Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a good job with no College Degree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost power friday night (again, fucking ice storm), looks like I got alot of replies, thanks guys!

Originally posted by jdiritto
    um, google ACE, ACSM... i think those are the big too...not sure tho

most PT's prolly dont have degrees in the field (?); it helps if you do - more marketable, clients simply think your better cos you have the education, etc.

I'm not too sure on PT process.. I've really put it off.. I hope to obtain it over this summer; if i have time/money etc... i seem to always be saying that though... =x

Life's a bitch man..if you don't have a vision of where you're going you'll get swept up in it and get lost along the way... I've come to learn the more experiences you can get yourself into the btter (assuming their good experiences)
    I been looking into getting certified with NASM, looks pretty good, alot of major gyms recognize it.

Originally posted by RenegadeRows
    I was involved in music for a few years. Not rap but nonetheless.

"Every 5 out of a hundred make dough they say so" -wu tang
    I'm not talking $250 dough, I'm talking controlling your earth dough.

Find something else man, dont rely on music. Lots of people want to make it in the music biz. And only a handful do.
    I do music because I love it, it's a hobby that makes me some money from time to time, I know I need to find a good CAREER though.

Comment

Only approx. 23% of Americans have college degrees...so does that mean we have 77% of the population who are working stiffs? That just isn't the case.

Work hard and do what you enjoy. Good luck!

Comment

I'd wager alot that statistic is outdated, or misleading in some way..

Comment

Originally posted by Controlled Labs
          agreed, do what makes you happy and do it well. people will recognize it and you will do fine
          I agree.
          I am coming at this from the opposite end . . . going to undergrad, med school, and starting my residency next year . . . but I think the same principles that lead me to my career selection apply here. You need to figure out what you like doing, what you have a passion for, what you can see yourself doing 20 years from now. Anyway, once you decide . . . If it requires school then it will be worth it in the end to endure the education process . . . if it does not require extra school then see what you can do to put yourself in a position to achieve your goal. The key is to be honest with yourslef and spend some time to really think about it . . . it's not just about figuring out how to make a few dollars . . . it's about figuring out what you want to do for a living. So, take some time to think about what you would enjoy doing for the rest of your life and go from there.

Best of luck to you
          Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
            I agree.
            I am coming at this from the opposite end . . . going to undergrad, med school, and starting my residency next year . . . but I think the same principles that lead me to my career selection apply here. You need to figure out what you like doing, what you have a passion for, what you can see yourself doing 20 years from now. Anyway, once you decide . . . If it requires school then it will be worth it in the end to endure the education process . . . if it does not require extra school then see what you can do to put yourself in a position to achieve your goal. The key is to be honest with yourslef and spend some time to really think about it . . . it's not just about figuring out how to make a few dollars . . . it's about figuring out what you want to do for a living. So, take some time to think about what you would enjoy doing for the rest of your life and go from there.

Best of luck to you

Dr. D. What specialty are you going into?
            Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma
              Dr. D. What specialty are you going into?
              neurosurgery . . . mmmm brains
              Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Dave1
                neurosurgery . . . mmmm brains
                wow, that is a tough one and many years of extra fellowship. my wife may do endocrine or gastro.

neuro surgery pays 500,000-1,200,000 a year though, so you wont have to worry about eating or supplementation
                REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                Purple Psyko
                Gold Feast
                Blue Gene
                Blue Growth
                REDuction AM/PM Shots
                REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                Orange TRIad
                White Flood (5 Flavors)
                Black Hole
                Green MAGnitude (apple or lemonade)
                Green Bulge
                White Blood 2
                Purple Wraath (grape or lemonade)
                Blue Up
                Blue Up (Stim-Free)
                GlycerGrow (Elements line)
                CLAmore (Elements Line)

Toll Free: (800) 692-4558
                Tank "@" ControlledLabs.com

Comment

I once considered neuro-psychology.. it interests me, and I love how it is more scientific than most fields of psychologies, but I don't know if I am equipped for such an education.. lol

Comment

I am currently a comp. eng. major with a minor in comp. sci.

But I am striving to be a police officer. Odd combination?
                    Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Comment

Originally posted by malky
                      I am currently a comp. eng. major with a minor in comp. sci.

But I am striving to be a police officer. Odd combination?
                      To say the least. I am a (sport) management major with a concentration in law.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
                        I'd wager alot that statistic is outdated, or misleading in some way..

I'll take that bet...in fact 23% is a bit on the high side, my current stats show 19.5% of Americans have bachelors degrees and 8.9% have graduate or professional degrees.

The 23% of Texans have bachelors degrees...but there's more schools than grocery stores in this state .

Edit: the census bureau has a different number than the department of education...they are stating 27% of Americans have bachelors degrees...but I trust the department of ed more, you can check whatever box you want on your census form without any justification.
                        Last edited by JThompson; 01-04-2008, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOakman
                          To say the least. I am a (sport) management major with a concentration in law.

Well police work has always interested me and hopefully I can get into computer forensics
                          Failure is only a word. I don't plan on giving it meaning

Comment

Originally posted by malky
                            Well police work has always interested me and hopefully I can get into computer forensics
                            Interesting stuff

Comment

Originally posted by JThompson
                              I'll take that bet...in fact 23% is a bit on the high side, my current stats show 19.5% of Americans have bachelors degrees and 8.9% have graduate or professional degrees.

The 23% of Texans have bachelors degrees...but there's more schools than grocery stores in this state .

Edit: the census bureau has a different number than the department of education...they are stating 27% of Americans have bachelors degrees...but I trust the department of ed more, you can check whatever box you want on your census form without any justification.
                              probably a bunch of single bachelors checking the box thinking it means they are players
                              REDuction SHOTS are Now Here!

Out Now:
                              Orange OxiMega (Fish Oil & Greens)
                              Purple Psyko
                              Gold Feast
                              Blue Gene
                              Blue Growth
                              REDuction AM/PM Shots
                              REDuction AM/PM (and PM solo)
                              Orange TRIad
                              White Flood (5 Flavors)
                              Black Hole