Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdiritto

check these out too when you get the time

sounds like they may be beneficial for you in the long run.
    Why do you have to make fun of LAncer like that?. He stated he cant lift becasue of a bad shoulder, not becasue the Bar hurts his neck..
    If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

• He knows that. It was a good joke though. Injuries are part of the game, but it doesn't mean we can't laugh at them

Comment

• Yea, I guess, but I no injury is ever funny..

Comment

• Gotta get ready for the gym soon..

Comment

• Originally posted by House72
            Yea, I guess, but I no injury is ever funny..
            Like hell, injuries are very funny! As long as it was somebody else

Seriously, I blew my hand through a table saw, taking off two of the fingers (sewn back on, minus the knuckles) laying open the ring finger, and taking a 1/4" off the end of my thumb. I can laugh at it, and I don't mind when others do either. Incidently, it's how I got my nickname "Gimpy".

Comment

• Originally posted by GimpyPaw

Seriously, I blew my hand through a table saw, taking off two of the fingers (sewn back on, minus the knuckles) laying open the ring finger, and taking a 1/4" off the end of my thumb. I can laugh at it, and I don't mind when others do either. Incidently, it's how I got my nickname "Gimpy".
              My nephew did the same thing dude, but they couldn't reattach the THREE fingers.. so we call him 'shooter' (he is missing pinky/ring/middle, so just a index and thumb)
              Back to the basics!

Comment

• Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                My nephew did the same thing dude, but they couldn't reattach the THREE fingers.. so we call him 'shooter' (he is missing pinky/ring/middle, so just a index and thumb)
                Yea, them table saws do the buisness real quick and sloppy. I got my knuckles sprayed all over my shirt. My hand is messed up enough that Social Security conciders me "disabled".

Comment

Dam, Im glad you can lookback and get a good laugh, thats all that counts.

I can't though, I was out of lifting for three years, In a sling for 12 weeks, and had Physical thearpy for another year and a half. I know there is more to life then lifting, but when injuries interfer with your dreams and aspirations it's a different story.

Comment

Yea, them table saws do the buisness real quick and sloppy. I got my knuckles sprayed all over my shirt. My hand is messed up enough that Social Security conciders me "disabled".
                    Must be nice living of SSI at the age of whatever you are. LOL. SO why are you job searching, you said your boss was going to retire, Is Uncle SAM on his way out?

Comment

Must be nice living of SSI at the age of whatever you are. LOL. SO why are you job searching, you said your boss was going to retire, Is Uncle SAM on his way out?
                      SS conciders me disabled, I don't. I've never taken their money. I adapted and continued to work in construction. I even continued to use the saw that I did the job with.

Comment

Dam, Im glad you can lookback and get a good laugh, thats all that counts.

I can't though, I was out of lifting for three years, In a sling for 12 weeks, and had Physical thearpy for another year and a half. I know there is more to life then lifting, but when injuries interfer with your dreams and aspirations it's a different story.
                        Yea, that sounds about right. I went through 4 reconstructive surguries, taking 2 years to complete. Sum total I was in P.T or surgury for 2 1/2 years. When I was able to start lifting again I was doing wrist curls with a 1 1/2 lb db. Then I worked up to the 3 lb set. I still have both sets, just in case

Comment

Yea, that sounds about right. I went through 4 reconstructive surguries, taking 2 years to complete. Sum total I was in P.T or surgury for 2 1/2 years. When I was able to start lifting again I was doing wrist curls with a 1 1/2 lb db. Then I worked up to the 3 lb set. I still have both sets, just in case
                          Yea, I rember those days in PT, that weight was no joke. I had pink and purple dumbells I used, I think they were 1 and 2 pounders, I know whoppers.

Alright Im off to the GYM now..

Later GIMPS.

Comment

• Later House, enjoy the gym time

Comment

I severly rolled my ankle jogging a few months back..a few days before the super bowl actually..

The side walk was uneven and i put my right foot right on the tip of it, rolled right over the ankle;luckily caught my fall on a porch. had to hobble half way up a fairly steep hill than up some stairs into my apt

my one roommate puked when he saw it, i couldnt tell it hurt til i was in the waiting room. best part of it, i got vicodin to sniff, i mean take.

i was so pissed. i left the waiting room after x-rays to smoke a cig, and still got back and waited like 30mins for the dr to show up. horrible experience, but very commical.

what kind of shoulder injury is it? im too lazy to page back and see if you descrbibed it

Comment

• I had a slap legion tear or labreum tear they call it. I had to get 2 anchors in my shulder to attach the muscles together. That was the first surgery. I had to get another surgery becasue I didnt heal right from the first so I had to get another 2 anchors put in my shoulder. I also had bone spurs removed too. SO now I have a total of 4 anchors in my left shoulder, and my flexiablity sucks, but Im working on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X