No announcement yet.

Done with rehab time to build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took yesterday off and rested. At least from the gym that is. Today was cardio day. I started off on the rotating stair case of death for 20 minutes. I hoofed it up 1.75 miles of stairs in 20 minutes. Then I hit the treadmill for another 20. All uphill at incline 15 and speed 3.5. Finished off in the steam for 5 minutes before I called it an am. Tomorrow will be back and cardio. Later.
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

• it was your shoulder you were rehabbing right??? (maybe elbow..heck, im not really sure)

how is that?! Do you still do rehab type exercises??

I hope so, and remember, once your fully recovered you can call it prehab!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
        it was your shoulder you were rehabbing right??? (maybe elbow..heck, im not really sure)

how is that?! Do you still do rehab type exercises??

I hope so, and remember, once your fully recovered you can call it prehab!
        I had bilateral tennis elbow and a right shoulder impingement. Yes, I am still doing rotator cuff exercises but not as often. I feel like they are stronger than ever at this time. My left forearm/elbow flairs up every once and a while but all is good. I believe the rotator cuff is probably the most over looked muscle group in the body yet one of the most important.

Today I hit back and cardio. I lost one of my straps so I hit the Hammer Strength (HS) machines instead of bb rows and db rows

Warm up
        treadmill 10 min.
        lat pull downs 2x15x75
        bb row grip hs 1x15x45,90 weight was each side

working sets
        bb hs rows
        1x10x115
        1x10x135
        1x10x180

wide grip lat pull downs
        1x10x150
        1x10x165
        1x10x180

close grip rows on t-bar machine
        1x10x135
        2x10x180

hs lawn mowers. kept weight down here to really concetrate on maximum contraction and mind muscle connection
        2x10x115
        1x10x140

pull overs on lat bar/seated hs shrugs
        3x10x75/3x10x135

Then for cardio, I hit the rotating stair case of death for 20 minutes. Worked my way up to level 10 for the 1st 10 minutes. Then I did interval training at 1 min intervals. Walking at level 4 and sprints ranging from level 10-14 but mostly level 14. I really hate this cardio workout but I love it at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
          I had bilateral tennis elbow and a right shoulder impingement. Yes, I am still doing rotator cuff exercises but not as often. I feel like they are stronger than ever at this time. My left forearm/elbow flairs up every once and a while but all is good. .

thats great!

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
          I believe the rotator cuff is probably the most over looked muscle group in the body yet one of the most important.

dead on man

a good rotator cuff move is to do the front raises with DBs, and when you get to the top, pretend the DB is a cup and dump the water out (spin your hand 180 degrees) -- so you raise DBs up with palms facing, spin so palms face away, than bring palms back facing, and lower DBs to side

also, when you do any shoulder work, i think its imperative that you keep your chest out and shoulders back -- it makes the work so much harder, but more beneficial IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
            thats great!

dead on man

a good rotator cuff move is to do the front raises with DBs, and when you get to the top, pretend the DB is a cup and dump the water out (spin your hand 180 degrees) -- so you raise DBs up with palms facing, spin so palms face away, than bring palms back facing, and lower DBs to side

also, when you do any shoulder work, i think its imperative that you keep your chest out and shoulders back -- it makes the work so much harder, but more beneficial IMO
            I try to keep the scapulas retracted and pull everything back on my over head lifts, and chest presses to better isolate the pecs. I will keep that one in mind. Most of my workouts are done on cables. Abbduction, adduction, raises and push/pull downs. I keep my arm at 90 degree angle the whole time.

Comment

• yeah -- those are the main shoulder/rotator cuff exercises.. cables and bands!

I just like the lil cup move cos its really difficult ! my str coach used to have me do them for baseball throwing, and ive been in love ever since (i might of done them in shoulder rehab too after tearing my throwing cuff, im not sure)

the rotator cuff is crazy you never realize how much it is used until you injury it and almost everything hurts!
              Last edited by jiritt0; 02-21-2009, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Took the last 2 days off for some rest. Did not get any rest but oh well. Hit chest and cardio. Woke up later than usual so time was extremely limited.

Warm up
                incline db press 1x15x35x40

working sets
                db incline press
                1x10x70
                1x10x80
                1x8x100
                1x7x110 last rep was assisted
                1x8x80

db bench press
                3x8x70

cable cross-overs
                1x10x40
                2x10x60

Cardio was arc runner hills/interval for 10 min followed by treadmill 10 minutes incline 15 speed 3.5. Chest feels really swole and tight. I set a goal this am of 100lbs for at least 6 reps for my final heavy set. I blew that away. I felt really strong this am especially for only 5 hrs sleep a night for the last 2-4 days.

Comment

• Hit bi's and cardio this am.

Warm up
                  straight bar push downs over-hand/reverse grip 2x15x40
                  straight bar curls 2x15x50

working sets
                  db curls
                  1x10x30
                  1x10x40
                  1x9x50

ez bar cable curls
                  1x10x100
                  1x10x110
                  1x10x120

hammer strength preacher curls
                  1x10x70
                  2x10x80

Cardio was the rotating stair case of death. Hit a new high today. Total time was 21 min. of hill x 10 min. and interval x 10 min. Total floors = 101. Total distance = 2.08 miles. Finished off with a 10 stroll on the treadmill at incline 15 and speed 3.5.

Comment

• Today was a cardio day. Started off with 25 min. on the stair master. Had the best session on it ever. Pushed it extra hard. Total miles = 2.5. Total floors = 125. Total cals. = 475. This was awesome. Then I finished off with a nice uphill jaunt on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Total time = 30 min. 20 min. were spent incline 15 and speed 3.5. The remaining 10 were spent somewere in between. Not all 20 min. of 15/3.5 were all consecutive. Had to break it up. Finished off with 3x25xbw crunches. Tomorrow will be either another cardio day or wheels. Not sure yet.

Comment

• Hit wheels today.

Warm up
                      treadmill 10 min.
                      seated leg raises 2x15x75

working sets
                      1x10x145
                      1x10x175
                      1x10x190
                      1x10x205

hack squats
                      3x10x315

seated leg curls
                      2x15x75
                      1x10x160
                      1x10x175
                      1x10x190
                      1x10x205

lying leg curls/seated calf raises
                      2x10x125/2x15x45
                      1x10x140/1x10x90

seated calf raises
                      3x10x135

standing calf raises
                      1x10x105
                      3x10x135

Finished off with 20 min. walking on treadmill to keep the legs loose. Speed was 3.5 and incline was flat as a pancake. I decided to pre-exaust the queads with some leg raises before hack squats today. I did not want to blast the legs to hard because I really need to keep a hard pace on cardio. I had rough wk last wk due to some extreme DOMS to the wheels. After the workout I had some extra time so I hit the dry sauna for 15 minutes to keep the sweat going. No work today so I treated myself to some sauna time.

Comment

• Hit shoulders and cardio today. Wanna hear about it here it goes.

Warm up
                        smith machine overhead press
                        2x15x100

working sets
                        smith machine overhead press. the machine I use has an angle to it so it allows for a more natural rom.

1x10x135
                        1x10x155
                        1x10x185
                        1x8x195

db lat raises
                        1x10x25
                        1x10x35
                        1x7x35/1x5x27.5

rear cable flyes single arm
                        3x10x20

seated hammer strength curls
                        3x10x135 weight each side

cardio was 32 min on treadmill mostly incline 10 with speed 3.3. kept it down a little today due to some doms in the wheels.

Comment

• Today was cardio only. I did 25 min on stairmaster. Followed by 10 on treadmill. Then an additional 20 minutes on stairmaster to finish it off. The bad part about today's workout is the freaking showers were cold. Outside temp is around 38 this am so bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

• Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                            shoulders and cardio today
                            Gotta love dedicated shoulder day !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pu12en12g View Post
                              Gotta love dedicated shoulder day !!!

I do enjoy a good shoulder workout. I espec. like that deep delt burn you get on raises. And all that work was done in around 70 minutes. That includes the cardio.

Comment

• Once again the no hot water at the gym today so I cut out cardio and will pick it up later on today. Hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow am. Did back, rotator cuffs and abs.

warm up
                                neutral grip pull downs
                                3x15x75

working sets
                                neutral grip pull downs
                                1x10x150
                                1x10x165
                                2x10x195

reverse close grip hammer strength pull downs
                                3x10x90

hammer strength lawn mowers
                                1x10x115
                                1x10x135
                                1x10x160

Felt a little clicking in L shoulder so I moved on to cuff exercises
                                adduction/abduction
                                1x15x30/1x15x20
                                1x10x40/1x10x30
                                2x10x50/2x10x40

push downs/pull ups and v-ups
                                2x10x30/2x10x30/3x15xbw

decline crunches
                                1x15xbw

L shoulder is a little sore at the moment. I took the better part of valor and decided on cuff exercise. I have learned my lesson. I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X