Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, i just need a job, and once i get it, its only a matter of time until im king of the world. My whole field seems difficult to get in, and ive especially take a fairly non-traditional route, and my relationship situation doesn't allow me to be open to every possibilitiy (ie: i need a job in an area close to my girlfriends family, and I guess my family too would be nice) otherwise I would be in AZ, FL, or somewhere right now prolly, not cruddy filthadelphia

anyways, on a side note, today, i feel like no matter what/how much I've eaten, I've constantly had the fruity breath thing of ketosis going on, which sucks, cos I really have been attempting to up my carb intake!!! like I Jus tbanged out a massive bean/pepper/brown rice burrito 10mins ago, and I am starving with fruity breath already. I'm thinking the 2:30hr madness workouts I put in M/W/F are catfching up with me - I've even consider a recovery/deload week, but I'm pretty sure that I can't workout without going all out with the intensity unless I am sick or something

I'll post todays craziness later sometime when I feeel like typing more, for now, I am going to go stick out my hammies and everywhere else I'm sore/tight

single arm barbell snatches - 4a side x bar, 65, 65, begin 3 each side x 65,65, back to 4 a side x 65, bar

25 TKE's each leg w/ purple band

triple broad jumps - 3x3
    lateral power steps - 15 each side x3

split bulgarian squats - 6 each side x 65,65,65,65
    snatch military press - 6x96,95,95,95

T rows - 5x75,100,100,100,75
    weighted dips - 5 x 25pd plate

minimal rest between the top two

single arm barbell shrugs - 3x8 x bar, 65,65
    elevated glute ham pops - 15 per with an empty barbell

abs: 2x through
    uneven planks - 30 seconds with leg up, 30 seconds with arm up, first set on Left side/2nd set on R side
    russian twists - 20 a side with 10 pd plate (slow n controlled)
    sprinter crunches - 10 each side
    dual hip flexor pulls w/ purple band - 15
    barbell rollouts - 15

aka - brutal
    Last edited by jiritt0; 10-23-2009, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• "I've constantly had the fruity breath thing of ketosis"- Do you have diabetes, hypoglycemia, or hyperglycemia?
      "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
      CFD

Comment

• Nah, no thtat i know of, i just burn a ton of carbohydrates through an insane energy expenditure.. and don't eat a heavy carb diet typically

I've never really been tested for diabetes/anything recently, though I really wanna get a blood profile done ...i should really step my game up and call my doc about that

back in the day I had hyper/hypo/hype something thyroidism.. i got a lot of tests done in a matter of a few months, than would get yearly scans done on the thyroid, but havent had that done in a couple years either -- I think when I quit smoking and drinking heavily and eating horrible campus cafe food it went away

Comment

• Originally posted by jdiritto View Post
          Nah, no thtat i know of, i just burn a ton of carbohydrates through an insane energy expenditure.. and don't eat a heavy carb diet typically

I've never really been tested for diabetes/anything recently, though I really wanna get a blood profile done ...i should really step my game up and call my doc about that

back in the day I had hyper/hypo/hype something thyroidism.. i got a lot of tests done in a matter of a few months, than would get yearly scans done on the thyroid, but havent had that done in a couple years either -- I think when I quit smoking and drinking heavily and eating horrible campus cafe food it went away
          Ya you made want to check that out bro. Not a huge concern but it would be nice to know. Since you are a person who eats regularly and healthly then it may not be noticeable but a symptom is fruity breath. But that may be coincidence. Not a hug deal. Now here is a question that you may know. I was talking to a paramedic and he believes that creatine can cause high blood pressure. Have you ever heard anything about that? I never read it in any medical book or on any website.
          Last edited by farmerson12; 10-23-2009, 11:12 PM.
          "Greater love hath no man, than to lay down his life for a friend" John 15:13
          CFD

Comment

• Originally posted by farmerson12 View Post
            Ya you made want to check that out bro. Not a huge concern but it would be nice to know. Since you are a person who eats regularly and healthly then it may not be noticeable but a symptom is fruity breath. But that may be coincidence. Not a hug deal. Now here is a question that you may know. I was talking to a paramedic and he believes that creatine can cause high blood pressure. Have you ever heard anything about that? I never read it in any medical book or on any website.
            he's right, as creatine basically pumps excess water into your muscles (creating the larger, fuller look) which in turn pushes your veins into a smaller area... i think that could be why, or im completely off, either way it sounds logical

I'm pretty sure the fruit breath is from ketosis, (ketosis is a state of the organism characterised by elevated levels of ketone bodies in the blood, occurring when the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies (which can be used for energy as an alternative to glucose)) which doesn't necessarily link to diabetes though diabetics are often at risk of it due to their lack of insulin production - which can turn very serious/fatal for them

it prolly has something to do with the fast acting carbs in golden gains/purple intrain and the fact that outside of those I almost always only eat complex carbs low in GI (usually)

Comment

• yesterdays weights:

DB snatches - 3x30,40,40,50,50,50

10 TKE's (Left leg from Right, and right leg from Left instead of always backward pull on the knee -- is amazingly harder but prolly means ill never have a noncontact knee injury, ever)

4x through this:
              low sled knee drives - 20 yards with 50pd on sled
              plyo pushups off raised objects - 6 per

10 TKE's (same)

band DB suspended barbell bench press (had DB's hanging from the bar by bands)- 6x30,40,40,40
              drop squats - 6xbar,95,95,95

10 TKE's (same)

reverse lunges off a box - 3each side x bar, 55,55,65,65,65
              weighted chinups - 3 w + 25 pds each set

10 TKE's (same)

DB rows - 5x6 each arm with 60s

abs: 3 or 4 x through:
              swiss ball planks - 45sec
              deadbugs - 10 a side
              very slow russian twists - 10 a side w/ 10pd plate

Comment

• yesterdays workout:

bar cleans from below knee boxes: 6x95,115,135,155

10 tkes (opposite of last time) + 10 pushups (hands on bowling pins)

box jumps - 5x5 -- box height was largest one in the room, about waist height, next time im gonna put it on a platform so its like 3inches higher
                str arm band sled drags - 20 yds each - 60,60,85,85 pds on sled

deadlifts - 4x135,225,225,225,225,225,225
                bradford press - 4x65,85,95,95,100,100,100

lateral step ups - 8 sets of 3 each leg with 25 pd DB's in hands
                weight pullups - 8 sets of 3 with 25pd plate

30 seconds rest through the first 5 sets, last 3 were 1min rest (started to get hard)

abs: 2x through, no rest
                side planks - 45 seconds each - feet on abench
                V ups - 15
                overhead side bends - 10 each side with a 10pd plate
                10 crunches with a 65 pd DB
                10 back extension s-- first one regular, second set reverse hypers

super sore today.. prolly gonna go to work a little early and jump rope for 15minutes and stretch out for 15 or so

sent out an application for a strength & conditioning internship at Ohio State this morning... would be amazing for my career, but shitty for everything else...
                Last edited by jiritt0; 10-29-2009, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• yesterdays workout -- caused brutal soreness by the days end, and still feeling it this morning (didnt sleep well either )

DB balance snatch - 5x30,30,35,40,40

15 TKE's a leg (pull from front of leg) + 10 inverted pullups

tuck jump through 12 benches - 3x
                  lateral shuffle sled drags - 20 yds - w/45pd plate - both sides per

barbell flat board presses - 2 boards at 135, 3 boards at 185, 4 boards with 185, 4 reps with 0,1,2,3,+4 boards with 185 pds (20 straight reps), 4 reps with 4, 3, 2, 1 board (only 2 reps on 1 board, i was dead by than)
                  single leg squats with a purple band for help up - 5 each side per

arnold presses - 4x25 for 5 sets
                  DB rows - 4 a side x 75 for 5 sets

weighted dips - 8x3-- first set with 25 pd rest with 30pds
                  lateral lunges - 8x3 a side all with 25pd plate

abs: 2x thro, quickly
                  back bridges w/ feet on a swiss ball - 45 seconds
                  single leg hip flexor pulls - 10 each
                  situps off a hyper machine w/ a 25 pd plate - 10
                  side bridge pops - 15 a side
                  swim kicks - for like 30 seconds cos i realized how lame they are and will prolly never do them again

Comment

• pearl jam show last night.... not even a big fan, we just couldnt sell tickets we bought hoping to sell for profit

it was the last event in the spectrum in philly, so they played for a good 3+hours, but i still only knew ahandful of songs.. luckily, we managed to rocket out of traffic and get home before too too late (show ended at the same time as the world series game right across the street...people everywhere!!!!)

Comment

• weights:
                      barbell cleans - 3x135,145,155,165,165,175

20 TKE's a leg (pull from back of knee)

reactive depth jumps - below kne box to abov eknee box - 5x5
                      overhead med ball (tricep) throws - 10 per

Back squats - 10x135,8x225,6x265,4x285,2x295,2x305, 6x225
                      DB incline - 5x70,70,75,75,80

bent over delts - 10x10,15,20,20
                      farmers walk - 20 yd down n back per - 1st set with 85pd DB's (had to rest midway), middle two sets pinching 25pd olympic plate between fingers (forearms went numb), last set with 85pd DB's again

weighted pullups - 6x4 with 25pds -- 30second rest per each set, except at the midpoint i took a 1.5min rest

abs to finish: 3x through
                      plank - 1 minute , varied instablility between hands, feet, and both
                      band resisted situps - 10 with purple bands giving resist
                      hanging straight leg raises - 10
                      overhead side bends - 10 each side with 10pd plate

Comment

• yesterdays:

barbell lunge jerks : 2 each side xbar,75,95,125,135,135

15 TKE's a leg (strong pull on back of knee)

band resisted starts - 4x2 each side (first 3-4 steps out of sprint stance)
                        plyo pushups- from plates to a med ball n back - 5 per

bent over barbell rows - 5x5x135
                        step ups - 5x4 each leg x 95

reverse lunges off the platform - 3x4 a side x 135,135,bodyweight + power drive
                        Y raises - 3x8x15pds

weighted dips: 6x4 x30pds except last 2 sets w/25

abs: 2 x through

back bridge - 60 seconds, 1/2 with L leg up, 1/2 with R leg up
                        barbell rollouts - 15
                        reverse hypers - 15
                        russians - 15 a side w/20pds

Comment

• Initiated the biggest purchases of my life last night... pending processing + payment... details in a few weeks...

yesterdays workout:

barbell snatches: 3xbar,115,125,135,145,145 (only got 2),135, bar

15 TKE a leg (very strong pull on back of knee)

single leg hops on n off a platform - 3x each leg x 30 seconds (last set on a slightly higher platform)
                          10 med ball hip rotation slams per each side w/10pd ball

single leg barbell RDLs- 5xbar, 75,75,75,75,75
                          DB shoulder press - 5x35,45,45,55,55,55
                          (this superset got messed up/slowed down --- one of the GA's started asking me questions about olympic lifts, plyometrics, agility drills, and program design... i shot the shit with him for too long and lost alot of intensity/focus)

weighted pushups - 3x10 with a 45pd plate on back
                          rhomboid rows - 3x10 with 30pd DBs

weighted chinups with 15-20seconds rest - 4x25,25,25 (3, 1 BW) -- 1minute rest -- 20,20, BW

abs:
                          2x through this circuit:
                          side planks - feet elevted on abench - 45 seconds each side
                          weighted crunches - 10 with a 45pd plate
                          posture front squats - 1min w/ 135pds
                          situps - 20
                          reverse hypers - 15

Comment

• Did you buy a house?
                            laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• neg...i'll have pics of it eventually..gotta ensure its availability, get it delivered to the states, than delivered to me...than wait for the right timing

wish I could buy a house!!

Comment

• applying for a new job at American University in DC... feelin good about this one, mabe for once i won't get very ticked off when I never hear back *(aka I'll hear back)*

yesterdays workout was supposded to be easy..like a recovery/deload ... than somehow i m deadlifting 300pds and destroyed my back/hips.... 3-4hours later I could hardly stand up straight my core was that bad..

details:

front balance snatches (jerks) - 3xbar,95,115,125,135,145,155,165,175,135,bar
                                super setted with 2 reps of high knee run outs -- looped 3 purple bands together around a poll waist height -- put at top of hips, and ran out w/ high knee drive and no hyperextension of back til tension became very strong -- a form exercise not a strength (though I think it caused a ton of soreness in hips!)

10 TKE's a leg + 10 med ball chest throws (10lb)

single leg depth reactive jumps - jump from a box about ankle height (1foot?) landing and instantly rejumping (minimal ground contact time) to a box about knee height (2foot?) -- 4 reps each leg , 5 sets *extremely difficult..not even fun*
                                10 power steps each side w/ elite tension ankle chords x 5 sets

deadlifts - 2 reps x 135,225, 6 sets of 275, 2 sets of 300 (10 sets total)

military press (standing) - 10x65,8x85,6x105,4x125,4x125,8x85,10x65

reverse lunges - 4x8 each leg w/65pds on back
                                chinups - 4x6 all bodyweight

-- used 45 seconds rest between deadlifts, military, and lunge/chinup supersets
                                the military presses were murdering my shoulders/arm.. i felt it bad..

and for some reason, though it was pretty intense, i didnt feel much of a sweat or elevation in heart rate -- i think i've officially conqured overtraining

Comment

Working...
                                X