• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by House72
    Why can't you squat?
    Fucked up shoulder, cant put any pressure on it. But I can hack squat

Comment

• I see, that will do it..
      If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

• I love doing back work, and my PR on Rack Pulls stands right at 400lbs. I could go higher, but I will need grip straps. Basically, with my right hand, I lift only with the ring and pinky fingers, and they want to give out on anything higher than 400.

Comment

• Originally posted by LancerV
          Fucked up shoulder, cant put any pressure on it. But I can hack squat
          Can you do front squats, or is that too much stress on the shoulder?

Comment

• YEa, I bet that is alot of weight to hold with two fingers. .

Comment

• The reason I can't squat is becasue I have 4 pins/anchors in my left shoulder holding the muscles together. So if it hurts anything like mine did, there is no way front Squats can be done..

Comment

• Lancer, you should look into one of these for squats...
                http://www.fitnetusa.com/mana.htm
                I've tried them, and while they are nice, for the cash I would rather go cheap and use a rolled up towel. But in your case, where a shoulder is giving you hell, this might be a worth while investment.

Comment

The reason I can't squat is becasue I have 4 pins/anchors in my left shoulder holding the muscles together. So if it hurts anything like mine did, there is no way front Squats can be done..
                  Dang, what lifts can you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by GimpyPaw
                    Lancer, you should look into one of these for squats...
                    I've tried them, and while they are nice, for the cash I would rather go cheap and use a rolled up towel. But in your case, where a shoulder is giving you hell, this might be a worth while investment.
                    Gimps do they balance the weight on your back? the reason I ask is I dont have the flexiablity in my left shoulder yet. SO when I put a bar behind my neck my left shoulder pushes it in to the back of my neck.

Comment

Dang, what lifts can you do?
                      I had two suregeries in the last 3 years, Im finally back in to the lifting game again, I started back in october of last year, had a 3 year layoff, it sucked. I have been going strong though. The only things I don't do, which I really miss is Incline straightbar. But I do incline dumbells, there my fav lift and squats becasue I can't, as I explained.

Comment

Gimps do they balance the weight on your back? the reason I ask is I dont have the flexiablity in my left shoulder yet. SO when I put a bar behind my neck my left shoulder pushes it in to the back of my neck.
                        Yea, they clip onto the bar (fairly solidly) and then sit on your shoulders and traps. They feel like you could do squats hands free, so long as your body possition was kept perfect. The weight is evenly distributed over the traps and shoulders, keeping the strain off your neck.

Of course, it's molded plastic, and I guess I fit the mold fairly well. Other people might not fit as well, and some might think it was molded around their skin. The fitness shop I buy from had them, and I tried it out there. Like I said though, they wanted $45 for it, and I'm a cheap bashtard

Comment

Yea, they clip onto the bar (fairly solidly) and then sit on your shoulders and traps. They feel like you could do squats hands free, so long as your body possition was kept perfect. The weight is evenly distributed over the traps and shoulders, keeping the strain off your neck.

Of course, it's molded plastic, and I guess I fit the mold fairly well. Other people might not fit as well, and some might think it was molded around their skin. The fitness shop I buy from had them, and I tried it out there. Like I said though, they wanted $45 for it, and I'm a cheap bashtard
                          I will have to look into that, Im not a cheap bastard. lol. But Im a big guy, Im 6'4 and My shulders are very broad, and have some size to them. Im gonna hev to find a shop here that might have it and test one out..

Comment

Lancer, you should look into one of these for squats...

check these out too when you get the time

sounds like they may be beneficial for you in the long run.
                            Last edited by jiritt0; 05-23-2006, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto

check these out too when you get the time

sounds like they may be beneficial for you in the long run.
                              I clicked the link with food in my mouth. Now I have to clean the keyboard

Comment

• House72 1,352
                                LancerV 1,043
                                GimpyPaw 480
                                storm shadow 445
                                jdiritto 423
                                Slated 314

jdiritto - you've got some catchin up to do

Comment

Working...
                                X