• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workout # 4

Light Back/BIs

Exercise Training Log
    1. Wide Lat Pull Downs [ 4 Sets ]
    10x10 | 8x12 | 8x14 | 8x16 | - | - |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Strap Narrow Pull Downs [ 4 Sets ]
    10x10 | 8x12 | 8x13 | 8x14 | - | - |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. 1 Arm Seated Cabel Rows [ 4 Sets ]
    8x100 | 8x120 | 8x130 | 8x140 | - | - |
    4. Standing Cable Shrugs [ 4 Sets ]
    10x120 | 10x160 | 10x180 | 10x200 | - | - |
    5. BB Curl [ 4 Sets ]
    10x45 | 8x75 | 8x95 | 8x125 | - | - |
    6. Cbl Preacher Curl [ 4 Sets ]
    8x60 | 8x65 | 8x70 | 8x70 | - | - |
    7. Seated Alt Cbl Curl [ 4 Sets ]
    8x60 | 8x70 | 8x80 | 8x80 | - | - |
    8. Mod Rear Flys [ 3 Sets ]
    10x40 | 10x50 | 10x60 | - | - | - |
    Exercise Training Log (ETL System Beta) - Provided by Hybrid-X
    Sign-up for email alerts of supplement testing & contest opportunities!

Another excellent workout, energy was up as was strength. I was actually surprised that I did so well as I slept like total crap last night as the helicopters drying the cherry orchards kept waking me up and made for restless sleep. I was actually almost falling asleep at work but my preworkout supps pulled through and pepped me up.

The pumps were really amazing and even though they were pretty intense, I was still able to finish my sets. Normally when my lats, bis and forearms get pumped like this I either have to lower my weight or don’t finish my sets in the rep range that I want.

I am really enjoying my power training routine, I have really missed training this way. It would be much better if I had my training partners but what can you do. I am really pleased at where I am at so early in the routine weights wise and only look forward to the rest of the 3 months that it takes to complete the full cycle.

Comment

Workout # 5

Light Legs

Exercise Training Log
      1. Smith Front Squats [ 5 Sets ]
      10x45 | 10x95 | 8x135 | 8x185 | 8x185 | - |
      2. BB Lunges [ 4 Sets ]
      10x45 | 8x75 | 8x95 | 8x115 | - | - |
      3. Leg Extensions [ 4 Sets ]
      10x10 | 8x12 | 8x13 | 8x14 | - | - |
      4. Leg Curls [ 4 Sets ]
      10x8 | 8x9 | 8x10 | 9x10 | - | - |
      5. Seated Calves [ 3 Sets ]
      10x50 | 10x75 | 10x75 | - | - | - |

Today was supposed to be heavy legs but I am going to do them on Saturday so I can maybe get some pics or video. Anyways, the workout went pretty good and I was pretty happy with the outcome. I always forget to look back in my log book to see what I did last time since I rarely do front squats and lunges. I tried calves for the first time in 3 months since my plantar fasciitis flared up. They felt ok but morning is the tell all, I really felt it towards the end of my lunges. Right now my feet feel ok but again we’ll see in the morning.

I got a good overall pump and the legs were solid. Energy and recovery were great as always, could of done more exercises but also used today as a lighter day to break up the week.

Comment

Are those Leg curls lying/seated/standing? I always ask people which they prefer, I'm a seated guy myself.
        Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
          Are those Leg curls lying/seated/standing? I always ask people which they prefer, I'm a seated guy myself.
          Laying, the seated one at our gym is old and kind of broken down but if it wasn't it would be my first choice.

Comment

Ok well today is the first day in a long time my legs have been this sore. But they usually are if I do the exercises I did. Man do stairs, sitting, walking, and getting into the truck suck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
              Ok well today is the first day in a long time my legs have been this sore. But they usually are if I do the exercises I did. Man do stairs, sitting, walking, and getting into the truck suck!!!
              Where's cervasa !!!

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                Where's cervasa !!!
                No leg day is complete without his posting of STAIRS SUCK!!!

Comment

Workout # 5

D/E Bench

Exercise Training Log
                  1. DB Flat Bench [ 4 Sets ]
                  10x80 | 8x100 | 8x120 | 8x140 | - | - |
                  2. CG Decline Bench [ 4 Sets ]
                  10x225 | 8x225 | 8x315 | 8x345 | - | - |
                  3. Weighted Dips [ 4 Sets ]
                  10xBW | 10x45 | 10x90 | 10x115 | - | - |
                  4. SB Cbl Front Raise [ 3 Sets ]
                  10x6 | 7x10 | 8x10 | - | - | - |
                  5. Cbl Side Lat [ 3 Sets ]
                  10x3 | 10x4 | 10x4 | - | - | - |
                  6. Seated Cbl Fly [ 3 Sets ]
                  10x80 | 10x90 | 10x100 | - | - | - |

Today was my Dynamic Effort day to work on building speed strength, I deviated from my nor first exercise but stayed within the spirit of the day. All sets are done explosively and with 100% effort on each rep/set. I did go a little heavy on the DB bench but had to show up a youngster who was thinking he was all of that. I did tweak my shoulder on decline using the regular decline bench without a spotter for the first 2 sets. When I do decline by myself I usually use the power rack but it was busy and I had no one to hand off to me, well needless to say that my torso and arms are too short to lift off by myself. I have done it before and it will heal pretty quickly.

I felt pretty good through all of the exercises even though I did spend a lot of energy on declines lifting off myself. Even though I did go a little too heavy on db bench I was still able to do each rep and set with 100% effort and explosiveness. I did run out of time and was not able to finish my whole workout but that is ok and will make up the missed exercises in the AM.

Energy and recovery were excellent and even though I am expending a lot of energy on each set, I recover faster than in the past and am at weights that I was doing while with a partner and jacked out on Eph.

Comment

Workout # 5

D/E Bench

I did go a little heavy on the DB bench but had to show up a youngster who was thinking he was all of that.
                    LMAO Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                      LMAO Awesome
                      LOL picking on the young ones

Man very strong numbers
                      MY GREEN MAG LOG
                      http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
                      http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

You got to do it once in a while to keep them in check!

Comment

Workout # 6

Heavy Back/BIs (6 AM workout)

Exercise Training Log
                          1. W Rev Grip BB Rows [ 5 Sets ]
                          10x45 | 6x135 | 6x185 | 6x225 | 6x275 | - |
                          2. DB Row [ 4 Sets ]
                          6x100 | 6x120 | 6x140 | 6x150 | - | - |
                          3. Seated Rows [ 4 Sets ]
                          6x14 | 6x17 | 6x20 | 6x21 | - | - |
                          4. Smith Shrugs [ 4 Sets ]
                          6x315 | 6x365 | 6x405 | 6x405 | - | - |
                          5. Laying Cbl Curl [ 4 Sets ]
                          10x10 | 8x12 | 8x14 | 8x15 | - | - |
                          6. Inc DB Curl [ 4 Sets ]
                          8x40 | 8x40 | 8x40 | 8x40 | - | - |
                          7. Standing Rear Cbl Fly [ 3 Sets ]
                          10x15 | 10x15 | 10x15 | - | - | - |

Actually heavy only for back, I have finally got my bicep to heal and am a little nervous about hitting heavy biceps again and then messing it up again. Today started out real slow, felt pretty crappy this morning and all day. The feeling is like when I have eaten something I am allergic to so it will just have to pass in a few days. The rest between sets was at least double that of a normal day and even with PW/ALCAR/CM and BU I still was struggling some. So I will be examining what I have eaten the past few days and watching closely what I eat again.

Now about the workout, even though I felt like total crap almost the whole workout I was happy with the weights I did. So the supps did help in that arena. I think mentally I defeated myself so physically I was more hesitant to go heavier. I did try my best to focus and still push myself.

We will see what tomorrow brings.

Comment

nice to hear that even feeling like crap you pulled a good workout, great job man and nice numbers for feeling horrible hope it passes. Alos glad to hear the shoulder is feeling better
                            MY GREEN MAG LOG
                            http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=552

MY REVIEW OF APT STRAPS
                            http://controlledlabsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043

Comment

Workout # 7

ME Bench

Exercise Training Log
                              1. CG Lo Pin Press [ 6 Sets ]
                              10x45 | 8x135 | 5x225 | 5x225 | 5x275 | 5x315 |
                              2. CG Lo Pin Press [ 1 Sets ]
                              5x365 | - | - | - | - | - |
                              3. CG Decline bench [ 4 Sets ]
                              5x225 | 5x275 | 5x315 | 5x395 | - | - |
                              4. Inc Skull Crushers [ 4 Sets ]
                              8x65 | 10x115 | 10x125 | 10x135 | - | - |
                              5. EO Press Downs [ 3 Sets ]
                              12x15 | 12x16 | 12x18 | - | - | - |
                              6. DB Front Raises [ 2 Sets ]
                              12x30 | 12x30 | - | - | - | - |
                              7. Face Pulls [ 2 Sets ]
                              12x12 | 12x14 | - | - | - | - |
                              8. Inc Cbl Flyes [ 3 Sets ]
                              12x32.5 | 12x37.5 | 12x42.5 | - | - | - |

Today’s workout felt absolutely great, I had tons of energy and strength. I did not take much rest between sets as normal as I was in a hurry but I was recovering very well.

The low pin presses equals a 2 board press but again starting at the bottom of the movement. This is one is a killer not only for a workout but a lot of stress on the body. I made bigger jumps than normal but still felt great and went up pretty good till the last set and the last 2 reps were pretty dang hard. Getting the bb to start moving off of the safety pins is tough! Every thing else went pretty good with not too much trouble, the elbows out press downs were a little awkward but then again I have never done them. I may not ever do them again either.

Now starting next week I go to 3 reps then down to 1 rep 3 weeks later. I am leaning towards a meet next June that is Raw so that will be exciting and am really looking forward to stepping in that platform again.

Tomorrow I am adding in MRM’s Driven for my preworkout supp and will stack it with my PW. I was selected for a 3 day test, so I am excited to give it a try.

Comment

Here is session 1 of my cardio, this is more fun than work but it still gives a good core workout.

Session 2 will be a moutain bike ride.
                                Awwww thats so sweet & I bet its quite the workout! We take our boys on little hikes and my husband and I end up with the lil guys on our backs/shoulders. Very tiring for me anyways! Great log!
                                What typos?

Disclaimer: All flirtatious posts under the name of Booty are all in good humor and do not represent the official thoughts of the actual person behind the screen name.

Comment

Working...
                                X