RANT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumpity bump

just got back from the gym ... noticed there is this guy that's been in the gym at 5am with me everyday that I've been there .... also noticed he wears lifting straps .... ON EVERY EXERCISE AND SET ... not just max working sets like for DB Rows or deadlifts ... all of them

DB curls - lifting straps
    BB Shoulder Press - lifting straps
    Reverse DB Flyes - lifting straps
    BB Bench Press - lifting straps

I'm dying to shake this guy's hand and see how weak his grip is ...

and my rant is over
    jdouchebag for president

Comment

• Originally posted by strester
      just got back from the gym ... noticed there is this guy that's been in the gym at 5am with me everyday that I've been there .... also noticed he wears lifting straps .... ON EVERY EXERCISE AND SET ... not just max working sets like for DB Rows or deadlifts ... all of them

DB curls - lifting straps
      BB Shoulder Press - lifting straps
      Reverse DB Flyes - lifting straps
      BB Bench Press - lifting straps

I'm dying to shake this guy's hand and see how weak his grip is ...

and my rant is over
      Never Judge a book by its cover.. I wear lifting gloves with the wrap around straps. I do them with every lift, except legs, and wrist curls.. SO does that mean I have a weak grip too? No, Ill gladly shake your hand and crush it..
      If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

• Originally posted by House72
        Never Judge a book by its cover.. I wear lifting gloves with the wrap around straps. I do them with every lift, except legs, and wrist curls.. SO does that mean I have a weak grip too? No, Ill gladly shake your hand and crush it..

wraps are for wrist support, and quite different than lifting straps .... can you explain how your wrist will have anything to do with your "crushing" grip?
        jdouchebag for president

Comment

• Originally posted by strester
          wraps are for wrist support, and quite different than lifting straps .... can you explain how your wrist will have anything to do with your "crushing" grip?
          When I go and bend your hand down and snap your wrist into two ....

Comment

• we're getting a bit off-topic with how e-tough you are

the guy's grip is probably suffering since he's always using straps and never does any grip work in the gym

:QED
            jdouchebag for president

Comment

• Well, I'm back, sort of. Thursday I left to go on a 3 day rafting trip down the Descutes. I was guiding one raft out of four total, in a group of 20 people. Late into the first day, in White Horse rapids, one of the other rafts in our group got into some trouble on a rock known as "Oh Shit Rock", (seriously, that's it's name). The raft flipped, sending all 4 people into the river. One of the girls didn't come back up. They are still searching for her.

I'm still sort of in shock about it. I've seen dozens and dozens of rafts flip, turn, and fold. I've seen people get dumped, ride rocks, and come out bruised but alive. Hell, I've gone down rapids with no boat more than once. This is the first I've seen where a person who was wearing a life jacket (and a damn good one which I personally checked for fit and tightness) didn't come up. One of my best friends and some one I've rafted with for years was piloting the raft that flipped. He's very shook up about it and dealing with guilt. It's not his fault, but he feels responsible.

Sorry to dump like this, but I'm sort of down right now. This is a reasonably accurate news bit about the incident. http://www.kgw.com/news-local/storie....3bc1e126.html Anyway, I'm off again for the night.

Comment

• yo!
                Team Enzyte: Strong Enough For A Man, But Made For A Woman!

Self-Appointed MOD of the Champagne Room

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury - Groucho Marx

The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously. - Hubert H. Humphrey

Comment

• Originally posted by Team Enzyte
                  yo!
                  Nice Rant, Im speechless....................

Comment

• Holy Crap! There's 6 people in the forum right now! I had almost given up on this board, but man, it's cranking now.

Comment

• yeah.. its been slowing down lately.. o well still better than bb.com and busier than most other ones ive seen..

Comment

• why dose casein mix so poorly with milk?

from my experice, xtreme formations + on casein are horid mixes in milk.. but good in water..

Comment

• I hear that. I use the "Pro-Rated" protein you get at Costco. 6 lbs for just $25 is hard to beat, especially when it's a Whey Iso, Cassin, Egg album blend.

Mixability with water = OK, mixability with milk = horrible.

Taste with water = sucks, taste with milk = good

Still not even close to as nasty as the Met-Rx RTD protein I bought, once. I was jones'n for some protein bad, so I stop by the grocery store that sells Muscle Milk RTD's. They were all out, but they had the Met-Rx stuff. Hungry as I was, I couldn't even down half of one can. My wife, my kid, none of us could drink that shyt.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto
                            i just spilled a cup of green tea all over the base of my monitor, desk, and it ran down the back of the desk onto all the chords/surge protector on the floor.

that sucked.
                            Sucks indeed
                            Vote for Keyhawk for mod at a1supplements.com

Comment

• Originally posted by GimpyPaw
                              I hear that. I use the "Pro-Rated" protein you get at Costco. 6 lbs for just $25 is hard to beat, especially when it's a Whey Iso, Cassin, Egg album blend.

Mixability with water = OK, mixability with milk = horrible.

Taste with water = sucks, taste with milk = good

Still not even close to as nasty as the Met-Rx RTD protein I bought, once. I was jones'n for some protein bad, so I stop by the grocery store that sells Muscle Milk RTD's. They were all out, but they had the Met-Rx stuff. Hungry as I was, I couldn't even down half of one can. My wife, my kid, none of us could drink that shyt.
                              Don't be a pussy Gimps, Drink the Shyt.. Gimps, How you been? Long time no talk..

Comment

• Hey House man, how you been. Back all healed up yet?

I'll never buy another Met-Rx drink again. I couldn't believe how rank it was. I even called their customer service line to tell them to change the formula or something. They were all "We're sorry you didn't like it. Let us send you some coupons for more great Met-Rx products." Never happened. Met-Rx MRP bars are good and I still buy those, but they need to borrow a clue from Muscle Milk in the taste department.

Comment

Working...
                                X