Static Contraction / Partials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddawg91
    First, i meant it no way to say you were doing it wrong. After having a total 3 shoulder surgieries 2 of which were reconstruction, I have had to find the best position to bench. Well that way is how powerlifters do it and not the traditional way we were taught in the gym by the club trainers (no offense Aries) or the high school gym teacher.

Bring the elbows in closer to your sides which will also bring the BB closer to your nipples or lower. This does help but does take some getting use to. Same with DB, I keep mine at a 45 degree angle from my body.
    You ever had any issues with squatting and shoulder problems? I thought my shoulder was fine, but I went to squat 225 and around rep 2 my shoulder felt like someone was taking a knife to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LancerV
      You ever had any issues with squatting and shoulder problems? I thought my shoulder was fine, but I went to squat 225 and around rep 2 my shoulder felt like someone was taking a knife to it.
      Yes I have, I went with a wider grip and then had the bar placed higher on my traps. This seems to help.

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
        Bring the elbows in closer to your sides which will also bring the BB closer to your nipples or lower. This does help but does take some getting use to. Same with DB, I keep mine at a 45 degree angle from my body.
        Right now I've been keeping my elbows fairly well tucked, as all of my issues seem to occur when flaring exists.. I know you weren't trying to say I'm doing it wrong, and I know we can all probably improve..

SCT
        Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
          Right now I've been keeping my elbows fairly well tucked, as all of my issues seem to occur when flaring exists.. I know you weren't trying to say I'm doing it wrong, and I know we can all probably improve..

SCT
          So you are flaring at the top. I would try DB bench for a bit while the shoulder heals, that is what I had to do (actually did them for 4-5 years before doing BB bench again.

Comment

Cell me crazy Josh, but I wouldn't even be looking for PR's right now... or changing up your routine too much, and keep your head up don't let that injury even PHASE you. Just run your stone cold ass off every day and personally I think you will see very little difference between routines (when you find a fave.. stick with it = go by feel).

Comment

did I hear this fool tryin' to go for PRs with a rotator cuff injury?

slap yourself with the heaviest dumbbell and then go back to liftin' the small ones.
              www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                did I hear this fool tryin' to go for PRs with a rotator cuff injury?

slap yourself with the heaviest dumbbell and then go back to liftin' the small ones.
                I haven't tried for any PRs AT ALL, I did get one but that wasn't me TRYING for it.. I lift as hard as my body can safely allow
                Back to the basics!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecoldtruth
                  I haven't tried for any PRs AT ALL, I did get one but that wasn't me TRYING for it.. I lift as hard as my body can safely allow

i sense an attitude in that tone ... Betta check on it punk!
                  www.elitefitsystems.com

Now with CL and all your other favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Aries
                    i sense an attitude in that tone ... Betta check on it punk!
                    Sounds like he is trying to put you in your place.

First there was the Thrilla in Manilla

Now:

Tumble in Texas

Aries vs. SCT

Get your tickets now!!! Will not be on Pay-Per-View!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X