No announcement yet.

Springer 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decent workout today. did my warmup than lifted for a few.

think i had grape PW not lemonade, i wasnt feeling it

lifts:

did this little circuit:

powercleans - 6 sets of 6 with 95pd
    than I did a sprint training drill acrouss the room
    depth jumps with a med ball into explosive med ball toss towards wall -- 6sets of 6
    than i did a diff sprint training drill back to the clean rack

I altered ankling with buttkickers for the sprint drills

than i did this mini super set two times through:

5 chin ups
    5 single leg squats (one leg)
    5 pull ups
    5 single leg squats (opp leg)

alll with bodyweight -- single leg squats are hard, i was basically slowly lowering myself intoa chair until i couldnt anymore than just fell to the chair, and standing back up tall on a single leg. hopefully through repeated training of this i can do a full single leg squat w/o support in a few months

Comment

• okay lifts today. warmup was quick

did like 8 sets of squats, most at 215 for 8 reps super setted with plyo pushups and med ball tosses (6) each time

than I did some standing DB (alternating at top) shoulder presses and single leg DB RDLs - 2 sets each

than i switched that up to double leg DB RDLs and single leg standing overhead single arm DB shoulder press

ended with 3 sets of one arm chin ups on a lat machine and DB rows

tomorrow ive got nothing to do, so im gonna blast it good. warm up intense like usual, do some footwork drills on a tape ladder i made on campus, than lift for awhile.

Comment

• posted my TA grades yesterday.. and it has been nothing but miserable since.

Every kid comes into a weight training course at college thinking its going to be an easy A.. I make sure to tell them from the start my class is not that, it will be hard, they will sweat, and they will have to work for an A, and I even detail how myself and the college views a 2.0/C as being average/fair! Still, when it comes judgement time, and I post final grades, kids always get pissed off and try to whine/talk their way into a better grade. It pisses me off, cos I feel I have to acknlowedge each,a nd detail the logic behind their grades, and some kids are extremely overbearing with it.

I've got one kid so far telling me I take weight training too seriously basically, and another kid telling me he deserves an A because he thinks so (in a very intelligent and non-chalant way).

I wish people would pay attention to the details and everything when their covered in class, and than follow through on their end...and not try to finesse there way into higher grades, it sucks cos i develop good relationships with them while they lift 3x a week with me during classes, but than i have to give them grades and not always good ones...and alot of the grading is fairly abstract (grading someones knowledge/performance of a squat or deadlift) compared to most classes (math, history, etc.. your right or your wrong).

Comment

• great lift today

took about 100mg caffeine preworkout with size on, just because i had 1/2 a caffeine pill .. i used the other 1/2 before night class the other day to stay awake.

did a brief warmup on a treadmill -- jogged for 5minutes, than did 3 minutes uphill at 13.5 on the incline and slow speed, than jogged for 4minutes at the same pace, than did 13.5 incline for 2minutes, than walked on flat level for a minute

weights i did this:

bench press - 135,185,215,215,215,215,185
          bodyweight forward lunges across the room
          pulldowns - 3 sets 150, 180, 160, 150, 150
          bodyweight backward lunges across the room
          bodyweight step ups on a mid thigh high box

circuited that for about 7 sets

than i moved on to this

bodyweight dips
          standing calf raises
          DB bicep curls
          seated calf raises
          pushups

3 x through - 10 reps each, used about 500pd on standing calves, 30pd DBs for curls, and 120pds for seated calves

]

Comment

• didnt feel it today

did my warmup, which went pretty good.

than i did some agility ladder work, mixed with decline situps w/ a med ball throw and DB shrugs

thats where it started to drag and i lost intensity/focus

after doing that for 15minutes or so, i ran for 5mins, did 20 pushups, biked for 5mins, did 20 pushups, did the stairmaster for like 90 seconds til i realized the machine is super weird, did 20 pushups, and ended on an upper body ergometer for 5mins and 20 final pushups

decent workout, just not much weight stuff, more cardio, which is okay i guess.. i dont like that much tho =x

Comment

• random thought:

i've started buying 2 dozen eggs every grocery store trip (about weekly)

1 of them is for good ol fashion cookin.. omelletes, scrambelers, you kno wthe deal.

the other dozen i hard broil, so their like a snack.. this was the first week.. it was pretty awesome. its like easter but really cold out and december.. haha

Comment

• almost last lift of 08 prlly.. hoping i can get into the rooms on campus and put in time tomorrow.. not 100% sure if thatll work out

today was good

did the warmup, hit ABs a little bit, than did an upper body workout. tomorrow focus is on legs..

did incline bench + dips -- 8 sets total, bench weight was 135x10x2, than 185x6x5 than 135 x10x1 did 10 dips every set except last 2, they were 8/7

than i did a mini cycle

one arm DB rows -- really focusing on form and postur e--12x50pds
                step ups - 10 each leg
                standing barbell overhead press - 10x95

did it 3x through -- first set of steups were straight aheead, 2nd set was lateral, and 3rd set was spliut 50/50

shoulder presses first set was a wider grip, 2nd set closer, and 3rd set wider

between every rotation of the 3, i went to the pull up bar and just held myself in the bottom of a pullup, really stretching it out.. storing up elastic energy

ended on on 3x10 one arm chin ups (using lat pulldown machine) --- sets of 70,80,and 80

did the same static hold at the bottom of a chinup between each set

feel good. took some caffeine preworkout. def notice it helps alot. may starting using some preworkout energy supp in the spring.. we'll see.

2009 log en route soon!

Comment

• got lazy and took the day off.. figure its the holidays why not rest and recover a little bit

kinda pissed i did it now, and guess i could still go to the gym but id be hitting traffic right as i leave which is miserable

think ill do bodyweight workout stuff before i shave and get ready to head home tonight.

happy holidays everybody.

end of the year weight (before cookies and family get togethers): 223.6

over break i hope to plan out some real good fitness goals for 2009. short term stuff, that blends into lofty long term goals. may even pan out some career/life goals while I'm at it.. I might be in the "real world" finally come next summer/fall.. that frightens me, what will I do w/o holiday breaks and weekends off.. or 15page papers due weekly?!?! (answers:
                  )

It's been a great 2008, but in 2009 i'll shine.

Happy holidays peoples

Comment

Working...
                  X