Am I alone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
    one day i was in the gym and there was a 3lb plate on the floor in front of me.. Some fool came up and asked me if I was using it?!?!?!??!!??! I was standing there curling my 80lb dbs and he asked me if I was using this little 3lb plate??!?!?!??! I dind't say a damn thing, just looked at him...

So did he take the hint that you were getting ready to use it next for kickbacks.
    + =

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
      one day i was in the gym and there was a 3lb plate on the floor in front of me.. Some fool came up and asked me if I was using it?!?!?!??!!??! I was standing there curling my 80lb dbs and he asked me if I was using this little 3lb plate??!?!?!??! I dind't say a damn thing, just looked at him...
      Hey that was me, I need that 3lb plate to top off my incline at 1008, sorry to interrupt.. Runs away scared now
      If you have to cheat to win, why bothering playing..

Comment

Originally posted by browndustin
        Has anyone else ever dropped a crap load of weight at the gym like a total newb?

I was squatting heavy today, at least for a guy my size.... I had 245lbs and just did 8 reps because I like to go higher, and to be honest I haven't GONE any higher because I train alone and I'm comfortable with what I do...

Squeezed them out just the way I like them. "damn".... I muttered, feeling like I accomplished some strong sets. I thought I was going to have a rough day!!

Started putting everything back... took off a dime..... took off a 45lb... the other 45lb..... thinking that something's wrong I looked over to the other end of the olympic bar to realize that my dumb ass had taken all the weight off one end, leaving a good 100lbs with nothing else to counter the weight plummeting towards the HUGE glass mirror!!!!!

Aahhhhh, I'm so lucky, missed it by a hair!! But darn, lol, I left a nice little dent in the wall from the weights. Feeling like a complete goof, I muttered to the person next to me that "that's when you get when you squat hard I spose", feeling like a total dumbass...

Ahh shucks. I thought someone was going to say something or come up and ask me to leave, but the basketball team from the college didn't have a single person that could squat more than 135lbs, so I had nothing to worry about. My buddy assured me that when he's doing squats, flat bench or decline he's done the exact same thing a million times before. I felt like such a newb ass... no one that I really respect was there, but has anyone else done this??? What would happen at your gym if you dropped almost 145lbs from 5 feet?

I feel so burrrrnttttt.......... had a good leg workout though. lol, I just hope I'm not alone. Felt like someone needed to shoot me on the spot.

Haha, I have done the EXACT same thing, when I was squatting -- felt like a big idiot.

Comment

My first day of testouts at school I almost sent 3 plates and 2 tens crashing onto my coach. I hit 345x5 on the bench on my first set (best ever was 365x5, so I started low) and then on my second I barely missed 355x5 (got 4.99 reps, I just couldn't lock out) and when I got up I was so out of it I just started unloading the weight on one side (our spotters were supposed to unload the weight) and the whole thing came crashing down right when my o-line coach was walking by and missed him by maybe 6inches...he gave me the worst and just stared at me the rest of the session...I was scared shitless.
          Toughman 2008 Competitor...Why'd I have to fight the winner of the WHOLE THING in the first fight?!?! Training for next year...

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
            I did get stuck in the down postition once on hack squats, lucky for me a guy was there to help me back up.
            Machine doesnt have a safety on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Booty
              I have never witnessed someone falling off a treadmill, but I sure would love to see it one day! That has to be by far the funniest thing ever (as long as they dont get hurt).
              Yea Ive learned my lesson sprinting on treadmills never will do it agian

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                Yea Ive learned my lesson sprinting on treadmills never will do it agian
                That happened to you?

I hope you didnt get hurt.
                What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
                  Machine doesnt have a safety on it?
                  Only to hold up the sled, I was on my 5th rep and went deep and stayed there!

Comment

never dropped at the gym, the only time I "dropped" was when I was tring to bench too much at home w/o a spotter and had a hell of a time getting the bar off my neck. Utterly, one big stupid idea to do that. I was able to roll the bar down my ribs then sit up and roll it off my legs. I was so dumb when I was younger I did this twice. The second time I just lowered one side and threw the other side in the air the best I could, and scrambled to get out of the way. I can't imagine what either of those situations looked like and I'm glad I escaped.

Comment

Working...
                    X