Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdiritto
    I've never had a nice new car and i dont believe she has either

my first car was a 84 (?) ford tempo and than when that died i got a 2000 ford focus (very bad choice)

I would love to have a nice new car, not a used ford/piece of crap =)

got tanked last night -- went to this palce, world cafe live in the city and saw some good live music -- was expensive, but the woman felt luxorious with her new source of income in a week or so and hooked it up =)

def a good time and all, my buddy bought the main guys cd and i of course ripped it =) (myspace.com/mutlu)
    A good tanking is needed every once and awhile. Speaking of brew, I had a nice bottle of Chimay Grand Reserve 2 days ago. The weather is finally getting right down here to enjoy some good Belgian brews.

I know how ya feel about the cars. I have always drove Honda's but I just really enjoy the small car feel and handling. Hope she gets a nice ride and enjoy the heck out of it. I sold a 15 yr old civic last yr and bought a 2007 Civic. I test drove it and the Accord but the civic had tighter stearing and a little stiffer ride. This will be my daughters car in 5 yrs and hopefully then I'll get my 2 door sports car!
    Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

• i bet you cant wait for the daughter to get the civic ! hah

great workout today -- did an awesome warm up, than spnent like 30mins on agility drills

than did power cleans + box jumps - like 8 sets of 4

than i did 3 cycles of this :

windshield whipers (abs)(20) immediately into bench press with 105 lb (10)
      barbell roll outs(abs)
      8 DB rows with 75lb

Comment

• i bought 20lb of scivation whey yesterday too.. only 115$ wooha

Comment

• havent worked out much this week, getting caught up in life / learning at the internship = not fun

hopefully get one in tomorrow

Comment

• good workout today

did an awesome warm up, was feeling it good.
            than I went straight to weights -- did a ton of snatches...sets of 3 or 4, maybe near 10 sets -- super setted with 6 burpies with 30pb DBs in between each

than I grabbed two 45 pd plates, and a 25 pd DB and did this

held 135 pds stationary above head in top of bench position -- 25 floor whipers (ab workout) -- than i tried to bench it as much as i could

than i grabbed the 25pd DB and lunged like 15 yards with it x2 (one time it hoisted in L arm, other time in R arm)

than I grabbed two 45 pd plates and walked 45yards witht hem in hands with shoulders back and traps pinched (top of shrug position)

--- cycled that 4 times through

than i did 1 more cycle thing..
            did 15 ab roll outs with a plate on a bar -- benched 135 like 8 times (super hard at that point) -- than I grabbed 1 plate and di dsome side bends

did that cycle 3x through -- the first cycle, before side bends I walked 30yards with the plate held and bent at the bottom of the side bend (once both ways)

spent like 15mins static stretching post -- my flexibiloity has gotten like 175% better since starting this internship

basically, it was a great workout

Comment

• shredded it today

warmed up nice and good -- spent like 30mins doing it

did ABs with a 5kilo med ball and a swiss ball for like 20 mins -- lots of crunches and some bridges + oblique work

than I did like 9 sets of 3 cleans with 4 box jumps in between each -- the last 5 sets of box jumps i wore a weighted vest

than i did some bench with 135 -- held it str overhead and did 12 ab whipers, than benched it 10 times

than I did 12 supermans, and grabbed a 45 pd plate and held it overhead and walked straight ahead 30yards and straight backward 30yards

and repeated that cycle 3times through

did static stretches post to cooldown and had some scivation whey with steel cut oats =)

Comment

• i have not really benched or squatted since august, but I feel stronger and leaner than ever. Its ironic i bring that up today, because I am on campus all day and will prolly super set squats and bench or something...not sure, the equipment/space available isnt nearly as great as at my internship =( but i'll manage to get by

for too long was i stuck in a rutt training like a bodybuilder when i did not desire to get bodybuilder results.

Comment

• yesterday was a good workout -- did a warm up, than i jumped/ran through hurdles for like 20minutes (extremely difficult single leg lateral+lineral stuff included)

than i lifted a bit

did like 8 sets of 3 with snatches supersetted with 4 chinups each set

than I did DB (20pd) burpies with a shoulder press for 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds, jump rope 30 seconds

did that cycle 3 x

today my workout was so-so

got upset stomach feeling about midway through (right after warmup)

warmed up, than i put a weighted vest on and snaked the track (jogged up and down every lane) and ran 1 suicide on the turf (25yards, pivot every 5 yrd)

was gonan repeat that w/o the vest, but felt too sick , so i went to the bathroom and threw up a little bti

than i lifted for awhile

did 8sets of 3 pushpresses super setted with 4 pullups each set

than i did 8 sets of 5 str leg deads super setted with pushups

than i did 6 sets of 6 with motor cycle rows and glute hammie raises

tomorrow will prolly be an off day, got an open house at velocity so alot of work to do out there

friday i will be back to punish it for the weekend.

Comment

• killed it today

warmed up , was an intense one, added in more thermogenics to get sweat going real good

than is pent like 30 mins or so on an agility ladder- -- was trying to go through my entire checklist til i realized theres prolly like 75 diff drills, i hit about mid way and started getting very sore/tired, pushed on and prolly hit 3/4 or mroe of them but got sloppy toward end

thani blasted legs with weights

sprinted 2mins on the ellptical -- than i did like 6 cycles of this

15 ab roll outs w/ a barbell
                    8 back squats with 135
                    6 front squats with 95
                    6 overhead squats with an empty bar
                    4 chinupps w a neutral grip

did another 2 min sprint on the elliptical after like the 3rd set
                    and before the last one i jogged the track (hopping through my agility ladder on one foot for each leg)

than I did like 3 or 4 cycles of this

held 135pd overhead @ top of bench positiona nd did 15 ab whipers (? -- kicked feet to the bar and lowered them down to a plank)
                    than i did 12 pushups sliding a med ball back and forth under each hand
                    than 4 pullups

after that i cycled in 3sets of sliding back and forth on a slideboard thing 20 times each leg
                    (might of super setted something in with tihs, i would be suprsided if i didnt)

ended with 3 cycles of this
                    5 dives (triceps, rack bar at ankle height, dive down under it and push body back)
                    5 wide grip pullups

static stretched and cooled down

than i coached a multidirection class (taught agility ladder and cone drills) .. really blasted the kids with linear/transvere/lateral/and angle pedal movements! I really enjoyed it. not so sure if they did

super sore right now. ate 8 pieces of pizza the past 24 horus (they ordered at an open house last night @ internship, had like 5 pieces and than 3 more today after coaching immediately after working out)

wishing i had some blue gene, heard its good from dubbsss

either way, im going to start drinking PW while i workout out there -- i used to do classes with kids we train now i just do it middday when noones in the gym really, it's awesome. all that equipment and open space to play aka train to myself.

Comment

• Whats going on in here? How are things coming along?
                      Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

• things are good. worked out yesterdan and today. dont know exact logistics but i did intense sstuff

yesterday i did alot of accelerationw ork -- wall drills, weighted sleds
                        today was alot of core work
                        Last edited by jiritt0; 10-28-2008, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• murdered it today, and i didnt even touch a weight

did this cycle :

jump rope for a min, jog the track up and down -- 3x through

than i did this

slide board for a minute. jog the track up and down -- 3x through

than i did this

jump rope 1 min, jog the track up and down, slide board 1 min, jog the track up and down -- 3 x through

than id id that all over again 3x through with a 11 pd weight vest on

than i did it over again 2x without a weight vest (wanted 3 but I was dead)

than i had like a 30min intermission for a coaches meeting

than i spent like another 60minutes or so doing agility work through 8 drills or so -- some of the stuff the test at the NFL combine and any similiar event -- trying to laern the footwork etc.

than like 3-4 hours later i taught a class on multidirection, which involved alot of lateral movement , and another coach had me play a game in his class which killed

Comment

• today is def an off day.. my legs, specifically the knees are sore as can be.

i feel good tho, tomorrow im gonna go hard on the weights.

Comment

• great workout today

warmed up with a max velocity focus (lots of hamstring/glute exercises included) -- was prolly one of the top warmups in terms of difficulty/intensity !

than I murdddurrred dem on the weights.

snatches -- 4
                              explosive pullups (str bar racked as high as possible, like 1-2 feet over my head, and jumped as high as i could while pulling bodyweight up as high as I could) -- 10
                              depth jumps (step off a 4foot box and land in squat position, learning correct landing mechanics) -- 3 falls each leg leading
                              single leg balance while tossing a med ball side to side off the wall -- about 15 seconds each leg

did that cycle through like 6 x, first 3 snatches with 10kilos a side, last 3 snatches with 15 kilos a side

than I basically did the same thing, but i dropped the balance board and threw in dips --- tried adding 5 kilos to the snatch, and did 1 set but it was sloppy, so i lowered it back to 15kilos and than 10kilos for the last cycle

next cycle

incline DB bench - 45s
                              flat bench - 135 , with bands tied to rack
                              glute hammies - 12 reps
                              dips - 12
                              med ball throws -- 12 (raise med ball overhead, slamm it on ground between feet, repeat)

did that circuit like 4x through --- on cycle 2 and 4 I added in DB hammer curls to neutral grip DB shoulder presses with 30s for 8reps

than i spent 15minutes post static stretching with a band to increase flexibility more

overall i blasted it

3 scoops PW intra, 2 scoops golden finish post, and 3 scoops glycergrow intra + post all week long when working out. been using omega cre-ethyl thunder for the past 3 weeks or so preworkout, stuffs ok i guess. prolly got a work or so left of th at, than im moving on to either size on or green mag (prolly size on, got 2-3 tubs of that, only 1 gm, will have to check expiration dates)

all the coaches at velocity comment on how intense i lift all the time.. they make fun of me cos i spend like 2-3hrs working out once i gett here on somedays

if I dont drink any tonight, im going to have my GF check my bodyfat tomorrow morning with calipers.

monday i might try to get sparq rating on some tests, mainly the 20 and 40yd sprint... id like to test the rest though, would be interesting

Comment

• couldnt find my calipers so no BF testing =(

going home next weekend so i should be able to find them assuming their not lost in this apt.

bought alot of triad yesterday, as well as muscle milk recently through amazon.coms october deal -- 4 tubs and a book i wanted for like 110$ shipped (the deal was better when they did it in june/august, got like 5 tubs for that price)
                                Last edited by jiritt0; 11-01-2008, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X