No announcement yet.

PW Lemon: Logged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shoulders today -- i rolled back the amino intake to see if some recent gastro-intestinal tract issues will resolve, so far so good. been adjusting things lately to see what it is -- i thought it could of been vitamin C overdose, as there is some in size-on, i had been adding tiny amounts to my post shake, and i usually take orange triad 45 min pre and roughly 15min post..

but i think it was the abudance of amino acids -- i didnt take the PW lemonade today, so it could be that particular one, i will bring it back tomorrow, but remove xtend from my intra workout drink.

shoulder/back workout

seated DB military -- 10x 30,50,60, 8x 65, 10x60,60
    super setted 4 sets of 30 pd DB standing single arm presses in between those ones

suit case (1 DB) deadlifts - 10x30,60,60,60

DB lawnmoawers -- 10x30,60,60,75,75,75

side/front raises mixed together -- 3x10x15pd

concentraed side raises - 10x15pd, concentrated front raises 10x15pd

str bar cable lat pulldowns - 10x120,135,150,150,150

DB bent over lateral raises - 3x10x17.5 pd

W bar front raises - 10x50,60,60

Comment

cardio today -- intensity was medicore

bike for 5 minutes -- rowed for 5 minutes -- jogged about 1.25miles - bike for 5 minutes, rowed for 5 minutes walked a quarter mile to cooldown

need to step it up on thisss! im not happy with myself.

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
        cardio today -- intensity was medicore

bike for 5 minutes -- rowed for 5 minutes -- jogged about 1.25miles - bike for 5 minutes, rowed for 5 minutes walked a quarter mile to cooldown

need to step it up on thisss! im not happy with myself.
        Cardio is the hardest part of working out. It is so easy to loose focus while doing it. Keep a strong mind and the intensity will pick up.
        Do or do not. There is no try!

Comment

def. towards the end of the fall i was really enjoying running on a treadmill 2/3 time a week -- but than winter break hit and i didnt workout for a month... gotta build that back now =(

I just need consistency, which I should be able to find once I move in May - and especially if I get employed through LA Fitness as a PT this summer (will be able to workout at any LA Fitnes i imagine -- near my house, my parents house, or even my girlfriends parents house while Im away)

on a side note, ever since i started using the lemonade flavor i've felt extremely bloated and been nagged by gastro-intestinal problems --- i am starting to think it could be the PW lemonade.. i imagine there is alot more coloring involved to make it purple? idk ...ill have to keep tinkering with doses/timings/etc. to see what puts an end to these very unpleasent feelings.
          Last edited by jiritt0; 04-03-2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I always 1/2 ass it around nov-jan.

No real bloating of any kind here. I am sure your h2o intake is up to par. Eating any extra salt in you diet? About once every 3-4 months I use a bottle of Magnesium Citrate to keep things clean. It is also good for reducing any bloating.

Only thing about PW-L I do not like is the watery flavor.

Comment

i dont add salt to anything -- ive been eating tuna lately (i went on a hiatus)...

i was thinking it was over hydration ... i drink a 30oz shake in the AM --- might drink 30oz during AM classes--then I drink another 30ozer preworkout, than 30oz while i lift, than 30oz with post lift.... plus im constantly drinking after that all day..

but i dont think that is it..it could also be a lack of solid food in my morning routine .. i eat a random bar in the AM with the shake (sometimes) -- i eat a fiber one bar during my AM class -- than i dont eat any solid food again til around noon after my lift/shower.. i noticed if I eat a PBJ or something similiar postworkout it helped some

ive been tinkering with the supplements the past few days, and found that to be better than the food though... it was horrible GI problems for a few days the past week or so... just mediocore discomfort lately..

Comment

i added ground up steel cut oats (carbs) to the PW drink today via the suggestion of Tank and so far so good on my GI tract... which is great. felt a lil funky at first (drank it on empty stomach this morning -- had a protein bar like 15min before than drank PW + Oats preworkout) but it died down as i walked to the gym

was a good lil lift today.. routine is out of whack - there is a conference today and im having lunch with the AASP president and some other grad studetns

did these lil circuits

bench - 10x135,225,225,225,135
                calf raises - 4x10x150

wide grip bench - 4x15x135
                DB hammers - 4x10x35pd
                lunges - 4x10 w/ 35 pd plate overhead

standing arnolds - 10x45,45,30,30 (last two sets standing on one foot)
                DB wrist spin things - 3x10x7.5pd

Comment

Glad to here your gi track is destressing. Keep up the solid work.

Comment

yes sir -- i will be moving the oats from my AM protein shake to the pre workout PW shake next week..

Comment

squats - 10x135,225,255,275, 8x275, 10x225, 135

leg curls - 10x85,85,100

split squat laying leg presses - 10x180,180,150

standing smith calf raises - 3x10x140 (?)

hip raises (?) - 3x10x45pd plate - rest plate on thight, lift leg up and place tip toe (like at top of calf raise) onto bench than lower it / great for baseball pitchers
                      step ups - 3x10x30 pd DB each hand

Comment

bench (fat bar, feet on bench) - 10x135,185,205,225,225, 8x225,8x225,10x185,135
                        DB hammers - 10x40pd between each set after initial

DB flies - 3x10x35pd
                        W bar curls - 3x10x60pd

cable cross overs - 3x10x40,50,50 (did them 10 each standing straight up, bent over, and bent over in front of face)

seated DB bice curls - 10x27.5,30,30
                        overhead DB tricep extensions - 10x55,75,75
                        DB wrist spin/curls -3x10pds

intense forearm burn, arms feel pumped, chest is good. was a nice workout.

adding oats to the PW lemonade has seemed to eliminate the GI distress the past few times.. will keep updated on this

Comment

decent shoulders/back day...

DB alternating presses -- 10x 45pd (seated with no backrest), 3x10x55pd (standing)

Lat pulldowns - 3x10x150pd (10 reps both in front and behind head in one set)

DB side concentrated raises - 3x10x15pd

front W bar lat raises -- 10x50,60,60

str bar str leg deadlifts - 3x10x135

str bar bent over rows - 3x10x95 (not used to these, usually do lawnmoawers)

Comment

i feel good.. drank some xtend an hour or so ago..drinking a protein shake now and took some uni livers i found from way back when.. feel real good.

my diets been alot better lately -- been eating alot of korean (chicken, rice, and a salad) and subs instead of burritos and chinese

been feelin bloated some during the day -- no GI troubles like before, adding the oats really helped with that (good idea tank) --- i think the bloating could be from too much water intake in the AM even? (no clue)

still alot of work to do before summer, and than it will be an even more intense summer of training
                            Last edited by jiritt0; 04-09-2008, 08:39 PM.

Comment

cardio day -- did a good bit. prolly 1.5mile on the track (jogged 3/4, walk the final bit) -- after that I hit about 7.5mins on a bike at level 4 resistence.. than i walked a lap and did 5 minutes on the row machine (was killer) than i walked a cooldown lap

took some lipo6 an hour preworkout, and yellow neuph more immediate.

before doing the cardio (15-30min pre) i did an intense ab circuit with my TA they hated it, i loved it.

no lift tomorrow -- getting a train home at 9am (visiting my girlfriend + alma mater for an alumni event)

Comment

nice weekend -- went for a jog/walk with my girlfriend on friday and saturday , sunday was too cold

Friday night I got kind of bombed at the bar with some old friends (reunited myself with cheap tequila)... saturday night the woman and I went to a wine tasting thing, so that was a nice night with no binging

today was legs -- skipped my am class which was nice but than i felt like it threw my entire schedule off! ..got to the gym about 15mins earlier than i normally do

squats - 10x135,225,255, 9x255, 8x255, 10x225, 135
                                performed some standing (rolling) DB calf raises - roll from heels to tip toes, back and forth - 3x10x30pd

leg press calf raises - 5x10x random weight (whatever some guy iw orked in with was leg pressing)

smith squats (with feet out about 3 feet in front of bar) - 10x135,185,185,185,135

walking lunges - held 45pd plate over head - lunged about 30feet 4 times

good workout overalll. tried to hit the quads more with the feet forward squats, i feel like i miss them alot and hit the hammies too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X