Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/27/09:

Blue Gene: 5 caps; 45min Pre
    Green Mag: 1 scoop; 30min Pre with 18oz water (mixed with WF)
    White Flood: 2 scoops; 20min Pre with 18oz water (mixed with GM)
    Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: 1.5 scoop PW for Cardio; Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT for Weight Training; Intra with 24oz water
    Golden Gains: 2 scoops; Post with 26oz water
    Orange Triad: 6 Tabs; 2/2/2
    REDuction PM: 2 Tabs; 45min before Bed

SHOULDERS
    Superset... Standing Military Press (Smith Machine) - 65 3x12; Upright Rows (Smith Machine) - 45 3x12
    Superset... Shrugs (Smith Machine) - 85 3x12; DB Rear Delt. Fly - 5 3x12
    Superset... DB Front Raise - 8 3x10; DB Lat. Raise - 8 3x10

BI's/TRI's
    Superset... Incline DB Bicep Curl - 15 3x12; Decline DB Skull Crushers - 15 3x15
    Superset... Cable Supermans - 35 3x12; DB Hammer Preacher Curls - 15 3x12
    Superset... Cable Rope Pulldown (Triceps) - 60 3x10; DB Kickbacks - 10 3x10

Cardio: Spin Class - 45min

Ok... so doing heavy legs the night before early morning Spin Class = Hammy's are DEAD. This is also my first time doing Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's only and doing more than 2 of each. So I'll be interested to see how I feel in the a.m. They were def. at failure by the time I finished. Think I will really see some improvements with this new set up!

Glad to be back on my GM/WF combo though!!!
    ~Julie

Currently Taking:
    - CL's WF, BG, GB, PW, GGs, OT, OX

My CL 2010 Log: http://controlledlabsforum.com/showt...283#post124283

Comment

1/28/09:

Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT; Intra with 24oz water

CHEST
      Bench (Med. Grip) - 75 1x15, 105 2x10, 110 2x10
      DB Chest Press - 35 3x15
      Incline BB Press - 65 3x12
      Cable Fly - 23 3x12
      Spyder Pushups - 2x30

BACK
      Smith Machine Bent Over BB Row - 50 3x10
      Seated DB Rear Fly - 5 3x12
      Swiss Ball Hyperextensions - 3x15
      Pull ups - 3x15
      Chin-ups - 3x15

Cardio: Elliptical - 30min (Total Body Setting)

Goal accomplished - I'm officially sore from head to toe... I like it! lol Still got 2 more days to go, but might have to take a day of legs off. Hammy's are exceptionally fatigued/tired. Might swim or do yoga on leg day instead. Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's next!
      ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Soreness is a horrible gauge of performance -- anyone can train for soreness.. any coach can make a workout up that just destroys people...

It takes thought and understanding to effectively and efficiently develop optimal progressions towards a goal.

Soreness doesn't equal results. It equals an inability to efficiently design a program and/or recovery from said program design.

Remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
          Soreness is a horrible gauge of performance -- anyone can train for soreness.. any coach can make a workout up that just destroys people...

It takes thought and understanding to effectively and efficiently develop optimal progressions towards a goal.

Soreness doesn't equal results. It equals an inability to efficiently design a program and/or recovery from said program design.

Remember that.
          I do not gauge my performance on soreness. It just makes me feel like I accomplished something (mentally not physically). But I don't agree that soreness means my program isn't designed correctly. A reasonable amount of soreness is acceptable as far as I'm concerned. I like to push and test limits. Safe doesn't work for me.
          ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Originally posted by JC32 View Post

Goal accomplished - I'm officially sore from head to toe... I like it!

Clearly you could see how this statement might lead one to believe you have an outcome orientated goal from training that is to become sore from head to toe, which you later derive satisfaction and a sense of personal accomplishment from.

This is what gives me the impression that you employ soreness as a marker of performance ... the fact that psychologically soreness makes you feel as if you did something productive.

Yeah, you lift weights, you'll experience DOMS to an extent... that doesn't mean you lift weights to get the DOMS, does it?

Regardless, agree to disagree right?
            Last edited by jiritt0; 01-29-2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Clearly you could see how this statement might lead one to believe you have an outcome orientated goal from training that is to become sore from head to toe, which you later derive satisfaction and a sense of personal accomplishment from.

This is what gives me the impression that you employ soreness as a marker of performance ... the fact that psychologically soreness makes you feel as if you did something productive.

Yeah, you lift weights, you'll experience DOMS to an extent... that doesn't mean you lift weights to get the DOMS, does it?

Regardless, agree to disagree right?
              I can totally see how that could be misunderstood. I certainly don't define my progress/workouts by soreness and I def. don't lift to have DOMS. I 100% agree with you on that. I just meant that mentally it lets me know that I'm pushing hard enough (if that makes sense). I'm a results oriented person, and a numbers girl... Let me explain by an example, lol. If I bench 115 and I'm not sore, I'd still be exceptionally happy. If I bench 110, but I'm sore... I'm not going to be happy. If I bench 115 AND I'm a little sore... I'm a happy camper because then I know I pushed to the limit. Does that make any more rational sense?? lol I think we are actually agreeing, it's just not coming out right.
              Last edited by JC32; 01-29-2010, 05:16 PM.
              ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Originally posted by JC32 View Post
                I think we are actually agreeing, it's just not coming out right.

That is the downfall of forums...

I like to think about everything; the more i find myself thinking about stuff, even if it is very random or the smallest detail possible, the more i feel i am able to improve the big picture..which is what its all about

Comment

Soreness (not necessarily DOMS) has been ONE very important indicator for me, directly related to measurable growth

Comment

I feel sorry for your body! Shouldn't the #1 indicator directly related to growth be just that, measurable growth?!

I hate soreness. I like improving, without pain. It's win-win, you improve, and you feel good about yourself outside of the gym.. this is even more so important in athletics, when the individual must practice or compete during the season outside of training.. if you bust them up and than they gotta play 60minutes 2-3days later, they'll hate you/never come back.. or at the very least perform poorly (less than optimally) all in a state of increased risk of injuries!
                    Last edited by jiritt0; 02-01-2010, 06:01 AM.

Comment

1/29/09:

Purple Wraath/Purple InTrain: 1.5 scoop PW for Cardio; Mix 1 scoop PW with 1 scoop PiT for Weight Training; Intra with 24oz water
                      Golden Gains: No GGs today, went to Bday Party Dinner immediately after...

SHOULDERS
                      Superset... Seated BB Military Press - 70 3x12; Seated DB Military Press - 25 3x12
                      Lateral Raise Machine - 50 3x10
                      Superset... Sword Pulls - 7 3x15; Theraband Rear Delt Flys - 3x15

BI's/TRI's
                      Curl Bar Skull Crushers to Tricep Press - 57.5 3x15
                      Cable Bicep Curl - 60 3x10
                      Superset... Single Arm Cable Stepout (Rope) - 35 3x12; Concentration Curls (on Swiss Ball) - 20 3x10
                      Reverse Cable Bar (Triceps) - 65 3x10
                      Reverse (Palm Down) Cable Bar Curl (Brachialis) - 40 3x10
                      Preacher Curl Machine - 45 3x12
                      Tricep Press Machine - 115 3x15

Well it was wicked cold today. So, I have to say I looked pretty jazzy in my CL blue skully and matching blue shirt (with longsleave under).
                      ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

1/30/09:
                        Did 45min of High Energy Yoga in place of a Leg Workout (was fatigued/sore).

2/1/09:

CHEST
                        Bench Press - 75 3x15, 110 1x10, 115 2x10
                        Smith Machine Incline Press - 75 3x15
                        Supine DB Fly - 15 3x12
                        Cable Fly - 25 3x10
                        Double Chest Press Machine - 72 3x10

BACK
                        Lat Pulldown - 95 3x10
                        Seated DB Rear Fly - 5 3x12
                        Cable Rows (Narrow) - 85 3x12
                        SLDL - 85 3x12
                        Smith Machine Bent Over Row - 55 3x12

Cardio: Spin Class (Power Sculpt) - 45min

Mind = Felt like a machine today. I went up in weight and/or reps in every exercise I think. I really feel switching from GB to GM has been the difference lately (maybe in my head/maybe not). Maybe I'm just back in the groove of working out consitantly again (now that the holidays/traveling/weather is over). Diggin these new workouts. Plus, I was rockin my NEW orange CL T-Shirt. Gotta say it's pretty damn awesome -- maybe thats where the extra umph came from... lol Pics very soon!
                        ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

I may have brought this up before, i feel like i did to someone.. but I am curious if you have ever considered what 6 caps of orange triad a day is doing to your body?!

I am around 250pds, primarily lean tissue, train significantly heavier with more complex movements, and only take 6 caps on workout days - and thats assuming i'm lucky enough to have time/remember every serving with food... i refuse to take more than 1 pill at a time - closest i may get is 1 immediately post with a shake and another 1-2hours later with a meal...on recovery days I may only take 3-4 (depending on nutrition intake/form of active recovery)

I am going to have my fiancee begin using orange triad once she runs out of the opti-woman i used to buy for her, but I am only going to recommend she takes 3-4 caps on training days and 2-3 caps on non-training days (depending on how clean are nutrition is).

Quite frankly, if you give this consideration and have the slightest wonder if you are damanging your kidneys/liver or execreting through urine a large amount of the 6 pills, I would highly recommend you lower your intake and see if you notice any sizable/significant differences (I imagine you would not, especially if your diet is remotely clean)

Those connected to the company may not like this recommendation, as your bottle will last longer, and they will make less money .. but your body may rejoice at the notion of not being forced to breakdown huge amounts of unnatural vitamins/minerals (and all that is in OT) which could be potential flirt with toxic levels in your body at some point, especially if you eat any vitamins/minerals from natural food sources in your day to day nutrition (which would be 100x better than a pill anyway), all while you save $
                          Last edited by jiritt0; 02-02-2010, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I feel that maybe for a less active/smaller female... 6caps may be too much. But, for me I think it works. I workout twice a day 6x/week and work for me is JUST as active if not more. I do tons of traveling (for work), which is very hard on the body. At one point I tried 4caps/day when I was running out and felt I didn't get quite the same joint support. That being said, I have a complete blood workup every 3mo and nothing has ever changed (and I've probably been on OT for a year). So, I believe this is what's right for me. Would I recommend 6caps to everyone my size, probably not...
                            ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

good.. i am glad you don't blindly following a supplement program.. one of the dumbest thing someone can do IMO

I really want to see my doctor and ask to get a refund or whatever for bloodwork done routinely and monthly/bi-weekly ART chiropractic work... you pay for bloodwork? hows that work?!? do i just go in and say doc i want quarterly blood work and routine chriopractic work done....? lol

Comment

good.. i am glad you don't blindly following a supplement program.. one of the dumbest thing someone can do IMO

I really want to see my doctor and ask to get a refund or whatever for bloodwork done routinely and monthly/bi-weekly ART chiropractic work... you pay for bloodwork? hows that work?!? do i just go in and say doc i want quarterly blood work and routine chriopractic work done....? lol
                                Def. don't do anything blindly, I make educated choices for sure.

My insurance requires me to have bloodwork every 3mo - doesn't cost me a penny! So, I can't complain. lol
                                ~Julie

Currently Taking:

Comment

Working...
                                X