CL Supps and Atkins Diet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL Supps and Atkins Diet??

I currently weigh 362 down from 422 since July 6. My weight loss has come to a stand still for the last 3 weeks. I've been doing the atkins diet since july 6th. Any recommendations on with CL supps I should add to my program? Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I'm 25 years old.

Red Acid 2, and more cardio, less calories.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Anyone have any other supps to add?

Comment

Originally posted by big_dippin
        Thanks for the response. Anyone have any other supps to add?
        Can you tell us more about your program ?

How often are you hitting the gym, and what type of rep range / protocol / split ?

How often are you doing cardio and what type of intensity ?

Welcome to the forum !!

Comment

I think PT will help you a lot BD, just give him all the info you can, and you'll be a ripped 250 in no time
          A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

How tall are you?

Comment

First of all, thanks for the responses and welcoming me to the forum.

Im 6'1'' and my workout looks like this:

I'm in the gym a total of 6 days per week unless I take one off to go golfing. That is coming to an end though as the weather gets worse.

I've been doing higher reps (8-12) for my workouts trying to help tone.
              Heres my current split, been looking into changing it up. It seems I'm not getting stronger.

Sun: Legs
              Mon: Chest
              Tues: Arms
              Wens: Back
              Thurs: Shoulders
              Fri: Cardio only-This is usually my golf day.
              Sat: Off

I try to hit abs 3-4 days a week.

I hit cardio 4 days a week, trying to keep my heart rate around 140-150 area. Usually, a brisk incline walk will do it for me.
              I was wanting to switch up my workouts to look like this: Please critique

Sun: Legs
              Mon: Chest/Back
              Tues: Shoulders/Arms
              Wens: Legs
              Thurs: Chest/Back
              Fri: Shoulders/Arms
              Sat: Off

Comment

With doing the Atkins your body will hit a plateau and usually a chet day will kick it back into gear (if that works for you and yoru goals). Also are you taking in any artificial sugars or diet drinks?

Comment

I drink 1 Vault Zero for energy purposes only. The rest of the time, its water, water, water. If I skip the Vault Zero, then its black coffee for me.

Comment

I did atkins last year. Lost a fast 50, from 265 to about 220 was easy. Now I'm at a steady 197...But then I had a standstill too. He's right, you gotta cheat from time to time. Once your body goes into ketosis, its like a fat burning machine. I was also playin basketball everyday while doin it, so it was even more drastic. I had to stop cuz my cholesterol went through the roof. But other than that, it wasnt the smartest diet I ever did, but it was the most effective. After that, it seems my body is very CARB SENSITIVE. The only carbs I try to get is wheat bread, and green vegetables. The funny part is I started losing more when I started lifting too. Muscle burns fat, theres no way around it. Plus with all the weight loss, you definately dont wanna sag. I would definately start off with white blood/ green bulge.......it gave my workouts so much more meaning. Now I'm on wb/gb/gg/ra2/ and about to add PW. Good luck and dont stop seein yourself the way u wanna be......thats the key!!!
                    Faith is the substance of things hoped for......HEBREWS

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Also personally I would reduce your rep range slightly and aim for heavier loads for fewer reps try switching it up to between 6-10 reps per set. I don't know what exercises you are doing but avoid machines unless absolutely necessary try and use freeweights wherever possible, this burns more calories and will give better overall development.

Try throwing in some compound movements on leg days say on one leg day do deadlifts along with your leg workout and on the other do squats, both great calorie burners, and both are excellent for building overall and core strength, for deadlift I would even go as low as 4 reps but for squats try and keep the reps at 8 and above, I find legs respond well to a mixture of medium to high reps and drop sets/super sets now and again to shock them.

On the supplement front green bulge is excellent having tried it in the past I can highly recommend it, however having now tried green mag so far for a couple of weeks I reckon its just as good if not better, and its really good if you mix it with 2-4g of bulk ALCAR pre-workout, and if you can find any bulk EAA's are a great addition to those two, along side all this a quality fat burner would be a good choice such as red acid 2,man scorchv3, and diesel fuel in my opinion those are the three safest,healthiest, and most efficient fat burners out there.

hope that lots helpful

Comment

thanks

Comment

Heres a sample of my daily diet. Please critique!

Breakfast: 415 am- either sausage patties or gaetta w/ 2 eggs
                            1 glass of water

then off to work.

Lunch: 1030 am- either 1 6 oz can of low sodium tuna or 1 can of vienna sausages. Drink either bottle of water or have 1 can of vault zero (no carb energy drink)

Work out at 230 PM- drink water throughout.

Dinner: 430 pm- usually consists of 2 hamburgers w/ cheese. Maybe a slice or 2 of onion and my carbs, brocolli, colliflower, or green beans. If not hamburgers, then chicken, steak, or fish.

I know I need to add more food in throughout the day. I really don't have any cravings. I was looking at adding a protein shake between breakfast and lunch.

I'm still trying to decide on what supplements to take to help aid my journey into being in shape again. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tommygnz
                              I did atkins last year. Lost a fast 50, from 265 to about 220 was easy. Now I'm at a steady 197...But then I had a standstill too. He's right, you gotta cheat from time to time. Once your body goes into ketosis, its like a fat burning machine. I was also playin basketball everyday while doin it, so it was even more drastic. I had to stop cuz my cholesterol went through the roof. But other than that, it wasnt the smartest diet I ever did, but it was the most effective. After that, it seems my body is very CARB SENSITIVE. The only carbs I try to get is wheat bread, and green vegetables. The funny part is I started losing more when I started lifting too. Muscle burns fat, theres no way around it. Plus with all the weight loss, you definately dont wanna sag. I would definately start off with white blood/ green bulge.......it gave my workouts so much more meaning. Now I'm on wb/gb/gg/ra2/ and about to add PW. Good luck and dont stop seein yourself the way u wanna be......thats the key!!!

I am starting a cycle of GB/WB/RA2 tomorrow and need to loose a good 30-50lbs. I have been flipping back and forth between lifting heavy, eating lots but clean to build muscle & burn fat and lifting as well as cardio but not eating much. After reading your post and doing some other research I am considering trying Atkins. Any advice or suggestions on how to start would be greatly appreciated.
                              Thanks.
                              I am a Gladiator, not an athlete. Athletes play baseball...nobody plays Bodybuilding!

Comment

Working...
                              X