post workout cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LancerV
    HIIT is more taxing on the CNS than it is the body, which is why it shouldnt be done everyday but it can be done 1 or twice a week just fine. And regular cardio is more catabolic than HIIT
    Amazing you lack the ability to read and comprehend what is written. While I agree HIIT is a good tool, I would not agree it is a good tool for a BULK. Due to numerous facts such as, increased caloric usage and increased metabolism. Hench, on top of what he would NORMALLY look at to use as his caloric amount for the bulk must now be increased further due to the increased strain of HIIT. Also, if you took the time to see, that I said 25-30 minutes of cardio (proven to NOT be catabolic). Also, to suggest HIIT after a workout is rather moronic. If he's already hitting the weights hard getting out all his sets and reps needed to BUILD muscle, you want him to further pound his body with HIIT when he should be feeding it. Stop living off the "elitefts" website and do some actually research before jumping out with "that's such crap" style statements. The following is just a small sample of what I found on HIIT:

"1. When you work at a high intensity, you burn more total calories per pound of body weight.
    2. High Intensity workouts such as weight training and HIIT boost growth hormone levels.
    3. Elevates the body's metabolism throughout the entire day!

What does this mean for you? The more calories that you burn in a day, the more weight you are able to lose. Even if weight loss is not your goal, HIIT is for you. Athletes will see better gains from doing HIIT cardio as opposed to traditional cardio."

So as you can see, I don't dismiss HIIT. However, I again don't believe it should be incorporated in a bulk. He should max his calories for building muscle, and when comes time for a cut, HIIT would be great.

Also:

"Get this right now... DO NOT DO CARDIO DIRECTLY BEFORE OR DIRECTLY AFTER YOUR WEIGHT TRAINING!!! Why not? Think about it. If you do cardio right before your weight training, you are going to use up quite a bit of stored glycogen in the process. The effect this would have on your performance would be negative and anything that inhibits overloading our muscles (we know about the importance of overload by now), we will not do. Why not the "typical" directly after?"

"The time after your workout is the most crucial time in your day to stimulate muscle growth and recovery. Immediately after your workout, you should be feeding yourself and you should be feeding yourself throughout the next three hours. Obviously if you did cardio directly after, you would not be taking advantage of this crucial time period and in addition you would be furthering the fatigue factor, hence impeding on your recovery and growth. Keep your cardio on your days off and at least 8 hours before or after you plan to train with weights."
    Last edited by Spartan; 03-01-2007, 06:34 PM.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
    Purple Wraath
    Green Magnitude
    Orange Triad
    White Flood
    Blue Up
    100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
    US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
      This coming from a guy who can't lift for shit. Funny. Apparently "complex's" isn't providing you good chest work. Might want to look into something else, or would that hurt your ego?
      My bench sucks because my RC isnt really there but good job on being a dumbass, oh yea but you have a 665 leg press holy shit Oh and complexes arent for strength either
      Last edited by LancerV; 03-02-2007, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Am......a bunch of bullshit from retareds ."
        Let me go tell this to a guy that squats a 1000, or another guy that deadlifts 800 brb. Youve solved all of there training problems! Also HIIT should always be performed after a leg workout, I also bet you have a stunning 40' and are in amazing cardiovascular shape
        Last edited by LancerV; 03-02-2007, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Let me go tell this to a guy that squats a 1000, or another guy that deadlifts 800 brb. Youve solved all of there training problems! Also HIIT should always be performed after a leg workout, I also bet you have a stunning 40' and are in amazing cardiovascular shape
          Actually, my 40 yard, not 40 foot (' after numbers means feet pro) probably isn't too bad. And as far as the other, 3 miles in roughly 9 min/per isn't too bad either. Thanks for asking.
          Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Actually, my 40 yard, not 40 foot (' after numbers means feet pro) probably isn't too bad. And as far as the other, 3 miles in roughly 9 min/per isn't too bad either. Thanks for asking.
            I doubt you could run a 40 in 5.5, And 3miles in 27mins is pretty sad to be honest. Also running with a knee injury? Must not be that bad of a knee injury
            Last edited by LancerV; 03-02-2007, 05:43 PM.

Comment

5.5 in the 40 isnt too hard to acomplish, sure linemen run it in under 5, but you'd have to be a big sloppy sob to not hit it in 5.5.
              A Gold's Gym puppet - and proud of it.

Comment

I doubt you could run a 40 in 5.5, And 3miles in 27mins is pretty sad to be honest. Also running with a knee injury? Must not be that bad of a knee injury

Current Supps:
                Purple Wraath
                Green Magnitude
                Orange Triad
                White Flood
                Blue Up
                100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Sethva
                  5.5 in the 40 isnt too hard to acomplish, sure linemen run it in under 5, but you'd have to be a big sloppy sob to not hit it in 5.5.
                  Exactly and running an average rate of 9mins a mile is fat and sloppy, hell it took 5weeks of training to get us to run 3miles at rate of 7.30 a mile

Comment

Go eat a doughnut

Comment

Exactly and running an average rate of 9mins a mile is fat and sloppy, hell it took 5weeks of training to get us to run 3miles at rate of 7.30 a mile
                      lol, let me get right on that since running a fast 3 miles with little to no cartilage in my knees is so deftly important to me so I can impress a kid 9 years younger than me and put up a good time when it means nothing to my ability to perform my job to the best of my abilities....

Current Supps:
                      Purple Wraath
                      Green Magnitude
                      Orange Triad
                      White Flood
                      Blue Up
                      100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Go eat a doughnut
                        snappy come back, wow. I'm just in awe of the intellect you possess with such statements and impressive vernacular.

Current Supps:
                        Purple Wraath
                        Green Magnitude
                        Orange Triad
                        White Flood
                        Blue Up
                        100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

lol, let me get right on that since running a fast 3 miles with little to no cartilage in my knees is so deftly important to me so I can impress a kid 9 years younger than me and put up a good time when it means nothing to my ability to perform my job to the best of my abilities....
                          If its that bad get a knee replacement

Comment

snappy come back, wow. I'm just in awe of the intellect you possess with such statements and impressive vernacular.

Cops hate me

Comment

If its that bad get a knee replacement
                              Wow captain obvious, amazing. Except, why would I bother when I can still do my job. Getting a knee replacement when it's not entirely needed is just moronic. Let's see, I have really bad knees and yet I can still run, do a majority of my daily activites and my job better than most people. Yes, let me just go out and get a procedure done that will further limit my potential range of motion, have to be replaced again in another 15-20 years, have a potentially unstable kneecap that can dislocate to the outer part of the knee, sacrifice my posterior cruciate ligament as it can be removed in the surgery, lose my ability to twist and turn at the same extent I can now, have to be off my job for roughly 2.5-3 months recovering till my knee would be suitible to return to my line of work, and the list keeps going and going. Please, enlighten us further oh shortsighted one with such snipits of your wisdom.

Current Supps:
                              Purple Wraath
                              Green Magnitude
                              Orange Triad
                              White Flood
                              Blue Up
                              100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Cops hate me
                                You give yourself too much credit. I just think you're a complete fucking retard to be honest.

Current Supps:
                                Purple Wraath
                                Green Magnitude
                                Orange Triad
                                White Flood
                                Blue Up
                                100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Working...