Pain in wrists :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you work forearm muscles at all?

i love just walking around between sets doing this lil things where you old a light DB and just spin your wrist hand around..

the only bad part is i feel like a woman carrying 15lb DBs around..

Comment

Originally posted by jdiritto
      do you work forearm muscles at all?

He's a guy, it should be an obvious answer....

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Current Supps:
      Purple Wraath
      Green Magnitude
      Orange Triad
      White Flood
      Blue Up
      100% ON Classic Whey

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Theodore Sturgeon
      US science fiction author (1918 - 1985)

Comment

forearm work = good or bad? Yes I do 4arm work.

no moneys for a doc' appointment right now

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
          forearm work = good or bad? Yes I do 4arm work.

no moneys for a doc' appointment right now
          It's good if you do it, but not a real requirement. Can assist with grip strength, therefore being able to improve lifts a bit. Also would maybe stabilize something if it's a problem, but listen to Dave, since he's got the best medical mind of us here.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. - Psalm 144:1

Current Supps:
          Purple Wraath
          Green Magnitude
          Orange Triad
          White Flood
          Blue Up
          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

too much time waxing the carrot.

just make sure your wrists are straight, don't break them (let them bend during exercise.)

I agree with Sethva, you may have to take some time off before it gets worse and interferes with life.

Comment

maybe stretch your hands/forearms out more? you can do alot of that real easy.. just pulling and pushing with resistence from your other hand..

you'd be suprisded how much it helps... I used to do a ton of this during baseball, really enhanced the curve ball and similiar motions

Comment

I had this same problem in my left wrist. It pained me bad for about 6 months before going to see a doc, when i went, they said it was nothing, but it might've been some hair fractures or something like that, which i didnt belive, cause i could crack the bones in the wrist(like i could twist my wrist and the bones would pop. kinda like popping your knuckles except it was bones that was making the cracking sound) Anyways, they gave me papers to go to pyshical therapy, but i was not about to do that due to alot of reasons. Anyways, i tried everything for those 6 months, ice, tylenol, advil, bayer, flex-all etc. etc. I kinda gave weight lifting a rest for a month or so, got back into it, and the pain faded away. About a month or so after the pain went away, I only felt it while doing curls, and OMFG did it pain so bad when i was doing curls. Anyways, im gald to say today i don't have this problem any more, and it went away around September of 2006. Hope all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by John B.
                  I had this same problem in my left wrist. It pained me bad for about 6 months before going to see a doc, when i went, they said it was nothing, but it might've been some hair fractures or something like that, which i didnt belive, cause i could crack the bones in the wrist(like i could twist my wrist and the bones would pop. kinda like popping your knuckles except it was bones that was making the cracking sound) Anyways, they gave me papers to go to pyshical therapy, but i was not about to do that due to alot of reasons. Anyways, i tried everything for those 6 months, ice, tylenol, advil, bayer, flex-all etc. etc. I kinda gave weight lifting a rest for a month or so, got back into it, and the pain faded away. About a month or so after the pain went away, I only felt it while doing curls, and OMFG did it pain so bad when i was doing curls. Anyways, im gald to say today i don't have this problem any more, and it went away around September of 2006. Hope all goes well.
                  My wrists have gotten a lil better now that I wrap my wrists so fucking tight that it nearly cuts off the circulation to my hands. Glad your wrists are better homie!

Comment

Originally posted by adrian andras
                    My wrists have gotten a lil better now that I wrap my wrists so fucking tight that it nearly cuts off the circulation to my hands. Glad your wrists are better homie!
                    How are things going wrist-wise ?

Comment

Originally posted by pu12en12g
                      How are things going wrist-wise ?
                      Very well, I just dropped the weight down for a while on my pressing exercises. Thanks for asking

Comment

That is good to hear, are you doing any strengthening exercises?

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                          That + no masterbation = better wrists.

Current Supps:
                          Purple Wraath
                          Green Magnitude
                          Orange Triad
                          White Flood
                          Blue Up
                          100% ON Classic Whey

Theodore Sturgeon

Comment

Originally posted by ddawg91
                            nah, I just roll them in a circuler motion for about 10 circles each as a warm up.

Comment

You might look into some for when you do go heavier and also look into wrist wraps, I knwo many say not to. But they do not make for weak wrists and to add some nice support on heavy lifts.

Comment

Working...
                              X