No announcement yet.

Springer 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went out to a haunted prison in the city last night --- http://www.easternstate.org/halloween -- was chilly so i put on some jeans for the first time all winter..

i wore my pair that used to be skin tight, very uncomfrotable, and now they fit rather loose, and feel good. Their some kind of designer jeans.. that i got on a good sale or i wouldnt own them.. never really fit me since ive bought them couple years ago.. but now they fit great which is awesome.

Comment

• the lack of my own PC with internet is holding me downnn on updates

hit it crazy this week. did speed training monday -- used a weighted sled with 35kilos on it (most i did yet) and prolly sprinted the longest distance/reps with it yet as well

did some weights and blasted it good, duno what anymore

tuesday I was on campus lifting, did multidirectionw ork -- tons of agility ladder and hurdles. felt good. did snatches and some pullups/pushups and jump rope for weights, lots of reps/cycles

wed. i was dieing, lots of pain in the back of my left knee from landing on one leg doing multidirection drills. i took it easy, but ended up doing a crazy work out. no weights, lots of thermogenic stuff, tons of jump rope + juimping jacks and jogging added into the normal 30minwarmup

than i did a workout of like jump rope, lotso f abdominal ball throws, walking lunges with a rotation toss, and more jump rope

feeling very sore today.. and really wish i had some blue gene to use cos i imagine it would be ideal for stopping this soreness. purple wraath seems to be doing notthing in th epast 2 weeks i began adding it in again

or maybe i train too hard to not be sore?

feelin great..lean n strong.. and agility/powerfull/fast.. thats what its all about

my balance is even getting sick.. utilizing alot of balance training within my workouts

flexbility is like 300% better than in august prior to starting my internship at velocity and the renewed craziness in my personal training

intensity + consistency = success

Comment

• worked out good today. did a warm up, and than spent some time trying to master hurdle drills than lifted for like 20mins or so, nothing intense with the weights.

Comment

• great workout friday -- did intense warm up, some thermogenic stuff -- mainly running sprints with a parachute and transverse sprints dragging a weighted sled, like 5 cycles of that

than i murdered it on the weights.. lots of stuff, some snatches and lateral box jumps, than a mega cycle of exercises, something like this

10 dips
          10 pushups
          10 reverse pushups/modified pullups
          10 DB curls (35pds i think)
          10 incline bench presses with 95pd
          10 squat jumps (bodyweight)
          20 sit ups with a 50pd DB
          and jump rope for 1 minute

did that 3x through and than stretched out

sat i was down in MD for the gfs grandparents 50th anniversy, had a huge lunch. the buffet was like salad stuff, borccoli + ham, broccoli + veggies, salmon, chicken, and roast beef.. i loaded up on the greens and proteins.. like 2 mega plates full ! haha

tonight im going intot he city for a concert , should be fun. hoping i dont get stuck in eagles traffic before or after , that;ll blow!

depending on how late til i get home i may put off working out tomorrow.. gotta be up at 7am to oget to campus to teach, no sleep = no gooood

Comment

• max velocity warm up

max velocity training

than some weight stuff

did like 4-6 cycles of squat, DB bench, DB situps, jump rope, shrug walks, front/side raise walks, jump rope shrug walks, pushups

squats peaked at a set of 255 for like 6 reps

Comment

• yesterday was a cardio/thermo workout

rode the bike for 5minus, did an elliptical for 5mins, and stair mastered for like 90 seconds (thing is too weird for me)

than i jumped some rope and did some jogs

than spent 45mins on the active dynamic warmup

did abs for like 30 or so -- straight leg med ball situps, med ball crunches, knee oblique crunches, opposite prone superman/skydivers, core bridge for 1min, hip abbduction/adduction (with resistence tubes) -- 3 sets th rough

than my workout was this:

1min jump rope, 1 min slideboard, 5minutesb ike (2.5 at lvl 6, 2.5 at lvl 12), 1 min steepping up & down on a 1.5foot box

cycled that through 4x

ended with 15 weighted sit ups, 75pd DB on chest and 10 side bends with a 45pd plate each side

stretched out for like 15mins after

today is a rest day, very sore waking up as always.. ic ould prolly of pushed th ro it to workout, but i have the morning off and got lazy, kind of.. spent it reading a textbook for class, yippy.

tomorrow will be intense.

Comment

• yesterday was a monster workout.

did alot of cardio/thermo warmup, jump rope mainly with some jumping jacks and jogs, I ran jump rope the length fo the track a few times, and i laterally jump rope the length fo the track once (very hard) -- shoulders were dieing, and this movement kind of hurt alot haha

than i did the normal 30-40min warmup, with an acceleration focus

than i hit abs for like 15-20 did a cycle like this 3x through

10 single leg suitcase situps
                20 superman
                10 single leg toe touch V ups
                bridge with hands on 2 diff size med balls (30seconds)

the last set through i did bridges twice, to balance out the uneven hand placements on both sides

than i broke out a sled and did 4 sets across the 30yrd turf

had 40kilos on it, and first I sprinted the length of the track pulling it, than I got low with hands on the sled and sprinted back pushing the weight (alot alot harder!)

ended with weights

did this stuffs:

1A) power cleans - like 6 sets of 4/5, heaviest weight was only 15kilos for 3-4 sets
                1B) barbell bench press with resistence bands - alot of sets, like 2 at 135pd, and 5 or 6 at 175, than another 2 at 135 (super setted with next cycle not cleans)

3 cycles of this
                2B) pull ups - 6
                2B) weighted DB situps - 15 reps with 75pd DB
                3B) Bench press (only 2x)

3 cycles of this
                1C) 10 pushups
                2C) 10 side bends with 45pd plate
                3C) 10 DB curls with 30pd DB
                4C) 10 glute hammies

DB curls = 1st set were hammers, 2nd set normal ones, and 3rd set I static held one arm in a a hmmer curl at 90degrees while repetitioning the other arm with a normal curl

than stretched out for 10-15 or so

drank a couple beers late when i got home, like 4 or 5..sierra nevade celebration winter ale (A+)... i was pretty wrecked.. and watched ratatoiulie with the girlfriend... got late night chinese cos the movies all about food and sparked my stomach..haha pepper steak..mmmhmm

Comment

• havent updated for awhile.. blasted it all week long.

monday was a great workout.. no idea what was done

tuesday i took off, had alot to get done on campus and a 5hr night class

wednesday my workout was mediocore, got parlayed in the middle cos of a staff meeting which killed the intensity. didnt do any weights just alot of warmup/thermogenic movements

thursday i did good. did alot of multidirection training. weights were intense -- i did like 10 cycles of this: bench, 4 chinups or pullups, squats. i used chains on botht he bench and squats (first 3 sets chains on bench, next 3 sets chain on squats, next 3 sets chains on bench -heavier-, last 3 sets chains on squats -heavier-)

yesterday i murdered it, but again got parlayed mid workout to help my director use dartfish to test a girls ACL to see if she can play again. the weights suffered cos that happened right when i was about to move to them. did a crazy ab workout and ran a handful of sprints with 100lb resistence on the sled .

m y glutes and hammies feel dead right now.. last night i felt like i could hardlty move even

was my girl and my 2yr anniversry during the week, so we had a special dinner at the melting pot last night -- some local resturant that is all fondue. for 35$ a person we ate a toonnn of delicious food!!! and it was cool to have them make some of the fondue right in front of us, and we got to cook our own dinner

Comment

• just bought 2 fatheads wooo 1for my bro for xmas and 1 for mee haha

Comment

• life is crazy right now. still working out, but no free time to do anything =(

end of the semester sucks

started using powerfull and white blood pre bed this monday. today im throwing in noxidant postworkout

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                        life is crazy right now. still working out, but no free time to do anything =(

end of the semester sucks

started using powerfull and white blood pre bed this monday. today im throwing in noxidant postworkout
                        End of semesters do suck to an extent. At least you can see the white light at the end of the semester. Free time will come in a couple of weeks.
                        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

• once i finish up my take home final (which will be near a 25page paper prolly) and grade all my TA kids and submit them, I have to work on making my website for my project and finding an internship location to get some hours next spring.. those are 6 credits from the fall I have barely even started...

next spring Im back to normal schedule with 3 routine weekly class and my TA horus.. may work part time at velocity, but I won't be out there daily for 6-7 hours interning for no credit/money anymore! haha

Comment

• dec workouts the past 2 days.. back on campus, so i dont have the space/resources to do the crazy workouts with sprints, agility ladders, hurdles, etc. but im still doing the warmups and same lifting principles from all fall.

fell real good lately, think i am lookin leaner and more muscular every day

but i just noticed today, after taking some WF samples and working out, that I never really get pumps anymore... I guess my sets/reps are too low, and my bloodflow is too good (?) I thinka pump is caused by vasoconstriction due to a muscle being overworked with a buildup of local blood in that area, or something along those lines.. I havent isolated a bodypart in a long while, but its great to be an athlete again...

the other day I spent like 30mins looking at arena football weebsites... thinking I may attend tryouts for the philly team next year (if i remember)... not sure i would follow t hrough with it, but it would be fun to try out and see if I could make the team, haha. and after looking at some of the pictures of the players, I would seriously hope I'd make their cuts!!! i need to get back into something competitive... i miss it too much. I bet i would be killer at track and field throwing events...since i used to play ball and pitch

Comment

• great friday workout today

did a warmup

than mini circuit

barbell snatches (full body explosive)
                              lateral step ups (lower body )
                              med ball bench throws (upper body plyos)
                              static bench press w/leg kicks to bar (shoulder stabilizers and core)

than i did these 2 supersets

DB hammer curl to overhead neutral shoulder press
                              wide grip pullups

barbell deadlifts
                              chinups

than an ab superset

overhead decline med ball throw situps
                              russian twists

and some swimmer guys i was workin with showed me a great ab/arm workout

did flutter kicks/6inches while they threw a med ball at my arms and i threw it back up (basicall more med ball plyo throws)

Comment

• this is weird, whenever i clik on quick rpely, it automatically takes me to the main reply page with quoted material in the thing... annoying

anyway, I just bought a gymboss (http://gymboss.com)

interval timer thing.. hope it is badass, should be awesome for circuit timing/interval training etc.

i will post results once it arrives and i get to use it!

Comment

Working...
                                X