Ultimate Leg Workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
    i dare you to try this: 50 sets of squats, 50 reps each... with just the bar..

tha'ts how I felt after reading that workout.. It sounds like some workout someone thought of to torture people with, not to induce growth.

A lot of people are jumping on the high rep leg workout and swear by it lately. I've tried this workout a couple of times and think it's efficient for me because it forces me to go lighter, which is good since I have some lower back/hip problems that get aggravated with heavy squats and deads.

Comment

im going to put my college buddy through this workout in a month or two. he hasnt lifted all summer so im gonna let him get back in to it some.. it'll be a pre-thanksgiving workout

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
        I dare you to try this.

Leg Curls

3 sets 20 reps

This is to get your legs warm and toasty for what is to come and also help pre-exhaust the target muscles. Leg curls provide a nice contraction on the hamstrings and also compliment the exercises that follow quite well.

Leg Extensions

3 sets 25 reps

Go for the burn around the 18th rep. Keep the weight nice and light and use a slow and controlled motion. This will get help get your knees nice and lubricate for what is to come as well as pre-exhaust. Why not do these at the end like it is usually recommended? The answer is that this is not the bread and butter of the workout and also, you’ll be too tired to do these at the end!

Stiff Leg Deadlift

3 sets 15 reps

This is the hamstring-master. Take a shoulder-width stance and come down nice and controlled focusing on pushing your hips back rather than bending at the waste with a very slight bend in the knees. Come to where your upper torso is parallel and come back up smooth and controlled.

Lunges

4 sets 20 reps EACH LEG

Yes, you read that right. 40 total reps for 4 sets. I am man enough to admit that I use the bar only. You can either do walking lunges or alternate stationary lunges. If large, toned legs and a shapely butt are goals of yours, these MUST be done! Who doesn’t want a great ass?

One Legged Leg Press

4 sets 15-20 reps each leg

This takes a lot of pressure off of the lower back and really hits the whole leg nicely. Place one foot on the floor and the other on the platform and perform the movement. After the lunges, your quads and glutes will be on fire!

Squats

4 sets 15-20 reps

The king of all exercises. Go light as you will be a bit unstable by now and rep it out. Come just below parallel in a smooth, controlled motion.

Standing Calf Raises

4 sets 25 reps

Drop the weight and rep it out! Smooth and controlled with a full range of motion. These will burn really bad.

Cardio

Did he just say CARDIO?

We recommend 20-35 minutes of low intensity cardio at 120-140 heart-rate to facilitate recovery and nutrient flow. Yes, even after this hellish workout!
        Hey, where did you get this from? I remember reading this I think in a mag. I'm guessing MD or Flex.

Comment

scivation/primaforce mailing list thing...

its online somewhere

http://www.strengthandscience.com/archives.htm

in there i think..

Comment

I've tried this one.......It's a killer!!!!!

Comment

I do all these exercises within a week but not on the same day. I split up hams, quads, calves...all on different days. I've really noticed development particularly in hamstrings ever since. Prior to this i dont think hamstrings were getting enough attention.

Comment

Working...
              X