This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday April 28th Day 118

Carbs are gonna be tapering down until show day starting today, but hell everyday is still higher than the 150 I was getting "used to" lol. Today I had Back and Bis, and 35 minutes of MISS. I also set up getting spray tanned for a good base and I'll be doing that tomorrow morning at 9am. SO! Tonight its Exfoliate and Nair!

Nutrition

working on 55/260/235

Training

Peak Week Back and Bis:

Wide Grip Pull Ups
    BW x 3 x 10

Cable Rows
    200 x 8
    180 x 2 x 8

Smith Machine Shrugs
    3 plates/side x 3 x 10

Rope Lat Pushdowns
    140 x 10
    130 x 10
    120 x 10

1 arm Bench Supported DB Rows
    110 x 3 x 8

Seated Alternating DB Curl
    40's x 2 x 10
    40's x 8

Standing Alternating DB Hammer Curl
    50's x 10
    45's x 10
    40's x 8

MISS:
    20 minutes speed 8 stairmill
    8 minutes rower
    7 minutes treadmill incline 5.0 speed 4.0

Misc

looking pretty big, not as full and hard as yesterday but I don't feel like a string bean, so that's good.
    Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Wednesday April 29th Day 119

Got sprayed at 9am this morning, went on very dark, washed off still pretty dark but much more natural, going to do it again friday morning, and then another shower friday night, and then dream tan before bed. Should give me a nice base so I don't have to do 2353 coats of dream tan.
      Chest, delts and tris today, and 30 mins of MISS. Its getting close to shot #1 at the cards ladies and gents....I'm excited

Nutrition

working on 50/220/245

Training

Peak Week Chest, Delts, and Tris:

Flat DB Press
      100's x 3 x 8

Seated Arnold Press
      60's x 8
      55's x 2 x 8

Decline Close Grip Bench Press
      205 x 3 x 8

DB Flys
      40's x 12
      40's x 2 x 10

Seated Lateral Raises
      30's x 3 x 10

Rope Tricep Pushdowns
      120 x 12
      110 x 12
      100 x 12

HS Incline Chest Press
      45 and 25/side x 12, 10, 10

MISS:
      30 mins elliptical HR 130-140 resistance 15

Misc

I'm really looking forward to competing
      Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Thursday April 30th Day 120

Well I've officially been dieting for 4 months...and I have to say...I never knew it could be this painless (comparatively)...my last prep was BRUTAL, and I got about to this same level of leanness...maybe just slightly leaner, but I could NOT continue after that point...I did this same show, and the Contra Costa the weekend after and that was it!
        I feel like I'll have no trouble continuing on indefinitely this go around...not that I will obviously lol...but I'm not worried about dieting all the way to the cap city and beyond
        I'm supposed to be still watery today, and I have to say my legs aren't looking sharp, and I've looked harder...I'm doing my DAMNDEST to trust the process, but my most insecure part of me is saying "the show is in 2 days and you don't look your best!" and the smart part of me says "bro...chill...your not supposed to yet"
        ANYWHO, knocked out 40 mins of circuit training today for the whole body, kept it light, and then did 25mins of MISS. Tomorrow it'll be 20 mins of even lighter circuit training and just 15 mins of MISS. I'll probably do bodyweight work and then a brisk walk once I get to Berto's.

Nutrition

working on 50/180/255

Training

Circuit Training, MISS

4 times through, 12 reps on all of the below
        Hack Squats 2plates/side
        Lying Hamstring Curl 75lbs
        Cable Row 100lbs
        HS Shoulder Press 1plate/side
        Cable Curl 90lbs
        Bodyweight Dips
        Standing Calf Raise 330lbs
        Tricep Pushdowns 80lbs

MISS:
        15 mins elliptical HR 130-135 resistance 15
        10 mins treadmill HR 130-135 Incline 6 Speed 4.5

Misc

gotta keep my head on straight and push forward, I'm not supposed to be at my best 2 days out, I'm supposed to be my best on stage. That is my mantra right now lol.
        Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Sunday May 3rd Day 123

Well Layne told me to just do cardio yesterday...but hell I was so damn amped and pumped about getting ready for June since I didn't do as well as I wanted saturday that I couldnt watch aaron and todd do legs while I was on the side lines...friggin killed it today.

Nutrition

2,198 63.7 143.5 263.0

Training

Legs, GPP, warm ups excluded

Hack Squats
          4 plates/side x 4 x 10

SLDLs
          225 x 8
          315 x 3 x 6

Squats SUPERSET Lying Leg Curls
          225 x 15/120 x 10
          225 x 12/105 x 12
          225 x 12/105 x 12
          NO REST
          225 x 8/105 x 10

Seated Calf Raise
          4 plates/side x 2 x 10

Seated Angled Calf Raise
          190 x 2 x 10
          210 x 10

Anterior Tib Raises
          25/side x 10 both feet
          25/side x 2 x 10 single foot

Misc

June 20th.
          Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Monday May 4th Day 124

I'm out of the mild mental funk I was in, had a KICKASS arm workout and hit some weights I hit in the offseason. 135 on curls, 225 on close grip, I am fucking coming for that natural cali title. Whoever wants that shit has to beat me at my best, you have to fucking take it from me and I'll fight you every step of the way.

Nutrition

2,181 60.2 147.4 262.5

Training

Shoulders/Arms, HIIT, warm ups excluded

See Saw Seated DB shoulder press (damn berto these are tight!)
            70's x 7
            70's x 3 x 6

Right Arm Arnold Press SUPERSET DB Lateral Raises
            50 x 12//25's x 12
            50 x 10//30's x 12
            50 x 8//35's x 10
            50 x 6//35's x 8

Cable Upright Row SUPERSET Rear Delt Deck
            150 x 12//150 x 10
            140 x 12//140 x 10
            130 x 12//130 x 10

Barbell Curls
            135 x 5
            135 x 4
            105 x 5 DROP 85 x 5 DROP 65 x 8

Close Grip Bench Press
            225 x 3 x 4
            185 x 8

Alternating Hammer Curls SUPERSET Tricep Pushdowns
            60's x 3 x 8//180 x 3 x 12

DB Skull Crushers
            20's x 20
            20's x 2 x 15

HIIT
            Arc Trainer w/moving handles
            5 minutes warm up resistance 37
            16 intervals 15sec/45sec resistance 37/72
            15 minute cooldown on treadmill speed 3.2 incline 2

Misc

Mr. Natural California.
            Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Thursday May 7th Day 127

Got after some HIIT today boy...nearly fell off the stair mill a few times, I made new rules that I could only lightly touch the very front rail with both hands on the sprint and HOLY CRAP toasted quads. Drenched the machine in sweat, did some WORK. Then I knocked out some abs, symmetry work, RC work and then noticed that I was looking kinda small in my big white bbing.com t-shirt...so I was thinking...I bet I'm getting leaner...so I went in the bathroom...and sure enough....quads are more separated, arms are leaner, and whole body looks tighter...and shit...at that point I was post 23 intervals and a workout, and on 80g of carbs....
              Adam you better get to work.

Nutrition

2,224 63.4 149.5 264.3

Training

HIIT, Abs, Symmetry work, RCs

HIIT: Step Mill
              warm up 5 minutes speed 8
              23 intervals 15sec/45sec speed 10/20
              cooldown 15 minutes on treadmill incline 2 speed 3.2

Ab Machine 3 sets
              Ab coaster 3 sets
              R arm Machine Press SUPERSET DB R arm front raise
              3 sets//3 sets
              R arm D handle Lat pulldowns 3 sets
              4 sets external RCs//4 sets internal RCs

Misc

First posing class is this weekend, leaving nothing to chance baby.
              Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Going to the Contra Costa tomorrow?
                laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                  Going to the Contra Costa tomorrow?
                  no got too much stuff to do, doing early mom's day

Saturday May 9th Day 129

Busy day today. Had our blood and urine samples taken and a weigh in for our health insurance. My "resting" (standing up and walking around the house) HR is 50 BPM!! The tester asked me if I did a lot of cardio lol. BP was 100/70! Holy health batman!
                  So that was neat. Then I hit up my first posing class out of 7, grueling work, GOOD work. I'm already looking polished, now its just fine tuning and getting in good posing conditioning. Refeed today too, and it took til after my post workout meal to not feel like I was dragging ass...the workout today took a lot of focus, but I'm focused, so no worries there. REALLY making myself hold the line on my strength, and so far so good...only mild drops.
                  Also taking my mom and my mother in law out to see star trek tonight, we're doing an early mother's day dealio since we're all busy tomorrow.

Nutrition

working on 60/275/240

Training

Chest and Back, LISS, warm ups excluded

Incline DB Press
                  100's x 7
                  95's x 7
                  90's x 8 (2 sets)

Close Grip Lat Pulldown
                  220 x 8
                  220 x 7 (2 sets)
                  200 x 8

Bench Press SUPERSET BW Wide Grip Pull Ups
                  225 x 7//12
                  225 x 6 (2 sets)//12, 10
                  205 x 8//8

DB Flys SUPERSET Barbell Rows (nice and strict on both)
                  40's x 12 (3 sets)//225 x 12 (3 sets)

HS Row SUPERSET Push Ups (SQUEEZE!)
                  2 plates/side x 15 (3 sets)//BW x 15 (3 sets)

LISS
                  30 mins on elliptical resistance 16 HR 120-130

Misc

6 weeks out
                  Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Sunday May 10th Day 130

Great flippin day. Woke up and trained an aspiring bodybuilder female client of mine in the ways of upper hypertrophy, and then had an EPIC leg day with the boys. 50 rep challenge, in 4 sets with 315 on deadlifts....back in 07 after my prep it took my whole being to get 47...this time I got 52...with a lot left in the tank. Better up your game berto!
                    Then we headed over and did some bulgarian split squats....2 sets with the 110's...PR for me...man was it hard, and balance was tough took some FOCUS. Then I knocked out 30 mins on the elliptical, went home ate, and 3 hours later I was jogging around the park that is literally 15 feet from my house. 2 a days baby! And I feel great today, complete contrast from yesterday, and I've done an insane leg workout and 2 cardio sessions, don't ask me!
                    But I aint complaining! Oh and Aaron's cam is pimp, so make sure you click the HD option.

Nutrition

working on 65/150/265

Training

LEGS, LISS x 2, warm ups excluded

50 rep challenge Deadlifts
                    315 x 13
                    315 x 13
                    315 x 13
                    315 x 13
                    below is the vid of the LAST set...crazy speed, I am still in awe of my performance

Bulgarian Split Squats
                    110's x 5/leg

110's x 5/leg....had some issues on this one

"I get knocked down, but I get up again!"

75's x 12/leg

Leg Extensions SUPERSET Lying Hamstring Curls
                    stack x 12, 10, 8//130 x 10, 120 x 10, 120 x 8

Standing Calf Raise
                    360 x 10
                    450 x 10
                    505 x 8 (3 sets)

Post WO LISS
                    30 mins on elliptical resistance 16 HR 120-130

Evening LISS
                    10 mins jog around park
                    10 mins walk around park
                    10 mins jog around park

Misc

I love this sport. Arms are looking leaner, abs veins are more prominent, face starting to look like all angles lol.
                    Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Tuesday May 12th Day 132

Trained 3 clients today, did some dishes did some laundry, broke down a bunch of old moving boxes for the recycling, hung with Barb for a bit, and knocked out my HIIT. My legs are still pretty thrashed from the leg day I had lol, the stair mill today was HARD. Think I sweated out probably half a gallon on that thing no joke. Really glad I picked the stair mill, because that thing moves and you have no choice to move with it, and lately its very mentally difficult to make my body go the speed it needs to go to do HIIT, and this thing forces it on you...I think were gonna get to be buds, and if you do minimal rail holding it really is some tough HIIT. Lethargy is getting pretty wacky, I get tired just doing menial daily tasks, and then somehow manage to lift weights and do sprints lol. But, no hunger cravings really...just really low energy...I'm trying to make myself stay active because I know I'll start sitting and laying down more feeling like this and inadvertently burn less calories.

Nutrition

2,195 62.4 148.2 260.5

Training

HIIT

StairMill
                      Warm Up 5 minutes speed 10
                      23 intervals 15sec/45sec speed 10/20
                      Cooldown 15 minutes on treadmill speed 3.2 incline 2

bit o stretching

Misc

Refeed tomorrow should have me a little less zombie-ish
                      Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• I have a love/hate relationship with the stairmill. I love how it really works me but it always feels like death after 20 minutes......which is why I'll be back on it tonight.
                        laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice. CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility (no hormones produced in the facility / no cross contamination).

Comment

• Originally posted by bull.dogz View Post
                          I have a love/hate relationship with the stairmill. I love how it really works me but it always feels like death after 20 minutes......which is why I'll be back on it tonight.
                          I'm there with ya, I'll be on it tomorrow lol

Wednesday May 13th Day 133

Well Layne smacked me out of it folks. Yes I'm going to feel like crap at a certain point...I'm at that point, and that point is....below my setpoint. Today I REALLY accepted it. You won't see me talking much about my lethargy or low energy or blah blah blah...not that I was complaining about it before....but more that now, I have accepted it as part of the process and therefore I won't be focusing on it. I'll just be dealing with it.
                          If I want my procard, I MUST find a way to do the work no matter what the hell my macros are. That being said I think these macros might fit me better, we'll find out.
                          Absolutely got in the zone today in the gym, fucking got after it. Did the GPP session afterwards that I opted out for LISS on sunday. I had the fire today and I used it.

Nutrition

2,035 27.2 243.8 204.7 (1 meal left, end day target 50/295/240)

Training

Upper Power, GPP

Deloaded DB Rows, Strict
                          150lbs x 6 (4 sets)

Bench Press
                          255lbs x 5
                          245lbs x 5 (4 sets)

Seated Military Press
                          155lbs x 5
                          145lbs x 6 (3 sets)

TRI SET
                          Barbell Upright Rows//Incline Bench//Hammer Grip Chins
                          135 x 8//185 x 5//BW x 10
                          135 x 8//175 x 6//BW x 7
                          135 x 8//165 x 7//BW x 6

GPP: 30 mins cycled between
                          12kg KB swings
                          16kg BK swings
                          15lbs overhead squats
                          Plyo box jumps
                          Spin Bike

Misc

I'm honed in, I've embraced the pain.
                          Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Thursday May 14th Day 134

Trained 4 clients today, we've got a new and way better owner at work, 2 guys who co-own 3 studios in Fresno. One of them used to be a bodybuilder...and since we've been talking he's thinking of getting back into it...he got burnt out on it, he used to go to a very restrictive diet, had a trainer who had him cut water, overdid the cardio, dieted CRAZY hard for the typical 12 weeks and in general did every old school mistake that makes bodybuilding unsustainable and un-enjoyable and hell...downright unhealthy. But I've been talking to him about my first (similar) experience and how this prep is going, and he's starting to get fired up about it again...the guy has got a phenomenal physique....mid 30's been training for a decade+, wide shoulders, small waist, wide back, hams and glutes like he squats deep and correctly and even calves! The guys the total package and we hit it off...I may be helping this guy prep sometime in the not so distant future....stay tuned

As far as me...had a perfect workout today. I've been feeling good lately....mindset shift, increased carbs, caffeine...hell I don't know and I don't care but I did some damage today and will continue to do so, walked into the gym mean mugging and laser focused, walked out with a shit eating grin

Nutrition

2,213 54.0 167.6 264.8

Training

HIIT, Assymetry work, Abs, RCs

HIIT:
                            Arc Trainer
                            5 minute warm up resistance 37
                            11 intervals 15sec/45sec resistance 37/72 (BAM these got the heart rate up and I stopped as soon as I couldnt keep my pace up, HR mid 170's, and hit the 160's on the third interval )
                            Stair Mill
                            6 intervals 15sec/45sec speed 10/20
                            Stair Climber
                            6 intervals 15sec/45sec speed 45/175
                            absolutely wiped out gave my all

Standing R arm arnie press
                            50's x 10, 10, 8, 8

HS Iso Row R arm only
                            2 plates 12, 12, 10, 8

Ab Solo Med Ball Sit up Throws//Ab Coaster
                            9lb ball 3 sets 30 secs of sit up throws//40lbs x 10, 8, 7

RC Work
                            4 sets internal, 4 sets external

Misc

I can't wait to run hills tomorrow, I can smell my progress
                            Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• Saturday May 16th Day 136

Well I feel night and day different since the macro change, and weight hit an all time low today 187.2
                              Woke up, ate my preworkout meal and headed to the gym for my posing class today, legs are more detailed, and so are my arms, posing is getting better and easier, I'm really glad I'm taking these classes...I've learned how to nail all my poses pretty well now, I don't have weak poses anymore, I just have strong ones and not so strong ones.
                              Hit up chest and back hypertrophy after...and sadly the bench strength is fading, I'm def gonna take it out of the rotation for a bit after doing it for 2 weeks now, I'm gonna start working on Dumbells again. Its a fight, but I'm doing my best to hold onto my pushing strength, good workout and then some LISS despite strength being less than par.

Nutrition

working on 50/295/240

Training

Posing Class, Chest and Back Hypertrophy, LISS, warm ups excluded

HARD posing 1 hour

Flat Bench
                              225 x 7
                              225 x 6 (2 sets)
                              185 x 10

Nexus T-Bar Row (45 plates)
                              4 plates + 25 x 5
                              4 plates x 7
                              3 plates +25 x 8
                              3 plates x 10

Flat DB Press SUPERSET Lat Pulldowns
                              100's x 8//200 x 8
                              95's x 8//200 x 8
                              90's x 8//200 x 8
                              90's x 8//200 x 8

Weighted Dips SUPERSET HS Row
                              +25lbs x 12 (3 sets)//2 plates +25/side x 12 (3 sets)

DB Flys SUPERSET Barbell Shrugs
                              40's x 15 (3 sets)//315 x 15 (3 sets)

LISS:Treadmill
                              10 minutes speed 4 incline 2
                              10 minutes speed 4.2 incline 2.5
                              10 minutes speed 4.3 incline 3

Misc

I'll be taking and posting updated pictures tonight
                              Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

• 5 weeks out natural cali!

Controlled Labs Athlete

Comment

Working...
                                X