    bb bench
                    1x10x225
                    1x6x275
                    1x4x315
                    1x3x315
                    1x8x225

db incline
                    2x8x70
                    1x7x70
                    1x6x70

db flat flyes
                    1x10x35
                    3x10x40

cable low cross overs
                    1x10x40
                    3x10x50

decline press hammer strength-weight is each side
                    1x10x70
                    1x15x70
                    1x8x115

I really blasted chest this am. Feels good to finally put up some weight on the bench. Tomorrow will be a light leg day. Feeling really good this am. Back on track.

Comment

• Yesterday was wheel day. Hit some leg ext., leg press, seated/standing calf raises, lying/seated hammy curls. Finished off on abs. Still having some L thigh pain. Not sure what is causing it. It only gives trouble when lifting and not cardio. Taking today and tomorrow off for some rest.

Comment

• Hit some rotator cuff work this am. Both abbduction and adduction followed by raises and push downs. Finished off with some russian twists for the core.

abbduction/adduction
                        2x10x40/2x10x30
                        2x10x50/2x10x40

push downs/raises
                        2x10x30/2x10x20
                        2x10x40/2x10x30

Twists were done on cables with 80lbs.

I was speaking with on of the md's I work with and he said it sounds like I have sciatica in my L thigh. Prob. going to get a medrol dose pak and kick it in the arce.

Comment

• Been out the weekend due to my choice. Was out the past 3 days due to stomach virus. I am finally able to hold down fluid and foods today. Hopefully I'll be back in the gym on Friday.

Comment

• Everything is back to normal. Will be back in the gym on Monday!!!!

Comment

• sucks man.. my girl was sick last weekend, and i got hit with it thurs .. hoping to get opver it this weekend ! we've filled like 2-3 trash cans with tissues so far, haha

Comment

• Hit some light chest and back work yesterday. Got a good pump going. Today I hit some light legs and abs. My damn L thigh is still acting up. Not sure what else to do but deal with it. Finished off with some crunches. Tomorrow shoulders and arms. Feels good to be back in the gym.

Comment

Working...
                                X