Clear All

• erikdunbar
    replied
    ....i ran out of Green Mag. Sad day.

Leave a comment:

• farmerson12
    replied
    Originally posted by nkato View Post

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have this backward. Water won't create subcutaneous bloat on it's own. That's from the food or supps your taking. In fact, drinking more water should help with that type of unwanted water retention. If you're just talking about stomach fullness 'bloat' though, you may just need to empty the reservoir a little more often than the rest of us. I keep a water bottle or shaker cup with me during the day (25-30 oz.). When you get up for something, just refill it. I also drink lots more water around and during my workout than I do during the rest of the day.
    Nkato is correct. Gas and bloating is a sign that food is not being ingested correctly by the body. An inadequate intake of water will cause excessive stomach bloating. Water benefits the body by aiding with digestion because it supports a majority of the body's daily functions.Look at your diet. High fat meals can cause bloating. But honestly. There are a load of causes of bloating. Diet and water intake are just the main causes

Leave a comment:

• nkato
    replied
    Originally posted by jzepp View Post
    Have you gained weight compared to the mono? It probably was mostly water weight that i gained. I put on about 15 pounds in less than 2 months.
    It's very very unlikely that you were carrying 15 pounds of extra water weight. If you were bulking, some is water, some is fat, and some (hopefully most) is muscle. If you think the majority of those pounds were quality gains, go back to what you were doing during that time, including eating and diet, training, supplements, sleep, etc.

15 pounds is no small amount of weight, and any bloat you get from a food or a supplement should disappear pretty quickly after you stop taking it.

How on earth can you guys ingest so much water? I get bloated sometimes from just drinking a few glasses a day. How do you guys split the water intake up?
    Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have this backward. Water won't create subcutaneous bloat on it's own. That's from the food or supps your taking. In fact, drinking more water should help with that type of unwanted water retention. If you're just talking about stomach fullness 'bloat' though, you may just need to empty the reservoir a little more often than the rest of us. I keep a water bottle or shaker cup with me during the day (25-30 oz.). When you get up for something, just refill it. I also drink lots more water around and during my workout than I do during the rest of the day.

I just find it hard to eat 6-7 meals a day and also fit in 12-15 glasses of water a day besides drinking juice, milk and iced tea.
    Water will help with digestion and to flush your system, so if you're taking in more meals and calories, it makes sense to take in more water. Teas and many other drinks are often mostly water. It's hard to say what the effect on hydration might be though because there is such wide variety in teas juices and other beverages. I count most teas, crystal light, and similar drinks toward my water intake goals though. Milk, soda, and juice, not so much.

Leave a comment:

• erikdunbar
    replied
    well i dont ever drink juice, im horribly lactose intolerant, and iced tea is wayyy too full of sugar and/or artificial sweetener to taste good to me, so water is all i drink. Also, water wont make you gain fat, which seems like something you are SUPER DUPER concerned about (your weight overall) so just drink. and drink. and hydrate. and then drink some more.

Leave a comment:

• jzepp
    replied
    Originally posted by erikdunbar View Post
    You get bloated...then you pee. Job done. As for your question, I'm just always drinking. I always have a Nalgene filled and at work I ...uhh take one of those 5 gallon water cooler jugs, stow it under my desk and fill up whenever. Staying hydrated is REALLY important. I notice better digestion, better workouts, and better all around health when I drink a ton.
    I just find it hard to eat 6-7 meals a day and also fit in 12-15 glasses of water a day besides drinking juice, milk and iced tea.

Leave a comment:

• erikdunbar
    replied
    You get bloated...then you pee. Job done. As for your question, I'm just always drinking. I always have a Nalgene filled and at work I ...uhh take one of those 5 gallon water cooler jugs, stow it under my desk and fill up whenever. Staying hydrated is REALLY important. I notice better digestion, better workouts, and better all around health when I drink a ton.

Leave a comment:

• jzepp
    replied
    How on earth can you guys ingest so much water? I get bloated sometimes from just drinking a few glasses a day. How do you guys split the water intake up? I am currently trying to drink 12, 10 ounce glasses of water a day. Do you drink more at one sitting? Like i said if i drink anymore at one time i get bloated just from the water intake. I cannot even fathom drink alot more than a gallon a day. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• nkato
    replied
    Sometimes I think my tub of Green Mag magically self-replenishes. It's been 1/3 full forever. It's like it just refuses to run out, and that's not a bad thing.
    +1, best value to results ratio in the creatine market. I've had the same feeling, it's like a bottomless tub.

Originally posted by Dracoy View Post
    I love GB, been using it lately and wow.
    I picked up a bunch of GB during the broken bottle sale a few months back. I've been really happy with it too. GB on training days, GM on off days.

Yeah, thanks guys. I am so addicted to the number on the scale. You are right...it was probably mostly water weight.
    I get a lot of bloat from mono too. I tried a variety of different creatine products that claimed to be better than mono for one reason or another, but since switching to GM/GB I haven't looked back.

Leave a comment:

• jzepp
    replied
    I've noticed very little water retention on Green Mag. Love the stuff compared to mono.

Have you gained weight compared to the mono? It probably was mostly water weight that i gained. I put on about 15 pounds in less than 2 months.

Leave a comment:

• erikdunbar
    replied
    I've noticed very little water retention on Green Mag. Love the stuff compared to mono.

Leave a comment:

• jzepp
    replied
    Originally posted by Controlled Labs View Post
    it was probably mostly water weight with the mono
    this too. that is only 2/3 of a gallon
    Yeah, thanks guys. I am so addicted to the number on the scale. You are right...it was probably mostly water weight. I was 170 pounds but i looked really puffy. I am down to 150 pounds but alot more ripped. This weight was lost due to stress. I want to get back up to 0-180 pounds. I am guessing it will take longer by not using the creatine mono, but when i put the weight i should have a more lean look instead of puffy? Attached is is what i looked like before with the creatine mono. I do not know if it is just me, but i dont seem to look that much smaller even though i have lost 20 pounds. My avatar is what i look like now.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jzepp; 05-03-2010, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Controlled Labs
    replied
    I am following the same diet as i did before with the creatine monohydrate where i was gaining weight. I am taking in about 120 ounces of water a day.
    it was probably mostly water weight with the mono
    i would suggest more water. Less than 1 gallon a day? i dont think i'd be able to survive on that little.
    this too. that is only 2/3 of a gallon

Leave a comment:

• erikdunbar
    replied
    i would suggest more water. Less than 1 gallon a day? i dont think i'd be able to survive on that little.

Leave a comment:

• jzepp
    replied
    Originally posted by Controlled Labs View Post
    if you havent gained any weight, its not the supps, its diet, you need more calories. also, how much water are you taking in?
    I am following the same diet as i did before with the creatine monohydrate where i was gaining weight. I am taking in about 120 ounces of water a day.

Leave a comment:

• Controlled Labs
    replied
    I have been using GM and WF for 5 weeks now and have not gained a single ounce of weight. I am eating big as i have always done when starting a mass cycle. Compared to when i was taking EAS phosphagen HP i would have gained at least 5-7 pounds by now. What am i doing wrong? Could i be a non responder to GM?
    if you havent gained any weight, its not the supps, its diet, you need more calories. also, how much water are you taking in?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X