Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yesterdays workout: made it a good deload day kind of.. no exercises compressing the core, which was a great idea after being so sore the past few days

warmed up a little longer than usual, like 45min maybe

DB swins - 5 each arm x25,45,45,50,50,55 (last 3 sets i also wrapped a purple band around my waist to help develop powerful hip extension)

10 TKE's (elevated them a little more, used 2 red + 1 yellow olympic plates!) + 10 band pull aparts

seated box jumps - 5 from a parallel seated position - first set up onto the 2nd to highest box, than 4 more sets up onto the highest box that is waist height for me
    diagnol med ball slams - 5 each side w/10pd ball per

10 TKE's (elevated them a little more, used 2 red + 1 yellow olympic plates!) + 10 band pull aparts

bar inlcine - 10x185, 8x205,6x225, 1x225+3x205 , 4x205, 6x185, 8x185, 10x135

back extension rows - 10 x 65,85,85,85

dips - 3x10 -- first 2 sets: 5 weighted w/25pd DB + 5 BW, last set all BW
    step ups - 10 each leg - first set back bar, 2nd set front bar, last set w/ BW and powerful knee drive
    plate pinchers - 30 second with 25pd oly plates/30sec with 10 pd oly plates

lots of static stretches (60sec each) cooldown

the box jumps felt amazing -- last time i jumepd onto the highest box from standing, I didnt even think/know if I would be able too! now today, first time doing box jumps since than, i was jumping up onto the same box from a static seated position with ease!!
    the only down fall is i only have one progression left: to put the biggest box up onto the oly platform and make it another inch or two higher... after that I'm f'ed! may need to buy a weighted vest finally haha

ps: i got mad hops, yo.

Comment

• got some wild ideas to attempt next week.. good thing its a short week -- cos i dont think they will fall in align with my current deload/recovery attempt! haha

good warmu p- - like 30 min or so again, incorporating alot of speed training principles (need to increase doing these on the regular)

band pull throughs - 10x purple band, green band, purple + green for 3 more sets of 10

10 TKE"s a leg + 10 hip rotation med ball throws each side w/10pd ball

lunge depth jumps - hopped of the smallest box and landed in a lunge position (eccentric loading ie: very tough and lots of soreness) - 5x5 each side
      super setted with monster (groin) walks with elite ankle band - 10 forward + 10 backward per

zercher squat - 5xbar,95,95,115,115,135

upright rows - 5xbar,75,75,85,85,95

good mornings on a wall - 5x5 with the bar
      pullups - 5x5 bodyweight

lots of static stretches, like 20min or so worth

still incredibly sore already tonight =(

gf is gone for the weekend, i plan to watch the following
      webinar on starting & running sport performance facility
      DVD on functional shoulder health
      and audio files from Chaos training: Alwyn Cosgrove (secrets of fat loss) and j fruggia (how to get jacked)

tonight ima watch chariots of fire, which is said to be the story of how western periodization was developed..in all of its pathetic-ness (lol)

ps: defrancos new ebook looks amazing; I'd recommend the majority of people on these boards pick it up and give it a 12 week try...I bet you'll never look back afterward, lol
      Last edited by jiritt0; 11-13-2009, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• joined USA track & field for 4 years today (yipppy) --- hopefully in early 2010 I'll be able to schedule the level 1 coach course -- theres one right by me in Villanova in March and around DC in Jan (if I were to get the american job...)

I figure, every collegiate athletics program basically has track & field... and most elite athletes in popular american sports are also track athletes (speed kills).. should be beneficial to my career and educational
        Last edited by jiritt0; 11-14-2009, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Cool!!!
          laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• warmup - incorporated fair amouint of speed work again, not as much, but enough to feel good

barbell chain cleans -- each set with 6foot chains wrapped around each side, the whole 6 feet weighing 20pds each -- prolly adding 8-13 pounds to the actual movemen -- 5x95,15,115,135,135 (before chains)

10 TKEs each leg + 10 med ball chest throws

box jumps - 5reps - not sure of sets, here swhat i wrote down:
            first set onto highest box ontop of the platform (extra 1-2inches)
            2nd set onto 2nd highest box + 20 pds of chains
            2nd set onto same box + 40pds of chains
            3rd and 4th are the same
            5th set was bodyweight onto the same as the first set again
            and I believe I repeated that again,
            and did an extra set or two of BW jumps onto the 2nd highest box

setted with 10 overhead med ball throws per

bear squats - clean into front squat into bradford press into back squat and back to front rack position = 1 rep
            6x4 - 95,95,115,115,135,135

KROC rows - loved these - took a weight i was comfrotable DB rowing 10-15x, and did 4 sets of 25 -- used 55pd DB for each set -- only the last 1 i wasnt able to get 25 straight, had to ungrip the DB at 20 on each arms and quick walk around the bench than bang out the final 5

Dips: 5x4 , 23,25,30,35,40
            single leg good mornings - 5x4 each leg with an empty bar

abs : 2x through
            plank w/ arms on a swiss ball - 1min
            15 V ups
            15 hip ups
            alternating toe touch situps - 15 a side

brutal pumps from the rows + dips...and i feel very sore in the upper body today, suprisingly my legs feel semi-fresh even though those cleans were brutal at the time! can't wait to get heavier chains

on a crazy side note, after this workout, like 30min later, i finished demonstrating exercises to my class, and was testing a kid on the squat (or something) when another student dislocated both of his shoulers doing a shoulder press -- everything seemed fine during the movement he said, but he couldnt lift his arms a few minutes later he said...i didnt see him lifting, but it wasn't a good hour or so til the ambulance arrived ....

apparantly he is doing better now though.
            Last edited by jiritt0; 11-17-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• yesterdays brutalitiy:

warmup - incorporating speed skills again, lloving it

DB lunge jerks: 4 each side x 25,30,30,40,40,bar

10 TKEs + 10 hip rotation med ball throws w/ 10pd ball

depth verticals: 4 falsl each set, two sets w/ R arm extension, 2 sets with L arm extension
              box crossover jumps - from athletic position crossing over and jumping/landing into another athletic stance - 10 per
              - after 4 sets of this, i set the vertec up and did 4 more regular verticals with legit measurements; my top was 24.5inches -- not bad, when considering last time i tested it i was fresh and my best was 25inches

deadlifts: 4x135,135,285,235,235,255 -- no shoes + wide grip
              cruifix hold: 10 pd plates hung from jump stretch bands - 30 seconds per set

GHR from parallel - 5x5
              scap ups - 10 per

chinups 8,6**,5,3,** pullups 3,5,**6,8
              ** = 10 med ball hip rotation throws

Comment

• fridays planned workout looks intense.. split bulgarian jump squats to name one..

and than sat & sun I have an 8-4 USA weightlifting coach class that involves physical performance tests... should be fun! lol

Comment

• That sounds fun!! I like bulgarians.
                  laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• today:
                    warm up - not as much speed work, but a good amount of CNS power moves

weights:

bar snatches from static waist rack - 5xbar,95,115,135,135,135,95x4,barx5
                    (got hard at last 2 sets of 135, took longer inter rep pauses)

10 TKEs a leg + 10 overhead diagnol med ball (10pd) throws a side

band resisted high knees - 6x3 - alternating between runs and marches in places each , and each rep was 15 total knee drives
                    low sled bear crawl push down 20yd and backpedal pull back 20yds per - first 3 trips where with 25pd on the sled, last three trips with 50pd on sled

bulgaruian split squat jumps - 5x5 all with BW
                    floor presses - 5x60,70,80,90,100

pullups - 6x4 all BW
                    step ups - 4x bar lateral, bar crossover, 55pd lateral, 55pd crossover, 65pd lateral, 65pd crossover
                    floor presses - 8reps with 80pds per

plate pinches - 4minutes total - first 2 with 25pd oly plates in each hand, 3rd mid with two 10lb regular plates flat side out pinched - last minute back to 25oly plates

tomorrrow + sunday im at the USA lvl 1 weightlifting coach course... gonna be sore and lifting more

Comment

• tons of light barbell workout today -- all the power and power assistance exercises

tomorrow will focus all on plyometrics + med ball work

was a good recovery day workout

Comment

• lots of plyometrics this morning, upper and lower body, than spent a good 60-90minutes on jerks and more oly technique work... pretty tired from it all, but very worthwhile.

next up is USA TF lvl 1 and hopefully lvl 2 USA Weightlifting sometime

Comment

• The 2009 Heilongjiang mine explosion was a mining accident that occurred on November 21, 2009 near Hegang in Heilongjiang province, northeastern China. There are 104 people confirmed dead with 4 still trapped in the mine, approximately 500 metres below the surface. A further 29 were hospitalised. The explosion occurred in the Xinxing coal mine shortly before dawn, at 02:30 CST, when 528 people were believed to be in the pit. Of these, 420 are believed to have been rescued, though a Chinese official said rescue efforts were being impeded by gas and debris from collapsed tunnels. The death toll makes it the worst accident of its type in recent Chinese history. Hopes for those trapped underground have faded; however, a Chinese official stated that the effort is still a rescue operation.[6] San Jingguang, a mining company spokesman stated that "if we haven't found them, to us that means they are still alive."
                          weight loss pills

Comment

• right..

yesterdays workout was easy, when i got down in the gym i was talking to another coach and GA about the clinic i went too + jobs etc.

i didnt warm up as usual, only spent maybe 10minutes or so on that

weights:

cleans - 8x95,5x115,135,3x155,175,1x195,215

depth jumps - 5x5 (maybe 1-2more reps on some sets) -- jumped from mid shin box and than up 4 stairs

RDL- 5x5x95pd
                            military shoulder - same

oly squats - 5x5x65pd
                            glute ham raises - 8 per

kroc rows to finish - 4x25 with 75pd DB

Comment

• My girl and I are now engaged!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
                                My girl and I are now engaged!
                                Wow, man - CONGRATS!

I haven't been on much and I'm really glad to see your log still going (and going strong!)... plus this great news as well!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X